Flash vs Storm

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

xmarksthespot
Storm gets to initiate one lightning bolt before he's allowed to perform any offensive or defensive action i.e. as soon as the thought process to manifest the lightning bolt is complete Flash can move. Flash isn't allowed to heal.

Who dies?

Validus
Racist thread

bigbran
Originally posted by Validus
Racist thread I keep thinking that that is Hitler in your sig...

Metalmanx
We do. sad

Validus
Originally posted by bigbran
I keep thinking that that is Hitler in your sig...
I can confirm that as a possibility.

xmarksthespot

Validus

rotiart
A lightning bolt travels at 1/3 the speed of light... Depending on Flashes distance to storm, or the arc the bolt has to travel... odds are in flashes favor he outpaces the bolt... and proceeds to pummel the stuffing out of the Wakandian Queen.

ExtraMision5555
storm is forced to endure a few rounds off, "turbosex"

King Kandy
Flash, of course. He's can beat Eternity!

xmarksthespot
You're setting up the black woman for a loss. You're reported. According to some she wins quite handily. Her lightning bolts are instant. Instant, people.

ExtraMision5555
You're setting up the black woman for a loss. You're reported. laughing laughing laughing

What If...
What is with you and your wierd spite threads?

rotiart
I don't know, but I like it, Storm beating cyclops to become leader of the xmen was piss poor writing!

Turbosex it is!

ExtraMision5555
Originally posted by rotiart

Turbosex it is!

thumb up
laughing
this man has the right idea

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by What If...
What is with you and your wierd spite threads? Flash has a handicap. I welcome justification and/or argument for either side winning.

King Kandy
Hello? Flash will just run faster then the speedforce, and implode the universe!

Brian Oswald
Originally posted by What If...
What is with you and your wierd spite threads?
I think its called proving a point, but i could be wrong

The Weather God
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
Storm gets to initiate one lightning bolt before he's allowed to perform any offensive or defensive action i.e. as soon as the thought process to manifest the lightning bolt is complete Flash can move. Flash isn't allowed to heal.

Who dies?

This is a pointless thread, can't flash run 4 to 5 times the speed of light? He also thinks alot faster then storm and therefor he can defeat her at the very sound of the bell ring. If this was made for the jean vs storm thread then flash can easly own jean just as easly.

Originally posted by Brian Oswald
I think its called proving a point, but i could be wrong

What point flash can move and think alot faster then jean and storm can so i see no point?

xmarksthespot
Flash cannot move until Storm has completed her "create lightning bolt to zap Flash" thoughts regardless of how fast he thinks or moves. Only after can he do anything.

Without a handicap, Flash kills any telepath. But in this same scenario. If a telepath or telekinetic is allowed to complete the thought of their power before Flash is allowed any action... it would have a very different outcome.

rotiart
Flash cannot move until Storm has completed her "create lightning bolt to zap Flash" thoughts regardless of how fast he thinks or moves. Only after can he do anything.

Without a handicap, Flash kills any telepath. But in this same scenario. If a telepath or telekinetic is allowed to complete the thought of their power before Flash is allowed any action... it would have a very different outcome.

Is the bolt from the sky? her hands? how far from the starting distance of the bolt til it reaches Flash... Cause to him time goes in slow motion if he's ready for it. The very instant the fight starts... flash takes off at his fastest speed in a random direction... no matter where he goes... he'll go fast enough to dodge the bolt before it hits. unless the bolt starts at his chest or something wierd like that...

Soljer

Indeed.

With these restrictions, Flash murders Storm.

Within the same restrictions, Flash may get mindraped by a suitable telepath.

Metalmanx
Originally posted by Soljer
Indeed.

yes

The Weather God
Indeed.

I don't even think a telepath can link to him if he's running super lightspeed fast.

Soljer
Originally posted by The Weather God
I don't even think a telepath can link to him if he's running super lightspeed fast.

Are you illiterate? Mentally handicapped? Incapable of cognition?

Under these restrictions, the Flash is standing still and not moving TILL the first action is completed.

The Weather God

well if storm can strike herself with lightning first then maybe she can create some sort of electrical field to shield herself from any of his attacks. He'll get shocked if he'd try to punch her and then he'd be stunn, and then she could fry him. I doubt that would work.

Soljer
well if storm can strike herself with lightning first then maybe she can create some sort of electrical field to shield herself from any of his attacks. He'll get shocked if he'd try to punch her and then he'd be stunn, and then she could fry him. I doubt that would work.

laughing

Cause he couldn't tag her before the lightning struck her?

The Weather God
Are you illiterate? Mentally handicapped? Incapable of cognition?

Under these restrictions, the Flash is standing still and not moving TILL the first action is completed.

No i'm not illiterate smartass i just seen that xmarksthespot said storm gets an attack first.

What If...
Yeah....you're wrong. sad

The Weather God
laughing

Cause he couldn't tag her before the lightning struck her?

Well when lightning strikes it sends an electrical wave that can stunn anyone in a certin distance, and i mean the powerful lightning bolts. But flash can just find a nife and throw it at her, it's not even a fare match really. Storm loses 10/10 for being too slow.

