Just copped a PS3 bundle

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ethereal
and woo hoo I must say this is the greatest, most sophisticated gaming console to date! eek! The graphics are amazing, everything is flawless. I would say in terms of consistency, from the PS1 to the -> PS2, the jump in graphics/processing power/etc from the PS2 to the PS3 was relatively higher than that. Sony really did give you a bang for your buck. People say it was overkill to put everything in it' the people who say that arent real gamers though.

Just to keep on topic, I plan to get Marvel Ultimate Alliance for it.

Darth Vicious
Congrats! People were camping out for days just to get this system.

freezedoom
Man you'd had to be a millionaire to buy one of those
''an arm and a leg'' consoles. I would never buy a PS3 if
I knew that it cost more than $600.

Grimm22
Woo! Completely out of place thread eek!

It will only seem flawless for a day or two, then you'll start nitpicking the errors with it and eventually you will realize it was pretty much not nearly as cool as you expected it to be wink

manjaro
all this means is i can now finally get a ps2, which will be dirt cheap. taking into consideration the ass loads of great games i missed out on

Grinning Goku
Originally posted by manjaro
all this means is i can now finally get a ps2, which will be dirt cheap. taking into consideration the ass loads of great games i missed out on

Smart man, smart man. yes

DarkCrawler
http://www.ctrlaltdel-online.com/comics/20061117.jpg

I have to wait for 2007 to get this...damn Europe delay. sad

Howard_Jones
I plan on getting one down the line. Probably not getting the Wii for a while, because I just don't care about it.

Darth Vicious
Originally posted by Howard_Jones
I plan on getting one down the line. Probably not getting the Wii for a while, because I just don't care about it.

Im getting the Wii hopefully this weekend, I hope the focus is just in the PS3 so they leave a few Nintendos around big grin . Ill get the PS3 down the line, I wanna see if it has any bugs like the 360 when it first came out. Im not in a rush to get it, the only game I really look forward too is the new Metal Gear.

marvelprince
Did you guys hear that a college student waiting in line at a Best Buy sold his spot for $3000 to a guy wanting to get a PS3? Unbelievable

DarkCrawler
That's nothing, some guy has preordered it and sold it in Ebay for 10100 dollars...

And as we Finns are so goddamn rich, I need to buy PS3 and games for $1000 bucks together. Everything costs like 20-40% here. mad

Grimm22
Did you guys hear? Sombody shot someone at a Wal-Mart this morning over a PS3! eek!

Either way, everyone is going to only say good things about PS3 for a week then, next week people will start making complaints and whatnot, the same thing that happened with the 360

Then again Sony refused to learn from Microsoft's launch mistakes

Turtlethomas
sony are some idiots. theyre fantasyless and have no taste for modern evolution in gameplay, and focuses too much on graphics. even through this is the first time sony beats nintendo graphicswise in a homeconsole

Turtlethomas
in others words:
get wiismile

Grimm22
I'm going in for a job interview at EB Games today, I may work on sunday if I get hired

If I do, I hope I get to make some nintendo fanboys cry laughing

Juntai
I'm getting Wii.

Juntai
Originally posted by Turtlethomas
sony are some idiots. theyre fantasyless and have no taste for modern evolution in gameplay, and focuses too much on graphics. even through this is the first time sony beats nintendo graphicswise in a homeconsole First time they beat anyone graphically, really. lol.
Sony's biggest strength is isn't really of their own at all, it's the third party titles.

Grimm22
Here's the Shooting Story

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,230182,00.html

marvelprince
Amazing. Shot while wating for PS3. Bet the first thought on his mind was "Did someone take my space?".

Way to go with your interview Grimm, but I thought you worked in real estate. Looking for a new career path?

Grimm22
Originally posted by marvelprince
Amazing. Shot while wating for PS3. Bet the first thought on his mind was "Did someone take my space?".

Way to go with your interview Grimm, but I thought you worked in real estate. Looking for a new career path?

Real Estate?!? eer

Dude, i'm in high school laughing

Turtlethomas
juntai, its good to know that at least you know itsmile they sucks, really...

DarkCrawler
Sony sucks.

Playstation 3 doesn't. No amount of console fanboyness can really change it.

marvelprince
Originally posted by Grimm22
Real Estate?!? eer

Dude, i'm in high school laughing

laughing I got you confused with someone else. My bad. Good luck with your interview though

Validus
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
Sony sucks.

thumb up

I don't see why everyone has such a hard on for company politics. It's not as if you own stock or anything. All I know is theres about a dozen must own (IMO) PS3 games coming in 2007. Wouldn't really care to own one now though.

Juntai
Originally posted by Validus
thumb up

I don't see why everyone has such a hard on for company politics. It's not as if you own stock or anything. All I know is theres about a dozen must own (IMO) PS3 games coming in 2007. Wouldn't really care to own one now though. Yep. I'll be picking up a PS3 sometime down the road, when they starting putting out the really good software, and hopefully have a few "Greatest Hits" titles.
Until then, I have my PC which produced graphics equal to it anyways, plus I'll have Wii, and the as of now "last gen" consoles.

I see Nintendo is pushing to have over 60 titles out before Christmas, including a lot of heavy hitters, Legend of Zelda probably leading the charge.. Should be good.

