Superman Returns: The Game

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

juggernaut66666
Some videos it is coming out at Nov 20
some videos and pictures:
http://ps2.ign.com/objects/564/564113.html
http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/action/supermanreturnsthevideogame/index.html

Rewmac
Actually it's coming on : 22th.

Deathstroke
I think it looks pretty fun. If they have good controls, and it's decently long I think it should be pretty good.

Big Sexy
Hopefully it can erase the tragedy of Superman 64

Rewmac
?????? What are you talking about?

Big Sexy
Originally posted by Rewmac
?????? What are you talking about? You do know that Superman videogames are considered to be the worst video games every made and Superman 64 is considered the worst of them?

Turtlethomas
ya know, i like 50 Cent and Eminemsmile

Grimm22
I have the demo on my 360

It's actually a lot of fun big grin

Basically think the Spider-Man 2 game, except with Superman

Validus
The demo is ok. The fighting is awful.

Dinalfos
It looks to be on par with the movie (and the comic book character itself): retarded.

Grimm22
Originally posted by Validus
The demo is ok. The fighting is awful.

Agreed erm

There are not nearly enough combos, but as far as I can tell there are about a dozen or so that are unlockable

H. S. 6
The controls are terrible.

The game is broken. Honestly, I think it could use a few more months before being released. Ah, well...

juggernaut66666
Originally posted by H. S. 6
The controls are terrible.

The game is broken. Honestly, I think it could use a few more months before being released. Ah, well...
Why is the game broken? confused

Dinalfos
Because it involves the Superman character. That's enough to cripple ANY game, regardless of it's design quality.

juggernaut66666
Originally posted by Dinalfos
Because it involves the Superman character. That's enough to criple ANY game, regardless of it's design quality.
Have you even watched the trailer?

Dinalfos
Originally posted by juggernaut66666

Better yet, I've played teh game!!1!

Well, the demo.

juggernaut66666
Better yet, I've played teh game!!1!

Well, the demo.
What is wrong with the game?

Dinalfos
What is wrong with the game?

The in-game scope is nicely done, but the action is hokey at best. Not so much the controls, they're relatively acceptable. It's just that the system and presentation aren't very intuitive and lacking balance. And the textures and animations are very, very EA (I.e cheap and repetitive). But to make matters even worse, it also has horrendous collision detection, far worse than anything else I've seen this year. I couldn't get into it because of that.

Granted, it was a test-version, but still.

juggernaut66666
The in-game scope is nicely done, but the action is hokey at best. Not so much the controls, they're relatively acceptable. It's just that the system and presentation aren't very intuitive and lacking balance. And the textures and animations are very, very EA (I.e cheap and repetitive). But to make matters even worse, it also has horrendous collision detection, far worse than anything else I've seen this year. I couldn't get into it because of that.

Granted, it was a test-version, but still.
Anyway I will still get it just because of the free play stuff.

Validus
The controls are far from acceptable IMO. Controlling Superman during high speed flight is a total pain in the ass and the camera doesn't help matters.

Grimm's comparison to the Spider-Man 2 game is on the mark. Both games give a good sense of being that particular hero but other than that, it's a bust. I'd still rent the game because some of the stuff that plays in the trailer looks pretty sweet but no way would I drop 60 on it.

juggernaut66666
The controls are far from acceptable IMO. Controlling Superman during high speed flight is a total pain in the ass and the camera doesn't help matters.

Grimm's comparison to the Spider-Man 2 game is on the mark. Both games give a good sense of being that particular hero but other than that, it's a bust. I'd still rent the game because some of the stuff that plays in the trailer looks pretty sweet but no way would I drop 60 on it.
and don't forget you can also play as Bizarro

H. S. 6

Camera is un-usable. Controls are wonky and unreliable at best, and completely broken at worst.

Play the demo. You'll see what I mean.

juggernaut66666
Camera is un-usable. Controls are wonky and unreliable at best, and completely broken at worst.

Play the demo. You'll see what I mean.
I can't do that because of 2 reasons
1.In Hungary there is no demo cd sell
2.There is no demo for ps2

juggernaut66666
Mr Mxy is in the game big grin

Grimm22
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a54/Grimm22/20061118.jpg

This is basically a perfect portrayal of the crappy dialoge

Darth Vicious
Im getting it but hinestly I probably will play it for a few minutes and then give it to my boys. Not really interested in the game, this one anyways.

H. S. 6
Originally posted by Darth Vicious
Im getting it but hinestly I probably will play it for a few minutes and then give it to my boys. Not really interested in the game, this one anyways.

How does that make any sense?

You'd buy something for $60 that you know you won't like, and then give it away? blink

srankmissingnin
Imagine how bad this game would have been if they tried to get it out with the theatrical release of the movie. sick

Darth Vicious
How does that make any sense?

You'd buy something for $60 that you know you won't like, and then give it away? blink

roll eyes (sarcastic) Thats because im not gonna spend a dime on it. The internet is such a wonderful place these days. Thats all im gonna say. cool
And besides im sure my kids(my boys) will like it.

Validus
http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/747/747285p1.html

juggernaut66666
I like the game but it could have been better. The controlls are ok but a bit difficult in the begining . The graphics would need more work.The Bizarro mini game is to short...

Deathstroke
I played for about an hour, and I thought it was pretty fun. I'd probably buy it if I had a 360, but I don't. If you like Superman I'd recomend it.

juggernaut66666
Originally posted by Deathstroke
I played for about an hour, and I thought it was pretty fun. I'd probably buy it if I had a 360, but I don't. If you like Superman I'd recomend it.
It is out for almost every console

juggernaut66666
Game completed cool

DarkCrawler
I thought this would be good one.

Well, now I am not sad that it is not coming to PS3. stick out tongue

Darth Vicious
The controls are terrible and I was already bored after the meteors falling part, maybe because im not a big Supes fan.

juggernaut66666
Originally posted by Darth Vicious
The controls are terrible and I was already bored after the meteors falling part, maybe because im not a big Supes fan.
The controlls are not that bad if you are used to FPS games

Darth Vicious
I am used to FPS. I guess I should rephrase, the controls are horrible at the beggining then they get slightly better.LOL

Dinalfos
EA was on to something in Superman Returns, but barely tapped the surface

This right here sums up EA and most of their back catalogue.

Grimm22
I still like flying around erm

Its cool how you go through different speeds the more you fly

Sparkz

An FPS this is a 3rd person action adevnture why make the controlls like an FPS??

juggernaut66666
Originally posted by Sparkz
An FPS this is a 3rd person action adevnture why make the controlls like an FPS??
aiming for instance

H. S. 6

FPS are my favorite genre of games. That doesn't make up for the controls, though.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.