Sabertooth vs. Ironfist

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Faceman
Who wins? it's an alley way brawl...

Soljer
Have you ever seen those cheesy kung fu movies where a really powerful character punches this huge (but perfectly circular) hole in his oppositions chest?

Well...

Sabertooth has an adamantium ribcage, but Danny'll blow the tissue out the back of it, anyway, wink.

capt it up
Originally posted by Soljer
Have you ever seen those cheesy kung fu movies where a really powerful character punches this huge (but perfectly circular) hole in his oppositions chest?

Well...

Sabertooth has an adamantium ribcage, but Danny'll blow the tissue out the back of it, anyway, wink.
not likly all actaully it more likly that IF getts his guts ripped out

rotiart
Originally posted by Soljer

Well...

I thought Sabretooth lost his adamantium ribcage (and that only Ultimates has the adamantium.. + 4 claws)

Danny dodges all of Sabes attacks... and rips out Sabes eyeballs and stuffs it back into his own esophagus.

capt it up
Originally posted by rotiart
I thought Sabretooth lost his adamantium ribcage (and that only Ultimates has the adamantium.. + 4 claws)

Danny dodges all of Sabes attacks... and rips out Sabes eyeballs and stuffs it back into his own esophagus.
No he never lost it. Really how does danny dodge sabertooth attacks? Please I love to know how Danny dodges all of sabertooth attacks when sabertooth has superhuman agility and reflexes

The Fake Macoy
Is there anyone who actually read IF and knows the outcomes of most of their fights?

bigbran
Originally posted by capt it up
No he never lost it. Really how does danny dodge sabertooth attacks? Please I love to know how Danny dodges all of sabertooth attacks when sabertooth has superhuman agility and reflexes Well, I know he danced around Hulk (I think Mindless too), no he actually speedblitzed him, Hulk couldn't hit him.

capt it up
Originally posted by bigbran
Well, I know he danced around Hulk (I think Mindless too), no he actually speedblitzed him, Hulk couldn't hit him.
really what issue and is that supose to be impressive? almsot any street lever character can do that.

bigbran
Originally posted by capt it up
really what issue and is that supose to be impressive? almsot any street lever character can do that. Forget the issue, couldn't even tell you a Surfer issue off the top of my head, and I own all the issues! I'de have to look it up, but I know it was posted in the Iron Fist respect thread (not an Iron Fist collector).
It's on the top of the second page (well close), but there is some really good feats on that there first page.
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f95/t401926.html

Anyway, the only two people off the top of my head that have danced around Hulk (streetlevel) were Iron Fist and Spider-Man.

Validus
Fist beat Sabertooth already but that was pre-Adamantium bullshits.

capt it up
Forget the issue, couldn't even tell you a Surfer issue off the top of my head, and I own all the issues! I'de have to look it up, but I know it was posted in the Iron Fist respect thread (not an Iron Fist collector).
It's on the top of the second page (well close), but there is some really good feats on that there first page.

Anyway, the only two people off the top of my head that have danced around Hulk (streetlevel) were Iron Fist and Spider-Man.
it not very impressive really. DD done it wolverine or sabertooth could both do it how ever unlike the others they can take the punishment so why keep dodging when you can reak in some real damage.

Daredevil1
Sabes takes it.

Danny top-tier. But Sabes is on another level after his enhancements. Sabes wrecked Bone-claw Wolverine, had Metal-Wolverine questioning if he could win. Sabes also wreaked Maverick, sent Omega Red running, was beating Sasquatch, and wreacked Wendigo.

When he was just old-Sabretooth he could crush steel weights with the bar and made it into a tin-foil. Now he was uprgaded in strength, speed, durability and healing. Plus he has adamantium. Like most advanced street level characters. Danny can win, but just not the majority.
Sabes 7/10.

Horrificus
Ok. All the X-fanboys need to really check out the Iron Fist respect thread.

What that thread shows, is how things REALLY are in the MU, without the terrible, sales-fuled writing for X-fans that has ruined so many of the characters.

Yes, people, Iron Fist can take Sabertooth. Yes, he man-handled Wolverine and all of the X-men.

