Sabretooth vs. Deadpool

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

rotiart
I don't know if this has been done but...

Metalmanx
Deadpool.

Captain SEX
Didn't deadpool beat him before?

Mace Skywalker
Deadpool takes this one.

StarsNeverFall7
Deadpool, whilst he screams like a little girl... eek!

Jyppe
Doesn't a KO count as a victory? The thread author doesn't specify that this is to the death. So I'll say Sabes wins.

H. S. 6
Originally posted by Jyppe
Doesn't a KO count as a victory? The thread author doesn't specify that this is to the death. So I'll say Sabes wins.

A KO does indeed count as a victory, unless the thread starter says otherwise.

jinzin
when deadpool beat sabretooth he pulled of an upset victory and he knew it... I don't think he's going to have that same amount of luck to get the majority here... cable's put him in his place in hand to hand, wolverine's put up several good showings against him, sabretooth would put a hurting on him for the majority here.

Ryonslaught
Victor Creed takes it cool

(luv yah wade but naw the sabre-meister got ya beat) stick out tongue

rotiart
Originally posted by Jyppe

Sorry. I always view a KO as a victory. I thought thats in the forum rules somewhere isn't it?

Howard_Jones
Sabretooth

gets carved into chunks of Sushi.

PRAYERRUN
hmmm lets see.....Both have healing powers......both are incredibly crazy lol.......One uses guns, swords, knives...whatever he can get his hands on and the other uses.....his claws(which are adimantium). One has Beastlike ablities....the other one just acts like a beast........hmmmm. Toughie.......Guns & swords have never really worked against Sabertooth, and unless Deadpool has something like spiderlike reflexes, He's not gonna last all that long against Sabertooth. Unless he has a bazooka. lol. THEN he might win. Sabertooth will tear out his gizzard.

Howard_Jones
What the f**k?

Deadpool has kept up with Spider-Man before.

srankmissingnin
Deadpool never managed to beat Sabretooth, what he managed to do is deliver a mild (very mild) inconvenience that lasted all of two seconds before Weapon X facility caught up with him. Deadpool is nothing but a nuisance to someone like Sabretooth and not even a big one. Anyone using the head on their shoulders can tell you that DP loses ten times out of ten. Even in their fight Sabretooth is clearly the superior. He takes a rocket to the chest like it is nothing (he doesn't even budge) then he covers the gab between himself and Deadpool and hits him twice before Deadpool even manages to draw his sword. And the funny part is Sabretooth isn't even trying, just look at the dialogue and how nonchalant he is.

Deadpool can't even compeat with Wolverine unless the situation is leaning heavily in his favour like he stands a chance in hell against Victor.

StarsNeverFall7
Cant compete with wolverine? Hes done it before, im sure he'll do it again. Heres a scan of him just taunting wolvie to fight with him, before KOing kitty pride to get it rolling, he stands his own against wolverine.

Taunting Wolverine:
http://img350.imageshack.us/my.php?image=snikt9nv4wk.jpg

Taking him out with little effort:
http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/3572/wolverine088page06072yd.jpg

Ill give sabertooth the benefit of the doubt with his upgrade, but ill still hand it to deadpool 6-7/10

Swanky-Tuna
That second didn't count because Wolverine didn't have his dumbass powerful healing factor to make him almost impervious to light weapons. Nevermind the fact that that didn't affect his fighting skills.

StarsNeverFall7
No healing factor?? Wouldnt that mean that he would be bleeding immensly from the snikt of adamantium claws?

Turtlethomas
deadpool in close match

Swanky-Tuna
Originally posted by StarsNeverFall7
No healing factor?? Wouldnt that mean that he would be bleeding immensly from the snikt of adamantium claws?
His forearms would probably be just filled with blood and pus too. Like giant cysts. I think the wolverine fans' thing was it was just then coming back, but it wasn't back to the point where he could just wildly swing at things while getting hacked to crap, heal, then call himself the greatest martial artist of all time.

Daredevil1
Sabretooth 7-8/10

cajun2de
deadpool's healing factor is way more powerfull then that of wolvy or sabertooth

Daredevil1
True but he lacks the unbreakable skeleton that they possess.

Sparkz

His healing factor was present in that story it was just very slow it took him at least an hour to wake up after being stabbed by DP and probbaly 20 Minuits before his face fully healed from falling into glass.

SpunkySmurph
Originally posted by srankmissingnin

Deadpool can't even compeat with Wolverine unless the situation is leaning heavily in his favour

laughing

Swanky-Tuna
Originally posted by Sparkz
His healing factor was present in that story it was just very slow it took him at least an hour to wake up after being stabbed by DP and probbaly 20 Minuits before his face fully healed from falling into glass.
I'd say healing in an hour from being stabbed in the lungs is pretty fast. I'm pretty sure people don't do so well from that normally.

Sparkz
Originally posted by Swanky-Tuna
I'd say healing in an hour from being stabbed in the lungs is pretty fast. I'm pretty sure people don't do so well from that normally.

Yes but normaly he'd instantly heal from that would he not.

Swanky-Tuna
Yes but normaly he'd instantly heal from that would he not.
Depends on who you ask. Some would have you believe Wolverine would heal from any injury as fast as clayface or hydroman would simply reform their body.

srankmissingnin
That second didn't count because Wolverine didn't have his dumbass powerful healing factor to make him almost impervious to light weapons. Nevermind the fact that that didn't affect his fighting skills.

He landed three fatal wounds on DP before Wade managed to lay one of his own. Were the both fighting with out healing factor's Deadpool would have died in the second panel. I think it was pretty clear that Wolverine was the superior combatant.

Swanky-Tuna
He landed three fatal wounds on DP before Wade managed to lay one of his own. Were the both fighting with out healing factor's Deadpool would have died in the second panel. I think it was pretty clear that Wolverine was the superior combatant.
Really? Three fatal wounds? Where?

srankmissingnin
Really? Three fatal wounds? Where?

Oh, I said that wrong. I ment Wolverine hit him three times, one of which was fatal (or would out have been with a healing factor). One of the other three may have been fatal also depending on what Wolverine hit with his under the arm pit shot since there is an artery there and it is possible he could have punctured one of Pool's lungs.

Sparkz
Depends on who you ask. Some would have you believe Wolverine would heal from any injury as fast as clayface or hydroman would simply reform their body.

Yeah I know, but 2 simple stabs shouldn't be much for him to heal from at all.

StarsNeverFall7
Three hits, one of which that was fatal...hmm. It may of just been me, but that panel seemed to me to be nothing more than DP playing with wolverine to get him where he wanted him. We can argue about the healing factor all day long, DP beat wolverine while toying with him. He stands a good chance against sabertooth.

StarsNeverFall7
Isnt DP still immortal by Thanos' hand?

King_Mungi
Yes, Deadpool is immortal, Thanos insured he couldn't die so he and Death could never be together

Howard_Jones
Sabretooth was downed by a bullet to the gut by the Punisher. How would Deadpool have a problem no expression

jinzin
well for one, that was sabretooth before his upgrades from "bloodhunt", or his futrther upgrades from "weapon x". Second, it wasn't one bullet, it was a full clip, and sabretooth recovered decently fast.
Third, deadpool tried the same stunt in their fight and sabretooth just stood there waiting for the bullets to run out before gutting deadpool while making rude remarks.

SpunkySmurph
Oh, I said that wrong. I ment Wolverine hit him three times, one of which was fatal (or would out have been with a healing factor). One of the other three may have been fatal also depending on what Wolverine hit with his under the arm pit shot since there is an artery there and it is possible he could have punctured one of Pool's lungs.

Perhaps Wolverine got hits in first, but if you think about it, that proves nothing. You see that Deadpools fighting style in that fight basically involves and utilizes recklessness and personal injury, in order to obtain the win. This is clearly demonstrated when he uses his own body as bait before the final win. Obviously he was NOT fighting defensivley, and simply opening himself up for attack basically as a lure. On top of that, he was basically toying with Wolverine.

Do you honestly think that they would have fought in the exact same manner if DP has knowingly has his HF removed?

Daredevil1
Actually Punisher downed Deadpool with bullets.

Soljer
Originally posted by SpunkySmurph
Perhaps Wolverine got hits in first, but if you think about it, that proves nothing. You see that Deadpools fighting style in that fight basically involves and utilizes recklessness and personal injury, in order to obtain the win. This is clearly demonstrated when he uses his own body as bait before the final win. Obviously he was NOT fighting defensivley, and simply opening himself up for attack basically as a lure. On top of that, he was basically toying with Wolverine.

Do you honestly think that they would have fought in the exact same manner if DP has knowingly has his HF removed?

My thoughts PRECISELY. The Wolverine fanboys always use the argument "Wolverine doesn't demonstrate his skill by dodging attacks because he knows he doesn't need to," why can't the same apply to Deadpool?

Howard_Jones
Originally posted by jinzin
well for one, that was sabretooth before his upgrades from "bloodhunt", or his futrther upgrades from "weapon x". Second, it wasn't one bullet, it was a full clip, and sabretooth recovered decently fast.
Third, deadpool tried the same stunt in their fight and sabretooth just stood there waiting for the bullets to run out before gutting deadpool while making rude remarks.

