Doom Vs. Superman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Entity
I am sure this has probably been done but, can Doom kill Superman permanently

lando005
yes this has been done and yes he can

heru
I believe he can. Given enough prep time, on the man of steel. It may be a tough fight, but it can be done.

NiņoAraņa
no Prep 10/10 speedblitz....and do not bring up any shield nonesense no expression
with prep 10/10 outsmartedness.....and don't try to justify Supes being any kind of powerful, because Doom with prep...you just lose no expression

Starhawk
Doom would easily come up with something to take down the man of steel.

rotiart
Doom is like Thanos... He achieves what he wants... and then gives up the power...

If Doom really wanted you dead, you'd better just call up the funeral home and pick out your casket.

Howard_Jones
Isn't Doom the #2 sorcerer in the MU?

Starhawk
He has magical powers yes, I'm not sure of the extent of them though.

Howard_Jones
I remember a comic way back when that Doom and Strange were dragged to Mephisto's realm because they were the top two sorcerers on Marvel Earth. I could be wrong though.

Galan777
Originally posted by Howard_Jones
Isn't Doom the #2 sorcerer in the MU? Doom is only the #2, maybe #3 most powerful magic user on Marvel Earth.

As for this thread:

If Doom has prep, he wins 10/10

Without prep, Superman wins 10/10

complexbrother
as somebody said b4 .. Doom is what Lex Luthor wants to be when he grows up.

Superman dies worse than he did with Doomsday .

kgkg
Superman will crush him.

Galan777
Originally posted by kgkg
Superman will crush him.
Without Prep yes

With Prep no

kgkg
Originally posted by Galan777
Without Prep yes

With Prep no with prep i can beat superman with UN

Galan777
with prep i can beat superman with UN lol, I see.....

kgkg
With prep people like Doom , Thanos , Reed , Batman can beat pretty much anyone with the rite tools.

lol you guys should see this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6rQvxzX8LE

PREP

Galan777
lol you guys should see this

PREP Holy sh*t, thats great!

laughing laughing out loud laughing

don't shiv
magic works wonders turning superman's skeleton to kryptonite ... sweet.

breeze85
Entity, is this with or without prep? It makes a huge difference.

lando005
Originally posted by complexbrother

Superman dies worse than he did with Doomsday . i laugh every time i see this

Howard_Jones
I'd say Superman 7/10.

With preparation, Doom 6/10

Darth Vegas
W/prep: Doom wins 10/10

W/out prep: Supes wins 9/10 (the 1 win for Doom for the odd chance that he uses sorcery before Supes gets a chance to speedblitz him)

batdude123
Sure... with ONE-SIDED prep, Doom would win 10/10.

I love how everybody forgets how Superman is one of the smartest people in DC.

Anyway, no prep was given anywhere, so Superman wins.

lando005
sure sups is smart but doom is in another league

batdude123
Originally posted by lando005
sure sups is smart but doom is in another league

Doom is smarter.

He's not "in another league" as most of you would like to think.

And, Superman's brain also processes at MUCH faster rate than Doom's.

However, with two-sided prep, Doom would still take the majority, so don't get me wrong.

rotiart
Originally posted by batdude123
Sure... with ONE-SIDED prep, Doom would win 10/10.

I love how everybody forgets how Superman is one of the smartest people in DC.

Anyway, no prep was given anywhere, so Superman wins.

Forum Rules:

Prep time

Neither side receives any notable prep time before the starting bell. Neither side may take any offensive or defensive actions before the starting bell. Planning is allowed and powers that are automatic or 'always on' can be up, but actions such as setting up forcefields, taking flight, or consciously activating powers is not. For example, Batman cannot shove together an 'anti-Avengers ray' before the fight.

This means.. doom loses. sad

Darth Vegas
Yes, Supes' brain may be able to process faster than Doom, but Doom's intellect is genius level.

Granted, Supes may be able to figure out what the square root of 1,594,693,753 is more quickly than Doom, but Doom could devise ways to eliminate Superman from existance.

Doesn't matter though, because since nobody gets any prep time, Superman crushes Doom in his armor FTW.

lando005
Doom is smarter.