Yes, he did this while he was in a weakened state.

Iron Fist is the Real Deal. End of story.

In the last 10 years, all the X-characters became almost unbeatable. Or, should I say "Nigh"-unbeatable? Hehe.

Somehow, they all became more powerful. Almost all of them are practically scientists, they are so smart! So funny.

Can take blows from some of the strongest beings in the universe, without even losing consciousness.

It's a big mess.

Back, when comics were actually readable, yes. Iron Fist was a baddas.

And, yes. He can take Sabertooth.

MightyEInherjar

Wow. I never really took the time to look at that before, and I have to say, I'm damn impressed.

ExtraMision5555
Iron fist has one of the ugliest costumes in the MU.

Omega-level
Originally posted by Horrificus

Yes, people, Iron Fist can take Sabertooth.

I believe that. It could go either way, but i give 6/10 to Creed.

Yes, he man-handled Wolverine and all of the X-men.

Yes, he did this while he was in a weakened state.

That's jobbering. Wolverine does it quite often.

Horrificus
Originally posted by ExtraMision5555

Actually, his costume is so ugly, he should lose.

Soljer
Originally posted by ExtraMision5555

But he's still one of the biggest badasses, capable of amping himself with chi to spiderman level speed, and capable of dishing out insane amounts of damage with the Iron Fist.

Daredevil1
None of the street level characters are as fast as Spiderman. There close like Daredevil, Cap, and Shang. But Spiderman has that advantage.

During Danny's fight with Spiderman, Spidey had the edge.

But anyway's Sabes it too much with adamantium. Danny definatly can win. But not a majority.

bigbran
Originally posted by Omega-level

That's jobbering. Wolverine does it quite often. laughing laughing laughing no expression laughing laughing hystericalhystericalhysterical

jinzin
Originally posted by The Fake Macoy
Is there anyone who actually read IF and knows the outcomes of most of their fights?

actually yeah... in their first fight (sabretooth's first appearance) danny comments on how sabretooth fights with absolutely no skill, just all brute force and speed... eventually sabretooth uses snow glare to temporarily blind iron fist... iron fist then proceeds to clobber sabretooth while blinded.

they fought again and sabretooth and IF were going back and forth so sabes switched off the lights in the room they were in, then he attacked IF using his night vision... IF once again clobbered him in retaliation without being able to see him...

now was DO have to remember this is pre-mauraders sabretooth, this sabretooth only had razor sharp claws, 2 ton lifting max (possibly 3), olympic level agility and enhanced animal senses...

he had nowhere near the fighting skill he was written to have later, he didn't have a healing factor, he didnt' have his trademark super strength and speed, he didn't have any of the weapon x upgrades he's recently been given either.

IF had the chance of beating sabretooth back in the old days but even then it was close and sabretooth's ferocity terrified danny... since then sabretooth aquired noteable superpowers, described combat skills, and has been amplified beyond his "I can knock rogue out in 3 punches and beat down wonder woman in a slugfest" manifestation, on not one but 2 occasions.
iron fist just doesn't have what it takes to beat sabretooth anymore...

jinzin
I thought Sabretooth lost his adamantium ribcage
right now things are a bit ambiguous, sabretooth had his admantium before house of m but the new x-men issue show him to be sans admantium without much of an explaination as to what happened to it, if COULD be artist's interpretation but it might not be, it's a tough call.

jinzin
daredevil's done it.
wolverine did it in his first appearance, and almost did it again during 6 hours.
captain america's done it in cap/falcon 12
and luke cage has done it as well.

jinzin
Ok. All the X-fanboys need to really check out the Iron Fist respect thread.
What that thread shows, is how things REALLY are in the MU, without the terrible, sales-fuled writing for X-fans that has ruined so many of the characters. ummmm oooook... confused

Yes, people, Iron Fist can take Sabertooth. it's possible... but hella far from likely...

Yes, he man-handled Wolverine and all of the X-men. he had 1 superior showing against wolverine who was holding back, and then beat on colosus, that's not really "manhandling the x-men" erm

And, yes. He can take Sabertooth.

if he gets lucky... sure.