Proof?

and what are you gonna do? Punch me over the internet? Save the insults for someone who would take you seriously.

EDIT: I was incorrect. It was five bullets. Four on the initial burst, and one more in the zoo.

Frank never reloaded the gun, so it wasn't a full mag.

jinzin
Originally posted by Howard_Jones
Proof?

and what are you gonna do? Punch me over the internet? Save the insults for someone who would take you seriously.

EDIT: I was incorrect. It was five bullets. Four on the initial burst, and one more in the zoo.

Frank never reloaded the gun, so it wasn't a full mag.

what the hell are you talking about? insults? i didn't insult you? but I'm about to if you wanna keep throwing false accusations around....

and what do you mean proof? go read the comics, it's there clear as day.

Howard_Jones
what the hell are you talking about? insults? i didn't insult you? but I'm about to if you wanna keep throwing false accusations around....

and what do you mean proof? go read the comics, it's there clear as day.

Quit making excuses and scan the comic.

I didn't say you insulted me. I said you threatened me. It was clear as day. What's the matter? Truth too far fetched for you?

Still, I ask, what the hell are you gonna do? It's obvious you're just some punk kid ranting on about Wolverine. You probably think he could take Superman.

StarsNeverFall7
Even onto the shooting topic, Deadpool is said to be a perfect shot. Not good, great, amazing, but a perfect shot. Not only that he is an excellent fighter, to the point of having gambit pay him off rather than fight him, because in fighting with him, you might as well commit suicide. Heres the quote

"The X-Man Gambit has such respect for Deadpool's fighting abilities that he once paid him off rather than risk battling him, admitting that fighting Deadpool is tantamount to suicide."

Deadpool takes the win on this, as said before.

ExtraMision5555
Original Post:

Your reply

I didn't say you insulted me. I said you threatened me. It was clear as day. What's the matter? Truth too far fetched for you?

Still, I ask, what the hell are you gonna do? It's obvious you're just some punk kid ranting on about Wolverine. You probably think he could take Superman.

Im not one to jump into an "argument" but honeslty, wheres the threat at? He simply corrected you, and it wasnt even hostile. Are we reading the same post?

jinzin

what excuses? there are no excuses made, I used to scan shit all the time when I had a scanner that worked... now I don't so unless you're gonna front the money to buy me one... besides everything you want me to scan is common knowledge. erm
and you may not have directly said that I insulted you but you certainly implied it when you encouraged me to "save the insults".no expression

jinzin
Even onto the shooting topic, Deadpool is said to be a perfect shot. Not good, great, amazing, but a perfect shot. Not only that he is an excellent fighter, to the point of having gambit pay him off rather than fight him, because in fighting with him, you might as well commit suicide. Heres the quote

"The X-Man Gambit has such respect for Deadpool's fighting abilities that he once paid him off rather than risk battling him, admitting that fighting Deadpool is tantamount to suicide."

Deadpool takes the win on this, as said before. deadpool wins because gambit's afraind of him? uhhh i'm pretty sure the same quote could easily apply to sabretooth.
and deadpool's aim is notoriously bad, he once had to aim right between his own eyes to spray rhino in the face with antman's canister.... he's probably a great shot in all seriousness (considering his feat of cutting a fly in half) but hardly perfect.

jinzin
Originally posted by ExtraMision5555
Original Post:

Your reply

Im not one to jump into an "argument" but honeslty, wheres the threat at? He simply corrected you, and it wasnt even hostile. Are we reading the same post? errrmm I was wondering the same thing..

thanks. it's nice to know it's not just me. confused

Swanky-Tuna
I'm not sure those were fatal. The rips are pretty narrow. His claws really couldn't of gotten in that deep.

Also, I'm not even sure Deadpool was wounded to begin with. How much of that damage was caused on panel and how much of it is just for dramatic effect? On the left, he's got rips on both sides of his torso, in his right armpit, and on his chest. On the top right he's missing his armpit rip and his side rip and gains an elbow rip. In the middle right, you can't really tell because of the coloring. Maybe that's what color you turn when you tap the tailor force. At the bottom right, any rips that would be visible are missing.

That leads me to believe that most, if not all, of it was just for flash.

StarsNeverFall7
The words of his shooting ability wernt from my own mouth but quoted. The gambit quote was an example to show the extent of his fighting abilities. Heres the shooting quote

"Deadpool has excellent, believed by many to be perfect, aim (though not with any given object, like Bullseye), which was temporarily destroyed by the Black Swan"

As far as the Rhino comment, im pretty sure this is the instance your referring to, where he has his back to rhino and hits him dead in the face over his left shoulder, with antmans canister.

http://img465.imageshack.us/my.php?image=deadpool066195zm.jpg

Mentions between his eyes, but sprays the canister no where near it.

jinzin
nowhere near it because his aim is "that bad"

where did that quote come from anyway?

SpunkySmurph
The words of his shooting ability wernt from my own mouth but quoted. The gambit quote was an example to show the extent of his fighting abilities. Heres the shooting quote

"Deadpool has excellent, believed by many to be perfect, aim (though not with any given object, like Bullseye), which was temporarily destroyed by the Black Swan"

As far as the Rhino comment, im pretty sure this is the instance your referring to, where he has his back to rhino and hits him dead in the face over his left shoulder, with antmans canister.

http://img465.imageshack.us/my.php?image=deadpool066195zm.jpg

Mentions between his eyes, but sprays the canister no where near it.

erm

DP has been excluded as a suspect from crime investigations, simply because the assassin had excellent aim. The whole thing with Rhino is to show that, if DP closes his eyes, and aims between them, he's not going to hit anywhere near the spot between them. Because his aim is THAT BAD.

ExtraMision5555
Deadpool having horrible aim?? where is this coming from

While Deadpool doesnt have any "accuracy feats"
it has never been implied that his aim is horible, rather the opposite
hes no bullseye, but definately marksman
i dont see where this poor shot stuff is coming from

Soljer
I've actually heard that Deadpool has impeccable aim, but he lost it during the run of some comic due to the actions of another character.

I do believe he regained it, at some point, though.

srankmissingnin
Anyone who thinks Deadpool has good aim needs to read his story arc's fallowing the assasination of the 4 Winds (or was it 5?) and the first arc of Agent X.

StarsNeverFall7
I didnt create the characters abilities, im just saying whats been read. Hes supposed to have excellent marksmanship, if hes lost and regained it, then I guess his aim and Wolvies healing have more in common than we thought..

srankmissingnin
I didnt create the characters abilities, im just saying whats been read. Hes supposed to have excellent marksmanship, if hes lost and regained it, then I guess his aim and Wolvies healing have more in common than we thought..

Dude, you've taken a death grip on a comment some DP fan made when the edited Wikipedia. Deadpool doesn't have perfect aim. Deadpool doesn't have great aim. He has at best passable aim. It has been the foundation of no fewer then two Deadpool story arcs. It has how we knew that Deadpool didn't assassinate the Four Winds when he was taking credit for it and also the main reason we knew that Agent X and Wade were two separate people. With the relatively limited appearances of Deadpool there shouldn't be any confusion on this topic especially considering that a) this are recent (last 2-3 years) issues and b) and everyone claims they are Deadpool fans.

FYI you shouldn't rely Wikipedia information

SpunkySmurph

srankmissingnin

Having the luxury of purposely taking a hit to expose and opening on your enemy is a massive advantage in any sort of melee combat. Even with out a healing factor if a normal person was willing to take a possible fatal attack to land one of their own they could easily over come someone far more skilled then they are. This is what Deadpool did, it wasn't a great or even impressive showing of skill, it was simply tactical fighting and it was bound to happen sooner or later. Even then Deadpool only landed his hit because a) his near instantaneous recovery time (a kick to the face like that from two people running full tilt towards each other would have easily killed a lesser man, severing this spinal cord) and b) Wolverine was mid-air leaving him self with literally zero options in evading.

And how did you get he was toying with Wolverine? Because he was making jokes?... Just how little DP experience to you have?

I suggest every one watch the final episode of Samurai Champloo to better understand what I was talking about with purposely taking a hit to expose a opening and counter attack.

srankmissingnin
I'm not sure those were fatal. The rips are pretty narrow. His claws really couldn't of gotten in that deep.

Also, I'm not even sure Deadpool was wounded to begin with. How much of that damage was caused on panel and how much of it is just for dramatic effect? On the left, he's got rips on both sides of his torso, in his right armpit, and on his chest. On the top right he's missing his armpit rip and his side rip and gains an elbow rip. In the middle right, you can't really tell because of the coloring. Maybe that's what color you turn when you tap the tailor force. At the bottom right, any rips that would be visible are missing.

That leads me to believe that most, if not all, of it was just for flash.

True enough and it is hard to tell how much damage is cause with the simplistic and conservator art style but the claws would need to get in a good distance to tear away and hook strips of DP's costume on the fallow through.

