Does God Smite People? or People Smite People

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Terrorist
Show the verse that said that God Intervention that He smote/smited people. If You dont show the verse to me, God will PimpSmite You.

Lord Urizen
Originally posted by Terrorist
Show the verse that said that God Intervention that He smote/smited people. If You dont show the verse to me, God will PimpSmite You.

God is Orgasm, and Jesus Is Lord !

GO JESUS ! droolio

Terrorist
I know how God of orgasm blessed and smote/smited both men and women.

God Blessed Men by every Sexworshiping a man will experience an orgasm 100% of the time However God smote/smited them that men can only have 1.

God Blessed women by every Sexworshipping, a woman can experience multiple Orgasm and more intense compared to man. However God Smote/smited women that Not every worship will achieve it. Blame Eve for tasting "Adam's Apple'' Aka Adams Left nut.

Lord Urizen
I know how God of orgasm blessed and smote/smited both men and women.

God Blessed Men by every Sexworshiping a man will experience an orgasm 100% of the time However God smote/smited them that men can only have 1.

God Blessed women by every Sexworshipping, a woman can experience multiple Orgasm and more intense compared to man. However God Smote/smited women that Not every worship will achieve it. Blame Eve for tasting "Adam's Apple'' Aka Adams Left nut.

laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing

debbiejo
Jesus didn't talk about smiting people. Jesus and the OT god are as opposite as east is from west and yet said to be the "Same" god.

But one could say that god does smite people if you believe that being apart of the universe as we all are would also be what god would be, so in this view god does smite people.

Lord Urizen
SMITE

Shakyamunison

God does not "do", we "do".

Lord Urizen
INFIDEL !

debbiejo
Sayith the god.

Lord Urizen
THE GOD OF SPERM droolio

LFBC_Gir
Genesis 19:24Then the LORD rained on Sodom and Gomorrah brimstone and fire from the LORD out of heaven,

25and He overthrew those cities, and all the valley, and all the inhabitants of the cities, and what grew on the ground.

26But his wife, from behind him, looked back, and she became a pillar of salt.

27Now Abraham arose early in the morning and went to the place where he had stood before the LORD;

28and he looked down toward Sodom and Gomorrah, and toward all the land of the valley, and he saw, and behold, the smoke of the land ascended like the smoke of a furnace.

There is a whole lot more, check it out for yourself biblegateway.com

debbiejo
And the Lord rained upon New Orleans and saying "this city is evil because they give wives and not in marriage and as to taken to laying with men as they would a woman and like such".............And all mighty god said with a vengence, let them die that is of an infant, and unmarried female, and let it die that is not liking to a a husband and a wife. And let is all be forsaken those who can think against me, for I am the Lord thy God. And the Lord speaks again, all that is of not said in my name shall be sent into hell because I am a Jelious god and you shall not even think upon another name as you would a woman in your camp. I am above you and in that, you are my brainless deeded drones.......Amen

Alliance
GOD DID IT!

Why?

GOD DID IT!

Why?

GOD DID IT!

Why?

GOD DID IT!

Why?

GOD DID IT!

Why?

GOD DID IT!

Why?

BECAUSE!

debbiejo
^^ If gods gonna keep doing it, he really should where a condom.

Lord Urizen
Originally posted by LFBC_Gir
Genesis 19:24Then the LORD rained on Sodom and Gomorrah brimstone and fire from the LORD out of heaven,

25and He overthrew those cities, and all the valley, and all the inhabitants of the cities, and what grew on the ground.

27Now Abraham arose early in the morning and went to the place where he had stood before the LORD;

28and he looked down toward Sodom and Gomorrah, and toward all the land of the valley, and he saw, and behold, the smoke of the land ascended like the smoke of a furnace.

There is a whole lot more, check it out for yourself biblegateway.com

You make God seem so merciful..... yes

Nellinator
But if you look at the behavior of the townspeople I think you would see the need for its destruction. Feceman made an excellent post on the matter in his thread about Sodom and Gomorrah.

