Review from someone who just saw SW 1-6 for the 1st time

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

OB1-adobe
Heres the link: http://www.ew.com/ew/report/0,6115,1558880_1_0_,00.html

I guess this guy had never seen it, and his job wanted him to watch all 6 on cinemax to write a review.

Captain REX
Heh, that was an interesting read. That's OB1.

queeq
INteresting indeed.

Captain REX
Star Wars stole his virginity, after all. That has to be an interesting read.

queeq
It's allright. Kinda interesting that he finds it seamless but that the scripts of the OT are a lot better.

Tangible God
Lol, Jamaician Elmo.

PVS
very vague...i mean he gives a brief opinion on ep1 and just blows right past ep2 and 3 without a word. i was hoping for something more detailed

queeq
He hardly comments on the OT as well... well, not specifically.

((The_Anomaly))
All he says of note is that the scrips are stronger in the OT (duh) and that he missed the larger scope of the PT in the OT, says the OT wasn't as expansive and epic feeling as the PT was.

queeq
Which is true but storywise correct IMO. The rebels have to flee to the non-Empire backwater areas. I like that actually. Can't have a rebellion in vast cityscapes...

amity75
Hmmm I'm doubting the validity of this review.

queeq
Why?

amity75
I just find it hard to believe that there's people over a certain age who haven't seen a star wars movie all the way through.

vintageSW77
My cousins 34 yr old BF has never seen a full SW movie...hes aware of who Luke and Vader are because of his age and being around in the 80s but he didnt know Luke was Vaders son.

queeq
I know plenty of peeps who never saw any film.

Tangible God
I know 7 people who haven't seen Star Wars.

sithsaber408
Yes, but not many that would watch the saga "fresh" and mention at the start of it that they'd heard about Jar Jar binks sucking, or how the originals were spoiled by watching them in order.

Everything he says reeks of having hung out on SW boards for an extended period of time.

He presented all of the "you can't watch them in order or you won't understand what the Force is" rhetoric.

A person who is a true virgin in SW would have talked more about the plot, would have more questions as to the why's of things.

I didn't take this as a slam on the prequels at all, it just seemed like he touched on most of the topics that have been discussed in the SW forums for years now.

I just think the chances of him addressing as much of that stuff as he did on his own without any prior acclimation is fairly remote.

amity75
Originally posted by sithsaber408
Yes, but not many that would watch the saga "fresh" and mention at the start of it that they'd heard about Jar Jar binks sucking, or how the originals were spoiled by watching them in order.

Everything he says reeks of having hung out on SW boards for an extended period of time.

He presented all of the "you can't watch them in order or you won't understand what the Force is" rhetoric.

A person who is a true virgin in SW would have talked more about the plot, would have more questions as to the why's of things.

I didn't take this as a slam on the prequels at all, it just seemed like he touched on most of the topics that have been discussed in the SW forums for years now.

I just think the chances of him addressing as much of that stuff as he did on his own without any prior acclimation is fairly remote. My thoughts exactly.

queeq
I don't know...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.