this character runs the gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

lando005
alright going off of the last thread i put this character in he did fairly well so i wanted to try some more things with him.. a nice change of pace

ALPHA OMEGA
powers and abilities: flight, class 100+ strength which can increase with concentration, weather manipulation, intangibility, telekinetic also class 100+, telepathic, temp control including heat and cold projection, invulnerability, super speed, adaptive healing factor, optical blasts, power leaching, teleportation,element control, electormagnatism, transmutation, energy projection, and finally a decay touch...

the gauntlet

1. abamination, classic juggs

2. wonder woman, statesman

3. gladiator, sentry

4. captain marvel(dc), black adam

5. doomsday, hulk

6. destroyer armor(powered by mastero), mangog

7.superman, thor

lando005
bump!!

rotiart
He loses at 7. Noone beats Superman's jobber aura. Noone. Clark dials it up to 12 for the win.

NiņoAraņa
actually..he goes all the way..i mean, look at that power line up eek!

lando005

Metalmanx
Originally posted by lando005
alright going off of the last thread i put this character in he did fairly well so i wanted to try some more things with him.. a nice change of pace

ALPHA OMEGA
powers and abilities: flight, class 100+ strength which can increase with concentration, weather manipulation, intangibility, telekinetic also class 100+, telepathic, temp control including heat and cold projection, invulnerability, super speed, adaptive healing factor, optical blasts, power leaching, teleportation,element control, electormagnatism, transmutation, energy projection, and finally a decay touch...

the gauntlet

1. abamination, classic juggs

2. wonder woman, statesman

3. gladiator, sentry

4. captain marvel(dc), black adam

5. doomsday, hulk

6. destroyer armor(powered by mastero), mangog

7.superman, thor

No offense, but I can't see him beating Classic Juggernaut.

batdude123

Howard_Jones
Gets to 1. big grin

lando005
Originally posted by batdude123
Wow.... pretty much nothing Thor can't do.

He gets owned at 7, probably before. sooo thor is telepathic, has optical blasts, and has a death touch?

lando005
Originally posted by Metalmanx
No offense, but I can't see him beating Classic Juggernaut. none taken i'm really trying to size him up and see how he would fair although i think he can get past classic jugs

Newjak
Depends if Juggs puts up the forcefield so he cann't get the helmet off.

rotiart

NiņoAraņa
Originally posted by rotiart
It doesn't say he has a jobber aura though...

Jobber aura always wins... I mean wtf, look at wolverine! laughing Wolvie=the ulimate exception

lando005
jobber is OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rotiart
jobber is OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dr. Strange Wins.

Deus Ex Machina.

He is the 'God of the Machine'

lando005
Dr. Strange Wins.

Deus Ex Machina.

He is the 'God of the Machine' stick to the line up

bigbran
6. is the most powerful there.
He probably gets stopped at 3 and up.
Don't know about Doomsday and Hulk though.

batdude123
sooo thor is telepathic, has optical blasts, and has a death touch?

Give or take a few powers. Don't act like this guy of yours is anything special compared to Thor.

Thor has dozens upon dozens of other powers granted to him by Mjolnir.

Does this guy have anti-matter blasts, god blasts, the ability to steal souls, energy absorbtion, etc. ?

Nope, doesn't look like it.

lando005
Give or take a few powers. Don't act like this guy of yours is anything special compared to Thor.

Thor has dozens upon dozens of other powers granted to him by Mjolnir.

Does this guy have anti-matter blasts, god blasts, the ability to steal souls, energy absorbtion, etc. ?

Nope, doesn't look like it. he does have energy blasts and absorbsion plus a whole lot more i really don't see thor beating him by himself

rotiart

CaptainSpiderBats wins.

lando005
hmmm captain spider-bat.... got's a ring to it

lando005
what if he were to go through a superteam gauntlet

batdude123
he does have energy blasts and absorbsion plus a whole lot more i really don't see thor beating him by himself

Energy blasts don't = the God blast.

You said power leaching. That's not the same thing as energy absorbtion.