Lord Urizen
Originally posted by Nellinator
But if you look at the behavior of the townspeople I think you would see the need for its destruction. Feceman made an excellent post on the matter in his thread about Sodom and Gomorrah.

Understood.

But it's still hypocritical in my opinion. God using SIN against SIN ? Fighting fire with fire ? Ending destruction with destruction?

Don't get me wrong Nell.....If I saw such horrors occuring in a community where people were sadistically torturing other people, and I had the power to destroy it in my anger, I'd fkn do it too ! yes

you better beleive it !

However, I wouldn't say I was in the right to do so. I see anger, wrath, and loss of control as human flaws.

If God is truly more intelligent, more mature, and absolutely loving, he would find a way to end the horrors without killing his own people and destroying thier cities. That is an act of immaturity and emotional limit.

Nellinator
I do not find anger a flaw, but rather a strength in God's case. If God never got angry I would say he is apathic, instead he gets angry because he cares showing that he loves us. God got Lot out of the city because he was the only one who wasn't a scumbag (not that he was a treat by any measure). The rest were hopeless, as only God could know, so I believe he showed wisdom in destroying them before they created more evil and corruption through influence or otherwise.

Lord Urizen
I do not find anger a flaw, but rather a strength in God's case.

Anger is always a secondary emotion and a loss of one's temper. It is a flaw, ESPECIALLY in the case of a being who is supposed to be better than us.

If God never got angry I would say he is apathic, instead he gets angry because he cares showing that he loves us.

The opposite of Anger is NOT Apathy. And Love does not acompany anger. Love and Hate both utilize anger, ANGER is NOT a necessity for Love.

So he shows that he cares about us by destroying us and our cities ? Hmm....interesting.

So THATS what hurricane Katrina was all about !

God got Lot out of the city because he was the only one who wasn't a scumbag (not that he was a treat by any measure).

LOL

What would you call someone who destroys entire cities and burns people ?

The rest were hopeless, as only God could know, so I believe he showed wisdom in destroying them before they created more evil and corruption through influence or otherwise.

Why not just erase them from existance rather than burn them all alive ?

Why can't God enter thier minds and give them empathy and compassion ?

All this talk about free will...Satan always tempts us, yada yada, well why doesn't GOD tempt us ?

Why doesn't GOD interfere in our hearts and minds and let us see his truth, so that we could make a complete decision ? Why does he allow Satan to poison our minds, but then make no effort to place his perspective in our minds..... other than a written book of contradictions

Smiter
I know Why Lot's wife turned to salt. God smited her. When she turned her back, Lot's wife was thinking of a Bi-Lover and she was wondering if he escaped the Smite. Thats why she looked back at Sodom. She was a cheating wife. Poor Lot, he got some sloppy seconds.

debbiejo
And Lot gets off scott free?
Father-daughter incest near the town of Tzo'ar: In verses 30 to 38, the second story describes how Lot's two daughters got their father drunk on wine, engaged in sexual intercourse with him on two successive nights, became pregnant, and eventually gave birth to two sons Moab and Benammi. Their sons are described as founding the Moabite and Ammonite nations.

The destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah has been used as a way of gay-bashing for many years. Again, a little understanding goes a long ways. The men of Sodom were acting out a ritual that had be a part of tribes for eons: gang-rape of a man as a method of subjugation. It was unacceptable in the Hebrew culture (even though mass murder and jihad was acceptable), and so the story of the destruction became the source of yet another misused and misunderstood word in our culture: to Sodomize, which became understood as homosexual acts. This story has nothing to do with homosexual behavior or lifestyle: it has to do with the destruction of a persons dignity and soul through violent sodomy, or violent rape of one man by another.

Lots wife a metephore
some suggest that being surprised and suffocated with fire and smoke, she remained in place, as immovable as a rock of salt. Or since the bible teaches that having Salt is a good thing and she was turned into salt, could also mean that she had such compassion on the cities and looked back, being filled and turned into salt.

Much like Aesop's fables.

Council#13
Originally posted by Smiter

God smote people all the time in the Old Testament. Look at the plagues he unleashed on the Pharaoh.

