San Antonio Spurs

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

aldisyoyo
Happy Dance THE SPURS ARE GONNA WIN AGAIN THIS YEAR AND NO ONE WILL STOP THEM anyone else think so? huhgun_bandana

aldisyoyo
WELL....UH....LOOKS LIKE CLOSIN TIME......

Lord Evolution
Teams that will stop the Spurs: Lakers, Rockets, Mavs, and no eastern teams.

Dr. Strangelove
Noob NBA fans must think the NBA thread is the plague...or they are really stupid.

Lord Evolution
LMAO I just noticed this thread was created on NOV. 18, so he came back just to say "WELL....UH....LOOKS LIKE CLOSIN TIME......" hahahahahaha....sorry.

RecSpecs110
Originally posted by Lord Evolution

Miami has a worse chance to stop the Spurs than the Lakers?

aldisyoyo
guess thats his opinion....

Lord Evolution
Originally posted by RecSpecs110
Miami has a worse chance to stop the Spurs than the Lakers?

Yup

your boy scooby
YOU KNOW WHAT THE SPURS ARE TRASH

RecSpecs110
Yup

How so?

aldisyoyo
Originally posted by your boy scooby
YOU KNOW WHAT THE SPURS ARE TRASH
no, yo moma's trash

Lord Evolution
How so?

Because the Lakers are top 3 in the West and the Heat are just a weak team.

RecSpecs110
Because the Lakers are top 3 in the West and the Heat are just a weak team.

Standings in the beginning of the season are one thing. The Utah Jazz are 1st in the West but they are in no shape of beating the Spurs in the playoffs. As much as I hate to admit it, Miami has a fair chance to repeat. The Lakers are an improved young team, but they need more firepower in order to outduel the Spurs.

Lord Evolution
Standings in the beginning of the season are one thing. The Utah Jazz are 1st in the West but they are in no shape of beating the Spurs in the playoffs. As much as I hate to admit it, Miami has a fair chance to repeat. The Lakers are an improved young team, but they need more firepower in order to outduel the Spurs.

This coming after Miami being blown out on opening day, Lakers 15-6, Wade out, Shaq is broken down yet they still have a fair chance to repeat...the only thing they have going for them is that they play in the Eastern conference. Lakers are better than the Heat on both sides of the ball.

We have firepower btw, even if it was just Kobe we would have enough firepower, but we have more, we have one of the best benches in the league. Our defense has stepped up, the triangle is looking pretty good, and we just beat the damn Spurs....

Myth
Wade out, Shaq is broken down

The Miami Heat team we are watching now will not be the same one we see come playoff time. Wade and Shaq will both be back.

aldisyoyo
miami better hope ur right, myth

Lord Evolution
Originally posted by Myth
The Miami Heat team we are watching now will not be the same one we see come playoff time. Wade and Shaq will both be back.

Not a healthy Shaq and who knows what Wade will be.

Myth
A non-healthy Shaq is better than no Shaq. And I don't see any reason to believe Wade won't be healthy.

Lord Evolution
A non-healthy Shaq is better than no Shaq. And I don't see any reason to believe Wade won't be healthy.

A non healthy Shaq means no championship, and even with him I doubt they would be better than the Spurs,Pistons,Lakers, Mavs and Rockets.

Myth
I'm not saying that Miami has the best chance (right now all the teams you listed look to have better chances), but that is not to say Miami has no chance. If they get to the finals, then Wade can go off just like he did against the Mavericks. Shaq was pretty much a non-factor then, so why couldn't they win when he isn't at full health this year?

Darth Martin
Miami has a worse chance to stop the Spurs than the Lakers? Well right now the Heat don't have DW#3 or SO#32.......and the Lakers beat the Spurs 4 nights ago.

dirkdirden
Suns will kill them this year.

Lord Evolution
Originally posted by Darth Martin
Well right now the Heat don't have DW#3 or SO#32.......and the Lakers beat the Spurs 4 nights ago.

He was trying to imply that the Heat are better than the Lakers which we know they arent.

Darth Martin
He was trying to imply that the Heat are better than the Lakers which we know they arent. smile Lakers are superior this year. Just wait till Christmas. big grin

RecSpecs110
The Lakers are a good team, but please, let's not let our favoritism and early season success get us carried away. The Nets have beaten the Spurs at home and on the road before and have gone on winning streaks as long as 14 games, but that doesn't automatically make them a true contender nor better than Miami. Shaq may be injured, but you can't exclude him from the picture. Yeah, the Heat are sucking, but isn't this similiar to what happened last year? They rested Shaq in the regular season and that only gave them motivation and energy to explode in the postseason, leading to the championship. I'm not saying that this will happen again, but as of now, they have proven themselves. The Lakers have yet to in the postseason.