Thor's also got a whole lot more powers too. He's about 5x more versatile than this guy that you made up.

Alpha Omega + Thor = A.O. has NO chance.

That is all...

lando005
Energy blasts don't = the God blast.

You said power leaching. That's not the same thing as energy absorbtion.

Thor's also got a whole lot more powers too. He's about 5x more versatile than this guy that you made up.

Alpha Omega + Thor = A.O. has NO chance.

That is all... tell me what the hell do you think power leeching and energy manipulation is? he may not have a god blast but i think the other powers he has more than makes up for it and thor is not as versital as this guy is i dont know where your getting this 5x more versitile stuff from even pulling out his less used abilities like shrinking his opponents this guy can still do more than thor and he doesnt need a hammer to do anything either

rotiart
This is what I see:

A made up character based on nothing. Noone. Nada. Zip. Zilch. Zero. You didn't even have the base intelligence of a newt to say, its captain america with all these powers... or batman with all those powers... you said... fight this guy...

Well nice bias claim that your guy wins, but as he has no skill base. Your guy could be a half month toddler with all those powers. And at that age, even the current shadowcat could phase in and kill him.

BobbyD
Originally posted by Howard_Jones
Gets to 1. big grin

laughing

batdude123
tell me what the hell do you think power leeching and energy manipulation is? he may not have a god blast but i think the other powers he has more than makes up for it and thor is not as versital as this guy is i dont know where your getting this 5x more versitile stuff from even pulling out his less used abilities like shrinking his opponents this guy can still do more than thor and he doesnt need a hammer to do anything either

hysterical2 crylaugh

That's all that needs to be said about this post.

Soljer
T-Vo for the win. shifty

rotiart
Jobber Aura every time. big grin

lando005
This is what I see:

A made up character based on nothing. Noone. Nada. Zip. Zilch. Zero. You didn't even have the base intelligence of a newt to say, its captain america with all these powers... or batman with all those powers... you said... fight this guy...

Well nice bias claim that your guy wins, but as he has no skill base. Your guy could be a half month toddler with all those powers. And at that age, even the current shadowcat could phase in and kill him. bias claim? did i say anything about him winning? i just wanted to see how a character like this would fair last time i put him up in a post i got some intresting feedback so i decided to try this out i dont care if he wins or looses and yes i made him up so what you can still make a god judgment call off of his powerset i dont have to spell out every detail as to say he's not as dumb as rhino or anything you should be smart enough to fill in the gaps and come up with an answer. or maybe you are so stuck in the same old marvel vs dc rut that you cant come up with a good idea of what a guy like this could do if he's not printed in a monthly comic let along come up with some new ideas around here

lando005
hysterical2 crylaugh

That's all that needs to be said about this post. humor me list all of thor's abilities and list a link of where u got them otherwise shut it

rotiart
bias claim? did i say anything about him winning? i just wanted to see how a character like this would fair last time i put him up in a post i got some intresting feedback so i decided to try this out i dont care if he wins or looses and yes i made him up so what you can still make a god judgment call off of his powerset i dont have to spell out every detail as to say he's not as dumb as rhino or anything you should be smart enough to fill in the gaps and come up with an answer. or maybe you are so stuck in the same old marvel vs dc rut that you cant come up with a good idea of what a guy like this could do if he's not printed in a monthly comic let along come up with some new ideas around here

I'm about to step all over you.

My little Marvel vs. DC rut? Are you frigging insane. I tried to bring in characters like Grifter, Zealot, Maul, Caitlyn Fairchild, You know... Image/Wildstorm characters...

As far as filling in the blanks. You are an idiot. There are plenty of people in marvel and dc with incredible powersets that do nothing with it, and then there are people like batman, mr. terrific, Dr. Doom, who through sheer skill and intelligence have rocked the Kasbah.

And as for your, if its not printed in a monthly comic bs comment. Theres a reason why we use characters in continuity only... so there are no PIS, CIS revelations... or merely... characters like the one your brought up.

