Ancient Yautja (Predator) embarks on the Ultimate Hunting Expedition!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

masterbruce
http://www.geocities.com/theyautjahuntinglair/home.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Predator_(alien)

The best and most experienced Ancient/Elder Yautja decides to test himself by collecting the trophies of the most formidable warriors.

ANCIENTS/ELDERS: The greatest Yautja that have ever lived, they have survived a thousand hunts. These represent less than 1% of the entire population.
Weapons: Upgraded Wristblades, Combistick, Smart Disc, Net Gun, Plasmacaster
Equipment: Hunting Mask, Hunting Mesh, Cloaking Device, Medikit

The Ultimate Prey List:

1. Batman
2. Captain America
3. Wolverine
4. Spiderman
5. Venom
6. Colossus
7. Iron Man
8. Savage Hulk
9. Thor

Can the Ancient Yautja succeed on his hunt?

Tassadar
Stopped at 5.

Soljer
Originally posted by Tassadar
Stopped at 5.

IF he makes it past Spiderman.

Tassadar
Originally posted by Soljer
IF he makes it past Spiderman.

An Elder Pred can beat Spiderman.

Soljer
Originally posted by Tassadar
An Elder Pred can beat Spiderman.

Thanks for making a blatant statement without a shred of evidence to back it up.

The sun is made of bears that create cheese for happy little children all over the world.

Now, tell me why.

Metalmanx
Thanks for making a blatant statement without a shred of evidence to back it up.

The sun is made of bears that create cheese for happy little children all over the world.

Now, tell me why.

I was wondering where all this cheese came from...

laughing

Edit: But really though. I agree. I don't see even an Ancient Predator defeating Spider-Man.

masterbruce
Originally posted by Metalmanx
I don't see even an Ancient Predator defeating Spider-Man.

Wow, I am really shocked to hear that. You blew my mind. big grin

BTW, we need C-Master's input, he knows alot about Yautja I believe.

Soljer
Originally posted by masterbruce
Wow, I am really shocked to hear that. You blew my mind. big grin

BTW, we need C-Master's input, he knows alot about Yautja I believe.

There are quite a few posters that are very knowledgable about Yautja here. They are pretty impressive creatures, in fact. I just know that even an Elder vs. Spiderman is often a hotly debated topic, and even if I personally don't believe Spiderman would beat him, I know plenty out there do.

So, I'd like a little bit of explanation, is all. wink .

Tassadar

Now, tell me why.

1) Spiderman is not significantly more durable or strong than a Pred in h2h, and is unarmed and less skilled, and thus will lose the majority up close. The only things Spidey has going for him are his agility and Spider-sense, which wont help him if he is netted to a wall.
2) Spidey cant survive a plasma caster hit, which an Elder Pred is accurate enough with to hit him in mid air when he cannot dodge it.
3) The disk tracks, meaning the Pred can use it as a distraction. While Spidey is trying to dodge the disk several times, the Pred is taking aim with the PC and/or netgun. He cant dodge 3 things at once.
4) Your welcome.
5) I always wondered why the sun made everything smell so bad.

Jyppe
Well, first of all. One of the Elders did defeat an Alien queen with his barefists. The Elder's a very formidable opponent without weapons, now you gave him plasmacaster and netgun. Ownage.

I can't tell wether an Elder would beat Spiderman for some people claim he's untouchable.. Yet Captain America didn't have hard time hitting him. PIS or not, many people bring up the times Predators have been tagged by Humans, which also would be "PIS"

Jyppe
Besides, Predators are way more durable than Spiderman is. (I'm not that sure about blunt force trauma) They're virtually bullet proof (Well, they do bleed, but one kept fighting when he was shot with a shotgun directly to the head from point blank range. It bled, but other than that it was Ok.

masterbruce
This is also the BEST Elder Yautja, which is the Best of Predator Hunters. So, this ain't just your average pred, who is already very tough.

Soljer
1) He IS significantly stronger than the average predator. The STRONGEST we've ever seen was strong enough to lift a tank. The average predator has no real strength feats to speak of.

He also has an amazing speed advantage over the predator, let us not forget.

2) Spidey can't survive a plasmacaster hit, but there isn't a thing stopping him from dodging it all day long.

3) Spiderman can't dodge more than a single attack at once? Since when? Someone needs to tell pete that - he should have died YEARS ago. Damn cheater.