He's not "in another league" as most of you would like to think.

And, Superman's brain also processes at MUCH faster rate than Doom's.

However, with two-sided prep, Doom would still take the majority, so don't get me wrong. i wouldnt place him on the same level as doom maybe a level or 2 below him

NiņoAraņa

rotiart

Big Sexy
Dooms waaay smarter. Superman has problems with basic math stick out tongue http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=382350&perpage=20&highlight=&pagenumber=117

rotiart
Originally posted by Big Sexy
Dooms waaay smarter. Superman has problems with basic math stick out tongue http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=382350&perpage=20&highlight=&pagenumber=117

Taps fingers together.
"Exccceeeellleeent"

batdude123
Originally posted by Big Sexy

Pre-Crisis is noncanon.

smile

B dot Rob
Doom is a crap ass magician. The arc everyone thinks of where he's number 2 has him in a setting where most the notable magicians were doing other things.

lando005
Originally posted by B dot Rob
Doom is a crap ass magician. The arc everyone thinks of where he's number 2 has him in a setting where most the notable magicians were doing other things. nooo the reason why we say he's number 2 was because h's next in line to be earth's sorcerer supreme

Superherovandal
firstly he is not only fast but smart too. He was the son of Jor-el a supergenius kryptonian. just never uses it cause then batman would be useless and DCU would collapse. and if there is tech it would be way closer than people think. Supes has tech in his fortress that puts Doom's to shame.

B dot Rob
nooo the reason why we say he's number 2 was because h's next in line to be earth's sorcerer supreme

Poor writing and most of the Strange level magicians (ie Kulan Gath and to a lesser Baron Mordo) are evil unlike Doom's who's just Doom.

lando005
Originally posted by Superherovandal
firstly he is not only fast but smart too. He was the son of Jor-el a supergenius kryptonian. just never uses it cause then batman would be useless and DCU would collapse. and if there is tech it would be way closer than people think. Supes has tech in his fortress that puts Doom's to shame.

no expression
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...;pagenumber=117

lando005
Poor writing and most of the Strange level magicians (ie Kulan Gath and to a lesser Baron Mordo) are evil unlike Doom's who's just Doom. what makes it poor writing? and i wouldnt say doom is a good guy not even neutral

B dot Rob
What makes Doom a better magician then

Loki
Enchantress
Talisman
Kulan Gath
Baron Mordo
Morgan La Fey
Hellstrom
Lorelei
Belasco
Hell even Dr Druid?

lando005
What makes Doom a better magician then

Loki
Enchantress
Talisman
Kulan Gath
Baron Mordo
Morgan La Fey
Hellstrom
Lorelei
Belasco
Hell even Dr Druid?
i'll get back to you on that one but why even think about adding loki to that list he's a GOD far above a magician

B dot Rob
Strange is equal to Loki IMO and a Prime Ancient One should be able to curbstomp him.

lando005
loki>strange

B dot Rob
Even if Loki is a little bit better then Strange, the Ancient One (who is human) in his prime demolishes him.

lando005
Even if Loki is a little bit better then Strange, the Ancient One (who is human) in his prime demolishes him. no loki is a lot better than strange the difference in power is about as clear as it gets god to human sure strange is powerful but loki is stronger by default not to mention a lot older and wiser and more experienced and that goes for the ancient one too loki was probably born with more energy than them now imagine him getting stronger as the decades pass and add the skill and control to back it up

Entity
you guys should see this

PREP

PERFECT example of DC's incredible BS!!! LMAO

seclusion

Avalonofthewind
Giving Doom some credit, he can definitely take out Supes with prep.

Lex vs Doom would be a good battle. Lex is just as dangerous as Doom is.

grey fox
Four words

Crimson Bands of Cytorrak

batdude123
no loki is a lot better than strange the difference in power is about as clear as it gets god to human sure strange is powerful but loki is stronger by default not to mention a lot older and wiser and more experienced and that goes for the ancient one too loki was probably born with more energy than them now imagine him getting stronger as the decades pass and add the skill and control to back it up

You truly are ignorant, aren't you? sad

lando005
You truly are ignorant, aren't you? sad then y dont you show me something to prove otherwise till then gods>> human magicains

batdude123
then y dont you show me something to prove otherwise till then gods>> human magicains

Dr. Strange isn't just a "human magician."