IE. Captain America Steve Rogers vs. US Agent John Walker.
Same powerset, except that John is more durable, and stronger...

but caps intelligence, skills wins him the fight every time.. .and not in a small matter. Curbstomps.

I take it back, You're not a newt. You're the sludge beneath the newt's foot.

batdude123
humor me list all of thor's abilities and list a link of where u got them otherwise shut it

I shouldn't have to 'cause any idiot who knows anything about comics knows that Thor is more versatile than the character you posted.

rotiart
humor me list all of thor's abilities and list a link of where u got them otherwise shut it

Thors Feats
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f95/t369118.html

I showed you mine, now you show me yours.
Please provide a link to your feats now

Oh wait. You can't.

Tshern
Thors Feats
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f95/t369118.html

I showed you mine, now you show me yours.
Please provide a link to your feats now

Oh wait. You can't.
I'll add something, hope it's alright.
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=369118&perpage=20&highlight=&pagenumber=4
That link should get you straight to the list of Thor's abilities. Cheers.

rotiart
Wow Someone knows their Thor.

Tshern
Wow Someone knows their Thor.
Tell me about it, gotta respect effort like that.

Soljer
Originally posted by Tshern
I'll add something, hope it's alright.
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=369118&perpage=20&highlight=&pagenumber=4
That link should get you straight to the list of Thor's abilities. Cheers.

Credit where credit is due:

http://www.comicboards.com/thor/view.php?trd=040224214306&q=oliv

lando005
I'm about to step all over you.

My little Marvel vs. DC rut? Are you frigging insane. I tried to bring in characters like Grifter, Zealot, Maul, Caitlyn Fairchild, You know... Image/Wildstorm characters...

As far as filling in the blanks. You are an idiot. There are plenty of people in marvel and dc with incredible powersets that do nothing with it, and then there are people like batman, mr. terrific, Dr. Doom, who through sheer skill and intelligence have rocked the Kasbah.

And as for your, if its not printed in a monthly comic bs comment. Theres a reason why we use characters in continuity only... so there are no PIS, CIS revelations... or merely... characters like the one your brought up.

IE. Captain America Steve Rogers vs. US Agent John Walker.
Same powerset, except that John is more durable, and stronger...

but caps intelligence, skills wins him the fight every time.. .and not in a small matter. Curbstomps.

I take it back, You're not a newt. You're the sludge beneath the newt's foot.
i try to bring a little variaty here and this is the thanks i get? i'm going to give you a free be and ignore your petty name calling before i get mad.... look plain out and simple what you say is true power doesn't always mean everything. Now i take it that for the very observation that you are on this forum that you do read and are a fan of comics naturally you should have a fairly good idea of how some powers and abilities work with and against eachother. so taking that common knowledge that i assume you have and giving this opponent the appropriote average skill level and fighting ability for someone of this powerset to the best of you knowledge how do you belive he would fair..... now i have answered this calmly and rationally in an attempt to be the bigger man here i have been taunted and scorned called a newt and why? because i wanted to liven things up a bit. No booing or namecalling was ask or required here just an oppinion so in an attempt to turn the other cheek AGAIN i ask both you and batdude to spare the rest of your hateful comments and just simply give your honest thoughts of the fight

rotiart
Wow... that Olivia person knows his/her Thor.

Tshern
Originally posted by Soljer

http://www.comicboards.com/thor/view.php?trd=040224214306&q=oliv
Thanks for correcting me, didn't know it was originally from there. Respect to them anyways.

batdude123
i try to bring a little variaty here and this is the thanks i get? i'm going to give you a free be and ignore your petty name calling before i get mad.... look plain out and simple what you say is true power doesn't always mean everything. Now i take it that for the very observation that you are on this forum that you do read and are a fan of comics naturally you should have a fairly good idea of how some powers and abilities work with and against eachother. so taking that common knowledge that i assume you have and giving this opponent the appropriote average skill level and fighting ability for someone of this powerset to the best of you knowledge how do you belive he would fair..... now i have answered this calmly and rationally in an attempt to be the bigger man here i have been taunted and scorned called a newt and why? because i wanted to liven things up a bit. No booing or namecalling was ask or required here just an oppinion so in an attempt to turn the other cheek AGAIN i ask both you and batdude to spare the rest of your hateful comments and just simply give your honest thoughts of the fight

I have, and this guy would get trashed before he could even get to Superman/Thor.

rotiart

variety would be if you actually used "real" characters... instead of making up something without any kind of basis. And odds are you're guy would either get stalemated at classic juggernaut, not being able to win the fight, or he'd find that superman beats him.

