Top 10 martial arts

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Turtlethomas
Top ten martial artists ever in Marvel or DC

Galan777
#1. Karate Kid

Turtlethomas
karate kid isnt fro one of those...

Faceman
#2. Karnak

Faceman
Originally posted by Turtlethomas
karate kid isnt fro one of those... laughing

Ichigo66666
karate kid isnt fro one of those...

He is from DC.

Batman 1 million is up there.

Galan777
karate kid isnt fro one of those... He is from DC laddie.

Turtlethomas
karate kid is from dc?? i thought you meant the one from the movies

Galan777
-Karate Kid Bio; (from DC comics)- roll eyes (sarcastic)

Turtlethomas
didnt knew him

Soljer
Karnak, Gamora, Karate Kid, Captain America, Batman One Million, Composite Superman, Iron Fist, Shang Chi, Lady Shiva, Constantine Drakon (Shut up, Batdude, stick out tongue), Richard Dragon, Batman, Bronze Tiger, Cass....

Just a few of the greats off the top of my head, in no order, obviously.

Validus
Originally posted by Soljer
Karnak, Gamora, Karate Kid, Captain America, Batman One Million, Composite Superman, Iron Fist, Shang Chi, Lady Shiva, Constantine Drakon (Shut up, Batdude, stick out tongue), Richard Dragon, Batman, Bronze Tiger, Cass....

You forgot masterbruce.

Turtlethomas
i think wolverine is better than karate kid...

Turtlethomas
validus, why are you guys making fun of him??

Galan777
i think wolverine is better than karate kid... laughing

Ichigo66666
i think wolverine is better than karate kid...

laughing laughing laughing Please no more. laughing laughing laughing

Turtlethomas

Galan777

Turtlethomas
i was insulting wolverinefanboysmessed

Soljer
Taskmaster, Champion, Ogun, Deadpool, Stick, Mantis, Shen Kuei, Black Panther, Daredevil, Elektra, Bucky...

Some others that came to mind.

Oh, and Masterbruce is definitely number 1. He has studied 127 martial arts and trained his body to human perfection.

Ichigo66666

Turtlethomas
i dunno is masterbruce is talking true, but stop insulting the guy

Soljer
Originally posted by Ichigo66666
About 3 months late for that joke. no expression

No, if we started joking about a 580kg kick...

Soljer
i dunno is masterbruce is talking true, but stop insulting the guy

No one's insulting him! We're all in awe of his AMAZING accomplishments. He's studied bulllshido since he was 4! He has it down to an art form...

Ichigo66666
No, if we started joking about a 580kg kick...

Yes, the Wolbereen pwns jokes just need to die.

Galan777
No one's insulting him! We're all in awe of his AMAZING accomplishments. He's studied bulllshido since he was 4! He has it down to an art form... Yep, this is exactly what Masterbruce himself said:

I'm not a comic book character (at least I'm not aware of) so this may be closed.

In all honesty, I probably will lose to all the street levelers in comics (maybe I can take Robin on a good day, assuming I'm stronger than him and he is too overconfident). But they're just too good and unrealistic, they can dodge machine gun fire, I can't.

I'll be the first one to admit that I'm not the best fighter out there. I'm no where near Bruce Wayne's level in either knowledge of the martial arts or physical prowess. I have however maximized most of my physical abilities as much as my god given genes have allowed, so I'm no slouch either. I'm certainly close to peak human in the real world, not Captain America level peak human.

I am however gifted with extreme intelligence. My mind is my best weapon and I keep it sharp. This is a huge advantage against the dimwitted thugs that I usually encounter. They often underestimate me because I don't look very intimidating, therefore they fight with less effort and less smarts and I take that into my advantage and usually clean their clocks. The 2 or 3 times when I wasn't so lucky, I was able to get out without being too badly injured (just broken nose, black eye, some internal bleeding) but I was prob fortunate.

My success is that I account for every possibility in a situation. Therefore if I do decide to use force in a situation, i already have a contingency plan if I am unable to subdue my enemy.

It was from this thread:
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f77/t430099.html

Turtlethomas
thats the lamest reason ever to make fun of him... he wrote he was a good fighter, not that he was superman...

Validus
No one's insulting him! We're all in awe of his AMAZING accomplishments. He's studied bulllshido since he was 4! He has it down to an art form...
Bullshido laughing out loud

Soljer
Originally posted by Validus
Bullshido laughing out loud

wink.

