Big Boss vs Resident Evil 4

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Major Snafu
After Operation Snake Eater, Big Boss and EVA are caught in a time paradox and are warped to the present.

Now Big Boss has to rescue EVA so they can return to their own time. Stealth is out the window here. The only thing you can do is simply survive.

Sam Z
Well, they will survive.

lightness
facing the shagahod, the cobra, an army of armed trained soldiers will be a lot harder than mindless villagers that can barely run and a few things that are minor threats

Nikkolas
Krauser and Saddler double-team and easily rip Big Boss to shreds.

Howard_Jones
Big Boss with ease. Leon is tough, but Big Boss is in another league.

Nikkolas
Tell me how Big Boss is gonna take on and defeat two speedblitzers? One of them has an arm that can sever his head and block bullets (Krauser) and the other can simply take machinegun rounds into him with no effect as well as having a long-reaching spiked-appendage. Krauser and Saddler rip BB to pieces with zero effort.

S-Ranger
Originally posted by Nikkolas
Tell me how Big Boss is gonna take on and defeat two speedblitzers? One of them has an arm that can sever his head and block bullets (Krauser) and the other can simply take machinegun rounds into him with no effect as well as having a long-reaching spiked-appendage. Krauser and Saddler rip BB to pieces with zero effort.

Explain to me then how Leon survived with his stats then cause last time i checked Big Boss was the ultimate solider.

Sam Z

Well Big Boss was able to defeat invicible spider-like enemy, destroy a HUGE nuclear tank and beat hand-to-hand Volgin that was able to generate 10 000 000 volts electricity and break through walls and tank's armour with ease. And Big Boss's clone beat speefblitzer so I believe BB is capable of that too, as well as dodging or deflecting bullets. Hell even Olga was capable of that. And Krauser was defeated by Leon. If he could do that then Snake would have no problems doing that.

Nikkolas
First, Leon is not Snake. Just because Leon could does not mean Big Boss could. Also, just because a clone of Big Boss could do something it doesn't mean Big Boss could. Krauser also took that explosion he had rigged after it looked like his heart exploded and Leon left him for dead. He survived that. Big Boss ever survive something on that level? Saddler also could take and shrug off full machinegun rounds as well as barrels of exploding fuel being dumped right on top of him. All that and he didn't even have his robes cinged.

So, yes, Saddler and Krause rboth have a way of blocking bullets which removes most of BB's arsenal. They're both faster than him. Saddler also has a long-range attack.

Big Boss is pretty screwed.

Krone
So, the fact that Solid Snake looks identical to BB, has the same voice actor has all of BB's abilities, im guessing that this means everything Snake can do BB can do. They even have the same voice actor!

You say that 'Saddler and Krause rboth have a way of blocking bullets which removes most of BB's arsenal' doesnt the same apply to leon? Ive played and completed Resi 4 and im pretty sure that all you have to fight these two are ranged weapons. So if Leon can do it surly the 'Perfect Solider' can do it.

Sam Z
First, Leon is not Snake. Just because Leon could does not mean Big Boss could. Also, just because a clone of Big Boss could do something it doesn't mean Big Boss could. Krauser also took that explosion he had rigged after it looked like his heart exploded and Leon left him for dead. He survived that. Big Boss ever survive something on that level? Saddler also could take and shrug off full machinegun rounds as well as barrels of exploding fuel being dumped right on top of him. All that and he didn't even have his robes cinged.

So, yes, Saddler and Krause rboth have a way of blocking bullets which removes most of BB's arsenal. They're both faster than him. Saddler also has a long-range attack.

Big Boss is pretty screwed.

First, everything Leon could do Snake could do 3 times better. Second, yes it DOES mean that Big Boss could do that. The Boss was dodgig bullets fairly easilly, and Big Bos can do anything she can, but better. Krauser survived an exposion, big deal. Snake survived Volgin's combos. Concidering that Volgin was able to break Shagohod's armour with his punches (and shagohod's armour can take dozens shots from RBG without being scratched) it's a way more impressive feat. And third, Grey Fox was faster than Snake and probably faster than Krauzer but it didn't stopped Snake from kicking his a$$.