As for your assumption of "skill" Hal Jordan went insane and beat the crap out of several other "skilled" GL's on his own. Superman has always been "superman" but learned over time several tricks from flash that he didn't know... learned a few skills from wonder woman and a few from mongul.... and now he's even more badass than ever.

rotiart
I have, and this guy would get trashed before he could even get to Superman/Thor. cool Sounds right to me. Your guy does NOT clear the list.

lando005
variety would be if you actually used "real" characters... instead of making up something without any kind of basis. And odds are you're guy would either get stalemated at classic juggernaut, not being able to win the fight, or he'd find that superman beats him.

As for your assumption of "skill" Hal Jordan went insane and beat the crap out of several other "skilled" GL's on his own. Superman has always been "superman" but learned over time several tricks from flash that he didn't know... learned a few skills from wonder woman and a few from mongul.... and now he's even more badass than ever. variety is being creative with your approch to a situation i was being creative and decided instead of useing the same characters over and over again i though i would rely on everyones basic ideas of diffrent powers and abilities and create a new one,
as for the skill thing that's why i said average skill level but i guess it was my mistake for not spelling it all out for everyone at the beginning of the thread i thought everybody would be able to catch on

lando005

http://www.comicboards.com/thor/view.php?trd=040224214306&q=oliv by the way could we get some official listings here not that there is anything wrong with this one but official listings should be used

rotiart
by the way could we get some official listings here not that there is anything wrong with this one but official listings should be used

You're asking for official listings when your guy comes out of thin air??????

laughing laughing laughing
Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance
mad mad mad

rotiart
If this is your character... this is mine..

My guy:
Mary Wanna
Powers: Any person with intent to harm Mary becomes suddenly delirious high, with thoughts of grandeur. For half an hour the assailant can do nothing other than burst into stoppable fits of the giggles. After that time the assailant develops a ravenous hunger, and in the middle of the night, will seek out the nearest all night pancake house. After eating until they are content, the assailant will rush home to go to sleep, automatically forfeiting the fight.

I win you lose. And my guy, inventiveness and powerset? > 100x your guy.

big grin

lando005
You're asking for official listings when you're guy comes out of thin air??????

laughing laughing laughing
Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance
mad mad mad did you even bother to read the quote? i'm getting real sick and tired of the whole your guy comes out of thin air crap yes we all know this do you see me making up feats for the guy? no the reason why i asked for an official listing is of personal perfrence i like using official sources nothing more so please drop it with the "you just made up a character you are a moron" comments i know perfectly well what AO is i'm not hiding that fact and i'm not bluffing anybody and i'm pretty sure if you hate this thread so much you can search around and find worse one out there than this

Soljer
did you even bother to read the quote? i'm getting real sick and tired of the whole your guy comes out of thin air crap yes we all know this do you see me making up feats for the guy? no the reason why i asked for an official listing is of personal perfrence i like using official sources nothing more so please drop it with the "you just made up a character you are a moron" comments i know perfectly well what AO is i'm not hiding that fact and i'm not bluffing anybody and i'm pretty sure if you hate this thread so much you can search around and find worse one out there than this

It listed issue numbers.

That's as official as you can get.

rotiart
It listed issue numbers.

That's as official as you can get.

He doesn't like the fact that his guy is getting owned.

And yah, with that many issues.. .jesus..

lando005
If this is your character... this is mine..