He's better than Loki.

lando005
Dr. Strange isn't just a "human magician."

He's better than Loki. again he's still human loki is above him, strange may be of efficent level to challenge and maybe beat loki but loki is still more powerful

grey fox
again he's still human loki is above him, strange may be of efficent level to challenge and maybe beat loki but loki is still more powerful

Lando05 let me put it this way.

Shuma Gorath is a god, unlike the pansy ass loki . Within his own realm he is a non-literal step from Omnipotence.

Strange kicked his ass up and down his realm.

Just because some two-bit magic user has his own dimension does not necessarily make him a 'god' . Give me a machine gun plus a time machine and wittiness my godhood.

Soljer
Am I the only one who remembers what happened when Loki had one sided preparation and stole all of Strange's artifacts? erm.

grey fox
Originally posted by Soljer
Am I the only one who remembers what happened when Loki had one sided preparation and stole all of Strange's artifacts? erm.

Wasn't that when he took the Cloak of Levitation and looked really badass ?

batdude123
Originally posted by Soljer

Nope.

Strange STILL stalemated him.

lando005
Originally posted by grey fox
Lando05 let me put it this way.

Shuma Gorath is a god, unlike the pansy ass loki . Within his own realm he is a non-literal step from Omnipotence.

Strange kicked his ass up and down his realm.

Just because some two-bit magic user has his own dimension does not necessarily make him a 'god' . Give me a machine gun plus a time machine and wittiness my godhood. there are a lot of gods that aren't really "gods" in comics however i wouldn't call either of them 2 bit magic users what i'm saying is loki as an asgardian can generate more power than strange could i know strange kicks the crap out of entities at loki's level but they were still more powerful than he was. am i saying better than strange? no but more powerful? as in can do the exact same spell as strange only at a higher level, yes

grey fox
there are a lot of gods that aren't really "gods" in comics however i wouldn't call either of them 2 bit magic users what i'm saying is loki as an asgardian can generate more power than strange could i know strange kicks the crap out of entities at loki's level but they were still more powerful than he was. am i saying better than strange? no but more powerful? as in can do the exact same spell as strange only at a higher level, yes

Loki isn't an Asgardian.

He's a Frost Giant.

batdude123
there are a lot of gods that aren't really "gods" in comics however i wouldn't call either of them 2 bit magic users what i'm saying is loki as an asgardian can generate more power than strange could i know strange kicks the crap out of entities at loki's level but they were still more powerful than he was. am i saying better than strange? no but more powerful? as in can do the exact same spell as strange only at a higher level, yes

Loki isn't an Asgardian. He was a frost giant, and they all made fun of him because of his size. When Odin wiped them clean, he took Loki to be his adopted son.

And your statements about Loki being more powerful than Strange is just unsupported nonsense. Tell me... when was the last time Loki blew up an entire universe like Strange has?

rotiart
Personally Dr. Strange without prep would get hurt by a guy like Shuma Gorath in his own realm.. Problem is that Dr. STrange is always prepped and ready for a fight nowadays. In pure power, I'd give it to Loki, but Strange has better artifacts, and though his average power might be below Loki, he can tap into powers that'll put him up above loki.

When Strange beat Adam Warlock, he brought ALL of his artifacts with him.
Strange tends to use items such as his eye of agamotto, wand of watomb, etc... rather than just spells, as these items are artifacts with access to power greater than Strange on his own.
Or he'll ask entities for help...

Ie. Strange vs. Inbetweener. Chaos and Order wanted IB put down, and when the time came, they gave strange the power to do it.

If the other "gods" told Strange to screw off. He'd be a dead man.

batdude123
Originally posted by rotiart
Personally Dr. Strange without prep would get hurt by a guy like Shuma Gorath in his own realm.. Problem is that Dr. STrange is always prepped and ready for a fight nowadays. In pure power, I'd give it to Loki, but Strange has better artifacts, and though his average power might be below Loki, he can tap into powers that'll put him up above loki.