Oh, and blocking bullets is a fifth rate feat in MGS series.

grey fox
Big boss speed blitzes the island , easily.

Dr Salvador - Minor Annoyance , his Chainsaw get's CQC'd out of his hands and then rammed through his own chest.

Garrador - Slight difficulty simply due to armour plating , but then this is where the RPG comes in evil face

Ganados - Red-shirts , they die in droves.

Del Lago - Killed in the same manner as before

El Gigante - Rpg ftw

Mendez - Shotgun blast to the head , or just a general Claymores and TNT's till he's a corpse.

'Right Hand' - Freeze and Rpg

Salazar - Sniper Rifle and Rpg

Regenerator - Ahh...this is defiently a Patriot job

JJ - Sniper Rifle

Krauser - Survival knife and CQC

Saddler - Rpg

Nikkolas
Don't care. Krauser blocks all of BB's shots with his arm. Saddler impales his head on his spiked-tentacle. Saddler takes all of BB's ammo into him and is totally uneffected while Krauser easily impales him on his arm. It's a pretty simple battle as BB is not as fast as Krauser or Saddler.

Shame the time it takes to raise and aim that weapon will be more than enough for Saddler to blitz him. BB is not faster than Krauser or Saddler. He'll be dead before he knows it.

This is simply a stupid argument. I don't care what Leon or The Boss did. This fight is about Big Boss and Big Boss can not dodge or hit or hurt Saddler and Krauser but they can very easily destroy him.

Master-of-Chaos
its simple big boss owns all and thats that

its like neo vs 10000000 todes (from mario)

Ricodrayz
Anyone play portable ops where the story is cannon after snake eater with big boss? Big Boss faces Null(just like Cyborg ninja) He faces guys deflecting bullets. Ok just watch the video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPJnjhu4QQ8&eurl=

Sam Z
Don't care. Krauser blocks all of BB's shots with his arm. Saddler impales his head on his spiked-tentacle. Saddler takes all of BB's ammo into him and is totally uneffected while Krauser easily impales him on his arm. It's a pretty simple battle as BB is not as fast as Krauser or Saddler. Ok let's compare durability feats. Liquid Snake got blown up in the helicopter, took a direct shot from STINGER while riding REX, survived fall from top of the REX, then a car crash. Snake survived fall from over 100 meters into the reaver, took punches from Volgin and that's after getting his hand broken and eye shot as well as getting poisont and burnt. His CQC skills allow him to take on 5 armed and trained soldiers with only a knife (without using stealth).
I'd like to see Krauser fighting Volgin and the Boss.

Shame the time it takes to raise and aim that weapon will be more than enough for Saddler to blitz him. BB is not faster than Krauser or Saddler. He'll be dead before he knows it.
He can dodge bullets but Krauser is to fast for him? As you see I have reasons to say that Krauzer will get his neck broken before he knows it. It takes someone way more taugh and impressive than Krauser to blitz Snake.

kamikz
Don't care. Krauser blocks all of BB's shots with his arm. Saddler impales his head on his spiked-tentacle. Saddler takes all of BB's ammo into him and is totally uneffected while Krauser easily impales him on his arm. It's a pretty simple battle as BB is not as fast as Krauser or Saddler.

This is simply a stupid argument. I don't care what Leon or The Boss did. This fight is about Big Boss and Big Boss can not dodge or hit or hurt Saddler and Krauser but they can very easily destroy him.

Do tell how Leon defeated him? With bullets and guns? Then what is the difference from BB doing it?

I must say that their speed is not the primary difficult for BB. If you play PO he faces Cunningham (I think, or Meme) which has the speed at almost Gray Fox rate, he can dodge bullets easily and toss 10 knifes at once, and Null who is like a cyborg ninja. They are easily comparable, Null could also block bullets and had a gun in the other hand!

grey fox
Originally posted by kamikz
Null who is like a cyborg ninja. They are easily comparable, Null could also block bullets and had a gun in the other hand!