Soljer
Well when lightning strikes it sends an electrical wave that can stunn anyone in a certin distance, and i mean the powerful lightning bolts. But flash can just find a nife and throw it at her, it's not even a fare match really. Storm loses 10/10 for being too slow.

No, you see, Storm gets a head start.

She doesn't lose here for being too slow herself, but because her powers have LAG.

They don't function instantaneously.

A sufficiently powerful telepath, when given the same opportunities, would be able to take the Flash, because telepathy lacks LAG.

Get it? X doesn't make spite threads - X makes threads to make a point that wouldn't be able to be made otherwise.

The Weather God
No, you see, Storm gets a head start.

She doesn't lose here for being too slow herself, but because her powers have LAG.

They don't function instantaneously.

A sufficiently powerful telepath, when given the same opportunities, would be able to take the Flash, because telepathy lacks LAG.

Get it? X doesn't make spite threads - X makes threads to make a point that wouldn't be able to be made otherwise.

Actually her power doesn't have a lag, her power does work instantly, if you would have a look at the other thread you would see that she can use her power in a split second(which also mean instantly) if storm get's the first hit then flash is fried like a half baked turkey.

Edit well actually no because he moves faster then instantly so that tecnecally doesn't mean her powers have a lag, maybe in a match against him. But not in a match against jean grey.

Metalmanx
...Arg. No offense...well, a little bit...but you are dumb.

Either you don't know a damn thing about Flash, a damn thing about Jean, and/or not enough about Storm.

Or, you're just too stubborn to realize you're wrong and concede.

What's it gonna be?

long pig
If Flash isn't allowed some running time, he won't be dodging lightning.

I remember him saying he's unable to reach the sound barrier if he only has a few feet to gain momentum.

RisingStorm
In what point, for The Weather God's defense, Storm do can create weather phenomenas in split seconds.

That's all I will say.

The Weather God
Originally posted by Metalmanx

Either you don't know a damn thing about Flash, a damn thing about Jean, and/or not enough about Storm.

What's it gonna be?

Who the hell do you think you are calling someone dumb.

Edit nevermind i thought it was someone else

long pig
Dude, she loses like the ***** she is, but I stand by my previous statement.

long pig
Who the hell do you think you are calling someone dumb.

Edit nevermind i thought it was someone else
Calm down, spaz.

big grin

The Weather God
Originally posted by long pig
Calm down, spaz.

big grin

Well nevermind now but these insults are becoming quite annoying.

Metalmanx
Who the hell do you think you are calling someone dumb. Are you too dam dumb that you don't know how fast flash can run, of course he beats storm, does it take a god dam retard like you to run and make a completly and totally pointless topic about something i'm sure you already know. What the hell is the point of making a thread you already know the god dam anwser to. The next time you think about calling someone dumb, you need to turn around and look in the dam mirror.

First off. I apologize. I'm taking out my anger from my incomplete homework on you. So, I'm sorry about that, shouldn't have done it.

Secondly. However, I did not make this thread. Yes, I did know the winner of it though. Because it's common sense. Standing still after the lightning bolt has been conjured, Flash can STILL easily evade the bolt and kill Storm before the bolt even hits the ground. However, given the same parameters against a telepath of high enough calibur, Flash would go down.

So, let's think about this logically, shall we?

Split second = (Oh, I dunno..., I'll give Storm the benefit of the doubt) 0.5 seconds maybe?
Instantaneous = 0.0 seconds. <--This means it happens as it's thought.

See, in Storm's case, she thinks the attack, and then it happens. However, for Jean, all she has to do is think it. Her thoughts = attack/action. They just occur faster than Storm can produce any sort of attack.

It's just the universal fact of being a telepath/telekinetic. Yes, Storm is a off-branch of telekinetics, but not a TRUE telekinetic.

Not that it would ever be an issue, but Jean's shields could easily withstand Storm's lightning, or even a large storm. Storm, however, cannot withstand at all any sort of telepathic/telekinetic attack meant for her death.

The Weather God

What's it gonna be?

I'm going to take this over in a calm manner. First what the hell are you talking about in the first place, diden't i say storm loses? Is that not enough? I said storm loses plain and simple because she is too slow(flash moves faster then instantly), how am i dumb for saying that, or are you saying i'm dumb because storm can beat flash? I think your are really just trying to annoy me because that statment was completly pointless and uncalled for.

The Weather God
First off. I apologize. I'm taking out my anger from my incomplete homework on you. So, I'm sorry about that, shouldn't have done it.

Secondly. However, I did not make this thread. Yes, I did know the winner of it though. Because it's common sense. Standing still after the lightning bolt has been conjured, Flash can STILL easily evade the bolt and kill Storm before the bolt even hits the ground. However, given the same parameters against a telepath of high enough calibur, Flash would go down.

So, let's think about this logically, shall we?

Split second = (Oh, I dunno..., I'll give Storm the benefit of the doubt) 0.5 seconds maybe?
Instantaneous = 0.0 seconds. <--This means it happens as it's thought.

