Non Superhero reads.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Black Adam
So how many people here regularly read something other then super books? If so which ones would you recommend?

I recently started getting more and more of them a few months ago.

So far I've been enjoying DMZ,Y The Last Man, The Other Side, and Criminal.

marvelprince
I've read great things about Criminal. I'm gonna have to pick it up

Lucid Lui
Y The Last Man, Fell, Desolation Jones, Fables, American Virgin, Testament etc. All great reads.

Lucky for me, my Dad buys most of the good Vertigo and Indy comics so i can grab the mainstream ones i want, then just borrow the rest from him.

Got Pride of Baghdad, Lost Girls and 1001 Nights of Snowfall arriving any minute now.

Black Adam
Originally posted by Lucid Lui
Y The Last Man, Fell, Desolation Jones, Fables, American Virgin, Testament etc. All great reads.

Lucky for me, my Dad buys most of the good Vertigo and Indy comics so i can grab the mainstream ones i want, then just borrow the rest from him.

Got Pride of Baghdad, Lost Girls and 1001 Nights of Snowfall arriving any minute now.

So your dad like comics huh? Must be nice. the only thing my dad likes is crappy Mexican music and baseball sad

So what is Testament about?

UniOmni
Y:The Last Man, i read the complete run a few days ago.

I just returned the Pride of Baghdad earlier today, but a good read.

American Virgins art is terrible, and main character is a whiny, emotional little shitpile. I don't like it.

Haven't read Fables, though i have all the run on my computer.

Same for Seven Soldiers of Victory.

Go to demonoid.com, and get some torrents. They have comics you've probably never even heard of up for grabs.

Accel
Originally posted by UniOmni
Y:The Last Man, i read the complete run a few days ago.
The complete run? Does that mean the series is over or is it still going and you're just saying you're completely caught up with it?

I just started reading the series myself.

JudgeMENTAL
smile

Grimm22
I pick up the trades of..

Y, the last Man

Ex Machina

The Walking Dead

and

Fables

They are all pretty awesome too yes

Fables vol.1 was freakin' amazing big grin

Black Adam
forgot I made this topic.

Well recently I downloaded the first three issues of 100 bullets.

It was great so I ordered the first two tpb from amazon. Should be arriving in week or so. Also ordered the first tpb of Sea of Red. Couldn't find any torrents from the first issue so it was kind of a blind buy still the concept sounds very interesting. Hope I'm not disappointed.

whenever the trade for Fell comes out i'll buy it. I'm done with singles

also bought The Perhapanauts . I heard someone describe it as a light hearted B.P.R.D so i decided to check it out...Though I guess with the amount of freaks on the team It would be classified as more of supernatural super team book.

Droped DMZ. Got bored with it after a while.

also if anyone is interested

http://forum.newsarama.com/showthread.php?t=102224

Revere, The black Knight, and Primordia sound good.

DigiMark007
Y ; Fables ; Sandman ; those are a few that I enjoy.

Darth Vicious
Originally posted by Accel
The complete run? Does that mean the series is over or is it still going and you're just saying you're completely caught up with it?

I just started reading the series myself.

No, it ends in issue # 60.

I read:
Y-The Last man, Girls, The Boys, Criminal.

Scoobless
I've been reading quite a few Poker books lately.

smile

Used to read a lot of Star Wars books (most of them are pretty good)

Dan Brown has a few decent novels.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.