Null is Gray Fox

lightness
Originally posted by kamikz
Do tell how Leon defeated him? With bullets and guns? Then what is the difference from BB doing it?

I must say that their speed is not the primary difficult for BB. If you play PO he faces Cunningham (I think, or Meme) which has the speed at almost Gray Fox rate, he can dodge bullets easily and toss 10 knifes at once, and Null who is like a cyborg ninja. They are easily comparable, Null could also block bullets and had a gun in the other hand!

you mean Gene, who also had his special powers voice going for him. cunningham just fought on a flying platform.

Nikkolas

Sam Z

Superboy Prime
There's no reason to believe Big Boss couldn't survive what Leon did. Need I remind you that Leon survived all of that while being infected and ocasionally passing out?

Nikkolas

Cloud_VII
I used to play Resident Evil 2 at night...

Superboy Prime
The facts:
A. He can block every bullet Leon fires.
B. He can move faster than Leon.
C. He has greater durability than Leon
D. He still got owned by Leon, and then Ada.

Krone
Originally posted by Superboy Prime
The facts:
A. He can block every bullet Leon fires.
B. He can move faster than Leon.
C. He has greater durability than Leon
D. He still got owned by Leon, and then Ada.

Amen!! Preach!!

If Leon a jumped up police officer can do it, why can't the ultimate soldier?

Nikkolas
Big Boss is not Leon. Big Boss is not controlled by the player. He's given everything he's shown and nothing more. And everything he's shown puts him under the capacity to beat Krauser. Krauser is faster, can block every shot BB fires and has uber-durability. BB is nothing more than a veyr exceptional human being. He won't be able to keep up with Krauser and he won't be able to get passed his defenses.

Superboy Prime
So you're saying that if we didn't control Leon his adventure would've ended when he confronted Krauser? Is that what you're trying to say? Fact of the matter is Big Boss is more experienced than Leon, has more skills, and has taken on a number of super-natural beings as well. Krauser is but another trophy Big Boss will add to his collection of freaks.

Superboy Prime
gah

Nikkolas
Pretty much PIS saves Big Boss and Snake often.

-Fox could have easily killed Snake. If he can hold up Rex's foot and take a full-blown shot from REX smashing him against a wall and still move, Snake's punches aren't likely to have done much.
-Psycho Mantis could have easily yanked Snake's gun away, pointed it at him and shot him in the head.
-The Sorrow is DEAD. How did B beat him? PIS.

The facts are this: Big Boss is HUMAN. Nothing more. He's not fast enough to keeup up with Krauser. He's not equipped enough to get passed Krauser's defenses and nothing he's packing will be enough to stop Krauser. It's pretty damn simple.

Superboy Prime
Big Boss didn't really fight The Sorrow. All the Sorrow did was make Big Boss hallucinate and watch the "souls" of all the soldiers he had killed. That stunt had no effect on Big Boss what so ever, and thus the Sorrow's ill attempted "attack" went no where.

I don't see it that simple. Big Boss is Leon's superior in every way. Leon and Ada both managed to subdue, and kill Krauser respectively. I don't see why Big Boss who has taken on Volgin & the rest of The Cobra freaks cannot take Krauser.

SpadeKing
Originally posted by Howard_Jones
Big Boss with ease. Leon is tough, but Big Boss is in another league.

Leon could beat her, especially if snake can ermm

anyway Boss would get owned by the crazier version of dr.salvador with the double bladed chainsaw stick out tongue

Black Dalek
Leon > Big Boss

So

Resident Evil 4 > Big Boss

SpadeKing
Originally posted by Black Dalek
Leon > Big Boss

So

sorry thinking of the wrong person... but still Leon wins now that I know who it is. ermm

if big boss tried to do what he usually does against humans he would be dead in resident evil. I don't see him hiding from any of the bosses on there. except Krauser he sucks.

Nikkolas
Okay. Say Big Boss does miraculously hit Krauser. What is he packing that will put Krauser? Krauser has taken his heart exploding, that bomb right in his face (it levled that entire area and burned his entire body but didn't kill him) but still could move at his full speed and agility in the fight against Ada?