See, in Storm's case, she thinks the attack, and then it happens. However, for Jean, all she has to do is think it. Her thoughts = attack/action. They just occur faster than Storm can produce any sort of attack.

It's just the universal fact of being a telepath/telekinetic. Yes, Storm is a off-branch of telekinetics, but not a TRUE telekinetic.

Not that it would ever be an issue, but Jean's shields could easily withstand Storm's lightning, or even a large storm. Storm, however, cannot withstand at all any sort of telepathic/telekinetic attack meant for her death.

split second

A very short time (as the time it takes the eye blink or the heart to beat); "if I had the chance I'd do it in a flash" instant, jiffy, trice, twinkling, wink, New York minute]

That is indeed instantly with no lag, how am i dumb when the definition is sitting right in the dictionary as fact.

Now that storm and jean's powers work instantly, that mean's both shall strike at the exact same time, what will hit first? A mind bolt or a lightning bolt? Light travels faster then the mind so the lightning shall be the victor, But this is reality science and not comic science. What happens if the mental bolt and the lightning bolt strike at the same time? Double K.O Which was the point of what HOF was talking about.

DarkCrawler
Who said that Jean is going to launch an mind bolt? That takes more time.

But when she thinks that she is snapping someone's neck, the neck snaps at the EXACT moment she thinks so. When Storm thinks that she shoots the lightning, lightning appears AFTER she thinks so. It appears fast, yes, but still after the thought.

It's simple logic. Comic book world, real world, Jean is faster nonetheless.

The Weather God
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
Who said that Jean is going to launch an mind bolt? That takes more time.

But when she thinks that she is snapping someone's neck, the neck snaps at the EXACT moment she thinks so. When Storm thinks that she shoots the lightning, lightning appears AFTER she thinks so. It appears fast, yes, but still after the thought.

It's simple logic. Comic book world, real world, Jean is faster nonetheless.

It's going to at least take an instant to snap storm's kneck and by then storm would have a lightning bolt sailing straight for her, making it a double K.O. like HOF said. Do keep in mind that lightning is quicker then thought so pretty much the lightning is sitting on her when she thinks of it, in which take no time at all, it will be a close match and i beileve it's a 50/50 chance for both ladies.

xmarksthespot
That dictionary definition refers to instant n. not instant adj. or adv.... inability to comprehend a dictionary definition vindicates Metalmanx's earlier comment.

long pig
Well nevermind now but these insults are becoming quite annoying.
Eh, that's just how Metal is. He's cool as hell, he just talks a lot of shit. I always just make fun of his mom and shit and he'll calm down.

long pig
That dictionary definition refers to instant n. not instant adj. or adv.... inability to comprehend a dictionary definition vindicates Metalmanx's earlier comment.
Copy and pasting son of a *****!

The Weather God

Why do you keep trying to argue about this.

Metalmanx
Eh, that's just how Metal is. He's cool as hell, he just talks a lot of shit. I always just make fun of his mom and shit and he'll calm down.

...Eh? Lost me there, long pig.

stick out tongue

xmarksthespot
Copy and pasting son of a *****! What you gonna do about it piggy... evil faceOriginally posted by The Weather God
Why do you keep trying to argue about this. That's not a definition of the idiom "split second" now is it? smile

"flash, heartbeat, instant, jiffy, split second, trice, twinkling, wink, New York minute" all nouns and non-literal idioms. Storm generates lightning jiffily. Woopdeedoo.

Metalmanx
Why do you keep trying to argue about this.

You don't see it yet?

You're confusing "instant" (adjective/adverb) with "instant" (noun). While you may believe they're the same, they are not.

That's what X is pointing out to you.

The Weather God
flash, heartbeat, instant, jiffy, split second, trice, twinkling, wink, New York minute" all nouns and non-literal idioms. Storm generates lightning jiffily. Woopdeedoo.

But how do we know if that's what the comic book was talking about when they said split second and blink of an eye

n : a very short time (as the time it takes the eye blink or the heart to beat); "if I had the chance I'd do it in a flash"

The comic scans say split second and blink of an eye without the noun, and it would have to be in a split second when your in a car explosion and have wind lift you out during that time the car explodes and moved to safty.

long pig
Ok, since we're doing spelling stuff: In all seriousness, when the hell are you supposed to use ";" at in a sentence?

Also, how do I stop my sentences from running? A trip wire? ZING! Nah, serious.

The Weather God
Without the noun

Metalmanx
But how do we know if that's what the comic book was talking about when they said split second and blink of an eye

n : a very short time (as the time it takes the eye blink or the heart to beat); "if I had the chance I'd do it in a flash"

The comic scans say split second and blink of an eye without the noun, and it would have to be in a split second when your in a car explosion and have wind lift you out during that time.

You mean that scan where Storm is hovering over a car's flames? Sure seemed to linger there for awhile, for having such an instant connection with the weather. She was there long enough to be hurt and highly uncomfortable, which means her powers are not instant. For if they were, she wouldn't have even been in that situation long enough to feel the burn.

