Sentry vs. Thor in HTH

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kutulu
Thor doesn't have his hammer, adamantium cage match (just wrestling, punches, etc), Thor will not revert to a human in this instance (full thunder god in all his glory).

Submission holds are allowed, basically this would be a UFC style grappling / strikes type match. Thor starts off in warrior madness, so brings his full power set to the table (but doesn't have a power gem).

Galan777
Sentry has done nothing that leads me to believe that he could beat Thor H2H....

IMO Thor takes this 7-8/10

Validus
Sentry takes it. Just for being a general top tier Superman type against a guy who can't even fly should give him all the advantage he needs. The UFC type rules might save Thor I suppose.

Howard_Jones
Slugfest then, basically. Is there any indication that Sentry has superior fighting skills when it comes to Thor?

Soujaboy
Thor takes the majority...

Validus
Originally posted by Howard_Jones
Slugfest then, basically. Is there any indication that Sentry has superior fighting skills when it comes to Thor?
Sentry has practically zero skills.

I still take him for the win if he uses his speed.

BlaqChaos
They brake the cage.

Soujaboy
Originally posted by Validus
Sentry has practically zero skills.

I still take him for the win if he uses his speed.

How fast is Sentry?

Validus
Faster than Thor who everyone knows isn't fast at all.

Soujaboy
Faster than Thor who everyone knows isn't fast at all.

That doesn't tell me how fast Sentry is?

Soljer
Originally posted by Soujaboy

Faster than Thor.

He flew to the sun in mere moments.

Validus
Tells you all you need to know.

Soujaboy
Tells you all you need to know.

Actually it doesn't...

Soujaboy
Originally posted by Soljer
Faster than Thor.

He flew to the sun in mere moments.

Flying speed and fighting speed are two differen't things.

Soleran
He stopped Wolverine who was fast enough to cut off Thor's arm right.

He caught Terrax's axe mid chop and broke it like a twig.

He's pretty quick.

Howard_Jones

I'll give you an estimation:

He's able to go to lightspeed or faster. Now, it never blatantly states it, considering he's not being written by a Superman writer, but if you put together the pieces, he can move at least double or triple lightspeed.

As for Thor, he's had some good speed feats himself. The only problem is that he's never written well outside of his own book. sad

bigbran
Originally posted by Howard_Jones
I'll give you an estimation:

He's able to go to lightspeed or faster. Now, it never blatantly states it, considering he's not being written by a Superman writer, but if you put together the pieces, he can move at least double or triple lightspeed.

As for Thor, he's had some good speed feats himself. The only problem is that he's never written well outside of his own book. sad And Surfer books.

What about the speed and fighting feat when he beats Loki, and Fenris, when he was unarmed, and the two had duplicates of Thor's hammer.

Plus, this Thor is Warrior Madness.

rotiart
In pure HTH... it goes to Thor, as Thor has shown how aggressive he gets during his warrior madness and berserker rages...

In a regular fight... I'd say Sentry... as he can emit energy from his entire body... ie against the inhumans, which knocked even gorgan out...

He "wiped" out all of the memories of everyone on earth...

He broke Terrax's axe.. something that isn't supposed to be doable...

In HTH i give it to Thor
As far as powersets shown go... If Sentry really used his supposed potential, he takes it. barely.

Soleran
Sentry has nicer hair, he wins and gives Thor hair techniques!

Howard_Jones
Originally posted by bigbran
And Surfer books.

What about the speed and fighting feat when he beats Loki, and Fenris, when he was unarmed, and the two had duplicates of Thor's hammer.

Plus, this Thor is Warrior Madness.

WITH THE POWER GEM?!

Overkill.

guy222
thor

gogogadgetgo
thor should win this hands down

b'sides, sentry's fighting speed aint that fast, probably just as fast as wwh
stick out tongue

llagrok
Sentry

Priest
I'm gonna go with Sentry on this based on the WWH fight IMO.

llagrok
Originally posted by Priest
I'm gonna go with Sentry on this based on the WWH fight IMO.

Really?

Based on just that fight, I would probably give it to Thor.

Larceny
Thor easily.

cmack
this benefits thor, he has much more experience in straight up h2h, and sentry cant run away or make use of his flying

redhotrash
Sentry's fighting speed hasnt been proven. Hes been hit by Ultron and a big green brawler. Thor yolks him up and chokes him out.

Grinning Goku
Thor easily.

Acrosurge
Thor takes this. It is HtH in a cage. Even if Sentry's fighting speeds were faster, he really has nowhere to go. Thor walks all over him, and eventually makes him submit.

quanchi112
Sentry wins. Thor relies on his hammer way to much to beat Sentry without it. Thor got punked by a regular Hulk without his hammer.

CaptainStoic
Lots of people are discounting the fact that Bob is an amnesiac. The guy has yet to tap the full potential of his powers because his memory is foggy. If Marvel says that he stalemated Galactus in his past then he did, it's all pretty simple. Marvel used Spiderman as an eye witness, and a voice to say he did.

If Reed Richards, Thanos, or Professor Xavier were the one, or ones to say that Sentry accomplished what Superman, or the Silver Surfer could not, would it be more authentic? It most likely would be.

Does anyone remember what issue of the Avengers that it was when the combined might of Namor, FF, Dr. Strange, The Inhumans, The XMen, and The Avengers themselves could not contain the beast that Bob manifested from his subconcious mind?

There was a time that Superman hopped around like the Hulk because he could not fly or use heat ray vision. The Sentry need a little time to grow mentally and whenn this happens, I'm sure that he will bee able to tap into his power and become far more powerful than he has been shown to be recently. Yea the hulk busted him open, but Doomsday busted Superman open as well, the artists renditions were just a little different that's all. For now Thor will win the Majority, but I doubt that it will remain this way forever.

Thor 8/10 FTW.... for now.

Mindset
Originally posted by CaptainStoic
Lots of people are discounting the fact that Bob is an amnesiac. The guy has yet to tap the full potential of his powers because his memory is foggy. If Marvel says that he stalemated Galactus in his past then he did, it's all pretty simple. Marvel used Spiderman as an eye witness, and a voice to say he did.

If Reed Richards, Thanos, or Professor Xavier were the one, or ones to say that Sentry accomplished what Superman, or the Silver Surfer could not, would it be more authentic? It most likely would be.

Does anyone remember what issue of the Avengers that it was when the combined might of Namor, FF, Dr. Strange, The Inhumans, The XMen, and The Avengers themselves could not contain the beast that Bob manifested from his subconcious mind?

There was a time that Superman hopped around like the Hulk because he could not fly or use heat ray vision. The Sentry need a little time to grow mentally and whenn this happens, I'm sure that he will bee able to tap into his power and become far more powerful than he has been shown to be recently. Yea the hulk busted him open, but Doomsday busted Superman open as well, the artists renditions were just a little different that's all. For now Thor will win the Majority, but I doubt that it will remain this way forever.

Thor 8/10 FTW.... for now.

The void

CaptainStoic
Originally posted by Mindset
The void

Sentry is a schizophrenic he and the Void are one. Give it some time, I'm almost certain that Sentry is not at his peak yet.

Mindset
I'm saying you were talking about the void.

And it happened in the Sentry mini

CaptainStoic
I know you are, and yes it did. But when the Void/Sentry could not be stopped on the physical level or even phased by those teams, it was in an Avenger comic if i'm not mistaken.

Mindset
No, it all happened in the Sentry mini, unless they added the Avengers issue to the tpb.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.