SpunkySmurph
Having the luxury of purposely taking a hit to expose and opening on your enemy is a massive advantage in any sort of melee combat. Even with out a healing factor if a normal person was willing to take a possible fatal attack to land one of their own they could easily over come someone far more skilled then they are. This is what Deadpool did, it wasn't a great or even impressive showing of skill, it was simply tactical fighting and it was bound to happen sooner or later. Even then Deadpool only landed his hit because a) his near instantaneous recovery time (a kick to the face like that from two people running full tilt towards each other would have easily killed a lesser man, severing this spinal cord) and b) Wolverine was mid-air leaving him self with literally zero options in evading.

And how did you get he was toying with Wolverine? Because he was making jokes?... Just how little DP experience to you have?

I suggest every one watch the final episode of Samurai Champloo to better understand what I was talking about with purposely taking a hit to expose a opening and counter attack.

No. Don't presume that just because DP fights by utilizing his abilities that he's not a talented fighter. He makes use of his HF by adopting a different fighting style. And, even if it does make combat easier for him, that proves nothing. Because, as far as I can tell, in your attempt to prove that Wolvy's a better fighter, you've only proven that DP has an easier time fighting Wolvy then someone without a HF. That proves nothing, at least nothing good for your arguments.

I can't believe I'm being lectured on how a HF = no skill by a WOlVERINE fanboy. roll eyes (sarcastic)

And, I said toying, because thats how it was described, when Wolverine was beaten.

And you stillhaven't answered my initial question. You seem to believe that if DP was knowledgebly fighting with an equaly weakened healing factor that he would have made all the same moves.

My question is:

Are you really that stupid?

srankmissingnin
No. Don't presume that just because DP fights by utilizing his abilities that he's not a talented fighter. He makes use of his HF by adopting a different fighting style. And, even if it does make combat easier for him, that proves nothing. Because, as far as I can tell, in your attempt to prove that Wolvy's a better fighter, you've only proven that DP has an easier time fighting Wolvy then someone without a HF. That proves nothing, at least nothing good for your arguments.

I can't believe I'm being lectured on how a HF = no skill by a WOlVERINE fanboy. roll eyes (sarcastic)

And, I said toying, because thats how it was described, when Wolverine was beaten.

And you stillhaven't answered my initial question. You seem to believe that if DP was knowledgebly fighting with an equaly weakened healing factor that he would have made all the same moves.

My question is:

Are you really that stupid?

Oh, I'm sorry I didn't answer because thought you where asking a rhetorical question but I guess I gave you too much credit since it wasn't a rhetorical question just a stupid question.

I never said DP wasn't skilled, I said his "feat" didn't require much in terms of skill pull of and it didn't (there certainly isn't enough to gauge). You read the issue and somehow came to the conclusion that DP is some amazing fighter and tactician that someone predicted Wolverine's moves and forced Logan into doing what he wanted him to do. He didn't show and amazing bouts of skill, he took advantage of a situation that leaned heavily in his favor. Deadpool said he suckered Wolverine? Big deal, he also says he is the world's greatest lover and lord of the dance... but he isn't. There is nothing in this fight, or any other fight DP has been in that would suggest he is capable of doing anything remotely similar or that he even posses the forethought to attempt it. How little experience you must have with DP to think this way. Let me guess, you read a Wikipedia article and saw some scans in a respect thread on Deadpool and now you think you know enough to post here?

Okay lets move on.

You say I didn't prove Wolverine was better then DP? *shocked* You say all I managed to was prove that DP has an much easier time fighting against Wolverine when he doesn't have a healing factor? Guess what? Thats what I was trying to do! Do you really think that if I was trying to prove that Wolverine was a better fighter then DP this is the feat I would be analysing? I'm only talking about this specific feat because Deadpool fan's cling to it like a life preserver, trying to claim that it shows that Deadpool a better fighter then Wolverine; when all it really shows is that DP managed to land a hit on Wolverine. It proves nothing. It brings nothing to the table. It shows that Deadpool is a capable fighter (and no one said he wasn't) but that doesn't mean he is in the same ball park as Wolverine. 'Sides if Wolverine kicked me in the face like that and I was holding two katana you can bet your ass I would have done the same thing... assuming I had superhuman durability and that kick to the head didn't kill me that is.

The only fight between these two where DP didn't have prep, Wolverine had his healing factor and Deadpool wasn't extra insane handicaping himself was the 99' Annual fight. What happened in that fight? Wolverine almost knocked Deadpool of a building and Deadpool manages to kick Wolverine in the face as he flips back onto the roof. Want to know what happens then? Wolverine beats the tar out of DP. The only hit Deadpool manages to land after the fight starts in ernst only happened because Wolverine stopped fighting unaccount of their being a Werewolf behind DP and he was trying to warn 'Pool.

SpunkySmurph
Oh, I'm sorry I didn't answer because thought you where asking a rhetorical question but I guess I gave you too much credit since it wasn't a rhetorical question just a stupid question.

I never said DP wasn't skilled, I said his "feat" didn't require much in terms of skill pull of and it didn't (there certainly isn't enough to gauge). You read the issue and somehow came to the conclusion that DP is some amazing fighter and tactician that someone predicted Wolverine's moves and forced Logan into doing what he wanted him to do. He didn't show and amazing bouts of skill, he took advantage of a situation that leaned heavily in his favor. Deadpool said he suckered Wolverine? Big deal, he also says he is the world's greatest lover and lord of the dance... but he isn't. There is nothing in this fight, or any other fight DP has been in that would suggest he is capable of doing anything remotely similar or that he even posses the forethought to attempt it. How little experience you must have with DP to think this way. Let me guess, you read a Wikipedia article and saw some scans in a respect thread on Deadpool and now you think you know enough to post here?

Okay lets move on.

You say I didn't prove Wolverine was better then DP? *shocked* You say all I managed to was prove that DP has an much easier time fighting against Wolverine when he doesn't have a healing factor? Guess what? Thats what I was trying to do! Do you really think that if I was trying to prove that Wolverine was a better fighter then DP this is the feat I would be analysing? I'm only talking about this specific feat because Deadpool fan's cling to it like a life preserver, trying to claim that it shows that Deadpool a better fighter then Wolverine; when all it really shows is that DP managed to land a hit on Wolverine. It proves nothing. It brings nothing to the table. It shows that Deadpool is a capable fighter (and no one said he wasn't) but that doesn't mean he is in the same ball park as Wolverine. 'Sides if Wolverine kicked me in the face like that and I was holding two katana you can bet your ass I would have done the same thing... assuming I had superhuman durability and that kick to the head didn't kill me that is.

The only fight between these two where DP didn't have prep, Wolverine had his healing factor and Deadpool wasn't extra insane handicaping himself was the 99' Annual fight. What happened in that fight? Wolverine almost knocked Deadpool of a building and Deadpool manages to kick Wolverine in the face as he flips back onto the roof. Want to know what happens then? Wolverine beats the tar out of DP. The only hit Deadpool manages to land after the fight starts in ernst only happened because Wolverine stopped fighting unaccount of their being a Werewolf behind DP and he was trying to warn 'Pool.

Well, that was weak. You spend the majority of your post failing at personal attacks, and attempt to tie in poor points. But, I'll bite.

Well, it was originally intended to be rhetorical, but when you went back to points that I had already countered in my last post, that little question included, I felt you really were trying to dance around any points that you don't like, so I took the liberty of apparently doing what was needed, in that I had to basically spell it out for you.

You read the issue and somehow came to the conclusion that DP is some amazing fighter and tactician that someone predicted Wolverine's moves and forced Logan into doing what he wanted him to do. He didn't show and amazing bouts of skill, he took advantage of a situation that leaned heavily in his favor. Deadpool said he suckered Wolverine? Big deal, he also says he is the world's greatest lover and lord of the dance... but he isn't.

What the f**k?

Well, this is low. Now apparently you're calling DP a liar, and insinuating, that, when he said himself how easily he lured Wolverine into a trap, he was really just him 'taking advantage of a situation.'
There is a difference between a clear joke about being the lord of the dance and suckering Wolverine. Just because your favourite character got beat and your probably cried yourself to sleep, you don't need to come on the forums grasping for weak arguments. DP suckered Wolverine. Get over it.

There is nothing in this fight, or any other fight DP has been in that would suggest he is capable of doing anything remotely similar or that he even posses the forethought to attempt it. How little experience you must have with DP to think this way. Let me guess, you read a Wikipedia article and saw some scans in a respect thread on Deadpool and now you think you know enough to post here?

Well, I could say the same thing about Wolverine demonstrating no skill beyond what's required to sniff the air and say 'bub'. Whether you like it or not, DP demonstrated skill enough to take down your favourite character. If you want to have a tantrum about it, please dont take it to the forums. And don't insult my knowledge about DP, because you have no other feasible argument to counter the evidence that proves you wrong.

You say I didn't prove Wolverine was better then DP? *shocked* You say all I managed to was prove that DP has an much easier time fighting against Wolverine when he doesn't have a healing factor? Guess what? Thats what I was trying to do! Do you really think that if I was trying to prove that Wolverine was a better fighter then DP this is the feat I would be analysing? I'm only talking about this specific feat because Deadpool fan's cling to it like a life preserver, trying to claim that it shows that Deadpool a better fighter then Wolverine; when all it really shows is that DP managed to land a hit on Wolverine.