SpadeKing
you can kill him with like 14 knife slashes the best he got is if you miss your dodge oppurtinity ermm

Sam Z

Sam Z
Originally posted by Black Dalek
Leon > Big Boss

So

Snake>>>>Leon in every way.

Krone
Originally posted by Sam Z
Snake>>>>Leon in every way.

Please dont forget about the Mullet! and beard! and the bandana

Nikkolas

Krone

Sam Z

Nikkolas
Read it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Boss

An exceptional human being at most. Still not fast enough to keep up with Krauser nor packing enough firepower to put down Krauser.

Solidus: Hm. How about the troops?
Ocelot: The men are being refitted with Arsenal Gear equipment as ordered.

They weren't super soldiers. Just Gurlukovich's men with tech. Olga smilarly had the ninja outfi tto help her do that. And Solidus could kill any of the other Snakes in a fight.

Also it was 3 RAYs.

Gray Fox could bullet-time. If he was going all-out against Snake, Snake would have died. He would have zero chance of living througha fight with Cyborg Ninja Fox looking to kill him. All Fox wanted was a fight and to feel the pain of combat when he fought Snake.

And that's all well and good but his reflexes won't do him much. If he can, as you keep repeating, react so superhumanly, what, prey tell, will he do? Shoot Krauser? Krauser can block it. Stab Krauser? Seems unlikely to finish him off. Krauser can get in very quick and if Snake can react to defend himself, it still won't do much.

Nope. Pretty much human-level strength for BB. Human-level strength < massive explosion. Until BB's punches = bomb, they won't save him against Krauser once Krauser gets close to him.

I wanna see superhuman reflex Snake and BB do that stunt Leon did with those lasers.

Krone
He didnt just spray him. If your gonna use that in your argument use all of it.

Now watch that, especially the second Gray Fox, how effortlessly he deals with him, the Raven tank, he takes a tank shell to the chest. then the sniper wolf scene, the Flip and what not.

Lets see Leon do anything of the calibre.

Sam Z
Read it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Boss

laughing laughing So this is where you get your info from. I can only say one thing - nicely put. Hairspray lol You only proved that Big Boss can be killed.

An exceptional human being at most. Still not fast enough to keep up with Krauser nor packing enough firepower to put down Krauser.
Yeah, enough power to put down shagohod but not enough to put down Krauzer. roll eyes (sarcastic)
And enough of the "ordinary" human thing already, you failed to prove that argument.

Solidus: Hm. How about the troops?
Ocelot: The men are being refitted with Arsenal Gear equipment as ordered.
And what makes you think that being refitted with equipment doesn't involvs remaking you into supersoldier. Fox was also just a deadman with "equipment".

They weren't super soldiers. Oh yes they were. Otherwise how do you explain 10 meters long jumps and deflecting bullets.

Just Gurlukovich's men with tech. Olga smilarly had the ninja outfi tto help her do that. Wrong, her suit wasn't simillar to Fox's, it was just a disguise. All she did, she did by herself, not because of the suit, like jumping from the roof from a great hight when she first met Raiden, or jumping from nowhere on Arsenal's roof.

And Solidus could kill any of the other Snakes in a fight.
Based on what? On that he has super-speed? What does it take you to realise that it's not much of an advantage when it comes to Snake that has non-ordinary speed and reflxes himself

Also it was 3 RAYs.
Oh my bad. It also wasn't hairspray.

Gray Fox could bullet-time. If he was going all-out against Snake, Snake would have died. He would have zero chance of living througha fight with Cyborg Ninja Fox looking to kill him. All Fox wanted was a fight and to feel the pain of combat when he fought Snake. And that was the reason why he tried to cut Snake's head several times? Fox WAS going at his best and cutscenes prove that. Don't even start brining that Fox-was-going-easy-on-Snake-because-they-were-friends thing.

