I just made a character, woopie! Look at him go!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

long pig
http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/663/blackhole2nt3.jpg
So, out of nowhere, I got an idea for a character. He's powered by a tiny blackhole in the middle of his chest!

It affords him weird compel/repel powers, very small time/reality manipulation powers, worm hole portals, matter containment and flight.

To make him vulnerable, he's not going to be superhuman durability, he will have the ability to create shields, but they won't be uber powerful. He'll also be vulnerable to mental attacks.

Oh, I don't know what to name the bastard, so someone help me....and yes, the artwork is modified Solar.

NiņoAraņa
hmmm......

HoleInChestMan!

no expression bieng serious though?
um....i like Nictitate (it's another Word for blink) or Rebuff (another word for Repel)

Mindship
Not bad...you can call him Singularity (assuming there isn't already a guy like that out there).

I like the simplicity of his appearance; I'm very partial to characters whose looks are natural, ie, not a costume. But change his color: not brown, brown is earthy (not cosmic) and it's a dull vibe.

It would also be cool if that insignia on his chest was dynamic not static.

Also, unless that black hole is subatomic, this guy's gonna weigh more than a mountain.

jerry

NiņoAraņa
Originally posted by Mindship
Not bad...you can call him Singularity (assuming there isn't already a guy like that out there).

I like the simplicity of his appearance; I'm very partial to characters whose looks are natural, ie, not a costume. But change his color: not brown, brown is earthy (not cosmic) and it's a dull vibe.

It would also be cool if that insignia on his chest was dynamic not static.

Also, unless that black hole is subatomic, this guy's gonna weigh more than a mountain.

jerry that's very true...so he should have mastery of gravity, so he won't crush things as he walks

grey fox

Zahit
look here for more ideas:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_hole

SpunkySmurph

Scoobless
Originally posted by long pig
http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/663/blackhole2nt3.jpg
So, out of nowhere, I got an idea for a character. He's powered by a tiny blackhole in the middle of his chest!

It affords him weird compel/repel powers, very small time/reality manipulation powers, worm hole portals, matter containment and flight.

To make him vulnerable, he's not going to be superhuman durability, he will have the ability to create shields, but they won't be uber powerful. He'll also be vulnerable to mental attacks.

Oh, I don't know what to name the bastard, so someone help me....and yes, the artwork is modified Solar.

Well done.... you just "invented" Graviton!

http://img120.imageshack.us/img120/5778/graviton003go2.jpg

stick out tongue

Vim
Originally posted by Scoobless
Well done.... you just "invented" Graviton!

http://img120.imageshack.us/img120/5778/graviton003go2.jpg

stick out tongue

Aww... come on give the guy a break! He, like myself, does not about every single comic character ever created! I like to think that guy that can switch places with anyone would be kind of weird. Or what about the power to "static cling" any part of your body to any surface? I don't know I like thinking of weird powers, not necessarily huge powerful stuff...

Soleran
Can he suck folks into his chest with his super powers now!

Scoobless
Originally posted by Soleran
Can he suck folks into his chest with his super powers now!

Didn't that happen in a Justice League cartoon? a guy had a black hole or something stuck in his chest and it kept swallowing everything.... it was that episode that featured Booster Gold as the star

smile

long pig
This better?
http://img297.imageshack.us/img297/3379/solarv1vailant9155of600uy3.th.jpg
I like the idea of him not touching the ground, kinda like how Black Adam refuses to touch the ground.

long pig
Didn't that happen in a Justice League cartoon? a guy had a black hole or something stuck in his chest and it kept swallowing everything.... it was that episode that featured Booster Gold as the star

smile
The fat black guy with the teleportation device in his stomach? A Flash villain I think.

SpunkySmurph

smile

I remember!

It was some random scientist, with some weird explanation that basically meant he would suck everything into his chest... and Booster Gold had to save everybody!

I think the episode was called 'The Greatest Story Never Told'

or something like that

smile

Darth Macabre
Originally posted by SpunkySmurph
I remember!

It was some random scientist, with some weird explanation that basically meant he would suck everything into his chest... and Booster Gold had to save everybody!

I think the episode was called 'The Greatest Story Never Told'

or something like that

smile Yeah, and they had Mordru destroying the JL, but is beaten by....Elongated Man. no expression

Ethereal
Some names come to mind.. Vortrax, Vortex, or "First name" "Last Name" - " Alias".. like Vincent Vando the Vortex Man...lol

Ok, explain how, what, and when did he get the black hole in his chest? Can this guy can control the gravitational force he puts out? Black holes can't be seen, but they are detected by noting their gravitational effect on the stars and gas in a galaxy.

SpunkySmurph
Also wouldnt he HAVE to have Superhuman Durabiility? So he doesnt get,, y'know... sucked inside out. no expression

long pig
Originally posted by Ethereal
Some names come to mind.. Vortrax, Vortex, or "First name" "Last Name" - " Alias".. like Vincent Vando the Vortex Man...lol

Ok, explain how, what, and when did he get the black hole in his chest? Can this guy can control the gravitational force he puts out? Black holes can't be seen, but they are detected by noting their gravitational effect on the stars and gas in a galaxy.
V-Tex? I'm not good at naming characters.

How he got his powers: I'll take the easy way and use the fact that no one knows what exactly is at the other side of a black hole. Well, this guy found out while in a space ship he was sucked into one and while in it, it radically altered his physiology to the point where he had basically a sub-atomic black hole inside himself. (Uh, help me out folks, trying to explain a black hole in a guy's chest is not the easiest thing to do.)

I'll try to explain his powers:
Since a tablespoon of the matter inside of a black hole would weigh 100tons, he can't have a black hole that size in him. Sub atomic like mindship said would be the only way and he'd still weigh a couple tons. I could see him using that mass control to give a good 75-100 ton punch.

He'd have complete gravitational control over himself and medium level gravity control over anything in, say, a 50 foot radius(I like the idea of him being physically unable to lay a foot on the ground. Maybe because it would disrupt his control over his fluctuating mass?).

He'd have low level time/reality bending ability in the same 50 foot radius (prince of Persia type thing. Black holes actually bend time and space around them, so it fits. He could slow down his own time making him seem matrix-fast). He can teleport with worm holes and suck massive quantities of matter and energy (black holes can pull in light) into his inner sub atomic black hole, but if he takes in too much, he'll be unable to control his mass and he'd implode.

That's all I have now, chime in and tell me how wrong I am. I can take it. sad

long pig
Originally posted by SpunkySmurph
Also wouldnt he HAVE to have Superhuman Durabiility? So he doesnt get,, y'know... sucked inside out. no expression
Well, yeah. His body's density/durability can grow with the amount of matter he takes in as well as just having superhuman durability. His control over his inner-black-hole is good enough that he wouldn't have to worry about being sucked inside out.

