Is Iron Man as bad as the fans make out... ?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Lucid Lui
Simple question (the answer won't be though)...

Is Tony Stark being over-villified by the majority of fans?

xmarksthespot
No. But then I've never particularly liked Iron Man to begin with.

DarkCrawler
A bit.

He is acting like an a-hole, though.

marvelprince
Villian? No. Dick? Yea.

Classic Tony imo

NoFate007
I wouldn't consider him a villain (at least not at this point) but he's being more of an ass than normal.

ScarletSpider
He simply has an agenda that, while I think it is honorable, is simply being carried out improperly. His idea for a superhero team for all 50 states is very admirable, not only fighting crime, but emergency response, putting out fires, helping out during natural disasters, etc. Tell me you wouldn't want the Avengers helping out if your town was hit with a hurricane or something.

However, the manner in which he is making his goals come to fruition is a bit suspect. The manner in which they capture and detain super people seems a bit unconstitutional to me. We've seen no trials, imprisonment seems to be a bit cruel and unusual, etc. That's just in my mind though. I can see where Iron Man's coming from, and it's a laudable goal, but he's stepped over the line in trying to achieve his goal.

Validus
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
A bit.

He is acting like an a-hole, though.
Basically and I'm with X in the sense that I was never a fan in the first place so the recent dickery is just an added cherry on top.

H. S. 6
Honestly, I think the characterization of Tony in Civil War has been pretty much spot-on.

Howard_Jones
Nobody's really been out of character as much as a lot of the whiners have been saying they are. I think the writing has been very good.

Scoobless
He's just standing up for what he believes is right... same as Cap is doing, they just happen to be on opposite sides (and not for the first time)

S-Ranger
Don't blame the fan's they're just making judgements from what they've got material wise. Sure people should look at it that Tony is standing up for what he believes in but at the end of the day Marvel is playing on the fact we love a hero and a villain and is painting them in there respective ways but obviously in the long run Marvel know that there is going to be no winners and it's interesting cause they show Tony doing what he's go to do and Cap and vice-versa and take's the concept of hero and villain out of the box and makes you think.

Deathstroke
First off, Tony is by far my favorite Marvel character. With that said it was a lot easier to see where he was coming from before he started using villains to track down people. It's hard to sympathize with his side when he does that.

Zahit
Originally posted by Scoobless
He's just standing up for what he believes is right... same as Cap is doing, they just happen to be on opposite sides (and not for the first time)
yes

I think the characterizations are handled very well and people
are just too quick to jump on the whole "Tony's evil" nonsense.
There's still more to be revealed. Clearly he knows something
that the others don't. Some of his tactics are a bit shocking,
I must admit, but hey......there's more to be revealed.

just be happy it's a storyline that doesn't revolve
around Wolverine getting the Infinity Gauntlet.
....or his writers.......

stick out tongue

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.