Horrificus
Originally posted by jinzin
ummmm oooook... confused
it's possible... but hella far from likely...
he had 1 superior showing against wolverine who was holding back, and then beat on colosus, that's not really "manhandling the x-men" erm
if he gets lucky... sure.
Um... did you actually see the scans, book or panels?
Logan was NOT holding back. End of story. He fought the X-men for almost 10 pages. That isn't a quick fight, or something left open-ended for the readers interpretation.
Each time one came at him, he clobbered them.
EVERYTIME Logan came at him, WITH HIS CLAWS, he got his hairy arse handed to him.
And, my point about X-fans needing to read the scans, is because there was a time when all the hype, and super histories, and incredible feats were kept down to a tolerable level.
The X titles used to be a totally different animal. They were underdogs -ith mutant abilites. They weren't God-like, as they are written now.
Part of the coolness that went with reading their books, came from actually worrying about them. They were vulnerable. They used to win by being a team.
Now, all the X-men sit around playing cards, and joking about who beat Hulk, or Wendigo or the Silver Surfer the fastest!
Terrible.
There was a time when the characters were well written. The writers didn't just chalk up a win to an instant increase in power. They relied on skill and story and characters and creativity.
Daredevil once beat the Avengers, with SKILL.
Iron Fist was beating the X-Men with SKILL.
Yukio's old father beat Logan almost to death with SKILL and a wooden sword!
Drax and Captain Marvell were threats to Thanos, and they had class 40 strength!

rotiart
Logan was NOT holding back. End of story. He fought the X-men for almost 10 pages. That isn't a quick fight, or something left open-ended for the readers interpretation.
EVERYTIME Logan came at him, WITH HIS CLAWS, he got his hairy arse handed to him.
And, my point about X-fans needing to read the scans, is because there was a time when all the hype, and super histories, and incredible feats were kept down to a tolerable level.
The X titles used to be a totally different animal. They were underdogs -ith mutant abilites. They weren't God-like, as they are written now.
Part of the coolness that went with reading their books, came from actually worrying about them. They were vulnerable. They used to win by being a team.
Now, all the X-men sit around playing cards, and joking about who beat Hulk, or Wendigo or the Silver Surfer the fastest!
Terrible.
There was a time when the characters were well written. The writers didn't just chalk up a win to an instant increase in power. They relied on skill and story and characters and creativity.
Drax and Captain Marvell were threats to Thanos, and they had class 40 strength!

Comics are like an RPG. When they start, you worry about fighting the kobold in the corner... and the first time you cast a summon spell you gasp at the CGI. Once you hit level 25, you hit that stride where you feel on top of the world. But when you hit levels 50+ even the toughest of monsters in the game have a tough time dealing with your relative power set. That's whats happened to comics, the characters have gotten so powerful over time, that now its pretty much all that matters. Strategy and skill got tossed out the window (unless you're Captain America or Batman I guess...)

And yah... someone was saying that the black panther comics are not cannon, the ones with bp beating up current sabretooth. Can someone explain why? I thought the bp comic involving that was cannon. So I may be misinformed as I have only read that one, and the one where mephisto got beat up. Are both of those noncannnon?

bigbran
I'm trying to grasp that as well.
Didn't it happen in Cival War (the BP pawning Sabes)?

Zahit
Terrible.

aaahhh....the GOOD old days of Marvel......When EVERY book was...
....well written....CONSISTENT....good continuity....ON TIME.....
....and rarely a NO-PRIZE given or warranted.....

drunk

jinzin
Logan was NOT holding back. End of story. no it's not the end of the story... logan was sitting there letting danny punch him in the face talking about how he was wasting his time.. wolverine who's even only half not holding back doesn't have the capacity to smile, nor make human conversation (like he was doing) he was clearly holding back in that fight... case in point:
iron fist has had 2 chances to prove himself against spiderman, and failed utterly both times, once was even with prep....
wolverine's koed spidey and proven superior to him on a number of occasions.

IF and shang chi are argueably equals in skill wolverine punked him out in 2 pages without trying.