Howard_Jones
Call him.........

THE SPOT!

GASP!

long pig
How about "Stellar"? Like a Stellar Black Hole?

Soljer
I was going to suggest Singularity. But I think someone else already did.

Thusly? I vote singularity.

Ethereal
V-Tex? I'm not good at naming characters.

How he got his powers: I'll take the easy way and use the fact that no one knows what exactly is at the other side of a black hole. Well, this guy found out while in a space ship he was sucked into one and while in it, it radically altered his physiology to the point where he had basically a sub-atomic black hole inside himself. (Uh, help me out folks, trying to explain a black hole in a guy's chest is not the easiest thing to do.)

I'll try to explain his powers:
Since a tablespoon of the matter inside of a black hole would weigh 100tons, he can't have a black hole that size in him. Sub atomic like mindship said would be the only way and he'd still weigh a couple tons. I could see him using that mass control to give a good 75-100 ton punch.

He'd have complete gravitational control over himself and medium level gravity control over anything in, say, a 50 foot radius(I like the idea of him being physically unable to lay a foot on the ground. Maybe because it would disrupt his control over his fluctuating mass?).

He'd have low level time/reality bending ability in the same 50 foot radius (prince of Persia type thing. Black holes actually bend time and space around them, so it fits. He could slow down his own time making him seem matrix-fast). He can teleport with worm holes and suck massive quantities of matter and energy (black holes can pull in light) into his inner sub atomic black hole, but if he takes in too much, he'll be unable to control his mass and he'd implode.

That's all I have now, chime in and tell me how wrong I am. I can take it. sad

Hmm. Well, remember a comic book character is not nit-picked or based on how well its comic book powers are ''scientifically accurate'' to real world physics; you can be creative with it. The main thing about a char is his own story about how he attained powers and his struggles, views, and personality etc, to be what he is--a hero, villian etc.. Heck, you could say his black hole is mystical based if you wanted.

Something that comes to mind off the wall, is I'd say maybe his molecules are on a higher dimensional frequency( not yet sure how that happened), and that alters his subatomic structure. Which would explain how he could have a minature black hole inside him. He could have maybe self-molecular control rather than molecular control over other things.

Good idea though- I always support new ideas..maybe one day someone from kmc will create the next big superhero in marvel or DC. wink

long pig
Gaze upon Stellar(or Sigularity)
http://img224.imageshack.us/img224/2673/solarv1vailant9155di7.jpg

The Pict
Well done thumb up

Scoobless

VHow he got his powers: I'll take the easy way and use the fact that no one knows what exactly is at the other side of a black hole. Well, this guy found out while in a space ship he was sucked into one and while in it, it radically altered his physiology to the point where he had basically a sub-atomic black hole inside himself. (Uh, help me out folks, trying to explain a black hole in a guy's chest is not the easiest thing to do.)

How about..... he's not a guy with a black hole in his chest, he's a sentient black hole that uses control over light and matter to create an artificial body around himself in order to interact with humanity?

Just another unique freak of the universe.... maybe all black holes are sentient and this guy is the first to be born in hundreds of thousands of years. The other holes are so old that they couldn't care less about organic beings as their lifespans are barely a moment in time to them ... but this guy is a new born and is curious about the beings in the solar system he was born into.

Later he could find out that his destiny is to grow in the Sol system (our solar system) eventually growing to a size where his presence would destroy it.

smile

Scoobless
Well?

no expression

bigbran

How about..... he's not a guy with a black hole in his chest, he's a sentient black hole that uses control over light and matter to create an artificial body around himself in order to interact with humanity?

Just another unique freak of the universe.... maybe all black holes are sentient and this guy is the first to be born in hundreds of thousands of years. The other holes are so old that they couldn't care less about organic beings as their lifespans are barely a moment in time to them ... but this guy is a new born and is curious about the beings in the solar system he was born into.

Later he could find out that his destiny is to grow in the Sol system (our solar system) eventually growing to a size where his presence would destroy it.

smile Or his father was a human, and his mother was a black hole?

Wait...

Scoobless
laughing out loud

She could suck a bowling ball through a hosepipe!

stick out tongue

King_Mungi
He's a male version of Dark Angel smile:

1. http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix/darkangelhaldane.htm

Priest
call him DareDevil 2 stick out tongue

Grimm22
I'm gonna call him.....

Red Asian laughing

long pig
I guess having a black hole in your chest is more common than once thought.

I actually think Scoob's idea far surpasses my own, but then that character would be too powerful to be interesting. If Iron-Man can't beat him 3/10, he's too powerful imo.

I got an idea for a character who is a regular beat cop who basically possesses the power of complete and utter invulnerability; and that's it. No super strength or speed or anything, but he can't be physically harmed by anything at all...ever. He can suffocate or drown, though.

I can think up a thousand stories of a cop running around jumping off friggin' skyscrapers after a drug dealer or some such else nonsense.
http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/1830/lm03214io1.jpg

Scoobless
Did you draw that one?

invisiblewoman
i like him i think he looks good wink

Doc Potato
Both ideas sound (and look) really good!

I think now in comics, powers are so rarely original that character and backstory play so much in how cool a character is, and the power isn't necessarily the most important thing...

ThePittman
Not bad but you should check out these guys

http://marvel.com/universe/Xorn
Black hole in his head

There is another character that I can't remember his name but had a hole in his chest that could suck things to another dimension or something.

King_Mungi
Originally posted by ThePittman
There is another character that I can't remember his name but had a hole in his chest that could suck things to another dimension or something.

Abyss

H. S. 6

smile

I like it. shrug

ThePittman
Found some others

http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix/blackhol.htm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spot_(comics)

http://www.marveldatabase.com/wiki/Abyss_(Nils_Styger)

Mindship

smile

This is good. This is "I wish I'd thought of this," good. If this isn't a story already somewhere, it should be. It better be.

Ethereal
Mystically-based black hole not bad either.

Mindship
I actually think Scoob's idea far surpasses my own, but then that character would be too powerful to be interesting. If Iron-Man can't beat him 3/10, he's too powerful imo.

Scoob's idea would be best for a novel or limited run story arc. I'm not sure how it would work for an extended series, not without a balance to Stellar's/Singularity's power to make things interesting.

As for that Iron Man criteria: I can relate. I have a character of my own (which I've written a few short stories about) that I tend to see as "around Iron Man level." Powerful enough to be impressive; not so powerful as to absolutely require extreme measures for posing challenges.