4) wink.

5) And Pete's webbing? He can't web the disk to the ground, web the Yautja where he stands, web the pneumatics on the plasmacaster in place?

6) A yautja has gotten taken out by blackbelts before, spider strength is plenty.

7) A Yautja has been stabbed plenty of times, Pete's stingers could come in handy.

8) The yautja looks cooler, so he wins. smile.

masterbruce
Originally posted by Jyppe
Besides, Predators are way more durable than Spiderman is. (I'm not that sure about blunt force trauma) They're virtually bullet proof (Well, they do bleed, but one kept fighting when he was shot with a shotgun directly to the head from point blank range. It bled, but other than that it was Ok.

This Pred has hunter mesh, which is bulletproof.

Zahit
Knowledge is Power!
I am now born anew!
Thank you.

Metalmanx
1) He IS significantly stronger than the average predator. The STRONGEST we've ever seen was strong enough to lift a tank. The average predator has no real strength feats to speak of.

2) Spidey can't survive a plasmacaster hit, but there isn't a thing stopping him from dodging it all day long.

3) Spiderman can't dodge more than a single attack at once? Since when? Someone needs to tell pete that - he should have died YEARS ago. Damn cheater.

4) wink.

5) And Pete's webbing? He can't web the disk to the ground, web the Yautja where he stands, web the pneumatics on the plasmacaster in place?

6) A yautja has gotten taken out by blackbelts before, spider strength is plenty.

7) A Yautja has been stabbed plenty of times, Pete's stingers could come in handy.

Exactly.

Tassadar

4) wink.

1) You realize tanks are 20+ tons right?
2) Cept the fact that he cant change directions in mid air. The Punisher tagged him like that once, I dont see why a Pred Elder cant.
3) I said 3 things, not one. Of course he can dodge one.
5) The disk can cut Pred nets, which is much stronger then Spideys webbing. A Pred could break through his webbing fairly easily. The plasmacaster thing would work until the Pred fired it and the heat melted the webbing off.
6) When? That must have been a dumbass Pred, because peak human doesnt even faze a newb Pred in the first movie. This is the BEST of the Predator race.

Newjak

4) wink.

8) The yautja looks cooler, so he wins. smile. Predators can chase down speeding cars so no it isn't as big a difference as one would think.

An Elder a million times more skilled then a Spiderman could ever be. Has much better weapons and unlike most ranged weapons the Elder's Shoulder Cannon can still be used up close and personal. Plus the Elder Preds melee weapons will cut through Spiderman like tissue paper.

Spiderman constantly gets tagged by peak humans with much less skill and much less tech Kraven anyone? The best Elder ever would absolutly Destroy Kraven on Kraven's best day if it was on its worst with one arm tied behind its back.

Secondly Spiderman will have trouble keeping track of the Predator because of the cloaking device and the Predator will never loose Spiderman because of the Helmet.

An Elder Pred once survived on a planet of Ginat Aliens with nothing but a Spear no armor or anything.

Spiderman isn't dodging forever for one thing Spiderman can fatigue Spiderman constantly gets tagged in melee combat wit much worse fighters than an normal Predator.

masterbruce
this is not only an Elder Pred, but the BEST Elder Pred

Metalmanx
And this is not just Spider-Man, it's Spider-Man fighting at his absolute best. Not dicking around and joking with his opponent. It's him using all of his skills and abilities to their very fullest.

Newjak
And this is not just Spider-Man, it's Spider-Man fighting at his absolute best. Not dicking around and joking with his opponent. It's him using all of his skills and abilities to their very fullest. I understand that but a Pred is probably around a 5 tonner (taking both highs and lows into account) so he isn't super outclassed in strength

A Predator can case down speeding cars so Spiserman isn't much faster.

A Pred's Armor can withstand punches from Spiderman while Spiderman can't really get hit once at all.

A Predator is so far ahead of Spiderman in skill it isn't even funny and Elder Pred makes Spiderman look he is baby in hi motions.

An Elder Pred has much better long range weapons than Spidey that would destroy Spiderman straight up.

An Elder Pred using all of his skill and weapons is pretty hard to take down if you think about it.

Zahit
Does ANYBODY have pics to SHOW that a Predator alien
is anywhere near Spiderman in strength?

