i love how that when they can't come up with any more horror movies, they just remake

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

xblanex
old classics.

i actually hate it.
be creative!

Deano
you can be creative and still remake.

e.g the fly
e.g the thing

steverules
not all remakes are bad

Vim
What sort of "Horror" are we talking about here? Are we talking psychological thriller, or pure gore/blood slasher horror? Monsters? Zombies? What do you mean??

Espantada23
How about the remake of a remake...The Fly of the 80's was an awesome remake of the old one...but to remake that now is just stupid...I wish they would come out with something new and original...I mean even if they were to just go back in history and make a movie based on some supernatural event in the past or something...Like The Blood Countess...who was the basis for the game in Stay Alive...The real story of that woman's life and the heinous crimes she committed and why she did it would make for an awesome horror flick...I think at this point it's just sheer laziness that makes these people remake old classics.

Vim
Again just what kind of horror are we talking about here? I think Saw was very original. Since when have seen a guy make people go through these elaborate "traps" and so if they live, they have a much better outlook on life, they have a reason to live.. I haven't seen one. I'll admit I haven't seen many "horror" movies to the affect of some killer running around killing people, because well I think they are dumb ... but besides remakes of THOSE kinds of movies... What other kind of remakes are we talking about here??

Leathergien
Some remakes are good, like Tcm, TCM The beggining and the hills have eyes, and more but the hills have eyes was better then the original!! i think....remakes, they are getting annoying, i think its just becuase directors lost there imagination!

Mider999
i think maybe they remake certain movies cause of the franchise itself thus getting money, not cause its a good idea, look at exorcist the beginning total wanna be remake of the first, but of course we know that the original idea was dominion prequal to the exorcist it was better IMO, same thing with hellraiser bloodline, original script was not like the junk that came out in the theatres, it was actually very twisted and interesting you can find the script if you search hard enough the oringal script. Halloween six another example they had a good version but since Donald Plesance died they remade it, why did they need to do that, they could have brought back tommy doyl, or dr loomis son, just read the comics from chaos, they can make a perfectly good creepy as heck story, though not perfect, still creepy still dont believe me, read halloween return to haddionfield, and halloween one good scare, sadly thse are so hard to find which is so very lame. Read hellraiser comics they have nifty ideas in there.

Espantada23
Are we talking remakes or sequels?

xblanex
Originally posted by Leathergien
Some remakes are good, like Tcm, TCM The beggining and the hills have eyes, and more but the hills have eyes was better then the original!! i think....remakes, they are getting annoying, i think its just becuase directors lost there imagination!

tcm the beginning was horrible

Leathergien
no it wasnt, it was desent!

and i ment it to be a prequil sorry

Espantada23
It was crap.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.