And that's all well and good but his reflexes won't do him much. If he can, as you keep repeating, react so superhumanly, what, prey tell, will he do? Shoot Krauser? Krauser can block it. Stab Krauser? Seems unlikely to finish him off. Krauser can get in very quick and if Snake can react to defend himself, it still won't do much. Depends on the equipment he has. There are dozen options.
- Cut his throat, to slow him down.
- While he's distracted for a moment shoot him in the eyes blinding him.
- Break his neck (won't kill him but sure as heck will hurt him and give Snake more options to choose)
- Feed him with C3 or TNT. It'll blow much more than just his heart.
^All that^ is possible in face-to-face confrontation. If this fight happens on a big territory and involves stealth then there are 20 times more options. Think of sniper rifle etc etc.
And you yet to give me a scenario of Krauzer beating Volgin.

Nope. Pretty much human-level strength for BB. Human-level strength < massive explosion. Until BB's punches = bomb, they won't save him against Krauser once Krauser gets close to him.
About strength, haven't I mentioned that Snakes have non-ordinary strength on pair with durability and reflexes? Like being able to make an uppercought that sends a grown heavy man flying many feet back or throwing people so they fly meters through the air. Or jumping many meters in the air while carrying STINGER. His punches do not have to be = bomb, CQC would be enough. By the way, how much time do you think it takes a trained soldier to pull a trigger? It'd help you to understand how fast "ordinary" humans in MG are.
And just in case Volgin's punches >>> explosion and Krauzer's punches. So I can still argue their durability.

I wanna see superhuman reflex Snake and BB do that stunt Leon did with those lasers. I think I already provided enough arguments for Snake's reflexes and speed.
And I wanna see Leon surving half of the things that Snake got through.
I was talking about their general abilities.
Strength - Snake
Speed - Snake
Reflexes - Snake
Fighting skills - Snake
Shooting - Snake (his skills in this term equels Ocelt's and that pretty much speaks for itself)
Durability - Snake
And last but not the least
Coolness - Snake cool

SpadeKing
1. I've never seen snake fight his way out of the grasps of a Lord of teh Rings type troll
2.Snake and Leon run about the same speed I beleive confused
3. reflxes go to Leon no doubt, look at all of his battles and how he avoided the laser room stick out tongue
4.yea I think the fighting would go to snake unless it was a knife fight
5.never seen Leon shoot by himself nor snake.
6. snake only wins durability cause he take a direct rocket and only lose like half his health messed
7. Leo is cooler I dont Snake wearing Mafia outfits mhm

Sam Z
Look what Volgin did to brick wall 4:15 seconds of the video. One punch...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Mn2p95SW70&mode=related&search=
And now look how many these punches Snake took.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVIS247ylJA

Sam Z
Originally posted by SpadeKing
1. I've never seen snake fight his way out of the grasps of a Lord of teh Rings type troll
2.Snake and Leon run about the same speed I beleive confused
3. reflxes go to Leon no doubt, look at all of his battles and how he avoided the laser room stick out tongue
4.yea I think the fighting would go to snake unless it was a knife fight
5.never seen Leon shoot by himself nor snake.
6. snake only wins durability cause he take a direct rocket and only lose like half his health messed
7. Leo is cooler I dont Snake wearing Mafia outfits mhm
1. He did more impressive things though.
2. Raven fight with STINGER on his shoulder.
3. Man, all these dodging feats.
4. CQC is based on knife fighting... confused
5.Haven't you seen his tuxedo suit. cool

SpadeKing
1. He did more impressive things though.
2. Raven fight with STINGER on his shoulder.
3. Man, all these dodging feats.
4. CQC is based on knife fighting... confused
5.Haven't you seen his tuxedo suit. cool

1. you must mean Leo eyes
2. Leon fought with multiple weapons being implanted into his head
3. Lets see snake do a back flip inbetween a set of lasers that will undoubtly chop you into chop sewee mhm
4. no its just CQC which also includes, trench fighting, hand 2 hand, knife fighting, Krauser blowing someone's body into pieces, or a shotgun to your face
5. Mafia uniform mhm

Krone
1. Snakes beaten harder enemies than the Troll.. Ie Metal Gear's
2. When did leon fight with thigns in his head? i forgot
3. In the link i posted Snake (whilst being aimed at by Sniper Wolf) Backflips, flicks his sniper rifle up, catches and does a cool twirl.
4. CQC is knife fighting hence the reason he only does CQC with a knife, and a fork at one point.
5. Tuxedo and eye patch!