Strange tends to use items such as his eye of agamotto, wand of watomb, etc... rather than just spells, as these items are artifacts with access to power greater than Strange on his own.

Ie. Strange vs. Inbetweener. Chaos and Order wanted IB put down, and when the time came, they gave strange the power to do it.

Strange uttered a simple spell that allowed him to control Mjolnir.

OneDumbG0
Bump. The other Dr. Doom vs. Superman threads had scenarios and restrictions. This one doesn't. Discuss!

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by rotiart

The only prep Strange had for Shuma, was that he had just run through all of Shuma's minions and chomped their power. And it was still nothing compared to Shuma-Gorath. Strange outright jacked all of Shuma's power and ended up having to nuke his own soul in order to beat him.

And Strange was still learning the biz when Loki beat his ass. Strange at his height was almost unbeatable in magic.

Strange is formidable even without divine support. He has several schools of magic non-reliant on deities.

Dark-Jaxx
Superman hits him with t3h Anti-Doom Vision.

~The Wickerman~
Originally posted by grey fox
Four words

Crimson Bands of Cytorrak

Gladiator just flexed his muscles and broke them. Superman would probably just exhale and break them erm

Mindset
Originally posted by ~The Wickerman~
Gladiator just flexed his muscles and broke them. Superman would probably just exhale and break them erm

scans?

Nihilist
recantly a superskrull broke the bands fairly easily.

Mindset
Originally posted by Nihilist
recantly a superskrull broke the bands fairly easily.

It depends on the caster how strong they are.

Nihilist
Originally posted by Mindset
It depends on the caster how strong they are.

dr strange cast the spell.

Mindset
Originally posted by Nihilist
dr strange cast the spell.

Well he's been a ***** for the past couple years so

janus77
Doom should win this in a stomp.
Superman's got obvious, exploitable weaknesses...

Doom is like Luthor with more brains, knowledge, physical and technological competence, arcane knowledge and resolve.

there's no way Doom would not be prepared for Superman, his normal armour/suit is good enough to analyse Superman whilst protecting Doom from much of Superman's onslaught, given Doom enough time to figure out a way to destroy Superman.

Doom 10/10 yes

Superherovandal
Doom could win with prep but without it he'd be owned in a split second.

OneDumbG0
Gladiator just flexed his muscles and broke them. Superman would probably just exhale and break them erm I've never seen Gladiator break the Crimson Bands. And... magic?
Originally posted by Superherovandal
Doom could win with prep but without it he'd be owned in a split second. Funny. I haven't seen Superman take out a foe armored and protected by Doom in a split second. Like. Ever.

Bouboumaster
Originally posted by Avlon
Giving Doom some credit, he can definitely take out Supes with prep.

Lex vs Doom would be a good battle. Lex is just as dangerous as Doom is.

Lol.
Doom would beat Lex silly 10/10.

He take Sups 10/10 with prep.
He take him 6/10 without, thanks to magic.

basil5002
superman only died once and then they made superman returns

Superherovandal
Supes has faced magical people and beaten them before. I mean he has faced etrigan and faced a magic punch that knocked him to china and was unaffected. So magic doesn't mean insta-lose for him. He'd be able to speedblitz Doom easily.

Allankles
Originally posted by janus77
Doom should win this in a stomp.
Superman's got obvious, exploitable weaknesses...

Doom is like Luthor with more brains, knowledge, physical and technological competence, arcane knowledge and resolve.

I wouldn't say Doom is smarter than Lex, certainly not when it comes to strategic/tactical planning. Doom is more powerful, and technological he's more equipped overall, but generally Luthor is a better strategist and tactician he just doesn't get to make Galactus power-stealing-equipment and other dues ex machina devices. Lex is also more resourceful imo, makes more with less.

ultimatethor
Originally posted by Allankles
I wouldn't say Doom is smarter than Lex, certainly not when it comes to strategic/tactical planning. Doom is more powerful, and technological he's more equipped overall, but generally Luthor is a better strategist and tactician he just doesn't get to make Galactus power-stealing-equipment and other dues ex machina devices. Lex is also more resourceful imo, makes more with less.

