Sharad Hett versus Ki-Adi-Mundi

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Crado
This is RotS Mundi and Outlander Hett. Setting is in the Dune Sea. Anything goes.

MEDVOCK
I think it'd be close, but I can see Ki eventually winning this. Yoda did, after all, state that he was the ONLY Jedi with the skills to defeat him.

EDIT: Just read that this is ROTS Ki. In that case, Ki should definitely be able to take this.

Crado
That statement is clearly incorrect. There were many living jedi at the time more powerful than Ki, such as Plo Koon, Yoda, Mace Windu etc.
From what I remember, the real reason Ki was chosen for the task was because he was the only jedi on the council who had never known Sharad.

And while Ki would have gotten much more powerful after Outlander, Sharad in Outlander was most probably past his prime; the way jedi spoke of him, he sounded like a real legend.

Prodigal Knight
Ki-Adi Mundi takes this, albeit with some great difficulty.

MEDVOCK
There's also the fact that he was killed by Aurra Sing. Now, having been in the desert so long, it is probably reasonable to assume Sharad Hett lost to Aurra because his general skills with a saber, and more importantly, his hand-to-hand dueling skills, may have dimished somewhat.

Ki-Adi, however, was stated as the ONLY Jedi to be able to defeat Sharad Hett by Yoda, thus indicating he could, in fact, defeat him, and considering this is ROTS Ki, which is obviously a FAR superior Ki than that period, Ki should really have little trouble defeating him.

Prodigal Knight
This is mere speculation my friend. Aurra Sing, while deadly, was killed by Aayla Secura, who is a decent (and sexy stick out tongue ) Jedi. I hardly doubt that by being on a desert he lost his general saber skills. If he hasn't trained in the desert for a long time (or even touched his saber) then yes I would agree to an extent to what you are saying. I don't know much about Sharad Hett sorry.

I am sure that by this decade Ki-Adi Mundi is already in his prime, even maybe past it and detiorating. Mundi is an old Cerean. And Yoda stated that because Sharad Hett was Ki-Adi's former apprentice, so the Cerean Jedi Master might understand what Hett was going through.

Crado
Under normal conditions, he would have beaten her most likely, however she had just snipered him and he was dying, so losing to Aurra Sing after having been shot isn't exactly a bad thing.

Erm, Ki had never known him. Sharad Hett's former master was Eeth Koth. Ki was basically chosen because he was the only jedi on the council to have never known him.

Captain REX
And here we are, socking again...

Prodigal Knight
LOL

Prodigal Knight
My bad, I thought the thread was talking about A'Sharad Hett, not Sharad Hett. I didn't know A'Sharad's fathers name was Sharad. Sorry, my bad on this.

And Sharad Hett was considered to be a determined and fearless Knight, often called Howlrunner and other such names. So he seems to be pretty good.

I still believe that Ki-Adi Mundi takes this.

Council#13
Originally posted by Crado
That statement is clearly incorrect. There were many living jedi at the time more powerful than Ki, such as Plo Koon, Yoda, Mace Windu etc.
From what I remember, the real reason Ki was chosen for the task was because he was the only jedi on the council who had never known Sharad.

Does his knowledge not give him the advantage over other Jedi in this case?

Originally posted by Prodigal Knight
This is mere speculation my friend. Aurra Sing, while deadly, was killed by Aayla Secura, who is a decent (and sexy stick out tongue ) Jedi.

Oh yes, Aayla...

What? Oh, right! Aayla didn't kill Aurra, she managed to disarm her and Aurra was sent to some re-hab center.

Crado
It wasn't so that it would give him an advantage, it was just that all the other council members had emotional ties to him, and if Sharad had really turned to the darkside, they might not necessarily have it in them to strike him down (if they could), however Ki had never known him, so he wouldn't really face that same problem.

Council#13
It wasn't so that it would give him an advantage, it was just that all the other council members had emotional ties to him, and if Sharad had really turned to the darkside, they might not necessarily have it in them to strike him down (if they could), however Ki had never known him, so he wouldn't really face that same problem.