IF had problems with a human sabretooth, wolverine's taken out the enhanced admantiumized version WITHOUT A DAMNED healing factor.

IF got absolutely WRECKED in "fist of the kun lun", wolverine ended up nearly killing the guy that did it.

wolverine was clearly holding back, you can't deny that unless you know jack shit about wolverine and what he's really like.

Terrible.

so basically your upset that the x-men are doing now what older characters were doing comparatively in the past... pfffft...

actually he used poision and cheating.... (for someone that's talking about reading the books.)

jinzin
And yah... someone was saying that the black panther comics are not cannon, the ones with bp beating up current sabretooth. Can someone explain why? that fight happened during the house of m, the historical continuity that unfolded in HOM is NOT the same as the canonical timeline represented in 616, otherwise sabretooth would be dead.. erm

bigbran
that fight happened during the house of m, the historical continuity that unfolded in HOM is NOT the same as the canonical timeline represented in 616, otherwise sabretooth would be dead.. erm I thought it happened during Cival War.

rotiart
that fight happened during the house of m, the historical continuity that unfolded in HOM is NOT the same as the canonical timeline represented in 616, otherwise sabretooth would be dead.. erm

Bah. I don't think I realized that Black Panther was set during HOM.

You win. I basically got smoked in this thread smokin'

grey fox
If Iron Fist was having problems with the Old Creed then current Sabes guts the poor bastard.

Daredevil1
Co-sign

jinzin
I thought it happened during Cival War. IF they have fought during civil war I don't know about it.... got scans?Originally posted by rotiart
Bah. I don't think I realized that Black Panther was set during HOM.

You win. I basically got smoked in this thread smokin' lol, sorry to hear that.

Originally posted by grey fox
If Iron Fist was having problems with the Old Creed then current Sabes guts the poor bastard. co-sign.

bigbran
IF they have fought during civil war I don't know about it.... got scans? The one where BP cut his head off?
I think that is what we are all talking about.

rotiart
Thats the one I'm thinking of too.

jinzin
The one where BP cut his head off?
I think that is what we are all talking about. Originally posted by rotiart
Thats the one I'm thinking of too.

then yeah, that happened during the house of m story arch NOT civil war.

rotiart
just did a google search on "black panther sabretooth" I guess i forgot the storyline. big grin

oh well.

jinzin
just did a google search on "black panther sabretooth" I guess i forgot the storyline. big grin

oh well. lol it happens. stick out tongue

Horrificus
We must not be reading the same books. Logan kept saying he was gonna cut Danny to pieces, and he kept going for him with his claws. I think you are seeing him get hit in the face, and telling yourself that he must be letting IF do it. There is no evidence of it, and no statements saying it. When somebody uses that arguement, they usually have a statement or some evidence to prove it. They don't just blurt out "He is letting him do it!" like some kind of Terets-Stricken-loon!
Logan smiling? Evidence? Dude, back then, Logan was always smiling during fights, and was written to be totally insane, not like how they write him today as the "Brooding Hero".
No evidence? It didn't happen. Period.
I also did not see an "Utter Failure" in the Spiderman Fight.
I have sen Logan KO Spidey, but not prove superior on a number of occassions. Again, I don't know what you are referring to. I have seen Spidey handle Logan on a number of occassions.
Wolverine beating shang chi, human sabretooth, and enhanced admantiumized version WITHOUT A DAMNED healing factor.
Don't care. Logan is a garbage character.
"wolverine was clearly holding back, you can't deny that unless you know jack shit about wolverine and what he's really like."
I have been reading Logan since he first showed up on the scene. But, thanks for sounding like a big ass. "
"so basically your upset that the x-men are doing now what older characters were doing comparatively in the past... pfffft... "
I'm saying that not every character should be writtent to be an instant winner. That is sucky writing, and it makes it hard to actually worry about the characters. The X-men were writtent o be underdogs that you rooted for. Not a bunch of "Omega/Gods".
The Old Man Cheated and used Poison? Wow! Against the guy that, now, can take hits from Cosmic Class characters, be disintegrated and "Heal" HAhahaha!, and is constantly described as being immune to ALL Toxins? Whatever.