Lord Urizen
Originally posted by Council#13
God smote people all the time in the Old Testament. Look at the plagues he unleashed on the Pharaoh.

GOD IS THE SMITER

You motherf*ckers better watch your back ! GOD IS WATCHING YOU ! HIS WRATH SHALL BE HORRID ! YOU WILL ALL SUFFFERRRRRR ! evil face

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Lord Urizen
GOD IS THE SMITER

You motherf*ckers better watch your back ! GOD IS WATCHING YOU ! HIS WRATH SHALL BE HORRID ! YOU WILL ALL SUFFFERRRRRR ! evil face

Only if you believe those lies. big grin

Regret
Originally posted by LFBC_Gir

There is a whole lot more, check it out for yourself biblegateway.com I am uncertain of the belief that Lot's wife literally became a pillar of salt. I believe that more probably she became as a pillar of salt, bitter, imo. She became so bitter towards Lot and Lot's God for what happened to her home that she "looked back", or rather bitterly regretted the loss of what she had in Sodom and Gomorrah, and left Lot. Did God smite her? I doubt it, I believe she became bitter towards Lot and Lot's God.

Regret
As to the fire and brimstone, I don't really know, but sounds like a God smite wink Could just be that there was knowledge of a volcano going to erupt and the "Angels" told a select few about it. Would it be smiting if those that didn't believe in God weren't told about imminent destruction?

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Regret
As to the fire and brimstone, I don't really know, but sounds like a God smite wink Could just be that there was knowledge of a volcano going to erupt and the "Angels" told a select few about it. Would it be smiting if those that didn't believe in God weren't told about imminent destruction?

Also, could "Angels told a select few" be a feeling that some got about approaching doom, that others didn't feel?

Smiter
Originally posted by debbiejo
And Lot gets off scott free?
Father-daughter incest near the town of Tzo'ar: In verses 30 to 38, the second story describes how Lot's two daughters got their father drunk on wine, engaged in sexual intercourse with him on two successive nights, became pregnant, and eventually gave birth to two sons Moab and Benammi. Their sons are described as founding the Moabite and Ammonite nations.

The destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah has been used as a way of gay-bashing for many years. Again, a little understanding goes a long ways. The men of Sodom were acting out a ritual that had be a part of tribes for eons: gang-rape of a man as a method of subjugation. It was unacceptable in the Hebrew culture (even though mass murder and jihad was acceptable), and so the story of the destruction became the source of yet another misused and misunderstood word in our culture: to Sodomize, which became understood as homosexual acts. This story has nothing to do with homosexual behavior or lifestyle: it has to do with the destruction of a persons dignity and soul through violent sodomy, or violent rape of one man by another.

Lots wife a metephore
some suggest that being surprised and suffocated with fire and smoke, she remained in place, as immovable as a rock of salt. Or since the bible teaches that having Salt is a good thing and she was turned into salt, could also mean that she had such compassion on the cities and looked back, being filled and turned into salt.

Much like Aesop's fables.

Lot F.ucked 2 of his daughters? WTF IS GOING ON?

Lord Urizen
DUHH ...... Lot is a pedophile. So is God.

Council#13
That is so lame. erm

debbiejo
Lot F.ucked 2 of his daughters? WTF IS GOING ON?

Well since god is all knowing then he must of been ok with it, yet his wife they say was turned into salt just for having compassion on the cities.

http://www.thebricktestament.com/genesis/the_seduction_of_lot/gn19_30.html

Lord Urizen
Originally posted by Council#13
That is so lame. erm

I know, why do you worship him ?

Smiter
I woship God to be on the safe side.

debbiejo
Well that sucks...........

Lord Urizen
I woship God to be on the safe side.

So your a coward ? That's not the Smiter I know....