The Heat are just not playing up to par, whether it's from being shorthanded, or just being lackadaisical, or a combination of both. But you can't just use their struggle to your advantage and say that Lakers are better, because 1) They have yet to play against each other, and 2) we have teams like the Jazz who have exploded in the beggining but know they are going to be thumped in the playoffs, assuming if they make it. So using the fact that the Lakers beat the Spurs doesn't mean much. 1) It was at home. 2) They beat them by only 6 or 7 points; it wasn't a blowout. 3) The Bobcats beat the Spurs on the road.

DanZeke25
Just because Wade is out for a couple games because his wisdom teeth are being removed, doesn't mean he won't be there come playoff time. He will be there, he will be 100%, and he will play great. Shaq, on the other hand, I don't know. IMO, I think he will be healthy. We'll just have to wait and see.

Also, basically the same thing happened last year with the Heat. They struggled, then Wade went CRAZY scoring the last 17 points for the Heat in the last 3 minutes against Detriot, including the game winner. That was the spark. After that they went on a tear, and it continued through the playoffs.

Lord Evolution
Originally posted by DanZeke25
Just because Wade is out for a couple games because his wisdom teeth are being removed, doesn't mean he won't be there come playoff time. He will be there, he will be 100%, and he will play great. Shaq, on the other hand, I don't know. IMO, I think he will be healthy. We'll just have to wait and see.

Also, basically the same thing happened last year with the Heat. They struggled, then Wade went CRAZY scoring the last 17 points for the Heat in the last 3 minutes against Detriot, including the game winner. That was the spark. After that they went on a tear, and it continued through the playoffs.

His wisdom teeth being removed will affect his game......j/k

But you see the Heat needed those points from Wade even with Shaq, do you actually think he can do that again? and consistently through the playoffs?

I don't know about that but for now you have to respect the teams that are doing good and not give the benefit of the doubt to a team that is 9-12.

Which are the Spurs,Lakers,Suns,Mavs,Jazz and Rockets. Then on the East you have teams like the Magic,Pistons, and Cavs who all have better records than the Heat and who you have to give respect to. Rather than just speculating on rather a team will be healthy enough to win a championship or not.

And at least let this team show some improvement first, they haven't looked good all season, even with Shaq and Wade in there.

But for now those teams I mentioned up post are all > than the Heat.

RecSpecs110
Those teams are playing better than the Heat now, but when the playoffs arrive, I think the Heat will have a better chance of stoping the Spurs than the Lakers.

Myth

My posts have been simply based on this comment. I'm not saying whether Heat or Lakers are better, I'm just saying that the Heat do have a chance of knocking the Spurs out as well.

Don't forget, we are talking playoffs, not regular season. So, Christmas won't show shit (especially since Heat are without Shaq and Lakers are without Odom).

He doesn't need to. He just needs to pick up the pace when he absolutely has to (like the Finals and maybe one other series in the east). Remember, east sucks so they just need to gel enough to get to the later rounds and then Wade will need to kick it in gear.

RecSpecs110
My posts have been simply based on this comment. I'm not saying whether Heat or Lakers are better, I'm just saying that the Heat do have a chance of knocking the Spurs out as well.

Which I think is a better chance than the lakers knocking out the Spurs. What I'm saying is that the Lakers can beat the Spurs here and there, but to eliminate them in a 7 game series? Honestly, let's not get carried away.

Lord Evolution
Which I think is a better chance than the lakers knocking out the Spurs. What I'm saying is that the Lakers can beat the Spurs here and there, but to eliminate them in a 7 game series? Honestly, let's not get carried away.

Lakers have a better chance to knock off the Spurs than the sorry ass Heat who can't get their act together.

My bet is that you don't even watch Laker games.

Myth
Miami matches up better with the Spurs though. Yeah the Heat don't have their act together now, but people said the same thing last year at this time. Shaq really holds the team together and he hasn't been able to do that of late. Come playoff time, the Heat will be much different from the Heat team you see now.

RecSpecs110
Lakers have a better chance to knock off the Spurs than the sorry ass Heat who can't get their act together.

My bet is that you don't even watch Laker games.