Turtlethomas
thats the lamest reason ever to make fun of him... he wrote he was a good fighter, not that he was superman...

nvrbeenwthagirl
1.Karate Kid
2.Karnack-Gamora
3.BatMan One million
4.Batgirl
5.Wolverine
6.Batman
7.Wonder Woman
8.Elektra
9.Zealot
10Green Arrow #2

masterbruce
whatever, guys, believe what you want. Let your mind be as closed and small as it is.

I guess I should've just kept my mouth shut or claimed that I am 5'6 250 lb fat tub of lard with pimples and zits and that I wear coke bottle glasses and metal braces. Nobody would've mocked me or called me a bullshitter then because I would be welcomed into the fanboy club with open arms.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by masterbruce
whatever, guys, believe what you want. Let your mind be as closed and small as it is.

I guess I should've just kept my mouth shut or claimed that I am 5'6 250 lb fat tub of lard with pimples and zits and that I wear coke bottle glasses and metal braces. Nobody would've mocked me or called me a bullshitter then because I would be welcomed into the fanboy club with open arms.

Welcome. May your stay be as pleasant here as mine has been.

Turtlethomas
good point, bruce... they insults people who actually are doing something different than sitting with their pcs... i train martial arts tosmile which ones do you train??

Ichigo66666
good point, bruce... they insults people who actually are doing something different than sitting with their pcs... i train martial arts tosmile which ones do you train??

He trains all of them. Including Bullshido, he was 4 when he started.

nvr, bruce and Thomas should start the KMC outcasts.

nvrbeenwthagirl
He trains all of them. Including Bullshido, he was 4 when he started.

nvr, bruce and Thomas should start the KMC outcasts.

And you should stop Jagging off while on the puter. Your keys are starting to stick. tardo.

masterbruce

Kung Fu (class)
Tae Kwon Do (class)
Akido(class)

Muay Thai (friend)
Capoeira (friend)

Krav Maga (book)
Ninjutsu (book)

and others that I haven't mastered

Ichigo66666
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
And you should stop Jagging off while on the puter.

Oooh, top class insult there nvrhadaclue.

You should just leave and make that group.

Captain SEX
or you could lay off. I also find it stupid to mess with someone just because they claim to be a good fighter. Wither their lying or not is irrelevant.

Turtlethomas
its a place to discuss battles between comic book charactersmessed no place to be ashamed of being a nobody... but how will youre knowledge of comic books help you in real life?? our martial art-training can help much. so dont insult things beyond our world, as we dont insult yours

Ichigo66666
Originally posted by masterbruce
Kung Fu (class)
Tae Kwon Do (class)
Akido(class)

Muay Thai (friend)
Capoeira (friend)

Krav Maga (book)
Ninjutsu (book)

Bullshido (made up)

Ichigo66666
Originally posted by Captain SEX
or you could lay off. I also find it stupid to mess with someone just because they claim to be a good fighter. Wither their lying or not is irrelevant.

Or you could just shoo.

Ichigo66666
its a place to discuss battles between comic book charactersmessed no place to be ashamed of being a nobody... but how will youre knowledge of comic books help you in real life?? our martial art-training can help much. so dont insult things beyond our world, as we dont insult yours

Martial Arts won't help in a street brawl. Or a pub fight, mate.

Turtlethomas
martial arts have helped me much...

boxing
tae kwon do
karate
kung-fu

gives good varitaions of moves in brawls

i will admit, i lose sometimes, but i wins more than i loses. much more

thedude1948
Martial Arts won't help in a street brawl. Or a pub fight, mate.

So you are telling me random "Street Fighter" will take out a boxer or wrestler just because they are in a bar?

Faceman
1 Masterbruce
2 Champ
3 Karate Kid
4 Karnak
5 Gamora
6 Ironfist
7 Toss up

Ichigo66666
Originally posted by thedude1948
So you are telling me random "Street Fighter" will take out a boxer or wrestler just because they are in a bar?

Your Karate Chop will not help against a wooden stool or a glass bottle my friend.

Turtlethomas
i have seen enough already. most of you are nerds with no knowledge of martial arts. because you are used to get beaten up by the bullies doesnt mean that others cant protect them self

thedude1948
Your Karate Chop will not help against a wooden stool or a glass bottle my friend.

So Boxers and wrestlers "Karate Chop"?, you are basically telling me no training > Training. anyone can pick up a stool or glass bottle.

masterbruce

that foolish statement reveals your complete lack of understanding of fighter training

Ichigo66666
i have seen enough already. most of you are nerds with no knowledge of martial arts. because you are used to get beaten up by the bullies doesnt mean that others cant protect them self

Haha, i'm a nerd?