Endless Mike
If he had a black hole in the middle of his chest he would get sucked in....

Scoobless
Scoob's idea would be best for a novel or limited run story arc. I'm not sure how it would work for an extended series, not without a balance to Stellar's/Singularity's power to make things interesting.

As for that Iron Man criteria: I can relate. I have a character of my own (which I've written a few short stories about) that I tend to see as "around Iron Man level." Powerful enough to be impressive; not so powerful as to absolutely require extreme measures for posing challenges.

Just because a guy happens to be a living black hole doesn't mean he's all powerful .... his powers would be very low level at first (otherwise he'd accidentally destroy the earth) but they would increase, at a reasonable rate, along with his age and size.

I'm just coming up with this as I go so, obviously, all the little details haven't been worked out (or considered) yet.

smile

long pig
I imagine Scoob's idea on a more mind-trip, surreal scale(tastefully done like Sandman and the original Strange stories) more than anything, which is better than any action title. There's no reason for it not to be mystical either, really. A black hole boarders on magic as it is.

Fantastic idea honestly. Well done Scoob.

I DO see what you mean with the slow but progressive power raising, it's basically the backbone of every single great character in comics. Power upgrades along with moral/character upgrades, which Stellar/Singularity/?? would be getting while on earth.

I thought about the invulnerable beat cop and thought it'd be a neat idea if he were totally invulnerable to physical harm(no drowning, no suffocation, no nothing), but, he felt pain like any normal guy.

Say, he could swim through lava and be fine, but it would hurt so bad there would be a chance of him passing out.

MightyEInherjar
Doesn't this guy basically already exsist?

He's a guy, named black hole, with a black hole in his chest...

long pig
Originally posted by MightyEInherjar
Doesn't this guy basically already exsist?

He's a guy, named black hole, with a black hole in his chest...
I've found out there are, like, 40 different characters with black holes in their chest/forehead.

MightyEInherjar
Well, that has to be disappointing. I'd probably be pissed...

marvelprince
I got an idea for a character who is a regular beat cop who basically possesses the power of complete and utter invulnerability; and that's it. No super strength or speed or anything, but he can't be physically harmed by anything at all...ever. He can suffocate or drown, though.

I can think up a thousand stories of a cop running around jumping off friggin' skyscrapers after a drug dealer or some such else nonsense.
http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/1830/lm03214io1.jpg

I had this same idea. No other powers, no skills, nothing. He just can't be physically hurt.

Oh and I love your idea and design for Singularity (stellar kinda seems more diva/flashy while Singularity conveys the mysteriousness of the character).

Nice origin Scoobs. A bit too powerful for my taste, unless the story revolves heavily on his thoughts and inner conflicts about how to utilize his power

Tha C-Master
http://img224.imageshack.us/img224/2673/solarv1vailant9155di7.jpg I keep wanting to say DD, but nice job though... smile

long pig
Originally posted by Tha C-Master
I keep wanting to say DD, but nice job though... smile
It's actually Solar mixed with a drawing I did on mspaint. He's looked like that since the 40's. Way ahead of his time.

I've tweeked the character's appearance a lot. This design fits more with Scoob's very good story/character.

He now IS a black hole.
http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/3081/solarmotahellonearth1ofso1.jpg

bigbran
It's actually Solar mixed with a drawing I did on mspaint. He's looked like that since the 40's. Way ahead of his time.

I've tweeked the character's appearance a lot. This design fits more with Scoob's very good story/character.

He now IS a black hole.
http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/3081/solarmotahellonearth1ofso1.jpg I thought that light couldn't escape black holes... stick out tongue

long pig
Here's an idea for two characters I made up when I was 14.

Bob & Joe.

Bob is an ordinary guy who had landed a temp job at an animal research facility. He screwed up while mopping and let loose the animals. When he tries to leave, he sees a Gorilla..named Joe. Gorilla Joe is a hyper intelligent, homosexual, HIV positive Gorilla with cybernetic implants and who smokes cigs and lots of weed (he was a drug testing gorilla).

They end up being friends and they move in together, Joe just sits on the couch smoking weed and watching T.V most of the time, but occasionally he leaves to help out his friend. Gorilla Joe is the funny one and Bob plays the straight guy.

Anyway, here's what they look like:
http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/6356/gorllajoefi5.jpg

long pig
Originally posted by bigbran
I thought that light couldn't escape black holes... stick out tongue
It can't....unless the black hole is sentient and allows it. Plus, it looks cool.

marvelprince
Plus, it looks cool.

No argument here

Scoobless

He now IS a black hole.

Almost like Thunderbolts era Genis Vell

Here's an idea for two characters I made up when I was 14.

Bob & Joe.

Bob is an ordinary guy who had landed a temp job at an animal research facility. He screwed up while mopping and let loose the animals. When he tries to leave, he sees a Gorilla..named Joe. Gorilla Joe is a hyper intelligent, homosexual, HIV positive Gorilla with cybernetic implants and who smokes cigs and lots of weed (he was a drug testing gorilla).

They end up being friends and they move in together, Joe just sits on the couch smoking weed and watching T.V most of the time, but occasionally he leaves to help out his friend. Gorilla Joe is the funny one and Bob plays the straight guy.

Anyway, here's what they look like:
http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/6356/gorllajoefi5.jpg

Change their names to Bob & Jay .... or Jay & Bob (silent Bob perhaps) and I think I've seen this film

stick out tongue

Mindship
Any relation to Eternity? stick out tongue
Whatever you do, don't fall into that Pit so many of us seem to fall into: spending lotsa time thinking of a character's origin, appearance, powers, etc, etc, but not doing any actual story-telling. That's where real interest in a character is generated. And this character may be just as amenable to short-story format as a comic format.

btw (as a violate what I just said), how powerful would you see this character eventually becoming?

long pig
Any relation to Eternity? stick out tongue
Whatever you do, don't fall into that Pit so many of us seem to fall into: spending lotsa time thinking of a character's origin, appearance, powers, etc, etc, but not doing any actual story-telling. That's where real interest in a character is generated. And this character may be just as amenable to short-story format as a comic format.

btw (as a violate what I just said), how powerful would you see this character eventually becoming?
Most of these characters would, in my mind, be a one-shot comic only (except for the invulnerable police officer). So, yeah, mindship, Singularity would probably become uber-powerful to the point of being dull, but he'd end up dying in the same one-shot comic.

Scoobless
So, yeah, mindship, Singularity would probably become uber-powerful to the point of being dull.

Unlike Superman ..... shifty

long pig
Unlike Superman ..... shifty
But, honestly, Superman isn't that powerful. He's basically a flying Hulk with a laser gun.