Why do I have to watch Laker games? So I can worship Kobe dribbling all over the place and getting 50 points every night? You think that because Kobe scores like this the Lakers are invincible. Not only will it be a lot harder to score against the Spurs' defense, it will be that much harder to contain the Spurs in the first place. The Heat (with Shaq and Wade) have a lot more weapons and can pretty much fire on all cylinders at any given time. Don't use the fact that their 2 stars are out to say that they can't get their act together. Just imagine if both Kobe and Lamar were out for LA. Yeah, not a pretty picture.

Anyhow, the Heat aren't playing well now. But with a coach like Riley and an overall veteran team, that's not going to continue for long, especially in the playoffs. All NBA teams have their losing streaks and winning streaks throughout the season. Just because Miami is on a losing streak and LA is on a winning streak in the beginning of the season doesn't mean that it will be that way forever. It only takes 1 win to shift momentum towards your favor or against it. The Heat have a better chance than the Lakers, because they are overall more experienced with each other and a more powerful team.

Lord Evolution
Miami matches up better with the Spurs though. Yeah the Heat don't have their act together now, but people said the same thing last year at this time. Shaq really holds the team together and he hasn't been able to do that of late. Come playoff time, the Heat will be much different from the Heat team you see now.

That is not true at all. Lakers definitely match up against the Spurs better than the Heat. Spurs have Duncan, but we have Kwame with his big body and who is very unimportant to our offensive game plan to match up against him. Kwame has the bigger body and you and Rec would know this if you was to watch the Lakers Spurs games you would see he does a pretty good job up against him. Where you would have Shaq probably never guarding Duncan but if he did he would get in foul trouble and their goes your offensive game plan. Then they wouldn't have anybody else to guard him, but we would have the 7'1 youngster Andrew Bynum.

The Spurs have team speed. The Heat are old and one of the slowest teams in the NBA. Whereas the Lakers have team speed, as a matter of fact we are faster than the Spurs.

We definitely have one of the best offenses in the league and the Spurs have one of the best defenses, but the Heat are at the bottom of the league in the scoring department and even last year I don't think they were exactly blowing teams away with their scoring.

So we match up against the Spurs a hell of a lot better than the Heat do, which is why if we played in the playoffs we would have more of a chance to eliminate the Spurs than the Heat even if they were all healthy.

Myth
That is not true at all. Lakers definitely match up against the Spurs better than the Heat. Spurs have Duncan, but we have Kwame with his big body and who is very unimportant to our offensive game plan to match up against him. Kwame has the bigger body and you and Rec would know this if you was to watch the Lakers Spurs games you would see he does a pretty good job up against him. Where you would have Shaq probably never guarding Duncan but if he did he would get in foul trouble and their goes your offensive game plan. Then they wouldn't have anybody else to guard him, but we would have the 7'1 youngster Andrew Bynum.

Actually, Haslim and Mourning would be on Duncan duty and they would do a hell of a better job than Kwame. Also, Kobe would guard Manu, but which Laker's will guard Parker? Smush?

Also, in a 7 game series, there is plenty of adaptation by the coaches. The deeper your team, the more options you have. Miami is simply deeper, which is much more valuable in the playoffs than in the regular season (just ask last years benchless Pistons).

Is comparing the Heat to their last year's team suppose to be a bad thing? And don't forget the old notion, "Defense wins championships."

Lord Evolution
Actually, Haslim and Mourning would be on Duncan duty and they would do a hell of a better job than Kwame. Also, Kobe would guard Manu, but which Laker's will guard Parker? Smush?

Also, in a 7 game series, there is plenty of adaptation by the coaches. The deeper your team, the more options you have. Miami is simply deeper, which is much more valuable in the playoffs than in the regular season (just ask last years benchless Pistons).

Is comparing the Heat to their last year's team suppose to be a bad thing? And don't forget the old notion, "Defense wins championships."

Miami is a deeper team than the Lakers? I'm sorry but you are wrong again, not only do we have one of the best benches in the league but we aren't old asses like the players from Miami.

And Haslim and Mourning do not do a better job against Duncan than Kwame does. I think you need to check your stats on that one, Kwame sucks ass but he does a great job on Duncan, once again if you would watch their games you would know.

Smush does a good job pressing Parker and then we have Sasha who is a hands on defender and we have Farmar. I'm not saying they can stop him but they keep him from going off and if he is the only one scoring then we win anyways because Kwame and Bynum have Duncan contained and the Spurs basically don't have a center.

We beat the Spurs already and are 16-7, there is no justifiable reason to put the Heat ahead of us. You are now starting to grasp for straws.