If you worship God, it should be because you truly beleive, not because you're afraid of ending up in Hell and having sharp objects shoved up your bubble....

debbiejo
A lot of people do this to be on the safe side. It's the "Just in case" clause........... yes

Smiter
Being on the safe side doesnt mean cowardice. It only means insurance.
''Whatifs and Justin Case'' made me do it.
If God is Trully a smiter than a merciful one then he will burn the shit out of people. But If God is not a hellbringer. then christian or not we are safe. If he is merciful one then we are all safe and going to a perfect place after death. but if god is just a creator or neutral god then we are good. I think Christianism brought the idea "worship him or die"
then i thought to myself, hmm why not? its not gonna hurt anyone if I go to church.

debbiejo
Just to let you know. God contract paper doesn't have the "Just in Case" clause............Sorry, but you're screwed..........It's like the people who keep doing a sin and then ask for forgiveness over and over and over.

You're all gonna burn.......I'll bring my plate and fork. I hear people tastes like chicken.

Smiter
I wanna have sex with debbiejoe but I dont have any time machine to go back to 70's

supdude

sup dude.

god smites lots of people. for those who love him, he just smites with loving boitch slap, used for the purpose of wakin them up and keepin it real. he's gotta keep that pimp right hand strong ya know. for those who hate him he takes out his 45, and performs a 420 on them...

spam_laser

Nellinator
That is not funny.

EDIT: Or true.

Symmetric Chaos
That is not funny.

EDIT: Or true.

not very funny

not literally true

however

God did smite that Job guy (I think his sin was having faith)
he destroyed Sodom and Gromorah,
he ordered the Hebrews to conqure Cannan with no prisoners
he had that whole plagues thing going on in Egypt of a while (then killed the pharoh and his entire army)
his son killed a fig tree for no reason
hit Cain with lightning

so yeah Gods pretty smitey

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
not very funny

not literally true

however

he had that whole plagues thing going on in Egypt of a while (then killed the pharoh and his entire army)
hit Cain with lightning

Sounds like an evil god to me.

Nellinator
not very funny

not literally true

however

hit Cain with lightning

God never smote Job, Satan did.
Sodom and Gomorrah needed to be destroyed seeing as how the whole city was a bunch a greedy slothful rapists.
Yes.
Yes.
Never thought of that one as a smite, but I think it served a good purpose.
What?

Symmetric Chaos
It can be taken that way

but generally he had some sort of reason to smite them (except the fig tree I never understood that story)

Nellinator
I remember someone whining about the fig tree, but it was just one fig tree and it served a far greater purpose. It was used by Jesus to show that if we have faith we can do anything.

Symmetric Chaos
he killed it because figs were out of season and he was hungry

so with faith I can screw over people who are literally unable to do what I want them to?

supdude
not very funny

not literally true

however

hit Cain with lightning

sup dude...

man..tough audience today. sokay..i may have not been very accurate or good wit my original argument. bit of a dink i am at times. so as i apologize for any confusion..let me clarify what i meant.....

..like chris rock would say. god "takes care of his kidz" cause thaz what he posed to do. taking care of your kidz, means disciplining them. I guess discipline should not be categorized in teh same category as smiting, but its loving none the less. i used to whine bout win my parents whopped me when i was younger, but man as i have gotten older, i sure as heck do appreciate those whoopings now.

so if ya love god, then you going to appreciate the discipline. i aint saying ya gonna like it all the time..but you will appreciate it at some point, cause discipline is a form of love...

so i guess the smiting comes in when peeps decide they dont want none of god's loving discipline, and they just do whatever they want. god gives them over to whatever they want to do, even though it may hurt them..cause you cant force someone to be good or loving...they gotta want to be good..so they kind of smite themselves..ya dig?

now since Nellinator so graciously corrected me..let me now correct you symmetric. you aint all that accurate on the job thing..job was a sinner dude..he was very prideful..read the book of job again..if you havent read it. he may have not sinned with "his lips"..but he definitely sinned more than once within his heart..and thats where sin begins buddy.

.. but as you can also see from the book job..job was also a very humble man, prolly more humble than any other man on earth at that time...and repented immediately when god brought the sin to his attention.

so yeah God is real pretty...but he ain't all that smitey...unless you making the same mistake that i originally made, and confusing loving discipline with smitting...

sounds good to me..until of course ive been told that i aint right again..haha

Nellinator
Yes, not that I would.

