is jedi a religion ?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

coolmovies
Is jedi an official religion ?? alot of true fans do say it is and also belive in the force smile

or is it already a religion ? confused

Lord Coal
Yep. Try looking up somewhere about the mass hoax in the 2001 UK census.

Blue_Hefner
Since when could a person become a religion?

Captain REX
Not a person. Jedi could be called the Jedi's religion because it doesn't have another name. I have no idea.

Blue_Hefner
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Ashla

((The_Anomaly))
I know its an official religion in Australia.

Ogami Itto
Hehe i bet not one of these idiots can move a small stone 000000000.0001% of a millimetre with "the force"

It's just a wind up, a way of thumbing your nose at the government or the religion census (I hope)

The closest thing I can think of is Taoism which believes not in any deity but in balance (yin/yang) in the universe/nature. It also refers to "chi" energy which is present in all living things.....apparently

Janus Marius
Somewhere, I suppose. But religions being "official" is a laughable concept; the idea of religion does not need to be official. One can be independent, or just plain strange. Religion does not have to apply only to the main belief systems prevalent in the world. It pertains to all belief systems that involve spirituality or some concept of supernatural explanations for the way the world works.

Anyone who believes in the Force should stand in front of the 3:45 down in Portland and try to stop it using only their Jedi powers.

The Jedi belief system also closely mirrors Stoicism.

Darth revan202
how could that be a religion

Noob_Krueger
Originally posted by Darth revan202
how could that be a religion

Nerds + Star Wars = Anything is possible.

Prodigal Knight

Lord Chariol
I suppose if you wanted to "practice" the force under the teachings of the Jedi then I would imagine you can. You can't use the force, because it doesn't exist, but following the Jedi Code in philosophy is noble and should be tolerated, allowed, and probably respected.

coolmovies
I was watching tv and these two hard core fans belive in the force and said the force is inside them .

Antaeus
Jedi is fiction and man made as all religions.
How studip can one be......smile

It was a nice invention in Star Wars, but in real life - use your common sense.

Next is that Santa becomes a religion....

Council#13
Originally posted by Ogami Itto
Hehe i bet not one of these idiots can move a small stone 000000000.0001% of a millimetre with "the force"

You realize that, although you put 9 0's infront of the decimal point, it would still be .0001% or 0.0001%. ermm

Darth Zedster
Originally posted by Antaeus
Jedi is fiction and man made as all religions.
How studip can one be......smile

It was a nice invention in Star Wars, but in real life - use your common sense.

Next is that Santa becomes a religion....

Agreed big grin big grin

coolmovies
o well thats a shame

Darth Zedster
Originally posted by coolmovies
o well thats a shame

Think about it! If it is an official religion why are they trying to make a official religion!

laughing out loud

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.