All I'm hearing is a lot of conjecture about how skilled they are
yet there have been HUMANS who have put up a fight.

Let's SEE some pics.

masterbruce
we need CMaster, he knows tons about Preds

Metalmanx
Originally posted by Newjak
I understand that but a Pred is probably around a 5 tonner (taking both highs and lows into account) so he isn't super outclassed in strength

A Predator can case down speeding cars so Spiserman isn't much faster.

A Pred's Armor can withstand punches from Spiderman while Spiderman can't really get hit once at all.

A Predator is so far ahead of Spiderman in skill it isn't even funny and Elder Pred makes Spiderman look he is baby in hi motions.

An Elder Pred has much better long range weapons than Spidey that would destroy Spiderman straight up.

An Elder Pred using all of his skill and weapons is pretty hard to take down if you think about it.

And see, this is where a lot of people get me wrong. I DO know that an Ancient Predator is a force to be reckoned with. I know it's extremely skilled and powerful. You'll find that I won't ever doubt that of any Predator, especially an Ancient one. Hell, I think a single Ancient Predator would destroy Wolverine. erm

However, I just feel that Spider-Man's abilities give him more than enough advantages over this opponent.

PRAYERRUN
http://www.geocities.com/theyautjahuntinglair/home.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Predator_(alien)

The best and most experienced Ancient/Elder Yautja decides to test himself by collecting the trophies of the most formidable warriors.

ANCIENTS/ELDERS: The greatest Yautja that have ever lived, they have survived a thousand hunts. These represent less than 1% of the entire population.
Weapons: Upgraded Wristblades, Combistick, Smart Disc, Net Gun, Plasmacaster
Equipment: Hunting Mask, Hunting Mesh, Cloaking Device, Medikit

The Ultimate Prey List:

1. Batman
2. Captain America
3. Wolverine
4. Spiderman
5. Venom
6. Colossus
7. Iron Man
8. Savage Hulk
9. Thor

Can the Ancient Yautja succeed on his hunt?

1. Batman was barely able to beat a rookie Predator, so I doubt that he'd last much longer against an elder pred.
2. Captain America...hmmmm. the only thing Cap has going for him is his shield...and that's if he can see his enemy.
2. Wolverine......well he might last a little bit longer, but unless he gets a sudden burst of spider sense, he'll go down too.
3. Spiderman...well this is a toughie. BUT I just can't see Spidey beating a elder pred. Sorry spidey fans, I love him too.
4. now here's a tough battle. Venom vs Predator. I can't see any of pred's weapons, other than the blaster, doing much to venom, but at the same time, how is venom gonna find him? I see Predator beating Venom by a slight margin just because of his heat sight & the fact that Predator can sneak up on Venom from behind. (venom has no spider sense.)
5. Predator because I dont see Colossus beating Predator unless it's a fist fight. even then Predator might win.
6. Wow....somebody should make this comic lol. Iron Man vs Predator. Both have heat sensors, I'm sure that Iron man can turn invisible if he has his cloaking armor. Unless Predator is able to jump on his back and tear Iron Man's suit to smitherines, Iron man would win this one.
7. Savage hulk would just swatt away Predator whenever he attacks lol.
8. Thor....well I don't think you can kill thor can you?

Newjak
And see, this is where a lot of people get me wrong. I DO know that an Ancient Predator is a force to be reckoned with. I know it's extremely skilled and powerful. You'll find that I won't ever doubt that of any Predator, especially an Ancient one. Hell, I think a single Ancient Predator would destroy Wolverine. erm

However, I just feel that Spider-Man's abilities give him more than enough advantages over this opponent. In reality Spidey only has two real advantages in Strength and Agility while I think that the Elder has at least 4 good advantages.

MightyEInherjar
I say the Yautja makes it to 5. As for Pred showings, I really think we need a pred respect thread. I have a good number of DH Predator books, but I don't have a working scanner.

I'd put the average pred at about 5 tons (already mentioned), and the strongest topping somewhere around 60 tons (due to tank lifting feats).

Spidey will obviously be the toughest fight, but both at peak performance, the only advantage on spideys side will be his precog and reflexes. If the Elder connects once, it's game over for spiderman. This is much like the Wolverine vs Spiderman fight (ass-kicking), except this will be like Wolverine with a good shot of winning. Around Class 50 Strength, a Batman amount of gadgets, cloaking, and enough long-range firepower and accuracy to make Punisher jealous. However, if he beats spiderman, I don't think there's anything he can do (except maybe some tech) to beat Venom.