Oh sorry, i'm a regular day Peter Parker.

I don't need protecting, no-one bullies me. erm

Retards.

I ma a mstaer of Quack-FU!

Turtlethomas
masterbruce, just ignore those idiots... they dont understand the codecs of a fighter... they live in their own little world, living with being beaten up by bullies and not being able to defend themselves, and then insult anyone who actually can

Captain SEX
Or you could just shoo.

Wow, what a great comeback roll eyes (sarcastic)

Turtlethomas
ichigo, martial arts are much more interesting than you think and much more helphul in life than comicsmessed comics are just funny

Ichigo66666
Originally posted by thedude1948
So Boxers and wrestlers "Karate Chop"?, you are basically telling me no training > Training. anyone can pick up a stool or glass bottle.

We are talking about Masterbruce and TurtleSock, they aren't boxers or wrestlers.

When someone comes up with a knife, where do you get yours from? Yourself? Will you jump about pretending to be Batman?

No, your just dead.

Turtlethomas
ichigo, thats some of the things you learns. grabbing his hand, making him go down on his knees by holding hi hand backwards, and a knee in the face. it has helped me twice

Ichigo66666
Originally posted by Captain SEX
Wow, what a great comeback roll eyes (sarcastic)

Who are you, seriously?

Get back to your OTF and such, retard.

Ichigo66666
ichigo, thats some of the things you learns. grabbing his hand, making him go down on his knees by holding hi hand backwards, and a knee in the face. it has helped me twice

Or, they just throw the knife right at you, or just shoot you.

thedude1948
We are talking about Masterbruce and TurtleSock, they aren't boxers or wrestlers.

When someone comes up with a knife, where do you get yours from? Yourself? Will you jump about pretending to be Batman?

No, your just dead.

Of course the person with a knife has the advantage but that isnt the point, what if I had a gun? what would the guy with the knife do?....
Might as well not even carry around the knife since someone might have a gun....

I am not saying all "Martial Arts" are useful either there is some stupid useless crap like Ninjitsu which is made up, and all the "Chi" crap.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Who are you, seriously?

Your the one sitting there with sticky keyboard keys. ANd you have the nerve to hurl insults and people when your the lamest of the lames. Your freakin Rainbow Raider dude. Get kick a tree Mulcher barefoot.

Captain SEX
Who are you, seriously?

Why do you care who I am? And again, that really was a great comeback. I'm impressed.

masterbruce

No, your just dead.

you don't know me, so don't make assumptions about me.

Turtlethomas
ichigo, read what thedude just wrote and u will understand

Turtlethomas
3-0 to the guys who can protect themselveswink

Turtlethomas

Faceman

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Faceman
Yeah he should,

1 Masterbruce
2 Turtlethomas
3 Harri
4 Chuck Norris
5 Captain America

You are toooooo silly. I had to lol and I didn't want to. you guys are such mean people on this board.

Soljer
Uhhh, no one is making fun of him because he claims he's a good fighter. Tons of people on this board train, as well. Hell, I'm an amateur MMA fighter. I train in American Boxing, Brazillian Jiu Jitsu, and I've tried to cross train with a friend, teaching him ground work in exchange for him helping me shape up my kicks.

What I _don't_ go claiming on random message boards, however, is that I go out every night in a black balaclava and badly painted skull t-shirt to pretend that I'm the friggin punisher.

Or that I glue bat-ears on the top of a baseball cap and pretend that I'm batman, taking down street thugs left and right.

Don't claim we're calling bullshit because he says he knows how to fight...the large majority of people in the world have trained in some style or another. That's no surprise.

Devil Lance
Pre OYL Batgirl

Brutacus
Euh so you say you train kung fu???
What form of kung fu???
Because kung fu come's in many forms.

Let me name a few.
Bagua Zhang
Baji quan
Cha Quan
Chang Quan
Fanzi Quan
He Quan
Hong Quan
Hua Quan
Liuhe Quan
Meihua Quan
Mizong Quan
Pigua zhang
Shuai jiao
Taiji Quan
Tan Tui
Tanglang quan
Tongbei Quan
Xing Yi
Yi Quan

So wenn you say you train kung fu, maybe it's best that you name the style of kung fu you train.
Mu dad is teaching me Tai Chi, not so I can learn it in a fight, but Tai Chi is some how relaxing, and keeps me calm.

