Darth Maul runs the gaunlet!!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Martin
Has double-bladed lightsaber and rests between fights.

1. Obi Wan Kenobi(TPM)
2. Qui Gon Jinn
3. Obi Wan Kenobi and Anakin Skywalker(AotC)
4. Kit Fisto
5. Plo Koon
6. Obi Wan Kenobi(RotS)
7. Anakin(not thinking clearly like when fighting Obi Wan)
8. Count Dooku
9. Mace Windu
10. Darth Vader

Rampant ox
I think he will have trouble with 3. I dont see him getting past 6 or 7 and certainly not 8.

Mider999
i think he is stronger then obi wan even in phantom menace but he let obi wan get that one shot in instead of finishing him off right there and then, he played around to much, i think that if he had lived on he'd be pretty darn powerful, no darth tyrannus level but on obi wans level in ROTS.

Escape81
According to The Phanton Menace: the Visual Guide, and several other sources, Maul was actually one of the most skilled and most dangerous Sith apprentices in history.

I think a lot of people underestimate Maul because of the fight against Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan. He pretty much dominated the fight, and if you've read any of the novels and EU literature, it expands on Maul's arrogance. During fights, he has a habit of intentionally fighting on a lower standard - to gauge his opponent's strength and skill, and see if they will provide a challenge.

He did such things to prove that, even without going full out, he was capable of dominating most people.

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by Escape81
According to The Phanton Menace: the Visual Guide, and several other sources, Maul was actually one of the most skilled and most dangerous Sith apprentices in history.

I think a lot of people underestimate Maul because of the fight against Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan. He pretty much dominated the fight, and if you've read any of the novels and EU literature, it expands on Maul's arrogance. During fights, he has a habit of intentionally fighting on a lower standard - to gauge his opponent's strength and skill, and see if they will provide a challenge.

He did such things to prove that, even without going full out, he was capable of dominating most people.
Excellent Post! wink

I also have noticed that Maul is under-estimated by some people here.

I think that he is capable enough to reach the 8th spot at-least among the mentioned opponents above.

Now! if Dooku uses his greater mastery of force to his advantage against Maul in early stages of fight, then Maul is done with but if Dooku engages in Saber Combat against Maul then Maul has more chance to win and proceed to 9th spot as well.

At 9th spot, he will get a fight of his life though.

kamikz
Maul won't go beyond ROTS Obi-Wan.

Crado
I sah he gets to 6.

Council#13
Originally posted by kamikz

Prodigal Knight

Darth Martin
I think he can get past Kenobi. He takes on 2 jedi on at a time(Darth Maul: Shadow Hunter) and is still disapointed at the oppisition's lack of skill. In TPM he clearly dominated the fight and was killed in the lamest way in Hollywood history. So I always consider that he beat them. I'm sure if he lived on Sidious would have taught him more about the Force. He would have probably learned force lightning(assuming he hadn't learned it already). I think when it comes to the Count, Darth Maul is on another level as far as saber dueling goes. Mace and Vader would hand Maul his *** though.

kamikz
I don't see Maul breaking through Obi's defence by ROTS. Being able to parry Grievous "16 hits per second" is damn good, and seeing as Grievous with two arms could take 5 jedi at once (compared to Maul's 2), I'd say Obi-Wan has proved himself good enough to stalemate or win in a swordfight at least!

Darth Martin
I don't see Maul breaking through Obi's defence by ROTS. Being able to parry Grievous "16 hits per second" is damn good, and seeing as Grievous with two arms could take 5 jedi at once (compared to Maul's 2), I'd say Obi-Wan has proved himself good enough to stalemate or win in a swordfight at least! GG wasn't even 40% of what he was in Clone Wars. His limbs were being cut off in a matter of seconds in RotS. He was seriously weakened and depowered by the time of RotS(thanks to Mace Windu big grin).

Prodigal Knight
I still think Kenobi can kill CW Grievous.

kamikz
Proof of the "40%" thing.

It was IN the novelisation (which mean's his ROTS state) where he could cut that fast, so point moot. And that he was beaten so fast only speaks for Obi-Wan...

Darth Martin
I made up the 40% thing but seriously, think about it. GG was fighting 5 jedi w/ ease with only 2 lightsabers yet in RotS Kenobi beats him in a matter of seconds in a lightsaber duel before GG retreats.

kamikz
Yeah, he is weaker, however he could still hit damn fast, and he was still good!

