how many yrs hav passed since they all left high skool....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Anakin16
in season 6. i just wanna know coz i'm sure i saw lana drinkink wine in one of the episode i kno in america u have to be 21 to drink

Kal875
a year or 2,

Kal875
Or she's 18 and she likes to drink alot. smile

NoFate007
Well, if you think about it as basically being a year per season, at the end of season 4 they should've been graduating (I'm not sure if that matches up or not though, off the top of my head), so season 6 would be the second year they would be out of high school.

Jedi Priestess
They showed their graduation in an episode entitled oddly enough laughing out loud "Commencement" wink

It was the season finale for season 4.

NoFate007
Then it does match up, so yeah, 2 years roughly.

Entity
Did Lana buy the alcohol because she wouldn't have to be 21 to just drink it.
You have to be 21 to purchase alcohol. Only gotta be 18 to drink it. legally!!!

Dan-El
Hmmm... either she is drinking underage, or the drinking age is lower in Kansas

Dan-El
Originally posted by Dan-El
Hmmm... either she is drinking underage, or the drinking age is lower in Kansas

Okay, it's underage drinking. I checked it out. But hopefully she's doing it responsibly! Besides, people are lenient when it comes to Wine.

Jedi Priestess
Originally posted by Entity
Did Lana buy the alcohol because she wouldn't have to be 21 to just drink it.
You have to be 21 to purchase alcohol. Only gotta be 18 to drink it. legally!!!

In Kansas you have to be 21 to both buy or drink alcohol. Trust me I live here.

Also in the episode "Spell" Lex pointed out that Lana ( As Isobel) was under aged when she asked for the wine.

Kal875
you live in Kansas? Thats Bad Ass!

Mairuzu
Whats so good about Kansas!? TOTO!!!!!!

Kal875
Its just wicked cool, It's better than living in plain old New England

Entity
Well allot of you may think that Tennessee is just some backward hick state and there are parts of that here but, you can find the same things in any other state. But I have lived on the TN KY state line my whole life and wouldn't have it any other way. Trust me I have visited several other states.

But back on topic,
I honestly can't say with certainty about Kansas but, it is a common misconception that in both TN and KY the drinking age is 21. It is 21 but that only means you can't buy alcohol until your 21, you can still drink without breaking the law if your 18 and not violating any other laws. Such as public intoxication. I bought my house when I was 19 and would sit on my porch and drink and talk to police I know. Since I live out of city limits they couldn't touch me unless I caused a disturbance.

Something else I alway wondered about Superman comics. Isn't Metropolis supposed to be like Chicago in the DC world.
Like Gotham is the DC New York, well it was before they started adding real places to the books and Nightwing moved to New York.

Bardock42
I don't think it was meant to symbolize Chicago. It was just a futuristic city. I always saw Gotham as the Darker of New York and Metropolis as the lighter. I mean, Gotham is obviously based on New York.

Entity
Well, I said I always thought Gotham was New York but, always saw Metropolis as Chicago. Maybe its just me?

Anyone else with me???

Kal875
kind of....

kryptoheat69
If its already been two years and clark is still iving with his mom that's kind of sad smile

H. S. 6
Something else I alway wondered about Superman comics. Isn't Metropolis supposed to be like Chicago in the DC world.
Like Gotham is the DC New York, well it was before they started adding real places to the books and Nightwing moved to New York.

This isn't directly related to what you said, but I remember reading a web site that used references from the comics to try to locate where Gotham, Metropolis, etc. were located relative to the real world.

I remember they mentioned Gotham was probably somewhere in New Jersey, and Metropolis somewhere in the Mid-Western/Middle of the United States.

How accurate that is, I don't know, as I'm not such a big DC fan. I'll see if I can find that link.

Entity
Originally posted by H. S. 6
This isn't directly related to what you said, but I remember reading a web site that used references from the comics to try to locate where Gotham, Metropolis, etc. were located relative to the real world.

I remember they mentioned Gotham was probably somewhere in New Jersey, and Metropolis somewhere in the Mid-Western/Middle of the United States.

How accurate that is, I don't know, as I'm not such a big DC fan. I'll see if I can find that link.

Sweet! and thanks!

Its not really that important but, I have just always considered it to be DC's Chicago. I mean it is a big metropolitan area in the middle of the US and it seems to be relatively close to Kansas. Plus the look of it always said Chicago to me.

Just my opinion thou but, NO ONE is telling me Gotham's not New York!!

Jamaican
Lol good point. She doesn't buy SH@! anymore, Lex purchases everything.

I don't think it matters. I mean come on, if you're at home (under 21) and the liquor is there, and you want some, you're gonna have. I'm sure if she can start taking drugs and not get caught by authorities (even if they are kryptonite based) you aren't gonna get stopped drinking some wine. Plus, that shouldn't suprise you, many a time have they shown underagers drinking on Smallville.

Yes - I believe Gotham would be the New York of the real world. Manhattan being where the action is, and upstate (the outskirts) being where Wayne Manor is, Arkham etc. etc.

Although so should Metropolis. Except that it should be the nicer/brighter parts of Manhattan - Times Square, Central Park. I guess Chicago could work.

Dru-Zod
Each season is 1 year right? Then can some1 explain to me this:

In Crusade, we see Chloe's Tombstone and it says 1987-2004 making her 17 and that would mean that she's 14 in the second season. I don't know if any1 else noticed, but Pete drives a car and i think other ppl like Chloe and Lana also drive. Isn't that a bit illogical? Even for Smallville?

Dan-El
Well, I said I always thought Gotham was New York but, always saw Metropolis as Chicago. Maybe its just me?

Anyone else with me???

Back in the day, the writers used to claim that Metropolis and Gotham were BOTH New York City, but at different locations and times.

From Wikipedia (on Metropolis):
"Longtime Batman writer and editor Dennis O'Neil also said figuratively that Metropolis is New York above 14th Street on a warm spring day, and that Gotham City is New York below 14th Street on a cold, rainy autumn night."

Dan-El
Originally posted by Dru-Zod
Each season is 1 year right? Then can some1 explain to me this:

In Crusade, we see Chloe's Tombstone and it says 1987-2004 making her 17 and that would mean that she's 14 in the second season. I don't know if any1 else noticed, but Pete drives a car and i think other ppl like Chloe and Lana also drive. Isn't that a bit illogical? Even for Smallville?

Depends on her birthday in relation to the date of death. Also, in some states, the age at which you get a license differs. Sometimes it's 14, others 16, etc.

Darth Macabre
Originally posted by kryptoheat69
If its already been two years and clark is still iving with his mom that's kind of sad smile Um, no, not really....Unless you think it's weird that he works a farm.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.