When it comes to brains doom>>>>>lex any day.

Allankles
Originally posted by ultimatethor
When it comes to brains doom>>>>>lex any day.

Technologically, given what he's been written to create, but when it comes to tactics and strategy? Doom isn't as good as Lex. As I said Doom and guys like Reed have the obvious edge in science, building and creating more exotic devices, Lex's constructions are less grandiose, but he beats Doom in the strategy department and resourcefulness.

Erik-Lensherr
Superman.

janus77
Technologically, given what he's been written to create, but when it comes to tactics and strategy? Doom isn't as good as Lex. As I said Doom and guys like Reed have the obvious edge in science, building and creating more exotic devices, Lex's constructions are less grandiose, but he beats Doom in the strategy department and resourcefulness.
what's there to judge their tactical/strategic performances apart from their "feats" over bewilderingly superior opponents?

Doom can do anything he wants, he's obtained ultimate power (or close enough) several times. Lex is just a minor annoyance to Superman. if it were Batman instead of Superman, then he would have Lex locked up in Arkhem.

horrorwolf
Originally posted by Galan007
Without Prep yes

With Prep no

OneDumbG0
Technologically, given what he's been written to create, but when it comes to tactics and strategy? Doom isn't as good as Lex. As I said Doom and guys like Reed have the obvious edge in science, building and creating more exotic devices, Lex's constructions are less grandiose, but he beats Doom in the strategy department and resourcefulness. Bah humbug. Lex has got nothing on Doom's strategy and resourcefulness.

Allankles
Originally posted by janus77
what's there to judge their tactical/strategic performances apart from their "feats" over bewilderingly superior opponents?

Doom can do anything he wants, he's obtained ultimate power (or close enough) several times. Lex is just a minor annoyance to Superman. if it were Batman instead of Superman, then he would have Lex locked up in Arkhem.

Doom is a walking plot device, but that's not what I was debating. Strategically and tactically Lex is above Doom. He doesn't have the benefit of uber artifacts and devices (although he has used some and created some of his own) so he's written to rely on his cunning and strategic planning more heavily than Doom who is far more straight foward albeit scientifically above Lex.

Allankles
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
Bah humbug. Lex has got nothing on Doom's strategy and resourcefulness.

Wrong. Lex is the MacGyver of the comics. He could make an interdimensional portal with a laundry machine. stick out tongue

But seriously Lex is extremely resourceful he has come up with some crazy inventions using regular equipment around him. And strategy? That's all Lex is about, he doesn't have the benefit of deus ex machinas so he relies more heavily on stratregy and tactics than Doom.

OneDumbG0
^ I still disagree. Lex's Alliance in 'Our Worlds At War' got punked by Imperiex and Braniac-13. Superman had to come up with a plan to end the war. Lex became a virtual non-factor in 'Infinite Crisis.' The only thing he did other than goading Joker into murdering Alex was giving Superboy the location of the Anti-Monitor tower. He barely even put a dent into Alex's Secret Society with his own team in 'Villains United.' Other than becoming President of the US, which he eventually screwed up anyway, Lex has done nothing that tops Doom's strategies and machinations.

Dr. Doom saved his mother's soul by outsmarting Mephisto, Dr. Strange and his mother herself. In 'Triumph And Torment,' Doom fakes betraying Dr. Strange and offers him to Mephisto for his mother's soul. Because of this, she rejected him and forsook him forever choosing damnation because he knew his mother's soul was good. Just when it appeared that Mephisto had all three of them, Doom's device freed a surprised Dr. Strange and they used her act of redemption to flood Mephisto's mind with divine light. Mephisto freed them all because he couldn't take it. Doom lost his mother's love to save her soul.

Doom punked Galactus out of his Worldship energies and subsequently punked Beyonder out of his energies. Doom also took over Marvel Earth by utilizing Purple Man. One of his nastier plans occurred in 'Unthinkable.' Doom saved Valeria Richards at childbirth. Unbeknownst to Reed and Sue, he enchanted her into his familiar, used her to banish Franklin Richards to Hell and beat the Fantastic Four with his insane skin armor. At the end of the struggle, Thing actually died and the FF had to retrieve his soul.