By the way, you forget to take into account that when Storm produces offensive weather effects, she must first produce the appropriate weather. I can't think of any time in a comic when Storm needs lightning that she doesn't produce the necessary black storm cloud first. She creates and manipulates weather, but can't do anything that the planet can't handle. Thus, she cannot produce a lightning bolt from a regular, sunny day cloud. So, in order for her to have a lightning bolt ready to attack Jean, she would require unfairly-advantaged prep time.

However, she can discharge lightning from her hands whenever she wants. But we're not talking about that kind of lightning.

Metalmanx
Without the noun

...Huh?

Those were the noun definitions you just gave. What the f**k?

The Weather God
...Huh?

Those were the noun definitions you just gave. What the f**k?

Nope those are different ones

xmarksthespot
Ok, since we're doing spelling stuff: In all seriousness, when the hell are you supposed to use ";" at in a sentence?

Also, how do I stop my sentences from running? A trip wire? ZING! Nah, serious. The semicolon is close to a full stop, but not quite.

long pig
The semicolon is close to a full stop, but not quite.

So, it's something but not really?
Oh, great help.
-stabs you-

xmarksthespot
You mean that scan where Storm is hovering over a car's flames? Sure seemed to linger there for awhile, for having such an instant connection with the weather. She was there long enough to be hurt and highly uncomfortable, which means her powers are not instant. For if they were, she wouldn't have even been in that situation long enough to feel the burn. Additionally that was Emma's telepathy trained mind inside Storm's body. Telepaths think faster. They can learn lifetimes' worth of knowledge in literal minutes and seconds.

xmarksthespot
So, it's something but not really?
Oh, great help.
-stabs you- You cannot stab me through the internet";" the internet is not tangible. Que pasa?

Metalmanx
Nope those are different ones

No no. I mean, you just gave me definitions of the noun version of "instant". This concept is not that hard to understand.

The Weather God
You mean that scan where Storm is hovering over a car's flames? Sure seemed to linger there for awhile, for having such an instant connection with the weather. She was there long enough to be hurt and highly uncomfortable, which means her powers are not instant. For if they were, she wouldn't have even been in that situation long enough to feel the burn.
She was burning indeed but she wasen't thinking of calling the weather at that time. When she did think of it the wind came and got her out in a split second of time instantly.

By the way, you forget to take into account that when Storm produces offensive weather effects, she must first produce the appropriate weather. I can't think of any time in a comic when Storm needs lightning that she doesn't produce the necessary black storm cloud first. She creates and manipulates weather, but can't do anything that the planet can't handle. Thus, she cannot produce a lightning bolt from a regular, sunny day cloud. So, in order for her to have a lightning bolt ready to attack Jean, she would require unfairly-advantaged prep time.

However, she can discharge lightning from her hands whenever she wants. But we're not talking about that kind of lightning.

Storm can call lightning from clear skys with the black clouds coming rapidly behind, i don't have the scan for this but she's done this very thing before. Also storm being able to shoot lightning from her hands proves enough for me.

Storm calls a massive full fledge thunderstorm in a blink of an eye,(it also say's before anyone present can react)
http://img66.imageshack.us/img66/5886/undergroundmosoon6lj.th.jpg
Half second/split second
http://img484.imageshack.us/img484/4787/splitsecondreactionqa8.th.jpg
Blink of an eye
http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/5226/uxman308jq3.th.jpg

The Weather God
No no. I mean, you just gave me definitions of the noun version of "instant". This concept is not that hard to understand.

That was the definition to split second not instant.

The Weather God
Additionally that was Emma's telepathy trained mind inside Storm's body. Telepaths think faster. They can learn lifetimes' worth of knowledge in literal minutes and seconds.

She was sitting in the flames burning alive, what do you mean think faster? That was a basic wind manipulation of the weather not telepathy, how does emma being in her body make a difference in that?

DarkCrawler
It's going to at least take an instant to snap storm's kneck and by then storm would have a lightning bolt sailing straight for her, making it a double K.O. like HOF said. Do keep in mind that lightning is quicker then thought so pretty much the lightning is sitting on her when she thinks of it, in which take no time at all, it will be a close match and i beileve it's a 50/50 chance for both ladies.

Okay, I am going to explain this as simply as I can.

Lets say that thought = 1. Lighting is 1/2 (half).

Jean only needs thought. Thought is 1.

Storm needs thought, which is 1. But, she also needs lightning after the thought, which is 1 + 1/2.

1+ 1/2 is longer then 1.

Thus, Jean is faster.

And in those pictures of yours, she did the thought in split second. The summoning in split second. But it stated nothing about the appearing of the things she summoned.

long pig
You cannot stab me through the internet";" the internet is not tangible. Que pasa?
I think I understand; but maybe not.

2damnloud
Storm wins because a lighning bolt is not the only thing she has in her arsenal.

If she can make the first move, she could ionize the atmosphere and electrocute flash when he makes his move simply by thinking it, or she can munipulate the air some kind of way. I mean flash still has to operate within the confines of the earth's atmosphere no matter how fast he's going.