My guy:
Mary Wanna
Powers: Any person with intent to harm Mary becomes suddenly delirious high, with thoughts of grandeur. For half an hour the assailant can do nothing other than burst into stoppable fits of the giggles. After that time the assailant develops a ravenous hunger, and in the middle of the night, will seek out the nearest all night pancake house. After eating until they are content, the assailant will rush home to go to sleep, automatically forfeiting the fight.

I win you lose. And my guy, inventiveness and powerset? > 100x your guy.

big grin see this is what i mean by unnessasaery disrespectful childish behavior boy you really showed me boo hoo hoo

lando005
It listed issue numbers.

That's as official as you can get. i can see that i'm not blind however people do like to call pis some times sayin that some of them may have been a plot device or something an official list would squash all of that back talk and that's why i like using official listings

rotiart
i can see that i'm not blind however people do like to call pis some times sayin that some of them may have been a plot device or something an official list would squash all of that back talk and that's why i like using official listings

You really have no idea what you're talking about at this point, do you.

lando005
You really have no idea what you're talking about at this point, do you. just shut up i tried being nice and yet you still continue to badger me, first off did i even say that i didnt like that link? no i said there was nothing wrong with it i just prefer to deal with official sources, and my post above explained why i deal with official sources no w is there anything else you want me to breakdown and explain or are you able to understand the rest on your own

rotiart
just shut up i tried being nice and yet you still continue to badger me, first off did i even say that i didnt like that link? no i said there was nothing wrong with it i just prefer to deal with official sources, and my post above explained why i deal with official sources no w is there anything else you want me to breakdown and explain or are you able to understand the rest on your own

nice? nice? you created a thread with a monster of a character and act like hes all that. and when you speak in a condescending manner... then yes its obvious you don't like the source.

I'd like this... if only it were official...
Thor isn't that powerful... if you got proof show it...

All of your posts in this thread are condescending, trite, and ignorant of the abilities of other characters. Deal with the fact that other people provided the proof, and since you are IGNORANT of it, you act as it isn't true. The proof was given, you chose not to accept it. You gave no rational explanations other than the whining excuses of a fool. mad

Space M ummy
just shut up i tried being nice and yet you still continue to badger me, first off did i even say that i didnt like that link? no i said there was nothing wrong with it i just prefer to deal with official sources, and my post above explained why i deal with official sources no w is there anything else you want me to breakdown and explain or are you able to understand the rest on your own

Lando, what my fellow forum dwellers are attempting to explain to you is that your character (nice as he is, I'm sure) is little more than a collection of powers with no character or background to flesh him out.

Top tier heroes like captain america, batman, superman, thor, etc are far more than the sum of their parts. Some of us have been reading for DECADES, and all of these individuals have found a way to prevail against threats with powers far more than their own due to skill, wit, or strength of character.

That's what makes the forum interesting! Thinking of ways Doctor Doom could outwit the JLA, or superman could run a gauntlet of heralds is only interesting because we know them as characters and know how they would react. Give Superman's powers to Reed Richards, he's a beast who would smoke enemies that would make supes sh*t himself. Give Superman's powers to speedball, and it's a different story. See? Character is everything.

That being said, a being who's little more than a collection of random powers isn't really all that interesting to speculate about. Hell, the collective had the abilities of 90% of earth's mutants, and was stopped by the Sentry. Sentry has been stopped by Iron Man. Iron man's gotten schooled by a bottle of Jack Daniels. This gauntlet is meaningless.

lando005
nice? nice? you created a thread with a monster of a character and act like hes all that. and when you speak in a condescending manner... then yes its obvious you don't like the source.

I'd like this... if only it were official...
Thor isn't that powerful... if you got proof show it...