Ooo...Elder Yautja with a Symbiote?

Metalmanx
Originally posted by Newjak
In reality Spidey only has two real advantages in Strength and Agility while I think that the Elder has at least 4 good advantages.

I disagree. Along with the strength and agility, Peter is arguably faster, has faster reflexes, has PRECOG, has webbing that could completely incapacitate any Predator (Elder or not), and Stingers that can cause quite a bit of damage.

masterbruce
I disagree. Along with the strength and agility, Peter is arguably faster, has faster reflexes, has PRECOG, has webbing that could completely incapacitate any Predator (Elder or not), and Stingers that can cause quite a bit of damage.

the webbing would be useless against an elder Pred

the best elder pred can lift over 60 tons, he can def break webbing

Soljer
the webbing would be useless against an elder Pred

the best elder pred can lift over 60 tons, he can def break webbing

You only said the best. The best isn't necessarily stronger than the strongest Predator we've ever seen. Just better. Be more descriptive. Do you mean this predator has the strength of the strongest predator, the speed of the fastest, the skill of the most skilled, and etc.? Or just the BEST hunter we've ever seen on panel?

Metalmanx
You only said the best. The best isn't necessarily stronger than the strongest Predator we've ever seen. Just better. Be more descriptive. Do you mean this predator has the strength of the strongest predator, the speed of the fastest, the skill of the most skilled, and etc.? Or just the BEST hunter we've ever seen on panel?

That was confusing me as well.

Soljer
If it IS an amalgamation of the best predator's ever, then he will still lose at Venom.

masterbruce
If it IS an amalgamation of the best predator's ever, then he will still lose at Venom.

yes, this is the best predator in all attributes. I felt it would've been redundant to say the fastest, smartest, strongest, most experienced, most agile, etc etc

Soljer
yes, this is the best predator in all attributes. I felt it would've been redundant to say the fastest, smartest, strongest, most experienced, most agile, etc etc

Well, we've never seen on panel a 'best' predator.

There could be a predator that is weaker than the tank-lifter, but who is a far better hunter.

Which one is the better predator?

Hence, I (and it seems not only I) needed clarification upon what you meant. You meant a theoretical, yet-unseen predator who could emualte any of the feats we've seen on panel thus far.

Metalmanx

You really could've been much more clear about it from the beginning.

However, my opinion on the match remains the same.

You say the webbing won't affect him, I say it's held much stronger before and not broken.

And I believe having a spider-sense, superior speed/agility/reflexes, in combination with his webbing, will give Spidey the victory, even against this amalgamation of a Predator.

Soljer
Amalgamation, wink.

And I'll say the amalgamate gets to Venom and stops.

masterbruce
You really could've been much more clear about it from the beginning.

However, my opinion on the match remains the same.

You say the webbing won't affect him, I say it's held much stronger before and not broken.

And I believe having a spider-sense, superior speed/agility/reflexes, in combination with his webbing, will give Spidey the victory, even against this amalgamation of a Predator.

Can someone PM CMaster and ask for his opinion? he knows the most about preds and he has a lot of credibility on this board. I think his answer might be that pred gets to Thor

Metalmanx
Can someone PM CMaster and ask for his opinion? he knows the most about preds and he has a lot of credibility on this board. I think his answer might be that pred gets to Thor

...What the f**k?

Yea. If C-Master was high. roll eyes (sarcastic)

masterbruce
...What the f**k?

Yea. If C-Master was high. roll eyes (sarcastic)

I've PMed him. hopefully he responds soon

Tha C-Master
Ok, Elder Predators definitely have what it takes to defeat Spiderman, they have the strength and agility (which isn't as high as Parker's) but the battle experience that gives them the edge. The problem with them is while they possess the equipment and skill to easily waste him, they are simply too proud to use these and will rather face him in h2h combat, like they do their other opponents. That puts them at an unecessary disadvantage. They can't break Spiderman's webbing, but Spiderman won't get out of every attack they do if it isn't h2h. Spiderman would definitely lose to an Elder Pred if it absolutely wanted to kill him for the sake of winning ( one has killed a Queen with it's bare hands), but if H2h there is of course the chance that Peter webs him up, without having to contend with his armor and strength.