I was thinking of a new time based power for two other characters. One has nearly the same power as The Prince of Persia. He can rewind time for around 10 seconds and it'd heal him as he rewinds. Say, if he's shot by a sniper, if he's still conscious, he can rewind and be totally healed and also know to look for that same sniper.

The other power is basically just a normal soldier who, at all times, sees 30 seconds ahead into the future. He can't actually see normal time at all, all he can see is 30 seconds in the future. It'd be impossible to catch him off by surprise or even to have an accident.

Meh.

Martian_mind
But if he saw the future and could then avoid it he isnt seeing the future hes seeing a possible future

Mindship
You gotta be careful. Do you really want to give a character powers which make writing stories harder?

long pig
You gotta be careful. Do you really want to give a character powers which make writing stories harder?
True enough. It really does come down to the writing, though. Powers don't really mean much at all.

Why don't you throw a few ideas out? I know you have one or two that you're just aching to share.

Mindship
True enough. It really does come down to the writing, though. Powers don't really mean much at all.
Agreed. Good writing can get around anything.

Why don't you throw a few ideas out? I know you have one or two that you're just aching to share.
I'm saving those for my own super character stories. wink

long pig
Yes, I know everyone hates these threads because they almost always suck. I also know that I'm piss drunk and it my enthusiasm could be from the beer instead of the idea, but I beg you bare with me.

All I got is the concept, no names or looks, just the general idea.

Okay...:
Basically, this happens in a world where there is a group of aliens who, for the sole purpose of protecting Earth, they give a single human superman-esue powers. The guy is flying around saving everyone
But, much to the dismay of the Aliens, throughout the hundreds of years of doing this, every man they give the power too eventually becomes corrupted. The aliens finally figure out that the old saying is true. "Absolute power corrupts absolutely".

After a while, instead of stopping the hero-making. They come up with a way to get a way around that problem.

So, they find a group of honorable people, but instead of giving them full power, they split up the superman-esque power and divide it up amongst the people.

Basically, one guy gets cosmic-like durability, like PC Superman. BUT, he doesn't get any extra stamina or strength! Invulnerability is all he as.

The next guy ONLY gets heat vision.

The next only gets superspeed-the clincher is he can't use it to it's full potential because it'd kill him.

The next guy can fly, the next gets ice breath, the next gets super strength and so on and so forth.

Anyone not hate the idea?

Darth Macabre
The whole "for the sole reason to protect the Earth" sounds iffy.

long pig
Does it?
Maybe they like and guide Earth people like we do sheep, and we protect sheep by giving them a guardian watch dog to scare off wolves.

Darth Macabre
Does it?
Maybe they like and guide Earth people like we do sheep, and we protect sheep by giving them a guardian watch dog to scare off wolves. So humans are sheep to them? Why? Have they been around longer?

grey fox
Originally posted by Darth Macabre
So humans are sheep to them? Why? Have they been around longer?

Perhaps they have a 'gaurdian' thing going for them; 'universal peacekeepers' . Whom then turn out to be protecting everything so they can ANNIHILATE everything. After all , a universe completely devoid of life is pretty safe wouldn't you say wink

Scoobless
Yes, I know everyone hates these threads because they almost always suck. I also know that I'm piss drunk and it my enthusiasm could be from the beer instead of the idea, but I beg you bare with me.

All I got is the concept, no names or looks, just the general idea.

Okay...:
Basically, this happens in a world where there is a group of aliens who, for the sole purpose of protecting Earth, they give a single human superman-esue powers. The guy is flying around saving everyone
But, much to the dismay of the Aliens, throughout the hundreds of years of doing this, every man they give the power too eventually becomes corrupted. The aliens finally figure out that the old saying is true. "Absolute power corrupts absolutely".

After a while, instead of stopping the hero-making. They come up with a way to get a way around that problem.

So, they find a group of honorable people, but instead of giving them full power, they split up the superman-esque power and divide it up amongst the people.

Basically, one guy gets cosmic-like durability, like PC Superman. BUT, he doesn't get any extra stamina or strength! Invulnerability is all he as.

The next only gets superspeed-the clincher is he can't use it to it's full potential because it'd kill him.

The next guy can fly, the next gets ice breath, the next gets super strength and so on and so forth.

Anyone not hate the idea?

I'm sure I read a story a few years ago that was identical to that ... might have been an Elseworlds ... their was a group of people who each had one of Superman's abilities:

The heat vision guy had to release his power every 15 minutes because it was too much to contain for a human ... which meant that he never had a decent nights sleep and was always a little off.

The Speed power was just as bad as the person couldn't slow down and needed an exoskeleton (for some reason).

The durability guy couldn't feel anything at all.

The strength guy couldn't control it and therefore couldn't risk touching anyone.

They were all pretty much screwed by their powers but they still used them as a sort of Superman Police Force.

starlock
Scientist and researcher_______ _______ finds that hundreds of meteors are on a collison with earth,no amount of nukes or heroes can stop all of them in time,so he creates a device that simulates black holes,there is an acident when going into orbit with the space shuttle an it explodes,with time running out the heroes know it is only a matter of time before earth is devastated by the meteors,when look!! out of the depths of space its___________,with some help and his new powers he is able to repell and BFR the meteors a new hero is born_____________

But reed richards has some bad news the meteors were not natural,and there is a sinister plot begining to take form,stay tuned for more adventures of _______________________

Had some time to kill, work is slow

Scoobless
The character names are kind of bland.

stick out tongue

long pig
I'm sure I read a story a few years ago that was identical to that ... might have been an Elseworlds ... their was a group of people who each had one of Superman's abilities:

The heat vision guy had to release his power every 15 minutes because it was too much to contain for a human ... which meant that he never had a decent nights sleep and was always a little off.

The Speed power was just as bad as the person couldn't slow down and needed an exoskeleton (for some reason).

The durability guy couldn't feel anything at all.

The strength guy couldn't control it and therefore couldn't risk touching anyone.

They were all pretty much screwed by their powers but they still used them as a sort of Superman Police Force.
You always do this.

Do you enjoy making me sad/sexually excited? mad

Scoobless
Yes ... yes I do.

smile

long pig
Yes ... yes I do.

smile
I ate haggis the other day at this new restaurant, it tasted a lot like livermush we southern folk eat.

Some sort of cornmeal mixed in with boiled innards all mashed up, it's the same damn thing.

Scoobless
I ate haggis the other day at this new restaurant, it tasted a lot like livermush we southern folk eat.

Some sort of cornmeal mixed in with boiled innards all mashed up, it's the same damn thing.

