Immature ?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

MC Hammer
I wanna know if we are immature. When other people like friends for example are thinking about getting pissed on Saturday or whats the score with the football/soccer, we are thinking about who would win in a fight between Spiderman and Wolverine for example. I mean isn't it immature to think about that stuff ???

invisiblewoman
not really people are interested in different things. . . some people do both! it isn't immature. . .

Darth Vicious
Agreed I have friend sthat I can talk about sports and others about comic books, some about both.

nimbus006
HAHAHA! Hey i think about who would win a fight b/w Spiderman and Wolverine while Im getting drunk in a club.

Just cause i love comics doesn't mean i don't like other things like football, going out etc... To answer your question hell no we're not immature just cuz we read and discuss comics. It's an interest, just like some people like to race cars, cook, or play video games

Doc Potato
Originally posted by MC Hammer
I wanna know if we are immature. When other people like friends for example are thinking about getting pissed on Saturday or whats the score with the football/soccer, we are thinking about who would win in a fight between Spiderman and Wolverine for example. I mean isn't it immature to think about that stuff ??? And getting pissed is just the very definition of maturity, my good sir... laughing out loud

MC Hammer
Originally posted by Doc Potato
And getting pissed is just the very definition of maturity, my good sir... laughing out loud laughing thumb up

Now a day's comics I guess are OK, but to uneducated people that aren't familiar in the comic world think they are for kids. Old days comics are know. stick out tongue

inamilist
I always thought mature thinking was politics or the more erudian stuff... or the dirty stuff....

but ya, its just taste. I spend as much time thinking about Man-Thing as my friends spend thinking about Ween.

Gregory
Getting into screaming arguments about what comic-book characters could beat each other is immature.

Having a friendly debate about it is still pretty silly, but I don't think "immature" is exactly the word I'd choose.

MC Hammer
Originally posted by Gregory
Getting into screaming arguments about what comic-book characters could beat each other is immature.

Having a friendly debate about it is still pretty silly, but I don't think "immature" is exactly the word I'd choose.

Cracked the nail on the head my good man.

thumb up

Doc Potato
Mm hm... i agree with taht one. Pretty true... I'm afraid...

grey fox
Meh , I despise sports and Alcohol.

Yet I'm mature.

I do how-ever enjoy spicy foods and Godzilla movies.

MC Hammer
Originally posted by grey fox
Meh , I despise sports and Alcohol.

Yet I'm mature.

I do how-ever enjoy spicy foods and Godzilla movies.

Godzilla rules my good friend. cool

bigbran
I wanna know if we are immature. When other people like friends for example are thinking about getting pissed on Saturday or whats the score with the football/soccer, we are thinking about who would win in a fight between Spiderman and Wolverine for example. I mean isn't it immature to think about that stuff ??? Wouldn't it be say more mature to go and read, and write, than say, getting in a fist fight with your best friend?

Scoobless
I wanna know if we are immature. When other people like friends for example are thinking about getting pissed on Saturday or whats the score with the football/soccer, we are thinking about who would win in a fight between Spiderman and Wolverine for example. I mean isn't it immature to think about that stuff ???

No! ..... well ..... yes!...... shifty

stick out tongue

Depends on the individual really.

Dinalfos
Immature is the wrong word. I'd prefer to call it 'intensely disturbing'. But in all seriousness, it really IS kind of weird. I only debate comic book characters and their powers until I realize what the hell it is I'm doing. If I stop to think about the whole thing for more than two seconds, I kinda start to feel uncomfortable with myself sad

But I guess it's no better or worse than any other fan debate about pulpy stuff.

Validus
I like sports and comics. Am I weird? sad

Grimm22
I play football with my friends every other week or so and I read comics no expression

Does that make me an outcast?!?

Dinalfos
I find comfort in the thought that only a "normal" dude is a weirdo in the company of freaks.

Validus
Originally posted by Dinalfos
I find comfort in the thought that only a "normal" dude is a weirdo in the company of freaks.
I feel like such an outcast. sad

Scoobless
Maybe it's your BO

no expression

Rick/Genis
I am so sick of this "You're a nerd because you read comic books" or "You're a nerd because you play on the computer all the time". What constitutes a nerd, anyway? Being interested in something that other people that MIGHT smell are interested in? I just don't get it. Some people are so completely obsessed with going to a club and meeting people... is THAT what makes you NOT a nerd? Socialization? What's wrong with finding more comfort in reading a piece of good story with great art than going to a building full of people that (more than likely) are only thinking of themselves and what THEY'RE going to get out of being there?

There are some people that get up and watch sports.... allll day. When I have a conversation with them, they ask about "the game" as if I know what that means. Does this make THEM a nerd? The fact that they vote they're entire lives to WATCHING other people run and tackle or hit a ball with a stick or kick a ball or drive really fast.

There are other people who are completely and utterly obsessed with a box that movies you from point A to point B. What's so special about this I ask. Some of these boxes happen to move faster... some of them with more style. All of them are just metal boxes. (Yes I own a car by the way, no I'm not obsessed with it).

Regardless, what is it that makes debating about comics so friggin' nerdy? I'm sick of the discrimination stick out tongue

Well, I guess that wasn't too much of a rant.

Dinalfos
Originally posted by Rick/Genis
I am so sick of this "You're a nerd because you read comic books" or "You're a nerd because you play on the computer all the time". What constitutes a nerd, anyway? Being interested in something that other people that MIGHT smell are interested in? I just don't get it. Some people are so completely obsessed with going to a club and meeting people... is THAT what makes you NOT a nerd? Socialization? What's wrong with finding more comfort in reading a piece of good story with great art than going to a building full of people that (more than likely) are only thinking of themselves and what THEY'RE going to get out of being there?

There are some people that get up and watch sports.... allll day. When I have a conversation with them, they ask about "the game" as if I know what that means. Does this make THEM a nerd? The fact that they vote they're entire lives to WATCHING other people run and tackle or hit a ball with a stick or kick a ball or drive really fast.

There are other people who are completely and utterly obsessed with a box that movies you from point A to point B. What's so special about this I ask. Some of these boxes happen to move faster... some of them with more style. All of them are just metal boxes. (Yes I own a car by the way, no I'm not obsessed with it).

Regardless, what is it that makes debating about comics so friggin' nerdy? I'm sick of the discrimination stick out tongue

Well, I guess that wasn't too much of a rant.

Only a total geek could rant like that laughing

Rick/Genis
laughing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.