All of your posts in this thread are condescending, trite, and ignorant of the abilities of other characters. Deal with the fact that other people provided the proof, and since you are IGNORANT of it, you act as it isn't true. The proof was given, you chose not to accept it. You gave no rational explanations other than the whining excuses of a fool. mad acting like he's all that? has anything remotely close to sounding like "this guy can curbstomp any hero or villain he goes up against" ever been posted by me thus far? i'll admit this much thor has a lot more power than i thought he had going by that list and i obviously cant knock that or thor all i said was provide an official list as well, why? because people have gone and posted sources before that proved to have false information on it. If you were to use an official one then nobody would be able to dispute it this is not just for my sake it happens on every single thread someone post a link to a fan site that may or may not be valid and someone else says "i cant go off of that anybody could go on and edit it" THAT is the reason why i requested an official listing not because i'm afraid of my character loosing i have not been ignorant about anything here only creative you on the other hand have been ignorant by criticizing my thread, if you dont like my ideas fine i dont care go post elsewhere do dont you dare come here to my post acting like your the know all be all of how things should be done around here i can make any damn post i feel like that falls within the rules of the forum if you dont like it tough

lando005
Originally posted by Space M ummy
Lando, what my fellow forum dwellers are attempting to explain to you is that your character (nice as he is, I'm sure) is little more than a collection of powers with no character or background to flesh him out.

Top tier heroes like captain america, batman, superman, thor, etc are far more than the sum of their parts. Some of us have been reading for DECADES, and all of these individuals have found a way to prevail against threats with powers far more than their own due to skill, wit, or strength of character.

That's what makes the forum interesting! Thinking of ways Doctor Doom could outwit the JLA, or superman could run a gauntlet of heralds is only interesting because we know them as characters and know how they would react. Give Superman's powers to Reed Richards, he's a beast who would smoke enemies that would make supes sh*t himself. Give Superman's powers to speedball, and it's a different story. See? Character is everything.

That being said, a being who's little more than a collection of random powers isn't really all that interesting to speculate about. Hell, the collective had the abilities of 90% of earth's mutants, and was stopped by the Sentry. Sentry has been stopped by Iron Man. Iron man's gotten schooled by a bottle of Jack Daniels. This gauntlet is meaningless. i understand what your saying it's not like i'm going in depth and making a detailed background for the guy. this was nothing more than an experiment like you said he's a collection of powers yes and in a comic situation he probably wouldnt be that big of a threat. When i made this thread i was hoping that whoever would read it would read the guy's powers and based on that give him a average skill level to match his powers and see how far a guy like that could go how would you envision a character with thoes abilities fairing, useing the powerset i laid out and your own imagenations of how someone like that would fight thoes battles and comeing up with a winner like that. Does that seem like it's worth so much hassle? does that seem like something i should be insulted for?

rotiart
Does that seem like it's worth so much hassle? does that seem like something i should be insulted for?

Yes. If you can't see the way you've been acting, then I'll just keep pointing it out until you reread all your posts and see how someone like me interpreted you.

lando005
Yes. If you can't see the way you've been acting, then I'll just keep pointing it out until you reread all your posts and see how someone like me interpreted you. i really dont get you you say i'm taling about this guy like he's the greatest thing since sliced bread and he rules all

i clearly stated that i was mearly curious about the outcome of a match like this and that i am completely aware that i created this character however i did give you a complete powerset for him all you had to do was come up with an answer based on how u think someone with that kind of power would fight

where is my blind one sided arrogance you speak of.... the thor comment? i even stated that i was impressed with the list and that i just learned a few more things about thor, the official part? i explained the reasoning behind that and noted that it's not just about this thread but making sure noone can argue with the proof given i was trying to help your argument on that front

i am a very reasonable person and thus far i have been very sensable about this whole situation you have been the only one thus far to resort to petty insults if you dont belive me then try checking over your own posts

rotiart
No what it means is that you basically demeaned the work of another person... but i'm tired.

I never said I wasn't being angry. I felt that you were belittling others and chose to lash out at you.

lando005
No what it means is that you basically demeaned the work of another person... but i'm tired.

I never said I wasn't being angry. I felt that you were belittling others and chose to lash out at you. i never demeaned anything and i never belittled anyone either that was all you

rotiart
i never demeaned anything and i never belittled anyone either that was all you

shrug. believe what you want.

lando005
show more respect for the ideas of others

Turtlethomas
superman speedblitzez him

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.