Something to take into consideration, is that Jesus was omnipotent and,therefore, knew well in advance the consequences of his actions. He knew that the disciples and he would come back to fig tree the following day and that they would see the fig tree shrivelled. I think Jesus knew full well what he was doing, knowing that a valuable lesson would come of it.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by supdude

now since Nellinator so graciously corrected me..let me now correct you symmetric. you aint all that accurate on the job thing..job was a sinner dude..he was very prideful..read the book of job again..if you havent read it. he may have not sinned with "his lips"..but he definitely sinned more than once within his heart..and thats where sin begins buddy.

OK thanks for the correction

so yeah God is real pretty...but he ain't all that smitey...unless you making the same mistake that i originally made, and confusing loving discipline with smitting...

I see a difference between genocide and love

Something to take into consideration, is that Jesus was omnipotent and,therefore, knew well in advance the consequences of his actions. He knew that the disciples and he would come back to fig tree the following day and that they would see the fig tree shrivelled. I think Jesus knew full well what he was doing, knowing that a valuable lesson would come of it.

but what was the lesson?

should we not eat figs?

should we destroy trees?

should we give food we don't have if Jesus tells us to?

Lord Urizen
Yes God loves children.

That is why he wiped most of them out during the Great Flood...that is why he killed all the First born sons of Egypt during the time of Moses, and that is why he killed all the children at Sodom and Gomorrha as well....

Oh what a loving and rational God we have !

Nellinator
but what was the lesson?

should we not eat figs?

should we destroy trees?

should we give food we don't have if Jesus tells us to?
Jesus sums up the lesson himself in Matthew 21:21-22.

*Jesus answered and said unto them, "Verily I say unto you, If ye have faith, and doubt not, ye shall not only do this which is done to the fig tree, but also if ye shall say unto this mountain, 'Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea;' it shall be done. And all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive."*

From this lesson comes the well known saying, "Faith can move mountains."

Symmetric Chaos

*Jesus answered and said unto them, "Verily I say unto you, If ye have faith, and doubt not, ye shall not only do this which is done to the fig tree, but also if ye shall say unto this mountain, 'Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea;' it shall be done. And all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive."*

Although I find that to be a dangerous train of thought I do love the final quote

"Faith can move mountains" (although I don't take it literally)

Lord Urizen
Faith is CERTAINLY powerful and can accomplish a whole fkn lot !!!

But it can be just as dangerous as it can be beneficial....

supdude

thumb up

I praise you for that VALID and well thought out argument. ive seen a many a christian posters on this board, some liberal, others neo con, others neo-con liberal baptists, and some just liberal neo-con mormans..but i dont see many christians on here who are as MODERATE as you..without jumping on to EXTREMES well done. but remember that even with faith being important an all..love is the more important thing.

As the bible points out..

1 Corinthians 13:1-13

and if I have all faith so as to remove mountains,
but have not love, I am nothing.

Still much KUDOS to you in CONSISTANTLY taking the moderate position. As it is written..a man of god, will truly "avoid all extremes."

Lord Urizen

Still much KUDOS to you in CONSISTANTLY taking the moderate position. As it is written..a man of god, will truly "avoid all extremes."

Even zealotry ?

Nellinator
thumb up

I praise you for that VALID and well thought out argument. ive seen a many a christian posters on this board, some liberal, others neo con, others neo-con liberal baptists, and some just liberal neo-con mormans..but i dont see many christians on here who are as MODERATE as you..without jumping on to EXTREMES well done. but remember that even with faith being important an all..love is the more important thing.

As the bible points out..

1 Corinthians 13:1-13

and if I have all faith so as to remove mountains,
but have not love, I am nothing.

Thank you. Faith, hope, and love is all we have. The greatest is love.

I love the verse you mentioned (Ecclesiasties 7:18) as Ecclesiasties is one of my favourite books in the Bible.
Even zealotry ?
Well in the KJV version of the aforementioned passage it says:
"Be not righteous over much; neither make thyself over wise: why shouldest thou destroy thyself?" Ecclesiasties 7:16. Interesting enough the word translated as destory means more literally 'make thyself lonely' i.e. cut oneself off from the others through 'zealotry' as you call it.