Never heard of it, but it does sound similar.

The Pict

Did you like it? I think haggis tastes horrible

Scoobless
Originally posted by The Pict

FREAK!!!

It's great.

smile

long pig
Originally posted by The Pict
It was the same thing I've eaten for breakfast or on pizza for the past 20 years, just more intense with the seasonings.

We don't cut livermush with a sword, though.........................

Scoobless
Yes, I know everyone hates these threads because they almost So, they find a group of honorable people, but instead of giving them full power, they split up the superman-esque power and divide it up amongst the people.

HA! ... that's also pretty much exactly the plot from "Dynamo 5" ... a new Image comic I just started reading.

Their Superguy (Captain Dynamo) had these powers:

http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/971/dynamo503xi3.th.jpg

(Kinda Martian Manhunter-esque)

And his kids developed one power each:

http://img357.imageshack.us/img357/8850/dynamo50405oj8.th.jpg

Strength, flight, telepathy, shapeshifing & laser vision (and X-ray)

stick out tongue

long pig
HA! ... that's also pretty much exactly the plot from "Dynamo 5" ... a new Image comic I just started reading.

Their Superguy (Captain Dynamo) had these powers:

http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/971/dynamo503xi3.th.jpg

(Kinda Martian Manhunter-esque)

And his kids developed one power each:

http://img357.imageshack.us/img357/8850/dynamo50405oj8.th.jpg

Strength, flight, telepathy, shapeshifing & laser vision (and X-ray)

stick out tongue
Seriously?

I'm almost oddly...pleased with the fact it can't be too bad of an idea if it's already out there on a major publisher. How is it?

Hmm....

Oh, and I'm digging your idea of a wandering black hole turned sentient. I was reading a Science mag the other day about cosmic events and they were talking about how some black holes actually DO wander around the universe instead of staying in one spot. So, that would work very well.

Scoobless
I was reading a Science mag the other day about cosmic events and they were talking about how some black holes actually DO wander around the universe instead of staying in one spot.

Huh .... hope they don't come to Scotland.

no expression

Symmetric Chaos
Oh, and I'm digging your idea of a wandering black hole turned sentient. I was reading a Science mag the other day about cosmic events and they were talking about how some black holes actually DO wander around the universe instead of staying in one spot. So, that would work very well.

They don't move because they're sentient though.

Scoobless
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos

Yeah? .... prove it.

stick out tongue

Symmetric Chaos
Yeah? .... prove it.

stick out tongue

The only ones that do move have been effected by some sort of cosmic cataclysm that knocks them through space.

Then again the singularity in a black hole has been theorized to not obey any natural laws so I suppose it could spontaneously develop intelligence.

. . .

. . .

I suppose I shouldn't have taken that as a serious challenge . . .

Blair Wind
So uh...the sun could be like a cocoon or incubator and then give "birth" to black holes in this story of yours? Then all black holes are intelligent, just this special one decides to become humanoid?....how would he be able to interact with characters without sucking them in?

Scoobless
Originally posted by Blair Wind
So uh...the sun could be like a cocoon or incubator and then give "birth" to black holes in this story of yours? Then all black holes are intelligent, just this special one decides to become humanoid?....how would he be able to interact with characters without sucking them in?

Well he/it is essentially a child and his ambient gravitational field is barely noticable unless he willfully increases it ... the other BHs are adults (a few million/billion years old) and have no interest in organic beings or planets that only exist for an instant (relatively speaking).

The kid, however, finds planets and people/animals hugely interesting as they are so different from himself and he hasn't been around long enough to grow bored with them yet.

He uses his abilities to warp matter and light around himself to appear human, then he goes to Earth and starts exploring.

Ethereal
From watching the "Who wants to be a superhero season 2" auditions, a friend of mine was in, people come up with the most uninteresting, unoriginal characters ever.

grey fox
Originally posted by Ethereal
From watching the "Who wants to be a superhero season 2" auditions, a friend of mine was in, people come up with the most uninteresting, unoriginal characters ever.

What was his character ?

long pig
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos

Errrr...................................

I don't know how to respond to that. I think I'm offended....not sure yet.

long pig
Originally posted by grey fox
What was his character ?
FAT MAMMA?!!!!

Mindship
Well he/it is essentially a child and his ambient gravitational field is barely noticable unless he willfully increases it ... the other BHs are adults (a few million/billion years old) and have no interest in organic beings or planets that only exist for an instant (relatively speaking).

The kid, however, finds planets and people/animals hugely interesting as they are so different from himself and he hasn't been around long enough to grow bored with them yet.
Ever read Fred Hoyle's scifi classic, "The Black Cloud"? If not, it might be worth a peek.

Scoobless
Ever read Fred Hoyle's scifi classic, "The Black Cloud"? If not, it might be worth a peek.

Never heard of it .... did he rip off my idea or something?

Mindship
Never heard of it .... did he rip off my idea or something? No doubt, it was a precog vision, but could be ... stick out tongue

It doesn't involve black holes; still, your ideas in the previous post reminded me (a wee bit) of his novel.
http://www.daviddarling.info/encyclopedia/B/BlackCloud.html

Personally, I like your basic idea better.

Scoobless
No doubt, it was a precog vision, but could be ... stick out tongue

It doesn't involve black holes; still, your ideas in the previous post reminded me (a wee bit) of his novel.
http://www.daviddarling.info/encyclopedia/B/BlackCloud.html

Personally, I like your basic idea better.

Some similarity, yeah ... except my character isn't a gay-ass space cloud that wants to float around talking about art and photosynthesis.

stick out tongue

Mindship
Space clouds have definitely been done to death (I understand they want to intro Galactus in FF2 as some kind of cloud sick ).

It's time for something fresh. That's why I like the black hole idea. thumbup1

long pig
So, the only winners so far are Scoob's sentient black hole (which I think he should think seriously about the idea) and my invulnerable beat cop.

As for the black hole, I imagine the first few issues just showing the reaction of people when they look up and see this dark guy, arms crossed and floating in the air for days on end without moving, only staring at the cities. They wouldn't know if he's about to attack or what, so the air force goes up and yada yada-he over-reacts and destroys the jets then maybe puts them back together just as fast. Something like that.

C'mon, Mindship, give us one of yours. I won't even steal it until you leave.

grey fox
Burt Jolk was an average Joe , he ate right , slept early and often wore white. He has a secret though , a most disturbing and unusual secret. Burt is addicted......

......to SALSA !

Burt just can't get enough ! The sheer feeling of his taste buds alight, as the capsican simulates the brains endorphin function . It is...breathtaking.

