Cyclops vs Cap

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Brian Oswald
This is depowered badass Cyclops with a gun(from Astonishing Xmen) vs Cap with his shield for the first 3 minutes of battle then after that it disappears.

Cyke may be depowered but he still has his precise aim and is an tactician.

Turtlethomas
cyclops wins. he would shoot his legs

Soleran
Cyclops loses badly

Turtlethomas
how would cap attack him??

Soljer
Originally posted by Soleran
Cyclops loses badly

Turtlethomas
cap cant attack cyclops, and when he tries, he is shot...
fanboys...

Brian Oswald
I wasn't sure of how well Cap can dodge bullelts without his shield. And Remember Cyke's gun doesnt have unlimited ammo.

Soljer
Originally posted by Brian Oswald
I wasn't sure of how well Cap can dodge bullelts without his shield. And Remember Cyke's gun doesnt have unlimited ammo.

Three minutes is a LONG ass time in a fight.

Cap won't even be losing his shield.

Mace Skywalker
This is rather sad. A 3 min fight?! Cap would take cyke out in less than that with his shield.

Omega-level
Depowered Cyke 6/10.

But powered Cyke takes this pretty easily.

Brian Oswald
Hmm. What if Cap looses his shield after 20 secounds? 1 minute?

fsufan89
Cyclops takes cap out. Cap wont even be able to get close

H. S. 6
Cap wins easily. If he doesn't want to be hit, he won't be hit (hide behind his shield). He'll get close, and then take off Cyke's head with a shield throw.

Brian Oswald
It seems to be pretty spilt on who would win

Soljer
If this was normal, powered Cyclops, he would definitely win a 10/10.

Depowered with a pistol?

Fool loses every time.

trolly_crouchjr
Originally posted by H. S. 6
Cap wins easily. If he doesn't want to be hit, he won't be hit (hide behind his shield). He'll get close, and then take off Cyke's head with a shield throw. Im pretty sure the blast would sent him backwards...

Soljer
Originally posted by trolly_crouchjr
Im pretty sure the blast would sent him backwards...

The blast from a pistol?

long pig
A blast from Surfer wouldn't send Cap backwards if he blocked it with his shield. Cap could simply wade through the blasts until he can get close enough to unleash an ass whoopin'.

Remember, Cap is so physically superior he would make Cyke look like a 900lb paraplegic stuck in mud.

jasonk3
without his powers cyclops is no match for cap

jasonk3
Originally posted by long pig
A blast from Surfer wouldn't send Cap backwards if he blocked it with his shield. Cap could simply wade through the blasts until he can get close enough to unleash an ass whoopin'.

Remember, Cap is so physically superior he would make Cyke look like a 900lb paraplegic stuck in mud.

Damn i didnt kno caps would'nt move a bit if surfer blasted him, Impressive

Soljer
Originally posted by jasonk3
Damn i didnt kno caps would'nt move a bit if surfer blasted him, Impressive

I'm not sure if that's entirely true. His shield absorbs impact, but on the level of Surfer's blast? Doubtful. We've seen King Thor backhand him away, whilst hitting his shield. Similarly for the Hulk, and other big bruisers.

manorastroman
cyclops has hung with, and even embarassed, wolverine h2h on multiple occasions. i don't think cap is just going to "whoop is ass" or anything.

but still, unless cap loses his shield in under a minute, it'll be pretty tough for him to lose.

Soljer
Originally posted by manorastroman
cyclops has hung with, and even embarassed, wolverine h2h on multiple occasions. i don't think cap is just going to "whoop is ass" or anything.

but still, unless cap loses his shield in under a minute, it'll be pretty tough for him to lose.

Cyclops is a skilled hand to hand combatant, true. But not on the level of Wolverine or Captain America. Cyclops only ONCE showed up Wolverine in hand to hand combat, that I can remember. And he didn't even beat him, just flipped him and pissed him off.

And the only reason Cyke fared that well was because Wolverine was emotionally damaged and psychologically shaken at the time. Hand to hand? Captain America DOES 'whoop 'is ass.'