Swanky-Tuna
You mean sufficate him? He doesn't seem to breath normally when speeding.

Juntai

Who dies? Flash ftw.
Dodges the lightning and hits her with a rock.

Juntai
Originally posted by 2damnloud
Storm wins because a lighning bolt is not the only thing she has in her arsenal.

If she can make the first move, she could ionize the atmosphere and electrocute flash when he makes his move simply by thinking it, or she can munipulate the air some kind of way. I mean flash still has to operate within the confines of the earth's atmosphere no matter how fast he's going. Read the thread starter's post again.

complexbrother
If the Weather Wizard can win half the time I don't see why she can't take a larger majority.

DarkCrawler
Because it's a known fact that Flash jobs against 99% of the enemies he fights?

2damnloud
Originally posted by Juntai
Read the thread starter's post again.

She'd still win.

The initiation of the lightining bolt is the ionization of the air.

The threadstarter didn't also specify if she couldn't be airborn while doing this.

She would have to use her powers in a smarter way, and that means not directing her energies directly AT flash, rather, messing with the atmosphere that Flash is IN.

Someone tell me flash can "outrun THE AIR" roll eyes (sarcastic) laughing rolling on floor laughing

There's always a way to beat somone in the comics.

The threadstarter obviously set the perameters for Flash to "win", which is not fair.

What he/she should've said was "Storm can initiate whatever attack she wants....."

Soljer
She'd still win.

The initiation of the lightining bolt is the ionization of the air.

The threadstarter didn't also specify if she couldn't be airborn while doing this.

She would have to use her powers in a smarter way, and that means not directing her energies directly AT flash, rather, messing with the atmosphere that Flash is IN.

Someone tell me flash can "outrun THE AIR" roll eyes (sarcastic) laughing out loud rolling on floor laughing

There's always a way to beat somone in the comics.

The threadstarter obviously set the perameters for Flash to "win", which is not fair.

What he/she should've said was "Storm can initiate whatever attack she wants....."

She can. It doesn't matter. The original poster said she could complete the thought to initiate an attack before the Flash could move.

Even with Storm in the air, it'll take time for the air to ionize. Plenty of time for the flash to chunk a rock at Storm - a rock that'll travel near the speed of light, AND have been phased through his hand with explosive results.

2damnloud
She can. It doesn't matter. The original poster said she could complete the thought to initiate an attack before the Flash could move.

Even with Storm in the air, it'll take time for the air to ionize. Plenty of time for the flash to chunk a rock at Storm - a rock that'll travel near the speed of light, AND have been phased through his hand with explosive results.

I remember storm Ionized the air in an instant in the comics.

Flash IS fast though.

It's hard to even concieve of someone being faster than the speed of thought.

Her best bet is to munipulate the atmosphere so no matter where he is, he'd still be under her power.

How else would storm's powers relate to speed and momentum??? Air currents???

Soljer
I remember storm Ionized the air in an instant in the comics.

Flash IS fast though.

It's hard to even concieve of someone being faster than the speed of thought.

Her best bet is to munipulate the atmosphere so no matter where he is, he'd still be under her power.

How else would storm's powers relate to speed and momentum??? Air currents???

It doesn't matter if he's faster than the speed of thought - Storm is allowed to complete her first thought in this scenario.

What DOES matter is that he is faster than her powers. That means that he can do whatever he pleases in the time it takes for the ionization to take place. Including blowing a huge hole in her chest with a phased-rock.

Howard_Jones
How is Storm gonna catch Flash?

2damnloud
It doesn't matter if he's faster than the speed of thought - Storm is allowed to complete her first thought in this scenario.

What DOES matter is that he is faster than her powers. That means that he can do whatever he pleases in the time it takes for the ionization to take place. Including blowing a huge hole in her chest with a phased-rock.

This is CRAZY!!!! laughing

How can you QUANTIFY the INSTANTANEOUS(a thought) as to compare it to "faster", "slower" etc.????

It's the comics so......

Storm needs a goddman UPGRADE--all these people running around faster than IMEASURABLE amounts of "time". laughing

This whole argument is moot on both sides. sick

Could Flash run to China from where I am and back in the time it takes me to take one step back??? Even THAT is SLOWER than the speed of light and/or thought.

Metalmanx
This is CRAZY!!!! laughing

How can you QUANTIFY the INSTANTANEOUS(a thought) as to compare it to "faster", "slower" etc.????

It's the comics so......

Storm needs a goddman UPGRADE--all these people running around faster than IMEASURABLE amounts of "time". laughing

This whole argument is moot on both sides. sick

Could Flash run to China from where I am and back in the time it takes me to take one step back??? Even THAT is SLOWER than the speed of light and/or thought.

It's not slower than the speed of thought.

2damnloud
Let's say it takes me about 1 sec to take a one regular step back.

Hong Kong, China is 8100 miles from New York. Let's say flash could run 17,000 miles a sec. That's over twice the distance, a half sec going and a half sec coming back. Going round-trip he'd be back before I complete my step back.