Upon his local store run though he is discovered by a bum with a bag-bottle, the light around them turns a dull grey, the wino reaching out and drop;ping a handful of red seeds into his unresisting hands

"Here kid, you might need them"

The word around them, returns to normal and the wino walks away ; chuckling into the night.

Feeling disorientated Burt steps outside for a little fresh air , this doesn't help unfortunately and our Protagonist begins hallucinating while sweating profusely. On his merry trip through gumdrop lane (at least in his mind he's going through gumdrop lane) he wanders into the 'bad area' of town and is confronted by three behemoths .

They declare themselves 'Smash , Crush and Boom' (wearing Red , Blue and Green respectively) . While explaining who they are the three casually destroy a dumpster to display their abilities (namely Super Strength , pressure increase and Kinetic Energy ).

" Oh $&*! , your supers aren't you"

" Guy's a little slow; eh bro ? "

" Damn right, let's smack this fool up for stepping on our turf !"

Scared out of his mind Burt feels sick , his stomach gargles intensely and he raises his hand to his mouth ; hoping to keep down his dinner (his puke splattered corpse was not the last image he wanted the word to see...) ,a single seed inadvertently drop into his mouth though in his attempts to stop the retching.

We see the Wino in the background , he smiles in a 'oh this WILL be amusing' way and the steps back into the shadows of an alley , content in the situation.

Burts eyes flicker, pain wracks his entire body and he doubles over gripping his stomach , at the same time his blood oxygen level increases dying his once pale skin scarlet, he can feel every liquid in his body boil .

"Arghghg"

"Whatsa matter bro ? "

" The guy's skin..it's..it's like it's on fire of somethin' ! "

Burt raises his head, hair lank from the sheer amount of sweat, a drop hit his forehead and sizzle while he smirks. The pain is still there, his skin tingles and itches and screams. All at once, yet he can't do anything about it ? He even enjoys it a little ; not understanding why that it feels good, only that it does feel good.

Steam shoots forth from his nostrils, simple exhalation having never been much of a topic for him Burt ignores it. He focuses upon THEM.

Boy is he mad.

I got this Idea after reading V for Vendetta while eating a Jar of the red stuff myself. He's basically a normal person whose addicted to Salsa ( technically it COULD be endorphins) his powers themselves come from what he later dubs 'Power Peppers' ( mentally scolding himself for sounding like a 'cheesy 30's comic' ).

The pepper seeds burn away Burts body fat , amping his strength and ( in the short run) giving him 5 ton strength, added in with a form of pyrokinesis. He creates fire by (basically) barfing it up . From this he can then control the fire , molding it into balls, whips, ect . When 'put out' with water the flames reduce to a natural tear gas. Not only this but his skin clocks in at 500 degrees , causing his punches to hurt even more then a natural 5 tonners should.

Finally as an added element the guy haters Salsa now, he just can't get the hit he used to from it. Only being able to satisfy himself with the full body pain that is his Superpower.

I need a name though....

grey fox
I found a site that allows you to make Supers.

Just go to Load on the site and enter this data

This is the site http://www.ugo.com/channels/comics/heroMachine/classic.asp

Mindship
C'mon, Mindship, give us one of yours. I won't even steal it until you leave.
It's hard to top that Sentient Black Hole idea...much too intimidating.

grey fox

Hey , what about my pepper powered guy ?

long pig
Well, it WAS both are ideas, so son't gusg for scoob >smile hottie htol

AJ@!!!!!!!!!!! I made use a pic for black hole guy? Aanyone help me

long pig

AJ@!!!!!!!!!!! I made use a pic for black hole guy? Aanyone help me heh drunk.

Skeets
Drunk or just stoned?

grey fox
Dammit AM I INVISIBLE or something !

long pig
I kicked out a awesome design for the black hole guy. Awesome.

grey fox
I kicked out a awesome design for the black hole guy. Awesome. Originally posted by grey fox
Dammit AM I INVISIBLE or something !

I'll take that as a yes sad

Alfheim
I'll take that as a yes sad

*jumps on grey fox and put him in a headlock* Happy?

grey fox
Originally posted by Alfheim
*jumps on grey fox and put him in a headlock* Happy?

*Punches Alf in Nose*

big grin Yes !

Mindship

Forgive my deteriorating brain cells.
Hey, you and the Scoobmeister could be the next greatest comic team since Lee & Kirby!

grey fox
Pepper power FTW

Scoobless
Forgive my deteriorating brain cells.
Hey, you and the Scoobmeister could be the next greatest comic team since Lee & Kirby!

I can already see the court case happening 30 years from now for sole ownership of the merchandising rights.

no expression

long pig
Actually, me and scoob do work together well. It usually goes like this:

"Dude, check out my thing I made. You like it scoob?"

"Yeah, I liked it better when I read it 4 years ago."

"WTF?"

"So, scoob. You like this?"

"Well....-scoob crushes lp's dreams-"

sad

long pig
What about a guy who has the ability of a "second chance"? No matter what he does, if it turns out badly he'll have a second chance at it by going back a few seconds in time.

Say he falls into a well, he uses his power and falls up the well until he's back on solid ground.

Very limited time control, like maybe 5 seconds.

That'd make him a bomb ass assassin.

Blair Wind
The other power is basically just a normal soldier who, at all times, sees 30 seconds ahead into the future. He can't actually see normal time at all, all he can see is 30 seconds in the future. It'd be impossible to catch him off by surprise or even to have an accident.

Its been done. As a movie. Called Next, starring Nick Cage ermmnone

long pig
Originally posted by Blair Wind
Its been done. As a movie. Called Next, starring Nick Cage ermmnone
That movie came out like, what.....5 months after I wrote that. Damn thieves!

long pig
Ok, now this one my dad liked for some reason! It's not so much a character concept as it is a story concept. There will be a main character, and he will have powers, but only him and they won't be extreme.

Ok, here: The Story starts off 1000 years in the future, in this future the USA is no longer just the continent it is now, it's the entire planet. So, the USE(united states of earth) realizes that the Earth is dying from all the crap that the USE has been throwing in the air for so long. In fact, it's so close to being dead the entire world is told to evacuate to a safer world.
So, to save their own lives the entirety of Earth starts to evacuate, all the whites and blacks, everyone...except the Native Americans.

They refuse to leave on the grounds that the Earth is their god and they are more than willing to die with it as it dies, they also would like to own it once again without intruders. So, off go the inhabitants to the new world, leaving everything behind that they couldn't carry.

Another 1000 years pass and the indians have turned the earth into paradise. But, to their suprise, they come to find out that those who left Earth long ago didn't leave their bad habits. They hear that the old evacuees have destroyed THAT world as well and they intend on coming back to their old world and, like they did to the indians in the past, steal it from them AGAIN or kill them all trying.