Lord Urizen
Well in the KJV version of the aforementioned passage it says:
"Be not righteous over much; neither make thyself over wise: why shouldest thou destroy thyself?" Ecclesiasties 7:16. Interesting enough the word translated as destory means more literally 'make thyself lonely' i.e. cut oneself off from the others through 'zealotry' as you call it.

History has proven how deadly Zealotry can be....why toy with such a force ?

Nellinator
Why don't you ask a zealot?

Alliance
There appears to be quite a few of you on this forum.

Shakyamunison
Definitions of zealot on the Web:

a member of an ancient Jewish sect in Judea in the first century who fought to the death against the Romans and who killed or persecuted Jews who collaborated with the Romans
partisan: a fervent and even militant proponent of something
wordnet.princeton.edu/perl/webwn

The term Zealot, in Hebrew kanai means one who is jealous on behalf of God. As a word in English it means anyone who is overly zealous. Specific uses in popular culture also exist.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zealot

The Protoss are a race in Blizzard Entertainment's real-time strategy computer game, StarCraft. They are technologically advanced and rely on psionic abilities and cybernetics in battle. They are the primary opponents of the Zerg. The Protoss are highly religious and follow a strict code known as the Khala. The Protoss have a three-chambered heart (this was shown when Tassadar attacked the Zerg Overmind).
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zealot_(StarCraft)

— primary attack unit. The Zealot is a melee attacker, wielding a pair of psionic blades, and is much stronger than the primary attack units of the Zerg and Terran. Can be upgraded for faster movement speed. It is incapable of attacking air units.
www.nationmaster.com/encyclopedia/Protoss

supdude
History has proven how deadly Zealotry can be....why toy with such a force ?

no

such poor logic...

I'm a Zealot cause I love God..and wish to follow his will?

So everyone who disagress with you is a zealot..pardon me while i laugh and pity your INVALID ILLOGICAL HATEFUL CONCLUSIONS...

laughing

So what does that make people who dont Love God..and dont follow his will dude?

Everyone who follows you is RATIONAL..but everyone who follows GOD is IRRATIONAL? such poor logic..it is truly a shame to see such intelligence wasted on such foolish ILLOGICAL - SELF SERVING opinions

Nellinator
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
Definitions of zealot on the Web:

a member of an ancient Jewish sect in Judea in the first century who fought to the death against the Romans and who killed or persecuted Jews who collaborated with the Romans
partisan: a fervent and even militant proponent of something
wordnet.princeton.edu/perl/webwn

The term Zealot, in Hebrew kanai means one who is jealous on behalf of God. As a word in English it means anyone who is overly zealous. Specific uses in popular culture also exist.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zealot

The Protoss are a race in Blizzard Entertainment's real-time strategy computer game, StarCraft. They are technologically advanced and rely on psionic abilities and cybernetics in battle. They are the primary opponents of the Zerg. The Protoss are highly religious and follow a strict code known as the Khala. The Protoss have a three-chambered heart (this was shown when Tassadar attacked the Zerg Overmind).
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zealot_(StarCraft)

— primary attack unit. The Zealot is a melee attacker, wielding a pair of psionic blades, and is much stronger than the primary attack units of the Zerg and Terran. Can be upgraded for faster movement speed. It is incapable of attacking air units.
www.nationmaster.com/encyclopedia/Protoss
laughing Starcraft. That's good stuff.

Anyways, I'm fairly certain that the context was over zealouness. Don't you agree?

Shakyamunison
laughing Starcraft. That's good stuff.

Anyways, I'm fairly certain that the context was over zealouness. Don't you agree?

Yes, I was just being humorous. wink

Nellinator
I know and it was well needed. Thank you.

Smiter
Zealots Pwn Seige tanks and goliaths.

Lord Urizen
"I'm gonna E-Rape you"

laughing

Nellinator
Zealots Pwn Seige tanks and goliaths. laughing Only when they have their speed upgraded.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.