Faunus
Originally posted by Darth Martin
I made up the 40% thing but seriously, think about it. GG was fighting 5 jedi w/ ease with only 2 lightsabers yet in RotS Kenobi beats him in a matter of seconds in a lightsaber duel before GG retreats.
Which again only speaks for Obi-Wan.

darthsith19
How much rest does he get? No rest = 3 maybe 4
Rull rest = 6

Darth Martin
He is fully healed between fights also.

braz
this is a cool gauntlet, especially because Mauls my favorite Sith stick out tongue, but nehoo i say he gets to the Count if Maul is really bloodlusted. like that one guy said, u cant underestimate his uncanny sword fighting abilities. hes easily one of the best swordsman of his time.

jollyjim311
Maul, on his best day could beat Obi Wan, if things played out for him (like terrain advantages and such). At his best and with some luck, he makes it to seven and is beaten. Normally, he goes down in six.

There is no way under any normal conditions he makes it past seven.

Crado
Now that's quite an assertion to make, care to back it up?

Darth Martin
Well, could Obi Wan(as good as he is) beat Qui Gon and his former self like Maul did. It's highly possible that if Maul lived on somehow to RotS he would be alot more powerful than Kenobi seeing how his master is Darth Sidious and he is a Dark Side practitioner.

Faunus
That's like trying to guage what full-potential Anakin would have been - impossible.

zephiel7

Davin Maul

Great post. I am one of the few (I believe) to give Maul the benefit of the doubt. He was arrogant in TPM. Just think what would have happened to the saga if he dislodged Obi...
Anyway, Maul could get to 6 without too much trouble, but he would have problems with Obi Rots and Count Dooku. I think he could whip Anakin (unfocused) because he doesn't want him to get focused.

I think he gets done in by Mace Windu. Windu would find a shatterpoint or even beat maul in saber combat-gasp- but if maul did beat Mace, he definityly goes down to Vader.

Rampant ox
He wont get past ROTS Obi-Wan, and if by some miracle he does, Dooku pwns him with martini in hand.

General Kenobl
He does not make it past 6. Kenobi's defense would break Maul's lightsaber in half and then Obi-Wan takes the road to victory from there.

Blaxican
Indeed. I don't see Maul getting past the Soresu Master, especially consiering that he got dropped on his arrse by a blood lusted TPM Kenobi. And I'm pretty sure that Rots Kenobi is stronger then TPM Blood lusted Kenobi.

kamhal
Has double-bladed lightsaber and rests between fights.

1. Obi Wan Kenobi(TPM)
2. Qui Gon Jinn
3. Obi Wan Kenobi and Anakin Skywalker(AotC)
4. Kit Fisto
5. Plo Koon
6. Obi Wan Kenobi(RotS)
7. Anakin(not thinking clearly like when fighting Obi Wan)
8. Count Dooku
9. Mace Windu
10. Darth Vader

Like most people, i agree that Maul would go until ROTS obi-wan. After that i doubt he could continue, but if he actually beat obi-wan, i am pretty much sure that anakin would take him down because even "no thinking clearly" aakin was still stronger then obi-wan. Also, maul's agressivity would probably turn on anakin's rage and when this happen, maul is sliced in 15 seconds...

darthpayne
I think Darth Maul would Get to ROTS obi-wan and put up a hell of a fight but lose

and in the darth maul journal if its canon didn't Maul fight Qui Gon and Obi Wan with a bad anckel and still dominate

Sexyback
I say he gets to 4.

Kadesh
he could stop at 3

S_W_LeGenD
He will reach 8th spot. Then Dooku will finish him off.

Though he will start having serious troubles from 6th spot.

General Kenobl
Really, I didn't know that...

Blaxican
I wouldn't say dominate, as he ended up getting cut in half.

Darth Martin
Maul clearly won the fight. I think he takes Anakin when it comes to lightsabre fighting. The only reason Kenobi tripped Maul up is cause he gave into the Dark Side. Sabre-wise if Anaakin could take Dooku Maul should too but Dooku would probably win w/ force powers.

Count Makashi
Maul clearly won the fight. I think he takes Anakin when it comes to lightsabre fighting. The only reason Kenobi tripped Maul up is cause he gave into the Dark Side. Sabre-wise if Anaakin could take Dooku Maul should too but Dooku would probably win w/ force powers.

Nope, Dooku is a better swordsman then Maul as is Anakin, by a huge margin.

vader11
He would stop at 6 imo.

Darth Martin
I believe Dooku>Anakin also when it comes to sabers.

Count Makashi

No, Anakin is better in swordplay. There are numerous sources, that back this up.

Darth Hord

Do you remember this because I posted in a previous thread yesterday or sunday. Pay close attention to detail.Anakin tooled Dooku in ROTS.