And Tai Chi is also a form of Kung Fu.

tru-marvell
http://www.norse-man.net/Marvel/Char-M/Mantis.jpg

and Midnight, yeah I know their dead or whatever but they were damn good in their day

yes

Tshern
Uhhh, no one is making fun of him because he claims he's a good fighter. Tons of people on this board train, as well. Hell, I'm an amateur MMA fighter. I train in American Boxing, Brazillian Jiu Jitsu, and I've tried to cross train with a friend, teaching him ground work in exchange for him helping me shape up my kicks/B]
Brazillian Jiu Jitsu for the win. And I agree with the rest of the post too.

Soljer
Back on topic:

Taskmaster, Champion, Ogun, Deadpool, Stick, Mantis, Shen Kuei, Black Panther, Daredevil, Elektra, Bucky...

Some others that came to mind.

Oh, and Masterbruce is definitely number 1. He has studied 127 martial arts and trained his body to human perfection.

Oh, and the Midnighter is amazing as well. Who else?

Tshern
Oh, and the Midnighter is amazing as well. Who else?
Not an obvious pick, but Splinter for the Turtles. Naturally Shredder too.

Soljer
Originally posted by Tshern
Not an obvious pick, but Splinter for the Turtles. Naturally Shredder too.

Indeed. Plenty of the street fighter crew, too. But I don't really want to get into the less popular comics.

Still, Ryu was a beast.

Tshern
Indeed. Plenty of the street fighter crew, too. But I don't really want to get into the less popular comics.

Still, Ryu was a beast.
He indeed was. I always considered Vega the coolest, my personal favourite. Ryu was the toughest fighter though.

MightyEInherjar
Uhhh, no one is making fun of him because he claims he's a good fighter. Tons of people on this board train, as well. Hell, I'm an amateur MMA fighter. I train in American Boxing, Brazillian Jiu Jitsu, and I've tried to cross train with a friend, teaching him ground work in exchange for him helping me shape up my kicks.

Wow, there's a lot more people doing more MA than karate these days. I suppose it's not too abnormal, especially with thinks like UFC and PRIDE becoming more and more popular, and I guess it's not uncommon for parents to enroll their kids in karate or taekwondo at an early age.

Soljer, do you fight in a league? I fight in the AEC in the Kansas City area about once a year, and a friend of mine fights there at most of their events. I'm mainly a Muay-Thai (Muay Chaiya) guy, but I've done Glima (nordic wrestling), greco-roman wrestling, American Boxing, and a little bit of Jiu Jitsu to work on ground submissions. I know a few aikido throws, but I've never really been formally trained in that or any other stereotypical Asian martial arts.

Heh, it sounds like comic book fans are shaping up to be a moderately formidible group from this thread...

King Kandy
I'm pretty good at fencing...

MightyEInherjar
Yeah, I also do ARMA/HACA, done that for a few years, and do SCA stuff in the area. Worthwhile fun if you have the energy and the money.

Soljer
Nah, I don't regularly compete in any actual league. Rather, I will spar or roll with a lot of the other college students on campus. Also, we'll quite often go to the various Dojo's around the city and roll or spar with students there.

MightyEInherjar
Most of the local dojos like us, but a few (namely a Kyokushin group) kind of give us the cold shoulder when they recognize us as MMA folks.

Soljer
Originally posted by MightyEInherjar
Most of the local dojos like us, but a few (namely a Kyokushin group) kind of give us the cold shoulder when they recognize us as MMA folks.

Yeah, I've noticed some TMA guys acting really "Holier than thou" about MMA.

Well, that is until we knock them out or submit them within the first minutes of a fight. wink.

MightyEInherjar
Yeah, and most of their instructors won't fight, or even spar, and pitch the whole "Student/Teacher" relationship thing. There was one at a local gym who kept refusing to spar or share any of his 'superior' knowledge to us, and gave us a crap line about it being too deadly for us to understand.

Eventually we had my Muay-Thai have a go at him, since he couldn't use his student BS on him. It was obvious the guy still didn't want to, and was still saying how my instructor was going to embarass himself. When they finally got in the ring, my instructor knocked him out before they even clinched, and the second time, he tried to clinch up, and got knocked out with one elbow.

Soljer
No doubt, Muay Thai clinches and elbows are vicious. I have several scars around my eyes where a Thai boxer caught me with an elbow. erm

complexbrother
Mantis

Gamora

Vargus

Taskmaster

Karate Kid

Cassandra Cain

Green Arrow (2)

Richard Dragon

Shang Shi

Iron Fist

Lady Shiva

Batman

Black Canary

Mockingbird

Black Widow

Red Lotus (the one who beat Psylock, wolverine, gambit, and beast in combat by himself with no powers)

in no particular order

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.