No. Thats not what I said. Now you're simply proving that you're either a dumbass or purposley twisting my words; I never posted that you 'managed to was prove that DP has an much easier time fighting against Wolverine when he doesn't have a healing factor'. If you took the time to read my post, you would clearly see that what I posted is that you proved that DP has an easier time fighting Wolverine. Period. As in, an easier time then the average brawler. Which, FYI, isnet helpful to you. Dont twist this to a situation that doesnt help your case. And it shows that DP was cunning, smart and skilled enough to toy with Wolvie and put him in a trap. And the only
life preserver' in this situation is the excuse that Wolvy didnt have a healing factor, when Wolverine fans like to ignore that the real point to the whole fight is how DP tricked him rather easily.

Wolverine managed to hit DP a couple of times because DP didnt bother to dodge.
DP managed to carve out Wolvy and toy with him when he was trying to dodge.

See the difference?

Due to your demonstration of bias and word-twisting throughout this debate, why dont you post scans rather then describe to everybody your version of what happened?

StarsNeverFall7
Would that deathgrip to the wikipedia quote be the same one stating hes an excellent marksman from marvel itself? If he lost his AIM and then regained it, then it stands on the same ground as Wolverines healing, hes lost it and regained it, doesnt mean it still isnt accounted for.

So what you're saying is the only fight that we should account is the 99 annual, where you add Wolverines healing and take away DP's insanity, which is in great part to his fighting style, that all of a sudden becomes a fair bout, yet complain because DP easily shanks Wolverine when his healing isnt 100%. Guess we could say Wolverine took an advantage of a situation that leaned heavily in his favor then huh?

We can argue this point back and forth all day, and you can insult peoples of knowledge of DP all you want, still doesnt change the fact he beat Wolvering by toying with him.

SpunkySmurph
Would that deathgrip to the wikipedia quote be the same one stating hes an excellent marksman from marvel itself? If he lost his AIM and then regained it, then it stands on the same ground as Wolverines healing, hes lost it and regained it, doesnt mean it still isnt accounted for.

So what you're saying is the only fight that we should account is the 99 annual, where you add Wolverines healing and take away DP's insanity, which is in great part to his fighting style, that all of a sudden becomes a fair bout, yet complain because DP easily shanks Wolverine when his healing isnt 100%. Guess we could say Wolverine took an advantage of a situation that leaned heavily in his favor then huh?

We can argue this point back and forth all day, and you can insult peoples of knowledge of DP all you want, still doesnt change the fact he beat Wolvering by toying with him.

wink Dead on.

ExtraMision5555

if im not mistaken, that is actually somewhat incorrect

After being impaled to the wall by deadpool, wolverine THEN tried to warn deadpool that thier was a wearwolf behind him

if im not mistaken

ide have to look at that comic again, but thiers a little more to it than that
(not to discredit wolverine, though)

SpunkySmurph
bump

jinzin
oky this is ridiculous... NEVER have any of you EVER seen deadpool show superior skill to wolverine in fights...... NEVER....

you may have seen deadpool walk away the victor on a couple of occasions, through the use of taking advantage of circumstances that helped to set up a win for him but you've never seen him straight up outskill wolverine PERIOD.

what do we see in wolverine 88?
It certainly wasn't an outmatched wolverine by any means..
we see wolverine EASILY dodging gunfire from deadpool and his "incredible aim" "rolleyes", and quickly closing the gap GUTTING deadpool (supposedly jabbing his claws into DP's lungs) causing deadpool to drop his rifle... that right there would end the fight if DP didn't have a working healing factor? but guess what he does.
Next: wolverine SLAPS DP in the head! he slaps him! why? I have no Ifukkindea but apparently wolverine didn't want to punch holes through DP's brain even though he thought punching holes in his lungs was okay... confused

In any case that's two unanswered hits for wolverine nadda for pool, and if wolverine decided to punch on that second hit instead of SLAP, deadpool would have hit the floor regaurdless of healing factor....

NEXT: we see wolverine cutting into dp's torso... AGAIN! and at this point Dp begins to brag about his own healing factor... and how his is working and wolverine's ain't.

NEXT: it's at THIS point that deadpool "suckers" logan, like srank said, by virtue of HF and superhuman durability DP is able to take the kick without being knocked unconcious or being beheaded. THEN he stabs logan....
funny thing about this is the fact that logan is shown leaping claws first at DP and then decides AGAIN that the claws aren't the way to go, so he instead opts for the boot to the face tactic.

Basically what we see here is wolverine flat out beating DP to the punch, THEN being VERY VERY charitible to Deadpool for NO apparent reason, and finally a BIG differance in healing factors and what they can take (deadpool's fine after being gutted and eviscerated 3 times; wolverine's having problems healing a bloody nose.... let me say that again... he couldn't even heal a BLODDY FRIGGIN NOSE!).
After that it's a simple matter of deadpool taking advantage of his opponents disadvantage.. big deal, that doesn't make him a better fighter... at all... the fact that he was forced into tricking logan just to put him down should tell you something, the fact that he had to do this against a logan who couldn't rely on a healing factor should tell you more.... JEESH...

I'll get back to this later but I got class right now.

StarsNeverFall7
Wow, it seems to be that no one takes into account the way DP normally fights, putting himself in harms way with his ADD banter is what he does. He toyed with wolverine, taking slashes because he knows he can. Wolverine didnt have his healing, uh oh, because we all know with his healing he can beat skyfathers...

SpunkySmurph
Wow, it seems to be that no one takes into account the way DP normally fights, putting himself in harms way with his ADD banter is what he does. He toyed with wolverine, taking slashes because he knows he can. Wolverine didnt have his healing, uh oh, because we all know with his healing he can beat skyfathers...

The Wolverine fanboys use that argument, and then the reverse when Wolverine doesn't have his HF... but can't understand that the same concept applies to DP erm

Ize19

You really aren't getting this. Jinzin wasn't saying that Wolverine proved superior to Deadpool in that fight, but that Deadpool in no way proved himself superior to Wolverine. Period. If you want to convince someone that Deadpool's more skilled than Wolverine, that fight does not help your case.

StarsNeverFall7
Not only does the same apply for DP, his healing is stronger than Wolverine's, partially mentially driven, and as far as I know, he is still immortal.

I wasn't bringing up the fact of either being superior, simply that DP beat Wolverine by toying with him. Let me guess though, Wolverine losing the fight puts him over DP though right?

SpunkySmurph
Originally posted by Ize19
You really aren't getting this. Jinzin wasn't saying that Wolverine proved superior to Deadpool in that fight, but that Deadpool in no way proved himself superior to Wolverine. Period. If you want to convince someone that Deadpool's more skilled than Wolverine, that fight does not help your case.

Well, I've proven how it doesn't help their case either, but they don't seem to get that.

DP doesn't dodge, because it's imbedded within his fighting style not to dodge because he doesnt need to, and it makes it easier to exploint his opponents' weaknesses.

That's why he basically laughs in Wolverine's face, saying his hits are useless because his healing factor still works. Because he simply doesnt care enough to dodge.

Thusly, that proves nothing about Wolverine's skill. He didn't logically prove himself superior to DP in any way. DP, however, proves to be a superior battle tactician. But, the Wolverine fanboys (which I really hope your not) can't accept that, and write it off as being a fluke on DP's part, and he simply lied about blatantly tricking Wolverine. Which is a very weak argument, fueled only by their desire to find an excuse for their mascot losing. erm

Soljer
Though it was mentioned, let me reiterate in asking:

Why is it always the excuse that Wolverine taking hits he knows he can survive is actually a SMART tactic, and exemplifies his skill, rather than insults it, but when Deadpool does similar, all the sudden he's some punk on the street?

If deadpool didn't have a working healing factor, he'd fight a lot smarter - he IS a top-notch fighter, after all (when he's serious, anyways). But he HAS a healing factor - a DAMNED good one, too. He can afford to allow Wolverine to score as many hits as Wolverine really pleases.

erm.

What of the Shoryuken fight? I know no one brings it up as often, as there was no clear winner, but it was a damned good example of Deadpool's skill - AND there was no plot device as far as Wolverine lacking a healing factor or Deadpool having tranq darts.

SpunkySmurph
Originally posted by Soljer

Why is it always the excuse that Wolverine taking hits he knows he can survive is actually a SMART tactic, and exemplifies his skill, rather than insults it, but when Deadpool does similar, all the sudden he's some punk on the street?

If deadpool didn't have a working healing factor, he'd fight a lot smarter - he IS a top-notch fighter, after all (when he's serious, anyways). But he HAS a healing factor - a DAMNED good one, too. He can afford to allow Wolverine to score as many hits as Wolverine really pleases.

erm.

What of the Shoryuken fight? I know no one brings it up as often, as there was no clear winner, but it was a damned good example of Deadpool's skill - AND there was no plot device as far as Wolverine lacking a healing factor or Deadpool having tranq darts.

eek! Somebody on this thread who's not a fanboy!

Ize19
Well, I've proven how it doesn't help their case either, but they don't seem to get that.

DP doesn't dodge, because it's imbedded within his fighting style not to dodge because he doesnt need to, and it makes it easier to exploint his opponents' weaknesses.