The speed of light is over 186,000 miles a SEC(670,616,629.384 miles per hour). That's WAAAAAAAAAAY faster than flash's measily 17,000 miles a sec.

Metalmanx
Exactly. Kudos, 2damn.

superman302
Storm could not even catch the Flash, who cares how fast she can make a lightning bolt shoot if she cant even see him. Thats like me saying even though i have a gun i could hit someone moving the speed of sound. She wouldnt even be able to see the flash when he is running to hit him this is a dumb fight the flash is way out of Storms league.

Validus
Let's say it takes me about 1 sec to take a one regular step back.

Hong Kong, China is 8100 miles from New York. Let's say flash could run 17,000 miles a sec. That's over twice the distance, a half sec going and a half sec coming back. Going round-trip he'd be back before I complete my step back.

The speed of light is over 186,000 miles a SEC(670,616,629.384 miles per hour). That's WAAAAAAAAAAY faster than flash's measily 17,000 miles a sec.
http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/4953/jlasecretfiles0127tm9.th.jpg

Soljer
http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/4953/jlasecretfiles0127tm9.th.jpg

Errmm...

Does Magical Clay grow pubic hair? erm.

Validus
Yes.

Soljer
Yes.

laughing

Your scan seems to disagree with you.

Validus
You asked if she could grow them, not if she already waxed the hell out of them.

Fanboy
You are kidding me right? Storm gets demolished faster than Black Panther can giver her the Vibranium Jack Hammer!

2damnloud

If you do your math, that's STILL not NEARLY as fast as the speed of light and/or thought. laughing laughing laughing

In that scan, the fastest time he got from one point in the world to another is 1/20 of a sec. That's STILL not NEARLY fast as a comparison to light, thought or Lightning!!

Light proabably could make many many REVOLUTIONS around the WORLD in that time, not just form one point to another. rolling on floor laughing

batdude123
If you do your math, that's STILL not NEARLY as fast as the speed of light and/or thought. laughing laughing laughing

Light proabably could make many many REVOLUTIONS around the WORLD in that time, not just form one point to another. rolling on floor laughing

Are you asking for a scan showing that Flash is light speed (although, he is MUCH MUCH faster than light)?

confused

Validus

In that scan, the fastest time he got from one point in the world to another is 1/20 of a sec. That's STILL not NEARLY fast as a comparison to light, thought or Lightning!!

If you used your literary skills, you'd see I wasn't using that scan to show Flash as being at lightspeed.

H. S. 6
Does 2damnloud truly not believe Flash is FTL? confused

2damnloud
Originally posted by batdude123
Are you asking for a scan showing that Flash is light speed (although, he is MUCH MUCH faster than light)?

confused

Could flash visit every given point in a given hemisphere at say.............. a nanosecond?? NO, but light can. It does EVERYDAY laughing

It's almost INCONCIEVABLE

Maybe I'm arguing logic with regards to the comics.

Flash is an organic being, traveling that fast he'd turn to powder or gas or something laughing

I'm just tired of seeing these Storm vs threads where her opponent get's to work OUTSIDE the natural LAWS of the universe whereas she has these strict ass guidlines. sick

I'm mainly talking about the writers who write this shit.

And flash is faster than the speed of light and thought and God

H. S. 6
Could flash visit every given point in a given hemisphere at the say a nanosecond?? NO, but light can. It does EVERYDAY laughing

Flash is an organic being, traveling that fast he'd turn to powder or gas or something laughing

I'm just tired of seeing these Storm vs threads where her opponent get's to work OUTSIDE the natural LAWS of the universe whereas she has these strict ass guidlines. sick

The Speed Force protects him. Perhaps read a Flash comic before debating against the character? wink

Validus
I swear, smileys need to be turned off for new users.

batdude123
Could flash visit every given point in a given hemisphere at say.............. a nanosecond?? NO, but light can. It does EVERYDAY laughing

I'm mainly talking about the writers who write this shit.

And flash is faster than the speed of light and thought and God

So AT BEST you're ignorant about Flash?

batdude123
I swear, smileys need to be turned off for new users.

Agreed.

2damnloud
Originally posted by H. S. 6
The Speed Force protects him. Perhaps read a Flash comic before debating against the character? wink

Maybe I should. sad

H. S. 6
Maybe I should. sad

Yeah.

2damnloud
So AT BEST you're ignorant about Flash?

Yea, I know him.

I just wanna examine his powers and examine how it is concievable.

People write this stuff and it's like WTF.

Storm has to operate in the confines of NATURAL laws, that's a hinderance in this fight.

She needs an upgrade.

Swanky-Tuna
Flash runs at whatever speed he needs to advance the plot. Seriously, sometimes he runs at speeds that make light look like my grandma superglued to a mostly powder blue nissan stanza running in reverse. And sometimes he gets tripped by Deathstroke with his foot sticking out around the corner.

batdude123
Yea, I know him.

Do you want me to get you some scans?

2damnloud
yea.

H. S. 6
Yea, I know him.

People write this stuff and it's like WTF.

Storm has to operate in the confines of NATURAL laws, that's a hinderance in this fight.

She needs an upgrade.