From the ROTS novel

Darth Martin
Yes but you can't possibly think that overall Anakin>Dooku especially in force mastery. Anakin could only contend w/ Kenobi's force push.

Darth Hord
Yes but you can't possibly think that overall Anakin>Dooku especially in force mastery. Anakin could only contend w/ Kenobi's force push.

Force mastery as of ROTS no, but saber skills Yes. Overall he is better look at the statement where it says he made dooku's force mastery useless.

Darth Martin
Uh, how did it make his force mastery useless. Dooku didn't perform any force moves on Anakin. The way I see it is that Anakin has extreme RAW power. He's also very young in his early twenties. Dooku's in his eighties. Anakin's Djem So utilizes strong battering attacks whereas Dooku's implies weak finesse strikes. Anakin's skill with a lightsaber doesn't>Dooku's, if this were true why coudn't he **** on Kenobi as well. I do believe however that Anakin using his Djem So>Dooku using his Makashi. Back to the Obi situation, I don't buy the fact that Anakin was all disoriented up in the head, forget if he wasn't focused. It seemed pretty even-matched to me, besides Anakin couldn't overpower Kenobi's force push that right there shows Dooku>Anakin Force wise. And Kenobi was the master of the one form that is all-defense. Perfect form for fighting Anakin. Mace with Vappad could screw him over if he was with Dark Side but that's another debate. Because Kenobi through a better fight w/ Anakin than Dooku does that make Obi better than Dooku NO! It shows that Kenobi had a good form to utilize aginst Anakin, and was in far better shape.

Darth Hord
Uh, how did it make his force mastery useless. Dooku didn't perform any force moves on Anakin. The way I see it is that Anakin has extreme RAW power. He's also very young in his early twenties. Dooku's in his eighties. Anakin's Djem So utilizes strong battering attacks whereas Dooku's implies weak finesse strikes. Anakin's skill with a lightsaber doesn't>Dooku's, if this were true why coudn't he **** on Kenobi as well. I do believe however that Anakin using his Djem So>Dooku using his Makashi. Back to the Obi situation, I don't buy the fact that Anakin was all disoriented up in the head, forget if he wasn't focused. It seemed pretty even-matched to me, besides Anakin couldn't overpower Kenobi's force push that right there shows Dooku>Anakin Force wise. And Kenobi was the master of the one form that is all-defense. Perfect form for fighting Anakin. Mace with Vappad could screw him over if he was with Dark Side but that's another debate. Because Kenobi through a better fight w/ Anakin than Dooku does that make Obi better than Dooku NO! It shows that Kenobi had a good form to utilize aginst Anakin, and was in far better shape.

That was what the statement said that Dooku's force master became a "joke" meaning that it would not help against Anakin. And Dooku is greater in the force than Anakin. And as far as the ob1-anakin duel you also have to take into account that they were like brothers and trained together so they would know knew each other inside and out.

And I never said that kenobi>dooku(i think the exact opposite in fact). But the circumstances such as obiwan's fighting style(as you said) is the best defense, and combined with what I said right above is why that particular duel happened the way it did.

EDIT: If you are aguring that Dooku is better saber wise than Anakin I would have to disagree based on what I posted and in the movie he straight forwardly beat Dooku.

Darth Martin
Yes but Anakin in "teh zone" wouldn't matter would it. No matter how well you know you opponet, you can't plan your opponets every move. You can't plan a fist fight, just as you can't plan for a Saber duel. Impossible!

Darth Hord
That is true but when you train with someone as long as they do you would know their strengths,weaknesses,fighting style and move tendencies. Those would certainly prolong the duel if not have a great effect on the outcome. I think the duel might have been different if they fought on flat surface.And if Anakin had the same mind set he had vs dooku i think he owuld have won.(see my below regarding his mind state) And I wouldn't say that was Anakin in "teh zone" His mind state was not really the same.(Im not making excuses for him being overconfident and losing)
This is his mind state vs dooku

Vs kenobi-it is much more emotional and personal given the history between them and the situation regarding padme. He seemed to be more consumed with revenge and the emotion such as hate and anger.

Man of Christ
he dies in challenge 3 because this is the same obi wan that killed him, just more powerful in the force and more focused as a deulist

Darth Martin
You think AOTC Kenobi will kill Darth Maul?

Darth Maul killed QGJ with little difficulty. And QGJ was more powerful and better with a lightsaber than AOTC Kenobi and Anakin.

kiddo44
#3.

kiddo44

AOTC Anakin, yes, ROTS Anakin, no, obviously.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.