The Omega Effect?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

darthgoober
Ok, now there seems to be a habit around here of assuming that just because someone isn't essential to the universe, they can easily be erased by Darkseid's OE. So I've created this thread to get to the bottom of just how powerful the OE really is. My primary question is how often it has been showed to be able to erase someone who's not necessarily essential to the universe, but is ABOVE DS in overall power? Against Ares w/godwave, it's my understanding that DS froze time but didn't erase him. Against the Anti Monitor, DS blasted him but didn't erase him. So how many times has DS shown the ability to erase someone who he didn't have a chance against WITHOUT erasing them?

Howard_Jones
I wanna know why it got diverted by Heat Vision.

darthgoober
Originally posted by Howard_Jones
Pretty much PIS, with the thin(and I mean THIN) explanation of Supes being essentail to the universe.

Howard_Jones
He's only necissary to DC's pockets.

darthgoober
He's only necissary to DC's pockets.
laughing Same thing in their eyes.

UniOmni
Eyeknobs aflame this thread is overdue!!

darthgoober
Originally posted by UniOmni
Eyeknobs aflame this thread is overdue!!
I thought so too. I mean, if he actually HAS erased someone who could kick the shit out of him that's one thing, but I can't think of a single instance of him actually doing that. Most of the time he does it against people that he should win against WITHOUT doing it, basically using it as a shortcut.

Roldz
Yeah it would make more sense of him capable of erasing someone below level of power os him above that should be a no... Good topic dough... Now we just need someone an expert of Seids..

Soljer
Originally posted by Roldz
Yeah it would make more sense of him capable of erasing someone below level of power os him above that should be a no... Good topic dough... Now we just need someone an expert of Seids..

Indeed, I wish we had more posters like Mr. Master or Mungi.

Come in here, throw down fourteen scans, prove their point, and leave. Nice, simple, straightforward.

Roldz
Originally posted by Roldz
Gotta say this is horrible grammar and sentencing...lol

I think the source made OE this way, it is its function amongs a few.. But i dont think he can enhance himself.. Ie. strength/Durability/Speed via OE unlike SS PC or most Chars wielding Cosmic Powers...

darthgoober
Any DC experts care to shed some light on all of this?

supervenom
Well the same happened when he tried it on Galactus during the crossover, but not sure if you guys would count that as well.

Galan777
I dont think DS has beaten anyone with only the OE that was more powerful then he is.

I mean DS back in the day made characters like Odin and other patheons quake in their boots, but IMO now-adays he has been greatly depowered from what he used to be.

But to my knowledge DS never erased a being who was more powerful then he is using only the OE.

darthgoober
Originally posted by Galan777
I dont think DS has beaten anyone with only the OE that was more powerful then he is.

I mean DS back in the day made characters like Odin and other patheons quake in their boots, but IMO now-adays he has been greatly depowered from what he used to be.

But to my knowledge DS never erased a being who was more powerful then he is using only the OE.
Thanks Galan. That clears things.

Unless of course, some other DC buff has proof to the contrary?

Galan777
Originally posted by darthgoober
Thanks Galan. That clears things.

Unless of course, some other DC buff has proof to the contrary? No problem, Im no Darkseid buff or anything, but I have never seen him (with his current power) take down anyone more powerful then Doomsday with his OE, but Im not 100% positive.

Scoobless

Well DS can produce a variety of different eyebeams - force, heat, teleportation, erasing, etc.... maybe it was just a force beam

shrug

King_Mungi
Originally posted by Soljer
Indeed, I wish we had more posters like Mr. Master or Mungi.

Come in here, throw down fourteen scans, prove their point, and leave. Nice, simple, straightforward.

Word...Mungi is the king...and yes I did mean to make it a bad pun...BACK OFF!!! mad

Soljer
Originally posted by King_Mungi
Word...Mungi is the king...and yes I did mean to make it a bad pun...BACK OFF!!! mad

....Lame.

wink.

leonidas
agogg isn't more powerful than seid, but he was at least orion level which puts him in league with supes, captain marvel, etc . . .

http://img483.imageshack.us/img483/4871/seidvl4.th.jpg

completely destroyed with a single shot.

darthgoober
Originally posted by leonidas
agogg isn't more powerful than seid, but he was at least orion level which puts him in league with supes, captain marvel, etc . . .

http://img483.imageshack.us/img483/4871/seidvl4.th.jpg

completely destroyed with a single shot.
Well yes, I can see it being a threat to Herald level characters(like Supes, Captain Marvel, etc...), because DS himself is more powerful than they are. But what sparked this was people saying that he could use it to erase a full power Tyrant with ease, and I'm trying to figure out if he's ever been able to erase someone of that level before.

leonidas
tyrant level? hmmm . . .

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.