Grimm22
Are you freakin' kidding me laughing

Without his powers, Cyke is deadmeat in this fight

Cap 10/10

manorastroman
Originally posted by Soljer
And the only reason Cyke fared that well was because Wolverine was emotionally damaged and psychologically shaken at the time. Hand to hand? Captain America DOES 'whoop 'is ass.'

i'm not sure wolverine was either emotionally damaged or psychologically shaken--at least not moreso than usual...he was just mind controlled.

cap would of course take 10/10 h2h against cyclops, but cyclops also has a gun here. all i'm saying is that cyclops could "hang" long enough to get a nice, clear shot on captain's "A".

Brian Oswald
So how about Cap looses his shield in 30 secounds.

Soljer
Doesn't matter. Cap cap rush a single armed target, and get one good shield bash to Cyke's head within 30 seconds.

Game over.

Brian Oswald
What about no shield at all? eek!

jasonk3
I'm not sure if that's entirely true. His shield absorbs impact, but on the level of Surfer's blast? Doubtful. We've seen King Thor backhand him away, whilst hitting his shield. Similarly for the Hulk, and other big bruisers.

Wait so can his shield absorb a full blast from Cyclops, if he still had his powers?

Soljer
Originally posted by Brian Oswald
What about no shield at all? eek!

Cap's dodged bullets fired by multiple assailants before. I don't think dodging the gunfire of ONE shooter, regardless of his aim, will be too difficult.

I mean, Cyke is good, but he isn't bullseye. And even if Cap decides not to rush Cyke while he's firing, he can always wait till it's out of Ammo, and then utterly beat the living christ out of Cyclops.

erm.

Soljer
Originally posted by jasonk3
Wait so can his shield absorb a full blast from Cyclops, if he still had his powers?

I was arguing that his shield likely COULD NOT absorb a full blast.

Just like it couldn't absorb a complete blast from the Surfer, or the entire force of someone like Hulk or Thor hitting him.

Drifter
Originally posted by manorastroman
i'm not sure wolverine was either emotionally damaged or psychologically shaken--at least not moreso than usual...he was just mind controlled. You must be thinking of a different incident. Cyke once smacked Logan around to get him back to his usual lovable, homicidal self. This was after Proteus' reality-warping powers had left Wolvie more or less shell-shocked.

Metalmanx
Cyke wins 9/10.

Soljer
Originally posted by Metalmanx
Cyke wins 9/10.

What the f**k?

Metalmanx
What seems to be the problem, Soljer?

Soljer
What seems to be the problem, Soljer?

You are aware that cyclops is depowered, right?

And you still don't see the problem?

I don't care how good Cyke's aim is! I wouldn't give friggin BULLSEYE a 9/10 against Cap, much less Cyclops!

Metalmanx
You are aware that cyclops is depowered, right?

And you still don't see the problem?

I don't care how good Cyke's aim is! I wouldn't give friggin BULLSEYE a 9/10 against Cap, much less Cyclops!

...Woah. I feel dumb. I TOTALLY didn't read the thread specifications.

With that said, Cap wins 8/10.

Soljer
...Woah. I feel dumb. I TOTALLY didn't read the thread specifications.

With that said, Cap wins 8/10.

laughing

No worries, it happens.

rotiart
Two of my favorite characters... I'm so... conflicted...

I mean its obvious that cap wins.. but I feel bad for scotty. Cap will be able to deflect any shot with his shield... and while scott is a good hand to hand combatant... he isn't on cap's level. sad Cap in a curbstomp.

ExtraMision5555
If this was normal, powered Cyclops, he would definitely win a 10/10.

Depowered with a pistol?

Fool loses every time.

thumb up

p.s cyc was depowered in astonishing?
when?

H. S. 6
Cyke wins 9/10.

You almost made me cry. Apologize.

stick out tongue

Metalmanx
Nevah! stick out tongue

don't shiv
Cap wins. easily.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.