Therefore Ki was the only one who could take on Sharad.

Crado
Originally posted by Council#13
Therefore Ki was the only one who could take on Sharad.

There were definitely others who had the ability to do so, however Yoda believed that it would be best to send Ki-Adi because he had no emotional ties with him. So no, Ki wasn't the only one who could do it, probably couldn't in fact even do it.

Council#13
There were definitely others who had the ability to do so, however Yoda believed that it would be best to send Ki-Adi because he had no emotional ties with him. So no, Ki wasn't the only one who could do it, probably couldn't in fact even do it.

You said that the other Council Members probably wouldn't have it in them to strike him down:

I know I'm contridicting my own argument here, but Ki would have trouble striking down ANYBODY. Jedi revere life.

Crado
True, but he would have more trouble if he actually personally knew the guy. I mean jedi value all life, but they still know that it is their duty to do what they must to preserve peace, and striking down a fallen legendary jedi knight would come under that.

Prodigal Knight
My bad, my point was that Aayla > Aurra.

Council#13
True, but he would have more trouble if he actually personally knew the guy. I mean jedi value all life, but they still know that it is their duty to do what they must to preserve peace, and striking down a fallen legendary jedi knight would come under that.

Agen Kolar hardly knew Quinlan Vos, and he was under orders to bring him back to the Council, but he did not strike him down, although he could have done so several times.

Prodigal Knight
Council:

Yes Agen could have struck Quinlan down, but you have to consider the fact that Vos wasn't "trying". He was running away because he was still loyal to the Republic and he didn't want his ruse to be broken. If Quinlan was fighting like he was against Bulq, then he would kill Kolar.

Council#13
Quinlan tried again to kill Kolar. He only managed to kill Sora Bulq because Aayla helped him quiet his inner demons.

Prodigal Knight
Quinlan could have killed Sora. Actually, Aayla intervening in his mind made him even more not in control. Quin could have killed Sora as a Dark Side warrior, but there was the Jedi within him, so Aayla exploits that and Quin redeems himself and slaughters Bulq.

Council#13
If I remember correctly, Sora was winning. When Aayla cleared his mind, Quinlan used the Force to guide his blade and he cut Sora Bulq.

The Planet
Here's how the fight went down.

1. swtimeline.ru/?comics=48&page=127

This is just the beginning of the fight. Now Bulq is clearly being displayed to be winning; he blocks a strike from Quinlan while only holding his saber with one hand while Quinlan Vos was putting his all into the strike using both hands to swing, and manages to pull off a force push.

2. swtimeline.ru/?comics=48&page=128

Notice on the proceeding page how Dooku orders Quinlan to kill Tholme and Khaleen, and then Bulq tells him to 'listen to true master'. It's pretty clear that they're still trying to turn him back to the darkside, and because of that, Bulq was not going full out - he even states 'or I will kill you' indicating that he was holding back to try and turn him back to the darkside.

Also notice their facial expressions, the way I see it, Vos is in a rage and completely uncontrolled whereas Sora looks a lot more in control.

3. swtimeline.ru/?comics=48&page=130

Again, Bulq is being displayed as the current superior; standing over Quinlan taunting him, while Quinlan is backing down looking somewhat apprehensive.

4. swtimeline.ru/?comics=48&page=131

Here, Tholme and Aayla try to mentally reach Quinlan, and encourage him to embrace the light.

5. swtimeline.ru/?comics=48&page=132

Here, Bulq continues to dominate the fight, blasting Quinlan with lightning, and Quinlan is still uncontrolled, and in fact being somewhat mislead by the darkside within him (seeing his face in the face of Bulq, the so called "second sith"wink.

6. swtimeline.ru/?comics=48&page=133

Bulq continues to dominate - force pushes him and blasts him with lightning, however Aayla has started to reach him.

7. swtimeline.ru/?comics=48&page=134

Here is where Aayla fully gets through to him, and Quinlan fully lets go of the darkside and embraces the light.

8. swtimeline.ru/?comics=48&page=135

Having fully embraced the light, Quinlan Vos defeats Sora Bulq in a single expert move.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.