The Speed Force is the greatest plot device in the world.

That's all you need to know. stick out tongue

batdude123
yea.

This is probably one of the most impressive feats I've ever seen Flash perform. In these scans, Kyle is mind controlled and is attempting to fire a blast at Wonder Woman. She is only about 20 feet away, and when the blast reaches the half way point, Flash springs to action. He scans FIVE HUNDRED THOUSAND people to find the people responsible for mind controlling Kyle. He finds them both, and puts them in the line of fire from Kyle's blasts and gets Wonder Woman out of the way. To top it all off he did this in LESS than a PICOSECOND. Awesome feat.

http://img308.imageshack.us/my.php?image=flash1hu5.jpg
http://img363.imageshack.us/my.php?image=flash2zj8.jpg

I mean, that one feat I posted he covered a distance of 1 square mile in a picosecond. A mile squared = 27,878,400 feet. That means he covered 27,878,400 feet in 1/1,000,000,000,000 of a second. So, he was travelling at a rate of 27,878,400,000,000,000,000 feet/second. Light travels 951,080,000 feet per second. In essence, Flash was going 29,312,360,684.7 x the speed of light. And that was in a battle/combat situation!!! blowup

Flash wipes his ass with Storm.

2damnloud
oh ok laughing out loud roll eyes (sarcastic)

xmarksthespot
Could flash visit every given point in a given hemisphere at say.............. a nanosecond?? NO, but light can. It does EVERYDAY laughing No it doesn't. Not in the manner you're suggesting. A photon moves at c. But it isn't a single photon covering half the hemisphere during human defined "day". Don't try and argue physics when you clearly don't know any.

2damnloud
No it doesn't. Not in the manner you're suggesting. A photon moves at c. But it isn't a single photon covering half the hemisphere during human defined "day". Don't try and argue physics when you clearly don't know any.

OMG, I can't read the words on the screen!!!!!

They're moving too fast, too fast for my thoughts roll eyes (sarcastic)

laughing

xmarksthespot
I'd imagine many things are too difficult for your rate of cognition.

DarkCrawler
What the f**k?

Wow.

Seriously, Storm fanboys seem to be right there with Wolverine fanboys when it comes to retarded debating.

Juntai
What about the time Billy Batson summoned the lightning to change him into Captain Marvel, and Flash saw the lightning, and had time to run to him, and move him out of the way of the lightning before it hit-- thinking he was in danger?

ThePittman

xmarksthespot
The speed at which Flash's brain processes information and the speed at which that motor information is relayed is not the same as the speed at which a normal human being processes and relays information. erm

Juntai

Juntai
The speed at which Flash's brain processes information and the speed at which that motor information is relayed is not the same as the speed at which a normal human being processes and relays information. erm Exactly.

Juntai
http://img237.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dccomics1m4pg062ak.jpg
"Our enemy is capable of studying, analyzing, planning and responding millions of times faster than ANYTHING in the 20th century... on the other hand...we have the Flash."

"Are you ready to think FASTER than the ultimate computer Mr West?"

ThePittman
The speed at which Flash's brain processes information and the speed at which that motor information is relayed is not the same as the speed at which a normal human being processes and relays information. erm This is a generality, I know that Flash when moving at the speed of light can think faster but this is a relative comparison of speed. Even if you triple the speed at which he thinks it is still not even close to the speed of lighting. From my understanding he must use the Speed Force to think faster than a normal human so if he can take no action until the lighting has started then he must turn of the Speed Force and react, plus you also said that he can take no defensive action which would mean that if he already though about running the minute he could move that would be a defensive action. So now does he not only have to turn of the Speed Force but also think about what he wants to do.

xmarksthespot
He can take no action. That does not mean he is unconscious or has no awareness. He is simply immobilized for the duration of the thought initiating the manifestation of the lightning bolt.

Juntai
Originally posted by ThePittman
This is a generality, I know that Flash when moving at the speed of light can think faster but this is a relative comparison of speed. Even if you triple the speed at which he thinks it is still not even close to the speed of lighting. From my understanding he must use the Speed Force to think faster than a normal human so if he can take no action until the lighting has started then he must turn of the Speed Force and react, plus you also said that he can take no defensive action which would mean that if he already though about running the minute he could move that would be a defensive action. So now does he not only have to turn of the Speed Force but also think about what he wants to do. Wally is mainlined to the speedforce, he's always connected to it.
Flash has seen and reacted to lightning before.

Wally West
A better scenario might have been to let Storm flood the battlefield and create a lightning storm prior to the fight starting instead of just the one bolt, Wally can dodge that easy enough.

xmarksthespot
Not according to some...

ThePittman

Wally West
Can Storm change air pressure? If she could lower the air pressure enough she could make it very difficult for Flash to breath, and his breathing increases with his speed so she could slow him right down. Of course in these fight conditions she wouldn't get the chance, but her powers could be useful with prep.

xmarksthespot
IIRC hasn't Flash run in space?