That's why he basically laughs in Wolverine's face, saying his hits are useless because his healing factor still works. Because he simply doesnt care enough to dodge.

Thusly, that proves nothing about Wolverine's skill. He didn't logically prove himself superior to DP in any way. DP, however, proves to be a superior battle tactician. But, the Wolverine fanboys (which I really hope your not) can't accept that, and write it off as being a fluke on DP's part, and he simply lied about blatantly tricking Wolverine. Which is a very weak argument, fueled only by their desire to find an excuse for their mascot losing. erm

Ok, you seem to be missing something here, so let me try to explain. We Wolverine fans ARE NOT trying to use this fight as evidence of Wolverine's superiority, instead, we're saying this fight has to be discounted due to it's circumstances.
And no, he doesn't prove to be tactically superior, just because he managed to take advantage of a weakened Wolverine who was in the air. That's like saying that, if Wolverine were to take on Captain America for instance, and Captain America was dominating the entire fight, without it having any affect on Wolverine, then, in the end, due to one nice maneuver on Wolverine's part, he wins the fight.
Just because Wolverine won the fight, he doesn't prove that he's more skilled than Captain America. Also, just because Cap scored more hits than Wolverine, it doesn't prove that he has an edge in skill either, due to that simply being a part of Wolverine's fighting style.

SpunkySmurph
Ok, you seem to be missing something here, so let me try to explain. We Wolverine fans ARE NOT trying to use this fight as evidence of Wolverine's superiority, instead, we're saying this fight has to be discounted due to it's circumstances.
And no, he doesn't prove to be tactically superior, just because he managed to take advantage of a weakened Wolverine who was in the air. That's like saying that, if Wolverine were to take on Captain America for instance, and Captain America was dominating the entire fight, without it having any affect on Wolverine, then, in the end, due to one nice maneuver on Wolverine's part, he wins the fight.
Just because Wolverine won the fight, he doesn't prove that he's more skilled than Captain America. Also, just because Cap scored more hits than Wolverine, it doesn't prove that he has an edge in skill either, due to that simply being a part of Wolverine's fighting style.

1. You first tell me that that fight proves Wolverine is superior to DP, then tell me youre not trying to use it as evidence that Wolverine is superior to DP, THEN tell me I can't make assumptions that DP is better then Wolverine off of one fight?

That's an AWFUL LOT of hypocrisy right there. erm

2. Further more, he didn't 'take advantage of a Wolverine that was in mid air'. That makes it sound like he suckerpunched him. He directly lured Wolverine into making an attack, then turned his attack against him.

Blind
when deadpool beat sabretooth he pulled of an upset victory and he knew it... I don't think he's going to have that same amount of luck to get the majority here... cable's put him in his place in hand to hand, wolverine's put up several good showings against him, sabretooth would put a hurting on him for the majority here.

Two or three times doesn't make it several.

Ize19
1. You first tell me that that fight proves Wolverine is superior to DP, then tell me youre not trying to use it as evidence that Wolverine is superior to DP, THEN tell me I can't make assumptions that DP is better then Wolverine off of one fight?

That's an AWFUL LOT of hypocrisy right there. erm

2. Further more, he didn't 'take advantage of a Wolverine that was in mid air'. That makes it sound like he suckerpunched him. He directly lured Wolverine into making an attack, then turned his attack against him.

You really aren't getting this. Jinzin wasn't saying that Wolverine proved superior to Deadpool in that fight , but that Deadpool in no way proved himself superior to Wolverine. Period. If you want to convince someone that Deadpool's more skilled than Wolverine, that fight does not help your case

^See that? My first post in this thread. Note the bolded part: I NEVER stated that Wolverine was superior to Deadpool because of that fight. Nor do I say that you can't make assumptions based off of one fight. I explicitly said that we WERE'NT stating that Wolverine was superior in that fight, and that the reason you couldn't base anything off of that fight was because of it's circumstances.
As for making it sound like a suckerpunch, sorry about that. What I was saying was that he made one good move, one which Wolverine was incapable of dodging just then, due to DP's ONE GOOD MOVE, and thus he managed a win. Which is exactly what my previous post was talking about.

SpunkySmurph

we see wolverine EASILY dodging gunfire from deadpool

... that right there would end the fight if DP didn't have a working healing factor? but guess what he does.

... but apparently wolverine didn't want to punch holes through DP's brain even though he thought punching holes in his lungs was okay...

...In any case that's two unanswered hits for wolverine nadda for pool

... if wolverine decided to punch on that second hit instead of SLAP, deadpool would have hit the floor regaurdless of healing factor....

... we see wolverine cutting into dp's torso... AGAIN!

... wolverine flat out beating DP to the punch

... THEN being VERY VERY charitible to Deadpool for NO apparent reason

... he was forced into tricking logan just to put him down

erm

You're right, you guys wern't at all attempting to portray Wolverine as better

Blind
And just for the record, in one of those fights, Deadpool wanted to die. Remember? He was with Dr. Bong? Well, it's this one:

http://img370.imageshack.us/my.php?image=deadpool27191zs.jpg

Here's another scan of DP:
http://img517.imageshack.us/my.php?image=wolverine154page088hs.jpg

Ize19
erm

That was just him disputing the claim that Deadpool had demonstrated superior skill to Wolverine in that fight. That WASN'T the case. If this was Wolverine and Captain America, and we tried to use my scenario from a couple of posts ago, you guys would be all over it. Doing what we're doing now. Now who's the one being hypocritical?

SpunkySmurph
That was just him disputing the claim that Deadpool had demonstrated superior skill to Wolverine in that fight. That WASN'T the case. If this was Wolverine and Captain America, and we tried to use my scenario from a couple of posts ago, you guys would be all over it. Doing what we're doing now. Now who's the one being hypocritical?

I'm not being hypocritical.

I havent claimed to be doing one thing and not another, when it is clearly the opposite.

And I don't think you're in a place to be commenting on what Jinzin's intentions were.

Are you basing this supposed hypocrisy off of how you apparently think I would have reacted to whatever scenerio it was?

Soljer
erm.

I honestly believe that Wolverine and Deadpool are approximately equals, as far as skill goes....

And, thus far, I've seen no evidence to make me believe otherwise.

Ize19
I'm not being hypocritical.

I havent claimed to be doing one thing and not another, when it is clearly the opposite.

And I don't think you're in a place to be commenting on what Jinzin's intentions were.

Are you basing this supposed hypocrisy off of how you apparently think I would have reacted to whatever scenerio it was?

The reason I'm commenting on Jinzin's intentions is because of the context of this thread. I've seen this many times before, and S-Rank outright stated that this is not the fight we would use as evidence of Wolverine's superiority, so I don't believe my comments to be unfounded.
As for your supposed hypocrisy, you're right. Sorry, it's just that I see this double standard for Wolverine so often, that I've started to see it where it doesn't exist. I had no right to call you a hypocrite, although, considering how you completely avoided my point with the Wolverine-Cap analogy, it makes me wonder why you haven't yet responded.

jinzin
Wow, it seems to be that no one takes into account the way DP normally fights, putting himself in harms way with his ADD banter is what he does. He toyed with wolverine, taking slashes because he knows he can. which is EXACTLY what we were getting at.. shock

jinzin
yes

jinzin

Why is it always the excuse that Wolverine taking hits he knows he can survive is actually a SMART tactic, and exemplifies his skill, rather than insults it, but when Deadpool does similar, all the sudden he's some punk on the street? I don't know about others, but personally to me that strategy is an insult to wolverine's skill.. he doesn't have to take bullets if he doesn't want to.. (look at origins, not one person as landed a bullet shot on the guy yet) but most of the time he doesn't care, I think this is partially to do with wolverine's berserker mentallity and partially to do with effeciency induced lazyness... am I even making sense here?

f deadpool didn't have a working healing factor, he'd fight a lot smarter - he IS a top-notch fighter, after all (when he's serious, anyways). But he HAS a healing factor - a DAMNED good one, too. He can afford to allow Wolverine to score as many hits as Wolverine really pleases.

erm. true enough.

What of the Shoryuken fight? I know no one brings it up as often, as there was no clear winner, but it was a damned good example of Deadpool's skill - AND there was no plot device as far as Wolverine lacking a healing factor or Deadpool having tranq darts. I personally don't think it's a good example of a true fight between the two considering that deadpool was literally asking wolverine to gut him... it only really illustrated what you stated about his HF above, and not too entirely much on his skill IMO

AngryManatee
Deadpool wins

jinzin
Originally posted by Blind

What the f**k?

SpunkySmurph

The problem with this analogy is that your use of this as a response makes it seem like you think that I think that DP pulled a nice manuever, which therefore means that he is tactfully superior, which THEREFORE means that he won.

What I am saying is close to that except for the last part.