Ethereal
I needed a PS3. AS of now my PS2 doesnt read DVD's or PS1 games. I can only play PS2 games and I atleast have to pop the disc in about 10-15 times until it reads it right :/

DarkCrawler
Metal Gear Solid 4
Assassins Creed
Devil May Cry 4
Grand Theft Auto 4
Heavenly Sword
Lair
Final Fantasy XIII
White Knight Story

It gets all those games. I am entirely ready to pay for console that can play all that stuff.

I'll be in heaven when I get it. droolio

Validus
Metal Gear Solid 4
Assassins Creed
Devil May Cry 4
Grand Theft Auto 4
Heavenly Sword
Lair
Final Fantasy XIII
White Knight Story

It gets all those games. I am entirely ready to pay for console that can play all that stuff.

I'll be in heaven when I get it. droolio
Throw in Ninja Gaiden Sigma and VF5 for me. Best 3D fighter ever.

DarkCrawler
The funny thing is, I have saved already a year and a half for it. I just can't have my hands on it because of the delay. I have the money for it, the Wii, AND the X-Box 360 soon at this rate...I'm probably going to use the leftover money to get an HDTV, though. They cost their goddamn weight in gold in Finland or something...cheapest one is like $1000...miffed

Validus
$1000 even for a smallish one (30 or so inches)? confused

DarkCrawler
Yes. Exactly. sad

If I really searched, I could probably find one for $900 if I was really, really lucky.

Validus
http://www.themilwaukeechannel.com/video/10339676/index.html

Thought this video was appropriate...

Grimm22
Sony sucks.

Co-Signed

I just saw it at EB, and it looked pretty sweet

I still won't pick it up till 2007 or until they finally put Rumble back into the controllers

Grimm22
Originally posted by marvelprince
laughing I got you confused with someone else. My bad. Good luck with your interview though

Fair enough stick out tongue

Well, I got the job big grin

Of course, i'm a bit discouraged as I was waiting for my boss to start the interview a senile old man walked in and ....well it wasn't pretty

All I can say is I would rather be burned alive then die an old man rolling on floor laughing

Mrrungo Mu
Wow....congrats,Grimm cool

Validus
I worked at Gamestop back in High School. It was nothing to smile about.

Howard_Jones
Originally posted by Darth Vicious
Im getting the Wii hopefully this weekend, I hope the focus is just in the PS3 so they leave a few Nintendos around big grin . Ill get the PS3 down the line, I wanna see if it has any bugs like the 360 when it first came out. Im not in a rush to get it, the only game I really look forward too is the new Metal Gear.

To be honest, I'd pay 600 for a chance to play MGS4, so it's not a big stretch for me.

S-Ranger
Originally posted by Ethereal
I needed a PS3. AS of now my PS2 doesnt read DVD's or PS1 games. I can only play PS2 games and I atleast have to pop the disc in about 10-15 times until it reads it right :/

I'll be seriously pissed if they pull the same shit with the PS3 like they did with the PS2 and it breaks as soon as the warranty runs out i aint getting raped in the ass for it to screw up 6 months down the line.

Aint Microsoft updating the 360 anyway or they said something about it when the PS3 dropped.

Juntai
Originally posted by S-Ranger
I'll be seriously pissed if they pull the same shit with the PS3 like they did with the PS2 and it breaks as soon as the warranty runs out i aint getting raped in the ass for it to screw up 6 months down the line.

Aint Microsoft updating the 360 anyway or they said something about it when the PS3 dropped. I'm not sure if it went anywhere but there were rumors of a revamped one with HDMI and 1080p support, as well as the built in HDDVD which would make it pretty much the Sony equivilent.

Dinalfos
Meh, PS3. I'm not going anywhere near one until after the first three price drops. And considering Sony's past problems with hardware reliability, it ain't wise to buy one on launch day anyway.

Mrrungo Mu
I think i'll wait intill the price goes down.A LOT.

jgiant
this is crazy not too far from me people are shooting and robbing people for this thing, i'll wait for this...

grey fox
It IS insane.

The PS2 and Gamecube didn't cause this much hype.

None-the-less.

I'll be waiting with Dinaflos in the room of 'Too damn pricey' . Plus I can pick up the games I never got a chance to grab...

Grimm22
Whats insane is the amount of Sony fanboys there are hiding out in their houses only to come out on launch day laughing

While the nintendo fanboys are just going to send their parents to pick up their wii's stick out tongue

Supreme being
I heard that sony paid people to get in line for the ps3, i guess its good publicity for them.

Priest
Originally posted by Supreme being
I heard that sony paid people to get in line for the ps3, i guess its good publicity for them.
I dout they would need to pay people to get on line for the PS3.
I did hear that the PS3's that has been released recently, some of them has technical problems. I want to get one eventually, but ill wait, till its more accessible to get.

outavodka
Yeah il pick the thing up jan when all the new games come out it seems like a waste of time to fight the crowds for games u can already play for a less price.

Priest
Originally posted by outavodka
Yeah il pick the thing up jan when all the new games come out it seems like a waste of time to fight the crowds for games u can already play for a less price.
im checking prices for the console on ebay, their selling fro easily a 1000 buckserm

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.