But, the indians have a few tricks up their sleeves, they've had access to all the most advanced weapons and the radiation has changed a few of them...giving them special gifts. They intend on using those gifts in the war against the oncoming ship of evacuees.

Maybe this wasn't that good...hmm

long pig
HA!

Beat this one.

Ok, there's this guy who gets transformed into a superman like guy with a few lower level superhuman powers from a ring (flight, strength, durability and some blasting powers), the ring will teleport him to a place where something bad is about to happen.
The catch is the powers and transformation are only available to him after he's been teleported. And it'll do it without any warning and he has no control over it. He just instantly appears at the site, fully garbed in superhero attire and powers on. Like, he'll disappear during a date or while at work.

Don't really have a name. Preemptor or something. I dunno.

Disappear
the powers concept sounds like freedom ring, that character from a few months ago in the tiny stories marvel prints in the back of some comics. the teleporting to danger without notice is interesting, but immediately made me think of that show with the guy from ed who'd get the next day's newspaper.

i think i'd like the idea better if the guy didn't have powers, but somehow had to fix things through creative means. like, he'd get teleported to where something was going to happen a short period of time before it did happen. and he'd have to figure out what, and why, and how to fix it. maybe. i dont know.

long pig
Well, I don't see him getting THAT much time in advance before danger happens. He essentially will get there a minute or two before the event happens. He won't know what it is or anything either.

Yeah, maybe not all those powers. Possibly just two: 20 ton strength and the ability to fly. So he can maybe catch someone falling, pick up heavy debris or fly to a window to rescue someone.

Blair Wind
Ok, now this one my dad liked for some reason! It's not so much a character concept as it is a story concept. There will be a main character, and he will have powers, but only him and they won't be extreme.

Ok, here: The Story starts off 1000 years in the future, in this future the USA is no longer just the continent it is now, it's the entire planet. So, the USE(united states of earth) realizes that the Earth is dying from all the crap that the USE has been throwing in the air for so long. In fact, it's so close to being dead the entire world is told to evacuate to a safer world.
So, to save their own lives the entirety of Earth starts to evacuate, all the whites and blacks, everyone...except the Native Americans.

They refuse to leave on the grounds that the Earth is their god and they are more than willing to die with it as it dies, they also would like to own it once again without intruders. So, off go the inhabitants to the new world, leaving everything behind that they couldn't carry.

Another 1000 years pass and the indians have turned the earth into paradise. But, to their suprise, they come to find out that those who left Earth long ago didn't leave their bad habits. They hear that the old evacuees have destroyed THAT world as well and they intend on coming back to their old world and, like they did to the indians in the past, steal it from them AGAIN or kill them all trying.

But, the indians have a few tricks up their sleeves, they've had access to all the most advanced weapons and the radiation has changed a few of them...giving them special gifts. They intend on using those gifts in the war against the oncoming ship of evacuees.

thats actually pretty interesting.....not sure about USE (USA suddenly owns everyone?), but I like everything else.....take out the superpowers and its just a good story of the future.

Blair Wind
HA!

Beat this one.

Ok, there's this guy who gets transformed into a superman like guy with a few lower level superhuman powers from a ring (flight, strength, durability and some blasting powers), the ring will teleport him to a place where something bad is about to happen.
The catch is the powers and transformation are only available to him after he's been teleported. And it'll do it without any warning and he has no control over it. He just instantly appears at the site, fully garbed in superhero attire and powers on. Like, he'll disappear during a date or while at work.

Don't really have a name. Preemptor or something. I dunno.

also pretty cool. Does remind me of early edition as well, but hey I loved that show so its all good. It also seems like a smaller version of the exiles storyline....

Disappear
early edition... that's what it was called. damn

Blair Wind

you know you could take it further and have it be a nature vs tech theme inside of the war/space battles/politics....

Like the native americans used tech to supplement the nature they were given, while the others used it in the same destructive ways they had been using them before.....later on having to themselves become cyborg type creatures. I dunno I kinda like the idea, it has potential.

long pig
Yeah, that story would have been hella anti-american and hella pro native american.

You could take the tech portion out of the story and have it go like this:

After everyone on Earth leaves except the NA's (and maybe some other groups of nature lovers like the pupa new guineas people). They plan on dying with the planet because to them, it's their god. The Earth senses it's land is now inhabited by those who are worthy of it and it's aware of the people's love of earth and their willingness to die with it. And the Earth finally shows its true face, it's a living being. It then opens up and shares all its secrets with the worthy people. Secrets of long life and strength and power. They use that new found knowledge to fight the invaders.

grey fox
I had a thought last night and created a character that sort of represents my Love for cheesy 60-70's marvel.

Charles Camms is your ordinary Brit teenager , he likes videogames , pop music and motor vehicles. A little clumsy and shy around the women but all in all pretty average.

Then it happens.

Upon a school field trip to the Natural History Museum the London born lad with a single parent family discovers HE is in-fact the direct descendant of King Aurthur. All explained by the ghost of Lancelot (whose spirit has been tied to his namesake due to his traitors ways) overwhelmed and confused by this information he flees.

While this is happening there is a split panel discussion showing his love interest (the pretty Melanie and his friends) being taught about a mysterious coffin which was discovered several years ago on the coast of Britain ; it's only markings being in incredibly ancient Chinese.

Charles stumbles into the room and accidentally trips over, knocking one of his classmates into the coffin (which in turn is covered with blood from the persons broken nose). While Charles seeks to apologise and avoid more embarrassment his class fail to notice the metallic circle within the centre of the coffin absorbing the blood.

Just as the class are leaving however , the coffins lid opens. Out steps a revitalised Chinese Vampire (Jiang Shi) , blinded and ancient it sniffs out it's prey (the young Charles) and attacks.

Mere seconds before the vampires massive leap connects however Charles intense fear summons his ancestors mighty weapon.

Excalibur, the shining blade.

The issue would end there.

Any thoughts ?

Scoobless
I had a thought last night and created a character that sort of represents my Love for cheesy 60-70's marvel.

Charles Camms is your ordinary Brit teenager , he likes videogames , pop music and motor vehicles. A little clumsy and shy around the women but all in all pretty average.

Then it happens.

Upon a school field trip to the Natural History Museum the London born lad with a single parent family discovers HE is in-fact the direct descendant of King Aurthur. All explained by the ghost of Lancelot (whose spirit has been tied to his namesake due to his traitors ways) overwhelmed and confused by this information he flees.