Mindset
Strategically and tactically Lex is above Doom.

You want to actually back this up with something?

spetznaz
As people said ....with prep Doom is one of several people that you do not want gunning for you. He is someone you can never really write off, because just when you think you have defeated him you get punked (kind of like how Batman punked some sorceress in Obsidian Age, even though he had been dead for 3,000 years and was in spirit form).

Thus, if Doom has prep (and having Doom face Superman without prep is simply unfair, although it could be said that giving Doom prep is also unfair .....either way it is unfair) Superman can be killed.

Without prep, Doom dies in a micro-second tenor time-reference.

occultdestroyer
What Superman are we talking about here?
If it's Superman Prime, he wins with or without prep.

janus77
no, nobody wins against a prep'd Doom.

Beyonder/Galactus >>>>>> SMP, yet Doom got one over on both.

millenium02
Originally posted by complexbrother

Superman dies worse than he did with Doomsday .

why would doom kill him if doom CAN use him as he's lacky.. hmm... w/out prep time.. doom will just use mind swap... end of story

millenium02
doom can kill superman in a thousand ways no one can imagine.. w/ out the use of kryptonite... he doesn't need kryptonite to kick superman's butt..

millenium02
if supermman prime (yep i know what u mean).. very much.. but its still LOL.. for no power can equal doom and doom yeilds to no one... NO ONE..

millenium02
w/ out prep time... doom can turn himself etherial (like ur hitting air or haulogram).. then seeing superman as a VERY POTENTIAL THREAT, doom just mind swap superman.. doom deactivates his armor first.. LOL.. its not the power of a person.. its what a person's capable of.. hehe

millenium02
if superman prime or just any version of superman can face GALACTUS, SILVER SURFER, SENTRY, ANNIHILUS, "THE BEYONDER", DARKSEID.. ETC.. then this fight will be interesting.. if galactus shows up.. everybody has a very big problem... dr.doom will just take some popcorns and see what galactus's face look like (ow gees, he's pissing his pants)...

OneDumbG0
^ Be careful. Some people would construe multiple posts as spamming. You're new, so I doubt people will make a fuss, but it's generally polite to not post multiple times when you could have just post everything you said in one single post.

millenium02
doom would kill superman in a thousand ways... even superman prime (i know that version)... question is will doom KILL superman OR will he USED him as a WEAPON...

millenium02
if no prep time... doom would just magically turn himslef into etherial form.. superman might withstand magic but can he withstand dooms mind swaping abilities?? no prep time... quicky fight...

Juk3n
Doom has human reflexes, 'go' sounds and his brain says - "a spell, go"
and before the spell is activated, he is speedblitzed.

Anyone fighting supes without prep will be privy to a little lightspeed BFT.

Doom is mushy pulp.

Mindset
Originally posted by Juk3n
Doom has human reflexes

I'm gonna have to disagree with that.

Juk3n
I'm gonna have to disagree with that.

okay, Doom has superhuman reflexes, and can activate a thought and a spell faster than it would take a lightspeed battering ram to travel. .5km

Mindset
Originally posted by Juk3n
okay, Doom has superhuman reflexes, and can activate a thought and a spell faster than it would take a lightspeed battering ram to travel. .5km

Yea, because obviously the only two options are that he has human reflexes or faster than lightspeed reflexes.

Juk3n
Yea, because obviously the only two options are that he has human reflexes or faster than lightspeed reflexes.

okay, he has faster reflexes than a regular human, but not fast enough to make the transition from thought to actual spell before the lightspeed battering ram travels .5km.

janus77
can't Doom's forcefields stand up to Superman's onslaught for even a minute?

I'm sure I've seen them do some pretty impressive stuff.

the they hold up, I think Doom could use magic, could use radiation blasts in the K-frequency, could use all sorts of offensive attacks to weaken Superman/buy time for a proper plan.

Mindset
Dooms armor alone has held up to a blast from Thanos with a depowered IG.

Soljer
Dooms armor alone has held up to a blast from Thanos with a depowered IG.

And were treated like tissue paper by the Sentry.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.