Mace Skywalker
Wow, resorting to name calling? I really dont think its that serious, chief. Grow up.

jinzin
We must not be reading the same books. Logan kept saying he was gonna cut Danny to pieces, and he kept going for him with his claws. I think you are seeing him get hit in the face, and telling yourself that he must be letting IF do it. There is no evidence of it, and no statements saying it. When somebody uses that arguement, they usually have a statement or some evidence to prove it. They don't just blurt out "He is letting him do it!" like some kind of Terets-Stricken-loon! Logan smiling? Evidence? Dude, back then, Logan was always smiling during fights, and was written to be totally insane, not like how they write him today as the "Brooding Hero".
they don't have to blurt it out, they're giving the reader the benefit of the doubt to piece it together on their own, considering, oh i dunno.. ALL of the characters' other showings. logan saying he's going to cut someone doesn't imply he's using even 10 percent of his skill, speed or power.. he's sliced people up while doing the tango... LITERALLY.. saying he's going to cut danny to peices doesn't imply he wasn't holding back...
and yes smiling is a huge that he was taking that fight lightly.... you ever see what happens when wolverine actually gets mad?
when he can't hear the sounds of other human voices over his own howling? when his mind recedes to that of a killer berserker ape while fully capible of making complex battle strategies? he doesn't smile, he doesn't sit there talking to his opponent telling them they're wasting their time.

No evidence? It didn't happen. Period. not period, that's exactly what happened.

I also did not see an "Utter Failure" in the Spiderman Fight. he had prep, and homefield advantage, AND STILL got clobbered... that's pretty terrible failure if you ask me..

I have sen Logan KO Spidey, but not prove superior on a number of occassions. Again, I don't know what you are referring to. I have seen Spidey handle Logan on a number of occassions. not in a fight you haven't.. in fights, logans scored a KO, scored a winning position in what spiderman HOPED was a stalemate, scored multiple hits on spidey and made him look like a chump, and dropped him with a kick to the nutsac... while ironfist has... lost..twice.. so much for that.

Wolverine beating shang chi, human sabretooth, and enhanced admantiumized version WITHOUT A DAMNED healing factor.
Don't care. Logan is a garbage character..

"boo-hoo, i don't like it, it didn't happen"

"wolverine was clearly holding back, you can't deny that unless you know jack shit about wolverine and what he's really like."
I have been reading Logan since he first showed up on the scene.
and yet you think he wasn't holding back there? What the f**k?

But, thanks for sounding like a big ass. " says the man who has to resort to name calling. roll eyes (sarcastic)
"so basically your upset that the x-men are doing now what older

characters were doing comparatively in the past... pfffft... "
I'm saying that not every character should be writtent to be an instant winner. That is sucky writing, and it makes it hard to actually worry about the characters. The X-men were writtent o be underdogs that you rooted for. Not a bunch of "Omega/Gods". they were all a bunch of inexperienced kids in the past, should they not grow stronger from getting older and more experienced with their powers?

The Old Man Cheated and used Poison? Wow! Against the guy that, now, can take hits from Cosmic Class characters, be disintegrated and "Heal" HAhahaha!, and is constantly described as being immune to ALL Toxins? Whatever. he isn't immune to all toxins, where has that been stated? he's always had a pretty aweful weakness to poisions, the only time he showed otherwise was during his bone claw years when his HF was kicked into overdrive. but yeah, shingen DID use cheating and poision to beat logan not skill like you previously assumed.

Tha C-Master
Comics are like an RPG. When they start, you worry about fighting the kobold in the corner... and the first time you cast a summon spell you gasp at the CGI. Once you hit level 25, you hit that stride where you feel on top of the world. But when you hit levels 50+ even the toughest of monsters in the game have a tough time dealing with your relative power set. That's whats happened to comics, the characters have gotten so powerful over time, that now its pretty much all that matters. Strategy and skill got tossed out the window (unless you're Captain America or Batman I guess...)

I know that dilemma... I just installed a Tactics Mod because of it. smile *sigh* The good ol BG one days before you were straddling the world... smile

guy222
danny

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.