They would however lose to Venom if they don't have the right technology. Venom's suit provides too much resistance otherwise.

I'm not sure he could do much to Colossus or Extremis Iron Man with his equipment though.

masterbruce
see, Metalmanx, I told you so Happy Dance

Metalmanx
see, Metalmanx, I told you so Happy Dance

(No offense to you at all, C-Master)

...So, because he says so, that makes it right?

I could bring someone in here right now that could say that Spider-Man can take out this hypothetical Predator. Wouldn't necessarily make it true.

I just wanted to point out your horrible debating skills. roll eyes (sarcastic)

But honestly? I do believe C-Master. Because he is knowledgable, is not biased, and actually READS COMICS.

So, yea. This crazy, hypothetical amalgamation of a Predator can take out Spidey. But, there's no way it could defeat Venom.

masterbruce

Not necessarily. But he knows more about both spiderman and predators than almost anyone else and is not a fanboy, therefore his opinion carries more weight.

If you bring someone unbiased and is knowledgeable about both characters and say that spiderman wins, then I will evaluate his argument and reconsider my position.

Jyppe
(No offense to you at all, C-Master)

I could bring someone in here right now that could say that Spider-Man can take out this hypothetical Predator. Wouldn't necessarily make it true.

I just wanted to point out your horrible debating skills. roll eyes (sarcastic)

But honestly? I do believe C-Master. Because he is knowledgable, is not biased, and actually READS COMICS.

So, yea. This crazy, hypothetical amalgamation of a Predator can take out Spidey. But, there's no way it could defeat Venom.

Eh.. He does have a plasma canon. It shoots super heated plasma.. Isn't heat like Venom's second biggest weakness..? Don't tell me that Venom's symbiote has adapted to such temperatures...
-----------------------

If we'd go by only the highest showings then I'd say Spider-man would win, but then I'd say there aren't many people who can beat him then.

If we'll go by average showings (Some bad, some good) then I'd say The Elder predator would take it.

IMO it's quite fair to say that most Predators are between 5 - 10 tonners and then there are some lot stronger. Usually they're portrayed as less than tank lifters.

Their speed has enabled them to dodge/block Alien attacks, bullets and such, but on the other hand, they have been tagged by mere humans.

IMO Durability easily goes for the Predator. I'll post some scans soon.

Darth Martin
I say he gets to Iron Man. Cool thread!

TricksterPriest
This is a very interesting fight. But I don't see him getting past Venom. Brock is too resourceful and too powerful to be defeated even by an elder. HOWEVER, IF THIS IS CURRENT VENOM, ELDER PRED. Gargan, despite having the venom symbiote, is still an idiot. I do see it beating Spidey. Colossus is dicey. Can the pred's weapons pierce his metal armor? If so, Colossus is going down. IM would a fight to remember, but ultimately Iron man would win.

Darth Martin
I'd say the weapons could pierce colossus. I also think thios is Brock and I would think that the yautja's plassma caster is plasma=super heat and could melt down the symbiote possibly. Deppends on honor-code I guess.

Darth Martin
I'd say the weapons could pierce colossus. I also think thios is Brock and I would think that the yautja's plassma caster is plasma=super heat and could melt down the symbiote possibly. Deppends on honor-code I guess.

Master-Borg
bump

Gecko4lif
stops at thor

Soljer
Beats them all simultaneously. smile.

cmack
spiderman wins much faster, agile, spider sense, he can hurt the predator

Darth Martin
Ok, Elder Predators definitely have what it takes to defeat Spiderman, they have the strength and agility (which isn't as high as Parker's) but the battle experience that gives them the edge. The problem with them is while they possess the equipment and skill to easily waste him, they are simply too proud to use these and will rather face him in h2h combat, like they do their other opponents. That puts them at an unecessary disadvantage. They can't break Spiderman's webbing, but Spiderman won't get out of every attack they do if it isn't h2h. Spiderman would definitely lose to an Elder Pred if it absolutely wanted to kill him for the sake of winning ( one has killed a Queen with it's bare hands), but if H2h there is of course the chance that Peter webs him up, without having to contend with his armor and strength.

They would however lose to Venom if they don't have the right technology. Venom's suit provides too much resistance otherwise.

I'm not sure he could do much to Colossus or Extremis Iron Man with his equipment though.

-C-Master

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.