If Wolverine was fighting Captain America, and Cap appears to have the edge for most of the battle (though his blows are useless as they arn't doing any damage), and, at the end, Wolvy lured Cap into a trap, and gutted him, and Cap hadn't shown any sort of manuevers that battle, I would say Wolvy had demonstrated superior tactics. Would that mean he won? No, not neccessarily. But, in terms of this fight, I have only defended DP- I havent been one that said that 'OMG he pwned Wolvereen!!1!1!!111!!'.

jinzin

What the f**k?Originally posted by SpunkySmurph
erm

don't be mad about what happened... all I did was state what friggin happened.. it's pretty simple.

jinzin

why not?.. he clearly read and understood the post unlike someone else who comes to mind.. shifty

Swanky-Tuna
And just for the record, in one of those fights, Deadpool wanted to die. Remember? He was with Dr. Bong? Well, it's this one:

http://img370.imageshack.us/my.php?image=deadpool27191zs.jpg

Here's another scan of DP:
http://img517.imageshack.us/my.php?image=wolverine154page088hs.jpg
Who drew that second one? Everything is pulled waaaay too tight.

Ize19
The problem with this analogy is that your use of this as a response makes it seem like you think that I think that DP pulled a nice manuever, which therefore means that he is tactfully superior, which THEREFORE means that he won.

What I am saying is close to that except for the last part.

If Wolverine was fighting Captain America, and Cap appears to have the edge for most of the battle (though his blows are useless as they arn't doing any damage), and, at the end, Wolvy lured Cap into a trap, and gutted him, and Cap hadn't shown any sort of manuevers that battle, I would say Wolvy had demonstrated superior tactics. Would that mean he won? No, not neccessarily. But, in terms of this fight, I have only defended DP- I havent been one that said that 'OMG he pwned Wolvereen!!1!1!!111!!'.

So what you're saying is, in that particular fight, Deadpool had the tactical edge? And if that's the case, do you see this fight as being evidence of Deadpool's superiority in fighting ability?

srankmissingnin
oky this is ridiculous... NEVER have any of you EVER seen deadpool show superior skill to wolverine in fights...... NEVER....

you may have seen deadpool walk away the victor on a couple of occasions, through the use of taking advantage of circumstances that helped to set up a win for him but you've never seen him straight up outskill wolverine PERIOD.

what do we see in wolverine 88?
It certainly wasn't an outmatched wolverine by any means..
we see wolverine EASILY dodging gunfire from deadpool and his "incredible aim" "rolleyes", and quickly closing the gap GUTTING deadpool (supposedly jabbing his claws into DP's lungs) causing deadpool to drop his rifle... that right there would end the fight if DP didn't have a working healing factor? but guess what he does.
Next: wolverine SLAPS DP in the head! he slaps him! why? I have no Ifukkindea but apparently wolverine didn't want to punch holes through DP's brain even though he thought punching holes in his lungs was okay... confused

In any case that's two unanswered hits for wolverine nadda for pool, and if wolverine decided to punch on that second hit instead of SLAP, deadpool would have hit the floor regaurdless of healing factor....

NEXT: we see wolverine cutting into dp's torso... AGAIN! and at this point Dp begins to brag about his own healing factor... and how his is working and wolverine's ain't.

NEXT: it's at THIS point that deadpool "suckers" logan, like srank said, by virtue of HF and superhuman durability DP is able to take the kick without being knocked unconcious or being beheaded. THEN he stabs logan....
funny thing about this is the fact that logan is shown leaping claws first at DP and then decides AGAIN that the claws aren't the way to go, so he instead opts for the boot to the face tactic.

Basically what we see here is wolverine flat out beating DP to the punch, THEN being VERY VERY charitible to Deadpool for NO apparent reason, and finally a BIG differance in healing factors and what they can take (deadpool's fine after being gutted and eviscerated 3 times; wolverine's having problems healing a bloody nose.... let me say that again... he couldn't even heal a BLODDY FRIGGIN NOSE!).
After that it's a simple matter of deadpool taking advantage of his opponents disadvantage.. big deal, that doesn't make him a better fighter... at all... the fact that he was forced into tricking logan just to put him down should tell you something, the fact that he had to do this against a logan who couldn't rely on a healing factor should tell you more.... JEESH...

I'll get back to this later but I got class right now.

This is what I have been saying... right?

jinzin
This is what I have been saying... right? well I know you said most of it, I thought I'd just sum it up.

srankmissingnin
well I know you said most of it, I thought I'd just sum it up.

I knew that was what I was saying...

I was worried a bit after reading rebuttals that seemed to have nothing do with what I had actually said. confused

AngryManatee
Deadpool wins

jinzin
I knew that was what I was saying...

I was worried a bit after reading rebuttals that seemed to have nothing do with what I had actually said. confused lol I feel your pain man.. sorry.

AngryManatee
Deadpool wins

srankmissingnin
Deadpool saying that he "suckered" Wolverine into his attack was trash talking, plain and simple. Deadpool is famous for it, its what he does. It was a verbal retort to Wolverine's boot in mouth line. It was a witty come back and it wasn't meant to be taken literal. For Christ's sake Deadpool was on d the entire fight, he was reacting to Wolverine, not the other way around... so how on earth does he "sucker" Wolverine into something when Logan is leading him around the dance floor? Nothing on panel supports it, all their is is a throw a way one liner from a guy who talks more trash then Spider-man and makes half as much sense.

fsufan89
Deadpool saying that he "suckered" Wolverine into his attack was trash talking, plain and simple. Deadpool is famous for it, its what he does. It was a verbal retort to Wolverine's boot in mouth line. It was a witty come back and it wasn't meant to be taken literal. For Christ's sake Deadpool was on d the entire fight, he was reacting to Wolverine, not the other way around... so how on earth does he "sucker" Wolverine into something when Logan is leading him around the dance floor? Nothing on panel supports it, all their is is a throw a way one liner from a guy who talks more trash then Spider-man and makes half as much sense.

And the trash talk isnt as funny or witty as spideys... that said sabretooth wins

Soljer
Originally posted by fsufan89
And the trash talk isnt as funny or witty as spideys... that said sabretooth wins

Deadpool's comics are a HELL of a lot funnier than Spiderman's.

What the f**k?

AngryManatee
Deadpool wins

SpunkySmurph

don't be mad about what happened... all I did was state what friggin happened.. it's pretty simple.

I'm not mad. But when he says that none of you were trying to say that Wolverine had the edge in that fight, I don't buy it.

why not?.. he clearly read and understood the post unlike someone else who comes to mind.. shifty

I know, Srank can be dense sometimes confused

So what you're saying is, in that particular fight, Deadpool had the tactical edge? And if that's the case, do you see this fight as being evidence of Deadpool's superiority in fighting ability?

I see DP as having the tactical edge in that battle. I also see him having superior fighting ability, but I wouldn't use that as my pillar of evidence, because I know what the fanboys will cry out. erm

As you say, Wolvy was apparently leading him around the dance floor. But thats how DP suckered him. For that move, he let Wolvy continue on with the upper hand, and then made a really obvious attack point, so that Wolvy would be lured into attacking him. it wasn't a snappy comeback, it was DP's point of triumph

Swanky-Tuna
If Deadpool was on the defense, it wasn't suckering but capitalizing on or exploiting a mistake.

Alfheim
I don't know about others, but personally to me that strategy is an insult to wolverine's skill.. he doesn't have to take bullets if he doesn't want to.. (look at origins, not one person as landed a bullet shot on the guy yet)

Im sorry im still pissed about that Caps vs Wolverine fight...c'mon man......geezzz

Soljer
If Deadpool was on the defense, it wasn't suckering but capitalizing on or exploiting a mistake.

Not necessarily.

Example: We're dancing around the ring, you've been on the offense for the most part, throwing punches, keeping me kinda turtled in.

All I need to do is drop my guard a little bit more on the left, than on the right, and expect for you to try to throw a right hook. I then loop your arm, and drop down for the fireman's carry. Flip you to the ground, still holding your arm, throw a leg over you, and snap your elbow.

Did I sucker you into throwing that right hook, or did I capitilize upon your mistake?

Eh. Both. smile.

Ize19
I see DP as having the tactical edge in that battle. I also see him having superior fighting ability, but I wouldn't use that as my pillar of evidence, because I know what the fanboys will cry out. erm

So then, in your opinion, saying that this fight should not be counted due to Wolverine's lack of a healing factor, is a fanboy statement? Really? So now we don't have to look at the different factors that go into a fight, if character A won, he's superior, and anyone who says otherwise is a fanboy? I'm sorry, but that just doesn't cut it. Context is everything, and just because someone won one highly situational fight, doesn't mean that anyone that doesn't accept those results as being decisive is a fanboy.

Sparkz
Is it just me, but aren't being a superior taction and fighting skill two different things?

Isn't it fair to say Wolverine was demonstarating superior skill but Deadpool had a more tactical advantage being able to take all of Wolverines attacks looking for an opening. And before you say it Wolverine did show superior skill because it must have taken Deadpool about 3 attempts to finaly bring his plan into action, as logan scored 3 hits or so before then.

jrodslam
Is it just me, but aren't being a superior taction and fighting skill two different things?

Its not just you. Its the truth.

Metalmanx

Isn't it fair to say Wolverine was demonstarating superior skill but Deadpool had a more tactical advantage being able to take all of Wolverines attacks looking for an opening. And before you say it Wolverine did show superior skill because it must have taken Deadpool about 3 attempts to finaly bring his plan into action, as logan scored 3 hits or so before then.

Still debatable.