While this is happening there is a split panel discussion showing his love interest (the pretty Melanie and his friends) being taught about a mysterious coffin which was discovered several years ago on the coast of Britain ; it's only markings being in incredibly ancient Chinese.

Charles stumbles into the room and accidentally trips over, knocking one of his classmates into the coffin (which in turn is covered with blood from the persons broken nose). While Charles seeks to apologise and avoid more embarrassment his class fail to notice the metallic circle within the centre of the coffin absorbing the blood.

Just as the class are leaving however , the coffins lid opens. Out steps a revitalised Chinese Vampire (Jiang Shi) , blinded and ancient it sniffs out it's prey (the young Charles) and attacks.

Mere seconds before the vampires massive leap connects however Charles intense fear summons his ancestors mighty weapon.

Excalibur, the shining blade.

The issue would end there.

Any thoughts ?

Oh god, please no more descendants of mythological/theological/historical figures.

No offence.

Blair Wind
I thought of a power for a character the other day. Just came to me, and its probably been done but eh.

You have a guy and he can control the electricity in his body. He can only do it in a destructive method, akin to a tazer shot. The consequence is that when he does use it he uses up all the electricity in his whole body, so for a short period he is actually clinically dead till his body starts producing more electricity (him being superhuman in that aspect I guess).

Thought it would be different than the norm. A cool little power that leaves you helpless laughing out loud

grey fox
Oh god, please no more descendants of mythological/theological/historical figures.

No offence.

Oh come ON , whats so bad about it ? He doesn't have to be Arthur's descendant, last of the bloodline perhaps ?

But I assure you it'd be the cheesiest comic ever (cheesy in a good way).

His rouges gallery would consist of said Chinese Vampire , WOTW Martians attacking earth , another descendant kid (kind of the ol 'Evil version of the hero twist) save that he has Bjolnir.

Mider999
spawn he seems to be like a normal human sept have uber powers.

grey fox
I've been trying to figure out what powers Excalibur should have since my character is pretty much normal unless he has the blade.

So far I have
Able to emit a bright flash of light upon the command of 'Shining Blade'
Able to cut through anything made of stone or steel with little force (hybrid metals would require more force but not the actual amount required to break through said material)
Able to rejuvenate any water source to lake/ocean like proportions.
It's sharpness is dependant on the bearers whim
The blade is unbreakable by force (Magnetics and certain magical forces can still screw it over however)
Able to fire blasts of concentrated magic (the blade needs to have actually been HIT by spells first, IE Sinestros original yellow ring)
As a magical weapon it treats all aether and other such substances as solid (IE : HE can cut a fire spell in half dissipating it )

Aurthur himself would have a small Ally list including.....

Spring Heeled Jack - Victorian Gentlemen and creature of the night , traverses Londons rooftops and occasionally lends a helping hand when he deems it necessary
Lancelot - Spirit , currently inhabiting his namesake (a lance) due to his illicit affair with Guenevere, he's removed from the museum by Charles cutting a small chunk of the lance off. The curse requirements specifically stating he must inhabit THE LANCE ...just not all of it.
Morgan Le Fay - Sultry sorceress whom bemoans that 'Immortality is useless without my meddlesome brother to annoy' , the years have mellowed her and she's rather neutral in this whole 'hero business' she occasionally throws a spell her descendants way. 'Blood thicker then water and all that' in her own words.

Martian_mind
Aurthur himself would have a small Ally list including.....

Spring Heeled Jack - Victorian Gentlemen and creature of the night , traverses Londons rooftops and occasionally lends a helping hand when he deems it necessary
Lancelot - Spirit , currently inhabiting his namesake (a lance) due to his illicit affair with Guenevere, he's removed from the museum by Charles cutting a small chunk of the lance off. The curse requirements specifically stating he must inhabit THE LANCE ...just not all of it.
Morgan Le Fay - Sultry sorceress whom bemoans that 'Immortality is useless without my meddlesome brother to annoy' , the years have mellowed her and she's rather neutral in this whole 'hero business' she occasionally throws a spell her descendants way. 'Blood thicker then water and all that' in her own words.

What about Villians?you should totally throw in the green knight,the one who survived decapitation.

grey fox
Originally posted by Martian_mind
What about Villians?you should totally throw in the green knight,the one who survived decapitation.

Villains
Jiang Shi - Ancient , decrepit vampire, once a terror within his homeland now weakened but still a match for any mortal. Charles first opponent and a tough one at that , with inhuman physical stats , superhuman leaping abilities, razor sharp fingernails and a prehensile two metre tongue.
Martian Tripods - Wells got part of the story right , three tripods did land and destroy Weybridge/Shepperton , however that was it. They were brought down by the planets diseases much faster then in the Novel (which was obviously dragged out for story purposes) , thus they came into the hands of the British government whom have locked them up. Upon Charles first usage of Excalibur however the machines reactivate independently , searching for the Shining Blade.
Nikolai - Charles isn't the only one with a famous ancestor.....
The Green Knight - at the dawn of man he was human , now a ancient
forest spirit. He embodies natures spirit to the fullest in the sense that he looks after his own but isn't afraid to aid those whom help him. Something of an anti hero
The Green Dragon - A great wrym , one a mighty french king. Currently insane and awakened thanks to the shift in power now that Excalibur is back in the playing field . Various french jokes precede followed by gratuitous violence and people getting devoured.

long pig
Two new ideas. First: Kid-merc Or he could be a grown merc, doesn't matter. He's a normal merc with on powers except his two six shooters that not only never runs out of bullets but will never miss it's target. The bullets will chase the guy down ant get him no matter what. It can even phase through walls and shit. The other one is when the wort evil villain is caught by the gov. But instead of killing him they want him to fight crime for him. They put a implant in him that makes it impossible to do immoral things. He'll hate being a hero but has on choice. meh

basilisk
Superion
John Superion is a reporter at a major metropolitan newspaper on assignment doing a story about the Large Hadron Collider. As a result of a freak accident at the facility he is exposed to a massive dose of unknown exotic subatomic particles and absorbs a microscopic black hole into his body, giving him incredible powers - invulnerability, flight, vast superhuman strength and speed, exotic energy beams, and super enhanced body and senses. He uses his powers to fight crime as SUPERION.

In his secret identity he continues to work as reporter John Superion. Work colleagues often notice the similarity of his looks and name to Superion, and never see them together despite the endless exclusive interviews and photos of Superion that John manages to get. But he laughs off their suspicions saying "if I was really Superion would I be working here with our boss?" Then everyone chuckles and says stuff like "Oh John, why can't you be more like Superion?" He also wears glasses while Superion doesn't.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.