"Godlike" Cable

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SpunkySmurph
I've noticed quite a bit of anger/upset-ness over the use of the term 'Godlike' to refer to Cabe at his best.

Can anybody come up with a better term, thats simple, and not a pain to write?

manorastroman
the only person bothered by the term is rewmac, and him only because he has this weird mistaken impression that godlike means beyonder level. personally, i prefer jesus cable, which predates god cable on this forum. at least "jesus cable" alludes to his messiah complex.

SpunkySmurph
Originally posted by manorastroman
the only person bothered by the term is rewmac, and him only because he has this weird mistaken impression that godlike means beyonder level. personally, i prefer jesus cable, which predates god cable on this forum. at least "jesus cable" alludes to his messiah complex.

Yes, Rew is the one raising the most hell about the term

But, it is a rather misleading title, regardless. I've seen posts agreeing that 'Godlike' is only justified by him reffering to himself as god in a single panel against the Silver Surfer.

Rewmac
Against SS. But can you tell me then why is Cable Godlike?? He is only an uber powerful mutant. Which doesn't really go well with Godlike. Especially that he got seriously owned by Surfer...Hmmm...Fine by me use Godlike for him I don't really care anymore. But note this : Cable isn't Godlike. Maybe he had some goddish feats. But he isn't even an Omega Level mutant. Other than repeating it show proof that he is Godlike...Other than saying he is Godlike which comes from he said he made himself God. Which was said by lot of characters.

Black Adam
I've always just called him Jesus cable.

Rewmac
Simply call him TOAA Cable big grin big grin big grin big grin

Lucid Lui
Shaman X-Man...

Oh, wait...

Rewmac
shifty big grin

Disappear
remember the part where he didn't get a serious owning by norrin at all, just got hit once? after atomizing and rebuilding a naval fleet and australian landmarks, and destroying the "unbreakable" board?

Rewmac
Still. SS turned of his X-Gene. In power Cable was Godlike. But as a character her wasn't. He would been Godlike as a character SS woulnd't been able to turn off his X-Gene.

manjaro
cable has said that he uses 20% of his TK to keep his TO virus in check..he became "godlike" becuase he was cured of the virus and he had unfettered access to his powers, so much so that he was actually burning himself out, cuz he was performing at his uppermost limit..that's why he was scrambling to be this big savior b4 he "died".

when you think about all the things he was doing simultaneously all around the world, like mind tapping all the agencies that were plotting against him, keeping providence afloat, fighting the SS, and lending a portion of his power to instantly repair everything they were destroying..of course that strain would prove too much for him in the long run, then Deadpool had to use that thing on him to lobotmize him cuz he was burning out, which resulted in him losing his powers, so it wasnt SS that actually turned it off. the device removed a portion of his brain

Rewmac
As I said in power we can argue about this, but as character I mean the being, the mutant, Nathan. He isn't Godlike.

V for Valentine
The names fine, I like it actually. Its been around long enough now, just let it be smile

Rewmac
See?? That's why people can get wrong info shifty

V for Valentine
No, not really. Just because people name him "Godlike" Cable doesnt make them think he is on par with any abstract or cosmic which could be considered a god.

It's just a name.

Rewmac
Some people get that big grin

manorastroman
frankly, i've never seen somebody NOT get that.

manjaro
the term godlike was created for the purposes of KMC, as it referred to that instant when its the only time in comic history he has ever had access to his full powers, i dont think anyone confused cable with an actual god...so it's probably wise to just let it go, no?big grin

Rewmac
I already had this discussion with Soljer that my answer is yes. Coz I agreed him in the terms you just said.

darthgoober
If nothing else, why not just call him full power Cable?(Just a suggestion, I don't mind the name)

Rewmac
The name I don't mind Godlike. I just wanted to clear the meaning of it big grin

Disappear
if people were being "confused" by the label cable got, imagine how upside-down their world was turned when magneto told pyro he was a god among insects in x-2... whoo...

Rewmac
big grin big grin big grin big grin big grin

nimbus006
Full powered or Full Potential Cable sounds best.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.