Real-world example. The martial art known as Muay Thai (Thai-style kickboxing). One of its key features is allowing your opponent to strike and hit you. Then you use his very open post-strike position to thrash and destroy him.

My point is it can be argued that Deadpool showed superior or, at the very least, equivalent fighting skill when facing Wolverine.

Edit: But yea. Deadpool is definitely the more tactical fighter.

Sparkz
Originally posted by Metalmanx
Still debatable.

Real-world example. The martial art known as Muay Thai (Thai-style kickboxing). One of its key features is allowing your opponent to strike and hit you. Then you use his very open post-strike position to thrash and destroy him.

My point is it can be argued that Deadpool showed superior or, at the very least, equivalent fighting skill when facing Wolverine.

Edit: But yea. Deadpool is definitely the more tactical fighter.

Again though, all this shows is DP had a far better fighting stratagey not that he outskilled Logan.

harri
dp by a mile you suckas

Metalmanx
Again though, all this shows is DP had a far better fighting stratagey not that he outskilled Logan.

How so? Would you call a highly-trained and accomplished Muay Thai fighter a worse fighter than an opponent who is well-versed in many styles? Even if this opponent is beat?

AngryManatee
Fighting strategy + fighting Style > fighting stylez

jinzin

couldn't have said it better myself...

though I would also say that the argument of deadpool allowing hiself to be hit cause he knows he can take it, is still up for debate.

i have more to say on that but i gotta go right now.

SpunkySmurph
So then, in your opinion, saying that this fight should not be counted due to Wolverine's lack of a healing factor, is a fanboy statement? Really? So now we don't have to look at the different factors that go into a fight, if character A won, he's superior, and anyone who says otherwise is a fanboy? I'm sorry, but that just doesn't cut it. Context is everything, and just because someone won one highly situational fight, doesn't mean that anyone that doesn't accept those results as being decisive is a fanboy.

You're right. That wouldn't cut it. But thats not the response I gave. I'm not calling them fanboys because they disagree on why the outcome of the fight was what it was, I'm calling them fanboys because they're willing to go against the blinding obvious just in order to prove that they're character was actually superior.

And like I said, I'm not using this fight as a basis for the belief that DP is ultimatley superior

Swanky-Tuna
Not necessarily.

Example: We're dancing around the ring, you've been on the offense for the most part, throwing punches, keeping me kinda turtled in.

All I need to do is drop my guard a little bit more on the left, than on the right, and expect for you to try to throw a right hook. I then loop your arm, and drop down for the fireman's carry. Flip you to the ground, still holding your arm, throw a leg over you, and snap your elbow.

Did I sucker you into throwing that right hook, or did I capitilize upon your mistake?

Eh. Both. smile.
But what if I have great BJJ?

Dr.Crankenstein
Deadpool wins.

TricksterPriest
Ok, I need to set the record straight on a few things.

Both Smurf/Soljer and Jinzin are right. Deadpool's aim used to be spectacular. But, as pointed out, it got destroyed during the 4 winds arc. Reason: The Black Swan. The Swan is the guy who actually pulled that job, Wade just got the credit. This incident not only wrecked DP's aim, it also created Alex Hayden, aka Nijo, aka Agent X. X got Black Swan's gun skills, and possibly Wade's as well.

AFAIK, sometime after this, Wade eventually got his gun skills back. But there was a period where his aim was downright pathetic, as demonstrated in his fight against Rhino.

Wade's gotten skill props from T'challa, Shen Kuei, and Domino. The Shen Kuei fight is basically DP having a fanboy moment, but Kuei said that he couldn't beat DP in a serious fight.

My problem here, is that as shown in C/D......44?......Wade doesn't have the firepower to take Sabes down with standard equip. But neither can Sabes take Wade out.

And for the last time, does Sabes have the skeleton or not?

EvilTyrant
Let me sum everything up for you guys, I got mostly every fight between Sabretooth and Deadpool and Dp vs. Wolverine. 1. I think Deadpool is scared of Sabretooth, or its the fact that Creed is a murderer and will not hesitated to kill Wade. I believe they fought twice in the WeaponX series. One thing I notice when Wade is against Creed is that he doesn't hold back. One time he unloads a ton of bullets on Creed. Sabretooth was a bloody mess but said something like "once you run out of bullets then its my turn." But in the 2 fights Sabretooth was victorious. Now on Wolverine vs Deadpool, I have all there fights as well. For some reason I think these two respect each other more then they care to admit. Neither does more damage to the other that they wont survive. But yes Wolverine is the better of the 2, just think about it, DP never really attacks him straight up if Wolverine is at 100% unless Wade is crazy at the moment. He always has something to give him the advantage. Only time he attacked him straight on was when his healing factor was on the fritz. Gotta admit that was a nice sucker move he put on Logan. <sorry for long post>

Endrict Nuul
Creed carves Wilson up pretty damn bad and takes the win 7-8/10

The Real Wolvie
Okay..so basically, what we see is that Deadpool has to cheat the entire fight just avoid getting murdered, right? Oh yes..it shows such strategic brilliance to pay a woman to scream so that you don't get stabbed to death by someone who is practically raping you. And did you even see how Daniel Way depicted Deadpool's thoughts? He wasn't even in the right frame of mind half the time, so how anyone thinks he was trying to execute some brilliant tactical maneuver during the entire plot is beyond me. I mean, doesn't Deadpool admit that he can't hang with Logan in a knife fight during one of the issues? I believe it went along the lines of Wolverine challenging Wade to a knife fight and Deadpool responding with something to the effect of "I'm not that crazy". Deadpool was perfectly content to stick with guns for 90% of what went on. It must be because he's brilliant and trying to sucker punch Logan. As if anyone could have predicted the billions of things that Wolverine COULD have potentially done in order to counteract Wade, let alone someone who sees Wolverine as a sniveling cowboy half the time due to the fact that his grasp on reality is well..not even there really. Doesn't it take someone who has a fairly concise idea of what's real and what's not in order to be able to be able to somehow predict what Wolverine will do next. Unless Wolverine is just a mindless ape like Daniel Way falsely sees him as. Wolverine here is written rather horribly as if he has no brains and no experience.

On a note that no one has seemed to touch on....anything that Daniel Way writes about Wolverine should be disregarded and thrown out the window completely. I mean, this is the same guy that has Wolverine leaping at his opponents claws straight out in every second issue. This is also the same writer that had Nick Fury of all people use a judo hold to take down Wolverine. Anyone who has read the classic 1982 miniseries entitled "Wolverine" knows that Wolverine doesn't fight in this fashion..EVER. Not even when berzerk. Heck, anyone read the Kitty Pryde/Wolverine miniseries by Chris Claremont? To me, this sums up Wolverine even more than the 82 series.

Oh, and about tactics...you have to remember that according to Daniel Way, Wolverine needs to blow up a store in order to break into a bank..a bank which he cracked up dressed up as a fireman with an axe...I'm not kidding. Just think about that for a couple of seconds. Daniel Way doesn't have a clue about Wolverine. Not even the slightest.

Oh, and as far as Deadpool vs Sabretooth goes...it would depend whether or not Sabs has his adamantium I think cause Wade would unload clips into his skull like mad.

jinzin
Originally posted by The Real Wolvie
Oh, and as far as Deadpool vs Sabretooth goes...it would depend whether or not Sabs has his adamantium I think cause Wade would unload clips into his skull like mad. Even without the adamantium Deadpool has tried and failed.

The Real Wolvie
Even without the adamantium Deadpool has tried and failed.

That's retarded...unless Creed dodges absolutely everything. I mean common, a bone claw from Wolverine labotomized Sabs yet a clip full of nine mills just bounce off?

jinzin
Well I dunno about retarded.. In the 80's his muscles were so dense that Warbird couldn't take him down with a nerve pinch. His adamantium free skeleton has shown enough times to take brick punches and all this before two upgrades. His skeleton, it could very well be bullet proof to a degree. And his healing factor at the end of his career was surviving him having a broken neck and running away as soon as he hit the ground.

Mindset
How is Sabertooth beating DP?

jinzin
by beating the tar out of him? confused

Mindset
Because that works so well for everyone else right, it's not like DP doesn't have one of the best, if not the best regens in Marvel.

jinzin
Works pretty damned well for Wolverine. And given that Sabretooth is bigger, stronger and faster it stands to reason that Deadpool gets slaughtered in this fight... even if he does piece himself together later that day.

The Real Wolvie
Works pretty damned well for Wolverine. And given that Sabretooth is bigger, stronger and faster it stands to reason that Deadpool gets slaughtered in this fight... even if he does piece himself together later that day.

Don't forget though, that Wolverine's edge in skill over Creed has given the former many victories over the years. So I think that Wade's edge in skill should play a huge factor when he's fighting Sabs. What works for Wolverine works for Sabretooth right? Well I think that works for Wolverine can also work for Deadpool.

Anyway, I'm now curious as to how well Wolverine faired against Sabretooth back when his bones and muscles were so dense. Anyone care to tell?

Mindset

But it doesn't work for Wolverine, Deadpool pretty much heals instantly, and can not be koed by even a lot of trauma and blood loss.