ThePittman

BobbyD

Quite possibly, yes. I can't tell if threadmaker's intention is for Flash to bit hit?...in essense, he MUST be struck by the bolt of lightning before he gets to do anything...and then he's allowed to react? Or if it's just a typical fight? ...in which cace, he pummels the #$@% out of her.

Metalmanx
This is a generality, I know that Flash when moving at the speed of light can think faster but this is a relative comparison of speed. Even if you triple the speed at which he thinks it is still not even close to the speed of lighting. From my understanding he must use the Speed Force to think faster than a normal human so if he can take no action until the lighting has started then he must turn of the Speed Force and react, plus you also said that he can take no defensive action which would mean that if he already though about running the minute he could move that would be a defensive action. So now does he not only have to turn of the Speed Force but also think about what he wants to do.

No. Wally does not need to be connected with the Speed Force in order to have vastly superhuman thought and reaction speed. From a standstill, he's still EASILY able to think and react faster than the fastest of lightning.

Metalmanx
IIRC hasn't Flash run in space?

Yes. A few times, actually.

Metalmanx
Originally posted by BobbyD
Quite possibly, yes. I can't tell if threadmaker's intention is for Flash to bit hit?...in essense, he MUST be struck by the bolt of lightning before he gets to do anything...and then he's allowed to react? Or if it's just a typical fight? ...in which cace, he pummels the #$@% out of her.

No no no.

He must not take action until the CONJURING of the lightning bolt takes place via Storm's psionic-based weather-manipulating ability. As soon as the command is given, THEN he can move.

ThePittman
No. Wally does not need to be connected with the Speed Force in order to have vastly superhuman thought and reaction speed. From a standstill, he's still EASILY able to think and react faster than the fastest of lightning. However I thought it was the SF that allowed him to break the laws of physics? Isn't he just a normal human that has the ability to access the SF?

H. S. 6
Noticing a pattern: The people arguing for Storm are igorant of Flash.

Soljer

Check the other recent Storm vs. threads.

You'll see the pattern doesn't just apply to the Flash.

Those arguing for Storm are ignorant.

Period.

DarkCrawler
However I thought it was the SF that allowed him to break the laws of physics? Isn't he just a normal human that has the ability to access the SF? He is in the connection of the speed force all the time.

Example, someone launched a bullet a mile away when he was chilling in his balcony, he still had time to search through a thousand people to see where the bullet was.

doctorstrongbad
Is the Flash immune to Lighting attacks? Would the lighting bolt hurt him? Could it stun him at all?

BobbyD
No no no.

He must not take action until the CONJURING of the lightning bolt takes place via Storm's psionic-based weather-manipulating ability. As soon as the command is given, THEN he can move.

Can't the Flash still easily dodge the incoming bolt??? confused

ThePittman

H. S. 6

ThePittman
Cool, that is a pretty harsh word if not properly used. wink

2damnloud
I hate the way some of these characters are written--almost omnipotent.

The only way to beat him is for the opponent to be omnipresent and able to step outside the reality that he's in and attack him.

It's dumb for characters to be all-powerful with no weakness.

He can run faster than time, thoughts, light. PLEASE!! roll eyes (sarcastic)

There used to be a time where u could just trip him up and fling something in his path.

It's stupid as hell.

Another thing, He's truly faster than thought, right?

If storm was to ionized the air to electricute him, would her thought still be carried out even while he's attacking her or shortly thereafter???

What I mean is, the Flash's speed relative to a thought leaves what interval of time for said thoughts to be carried out???

Just because he moves "faster than thought" doesn't mean it would take hella long for the thought to be carried out and he still be hurt or killed.

I mean how is that actually logically actualized in the "real world".......of the comics???

The Weather God

I would suggest you reread my post because your the one being ignorant in that department.

xmarksthespot
Could Jean Kill Flash?? Funny you should ask. Because both given this scenario Jean kills Flash, but Flash still kills Storm.

ThePittman

Swanky-Tuna

ThePittman
Originally posted by Swanky-Tuna
Makes sense.

If Jean is allowed to get her hooks in before Flash can Flash it though, I think she'd reckin' a win right there. Unless he has an inherent resistance to it, either from a strong will or an attribute of the Speed Force that lets him Flash it up enough to get up to speed. Well from what I have been told is that he is always connected to the Speed Force so that he can always react at the speed of light.

Swanky-Tuna
Well from what I have been told is that he is always connected to the Speed Force so that he can always react at the speed of light.
But you could argue that if he is under someone's control he may not be willing to go to light speed.

ThePittman
Originally posted by Swanky-Tuna
But you could argue that if he is under someone's control he may not be willing to go to light speed. Though the problem would be to get control in the first place, if the brain is moving faster then the one trying to take control how could it.

xmarksthespot

ThePittman
Thing is she doesn't need to hook into anything. There's more to telepathy than just mind control. She can just switch him off. Or alternatively just snap his neck telepathically with the single thought she's allowed. If it worked more like just sending a command I can see that.

xmarksthespot
http://img366.imageshack.us/img366/6351/uxm392pg07dp9.th.jpghttp://img366.imageshack.us/img366/2042/uxm392pg08pm7.th.jpg

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>