Sam Z
1) Rex >> Troll
2) Snake embarrassed 3 soldiers with machine guns after they surrounded him.
3) Lets see Leon making a back flip over a speeding bullet.cool
4) CQC is pretty much based on using knife and gun at the same time.
5) What Krone said cool

SpadeKing
Originally posted by Krone
1. Snakes beaten harder enemies than the Troll.. Ie Metal Gear's
2. When did leon fight with thigns in his head? i forgot
3. In the link i posted Snake (whilst being aimed at by Sniper Wolf) Backflips, flicks his sniper rifle up, catches and does a cool twirl.
4. CQC is knife fighting hence the reason he only does CQC with a knife, and a fork at one point.
5. Tuxedo and eye patch!

1. Lets see him beat a gigantic one eyed freak that looks like a spider, or "IT" mhm
2.I kinda remember have axes, arrows, scythes, pitch forks, acid, and every other thing that is on there hitting me in the head and continuing fighting.
3. compare that to laser dodging? lucky shots disgust
4. but still yet it can mean either of the following, like the game called something: close quarters combat (forgot the title) they were all using shotguns
5. Mafia unfirom, with the hat tilted and a tommy gun mhm

Nikkolas

Krone
I bet Leon wouldn't of survived if he was the main character....

Sam Z

Major Snafu
Lots of slow-ass zombies would be hardly a threat to Snake, and the only serious chalange Leon faced in Racoon city was (correct me if I'm wrong it was years ago) William. Dodging lasers was impressive but only when they moved towards him all together and still nothing Snake couldn't perform.

You forgot Mr. X. The correct line of events in Resident Evil 2 was Claire-A/Leon-B. If you play Leon's game first, there are too many plot holes. Leon only had to fight Birkin - or rather G - three times, two more than Claire, so you're right about Big Bad Willie trying to kill him.

SolidSnake06
I think the hardest boss that BB will come up against is krauser. hes fast and tough. i think tho that if BB gets his shotgun, he pumps shots into his legs to make him lose his gaurd and then pumps him in the face with shells or AK spray. And everyones going to say that he can dodge the shots, then tell me why Leon could shoot him? all i did was after he tried impailing my head with his arm, i shot him in the legs and capped him in the head. and ppl saying that he faced gray fox (aka ninja) no he didnt that was SOLID snake (difference). but i think BB wins 6/10 against Krauser.

MykeKitty
Look what Volgin did to brick wall 4:15 seconds of the video. One punch...

And now look how many these punches Snake took.

Volgin says he wants to make BB pay. He's a sadist. He beats the hell out of BB, then tortures him . He could've killed him if he wanted to. BB is gritty as hell with an extremely high tolerance for pain, but he doesn't have superhuman durability. In most of the scenes with The Boss, BB doesn't show greater durability than any of the fodder soldiers he disables with CQC.

BB got stalemated by Ocelot in H2H on the Wig. In the Krauser/Leon knife fight itself, both Krauser and Leon demonstrated more CQC knowledge than anyone in Snake Eater besides BB/Boss/Ocelot (not saying necessarily that BB/Boss/Ocelot are superior in this respect). Ocelot basically picked up all his CQC in what, 2 days? Krauser, as a merc, would likely at least be able to stand up to BB in close quarters.

Did Big Boss have any good reflex feats in Snake Eater? I don't remember any immediately, but I haven't played the game in half a year or so. If not, he might not make it to the liquid nitrogen capsules against Salazar's Right Hand.

grey fox
Durability is definetly Bosses territoy , I mean if we compare his CLONES feats (which technically do count as his own) upon his original then he's pretty much Superior to Leon.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.