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l54/Markymark_016/deadpool-2.jpg

The Real Wolvie
Originally posted by Mindset
But it doesn't work for Wolverine, Deadpool pretty much heals instantly, and can not be koed by even a lot of trauma and blood loss.

It was working well enough for Deadpool to have to resort to cheating...

And from what I recall Deadpool's healing factor depends on his state of mind.

Also, he heals fast but he didn't heal so instantly when Daken cut his hand off.

Essentially, if you remove the head from the body and chop the brain up into little bits, there's no way DP should make it

llagrok
I don't think it's impossible for martial artists to take down Wolverine or Sabretooth.

Just him 'em in the right places fast enough.

HueyFreeman

Also, he heals fast but he didn't heal so instantly when Daken cut his hand off.

Essentially, if you remove the head from the body and chop the brain up into little bits, there's no way DP should make it Hes been goo before.

Mindset

Essentially, if you remove the head from the body and chop the brain up into little bits, there's no way DP should make it
From what I've read of Deadpool, which is basically everything, his healing factor does not depend on his state of mind, and how did Deadpool resort to cheating, if you mean his plans, then that was all to catch Wolverine, he wasn't trying to kill him, or in fear of being beaten.

Deadpools appearance in Origins has been less than stellar to say the least, as I just showed you. He did not pass out from being impaled by the tendrils through his vital organs and even one in the head, yet he is koed by Logan's claws in his chest.

The only one who is shown to be competent in my opinion in Origins is Wolverine. Deadpools perfomances in Ogirins have been lower than those in Cable & Deadpool and his old solo series.

Battlehammer
Originally posted by llagrok
I don't think it's impossible for martial artists to take down Wolverine or Sabretooth.

would never work. Nerve strikes and pressure points do not work.

jinzin
Don't forget though, that Wolverine's edge in skill over Creed has given the former many victories over the years. So I think that Wade's edge in skill should play a huge factor when he's fighting Sabs. What works for Wolverine works for Sabretooth right? Well I think that works for Wolverine can also work for Deadpool.

It's gonna be the ONLY factor that'd keep Deadpool in the fight.

DP was really nothing more than a minor annoyance the last couple times they've had it out.

And... Wolverine's got the edge over DP in skill as well so I don't think his feats are as useable.

When it comes to HF, strength, and speed we can use Wolverine as a standard since Sabretooth is >Wolverine in those categories..
But we can't apply skill in that same standard because Creed doesn't have that edge.

DP maybe better than Logan as healing (Though I'm not entirely convinced at the moment), but his skill is < Wolverines. erm

Aside from that Wolverine can make 3 puncture wounds or cuts per attack as opposed to DP's 1. It does a lot more damage to repair a lot quicker.

Anyway, I'm now curious as to how well Wolverine faired against Sabretooth back when his bones and muscles were so dense. Anyone care to tell? They still are. Both parties crashed a Blackbird, Wolverine came out the inferno a walking skeleton but Creed only suffered a little skin loss and hair.

jinzin
Originally posted by llagrok

true.

carver9
I really dont get where you all are getting the fact that deadpool is more skilled then sabertooth when it comes to combat. Sabertooth is just as skilled, hell he could be MORE skilled. On both bio's it marks both of them at 6 and if you read there training both have been trained in the same areas. Deadpool just use his more because sabertooth dont have the tools that deadpool has, he only has his hands as weapons.

Deadpool has no edge in this battle. Whatever deadpool can heal from, sabertooth and wolverine can heal from the same thing. What hopes does deadpool have against a guy that blitzed wolverine and had wolverine helpless to defend himself.What hopes does deadpool have against a guy that when he got his adamantium he basically walked through bullets which is one of deadpools key factors in this fight.

I give this fight 8/10 to sabertooth and I cant find how deadpool is even going to get the 2 wins that Im giving him. Sabertooth have the edge in strength (15tons), speed (blitzed wolverine), and could have the edge in healing factor. Hes equal and could be better then deadpool in skill, what way is deadpool winning this fight.

Mindset
Apart from Sabertooth ripping Deadpool's head off I don't see how he wins.

jinzin
Originally posted by carver9
I really dont get where you all are getting the fact that deadpool is more skilled then sabertooth when it comes to combat. Sabertooth is just as skilled, hell he could be MORE skilled. On both bio's it marks both of them at 6 and if you read there training both have been trained in the same areas. Deadpool just use his more because sabertooth dont have the tools that deadpool has, he only has his hands as weapons.

Deadpool has no edge in this battle. Whatever deadpool can heal from, sabertooth and wolverine can heal from the same thing. What hopes does deadpool have against a guy that blitzed wolverine and had wolverine helpless to defend himself.What hopes does deadpool have against a guy that when he got his adamantium he basically walked through bullets which is one of deadpools key factors in this fight.

I give this fight 8/10 to sabertooth and I cant find how deadpool is even going to get the 2 wins that Im giving him. Sabertooth have the edge in strength (15tons), speed (blitzed wolverine), and could have the edge in healing factor. Hes equal and could be better then deadpool in skill, what way is deadpool winning this fight.

Joke making advantage ftw?

How about just crushing his skull...

anyways ripping his head off isn't a tactic Sabretooth wouldn't use. He's done it when he fought the spetznas super soldiers as well as street thugs, a giant squid, he made the attempt on Killpower, and a Shiva android.

carver9

I kinda agree with this because both of them have an amazing healing factor. This battle falls on who healing factor tax out 1st but since sabertooth is faster then dp he should be able to land more licks which could help him in the long run.

carver9
Joke making advantage ftw?

How about just crushing his skull...

anyways ripping his head off isn't a tactic Sabretooth wouldn't use. He's done it when he fought the spetznas super soldiers.

Where are you getting deadpool being better then sabertooth in skill.

jinzin
Where are you getting deadpool being better then sabertooth in skill. the fact that DP uses more more often.

carver9
the fact that DP uses more more often.

Deadpool uses his more often then a lot of great martial artist in comics. Hell I'll even say that he uses it more then cap but I know for a fact that cap is a better fighter. Sabertooth is a vicious character that relies on his strength, claws, and speed, why would he need to resort to his skill but (I know this isnt cannon) if you look at exiles sabertooth, which isnt as vicious and is more laid back, he IS what sabertooth would be if he resorted to using his skill.

jinzin
Deadpool uses his more often then a lot of great martial artist in comics. Hell I'll even say that he uses it more then cap but I know for a fact that cap is a better fighter. Sabertooth is a vicious character that relies on his strength, claws, and speed, why would he need to resort to his skill but (I know this isnt cannon) if you look at exiles sabertooth, which isnt as vicious and is more laid back, he IS what sabertooth would be if he resorted to using his skill. Well 616 Sabes is very skilled I just don't think he'd be prone to using it in a fight tween th two.

carver9
Well 616 Sabes is very skilled I just don't think he'd be prone to using it in a fight tween th two.

I kinda agree since he does rely alot on his healing factor but he did use his skill when he freed wolverine from (I forgot the name of that prison) prison. Hell, he used his skill when he freed himself from the holding cell that xavier had him in at the xmansion when wolverine put his claw in his brain. He did roundhouses and drop kicks. He uses his skill when it needs to be used and against deadpool I dont think that it needs to be used since he is far superior to deadpool in almost every aspect. The only real thing that is keeping deadpool from losing this fight in seconds is his healing factor.

Again, sabertooth is everything deadpool is plus interest. If he thinks that he had a hard time with wolverine, hes really going to get stomped fighting sabertooth. Sabertooth>>Deadpool

The Real Wolvie
I kinda agree since he does rely alot on his healing factor but he did use his skill when he freed wolverine from (I forgot the name of that prison) prison. Hell, he used his skill when he freed himself from the holding cell that xavier had him in at the xmansion when wolverine put his claw in his brain. He did roundhouses and drop kicks. He uses his skill when it needs to be used and against deadpool I dont think that it needs to be used since he is far superior to deadpool in almost every aspect. The only real thing that is keeping deadpool from losing this fight in seconds is his healing factor.

Again, sabertooth is everything deadpool is plus interest. If he thinks that he had a hard time with wolverine, hes really going to get stomped fighting sabertooth. Sabertooth>>Deadpool

Sabretooth was depicted as having NO skill at the point he escaped from the holding cell. Remember the fight after that, in Wolverine 125 Claremont pointed out that Creed has the skills of a ball broom brawler but that he has a hair-fraction edge when compared to Logan regarding HF, viciousness, strength and speed.

Also, if you look at the origins comic, NEITHER Wolverine OR DP are written to their potentials. I mean, Logan isn't that Dumb, and DP isn't that bad of a fighter. Whether or not he was trying to capture Logan or not isn't the point. Why do you have to hire other people if you have the skills to take Logan down yourself? I mean, there's no reason to intentionally lose to Wolverine in a fight unless, you're a glutton for punishment. That being said, I don't think DP would have tried to capture Wolverine this way. I mean, there's much MUCH better ways to take Logan down, and yes DP is capable of those ways. For example, why not just hit him with tranq darts, cut his throat, then tie him up and drown him?

You don't need to hire Piano movers and average chicks off the street, honestly that was just a waste of time. Much like Origins has been thus far anyway.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>