It is all about matchups and we just matchup against the Spurs better than the Heat do.

DanZeke25
Miami is a deeper team than the Lakers? I'm sorry but you are wrong again, not only do we have one of the best benches in the league but we aren't old asses like the players from Miami.

And Haslim and Mourning do not do a better job against Duncan than Kwame does. I think you need to check your stats on that one, Kwame sucks ass but he does a great job on Duncan, once again if you would watch their games you would know.

Smush does a good job pressing Parker and then we have Sasha who is a hands on defender and we have Farmar. I'm not saying they can stop him but they keep him from going off and if he is the only one scoring then we win anyways because Kwame and Bynum have Duncan contained and the Spurs basically don't have a center.

We beat the Spurs already and are 16-7, there is no justifiable reason to put the Heat ahead of us. You are now starting to grasp for straws.

It is all about matchups and we just matchup against the Spurs better than the Heat do.

Haslim and Mourning WOULD do a better job them Kwame. The end.

As for the benches, I'd take Mourning, Posey, and Payton over anybody who comes off your bench anyday. Payton and Williams would do a better defensive job on Parker then Smush would.

Lord Evolution
Originally posted by DanZeke25
Haslim and Mourning WOULD do a better job them Kwame. The end.

As for the benches, I'd take Mourning, Posey, and Payton over anybody who comes off your bench anyday. Payton and Williams would do a better defensive job on Parker then Smush would.

No actually Kwame has a bigger body than both of them and Duncan averages more against the Heat than he does against the Lakers.

wuTa
I heard someone say the Heat are deeper than the Spurs, I disagree, I think the Spurs and Mavs are the two deepest teams in the league. The Heat aren't playing there best right now, but its only the beginning of the season and they have been hampered by injuries, you cant tell which team is better than which at this point, espicially when were not even halfway through the season. But whens he's on, like he will be come playoff time nobody can guard Duncan, not Haslim or Mouring, and definetly not Kwame.

Lord Evolution
Originally posted by wuTa
I heard someone say the Heat are deeper than the Spurs, I disagree, I think the Spurs and Mavs are the two deepest teams in the league. The Heat aren't playing there best right now, but its only the beginning of the season and they have been hampered by injuries, you cant tell which team is better than which at this point, espicially when were not even halfway through the season. But whens he's on, like he will be come playoff time nobody can guard Duncan, not Haslim or Mouring, and definetly not Kwame.

Guarding Duncan is guarding Duncan, if you can do it in the regular season then I don't see why it would change in the playoffs. Kwame is probably one of the best Duncan defenders in the league. He uses his body it's not like come playoff time he will lose 100 pounds and no longer be able to guard him as good as he does.

RecSpecs110
No actually Kwame has a bigger body than both of them and Duncan averages more against the Heat than he does against the Lakers.

Evo, even if Duncan does average a few more points, that does not translate into more wins. The Heat have Shaq as one of the biggest threats, and teams almost always double him, leaving sharp shooters like Posey and Williams from the outside. Otherwise, Shaq gets an easy deuce. And then, we also have Wade and you should know what he can do. The Lakers don't have that firepower. They can't dominate on the offensive end without Kobe shooting the lights out. They have Lamar, but if Kobe lays an egg in the game, that's it, it's over. That's what we mean about depth. Most of the Heat bench players would start in other teams. Their depth carried them to the championship last year. Dallas is another example of a deep team. Having guys like Sasha, Bynum, and Walton does not count as being deep, because compared to Walker, Payton, and Mourning, they lack in not only the stats, but also the experience. 3 young guys vs. 3 experienced and high IQ players. That's the difference in depth.

Haslem and Mourning (minute per minute) average more blocks and rebounds than Kwame, and they are quicker. Therefore, they better suit defending Duncan.

DanZeke25
Guarding Duncan is guarding Duncan, if you can do it in the regular season then I don't see why it would change in the playoffs. Kwame is probably one of the best Duncan defenders in the league. He uses his body it's not like come playoff time he will lose 100 pounds and no longer be able to guard him as good as he does.

Because in the playoffs, star players step it up. Last year, the Nets shut down Wade a couple times in the regular season. Not the case in the playoffs.

RecSpecs110
Originally posted by wuTa

No, we're saying that the Heat are deeper than the Lakers, not the Spurs.

wuTa

Sure he is, Shaq in his prime couldn't stop Duncan in the playoffs, and your telling me Kwame can? Yea, regular season, and playoffs, not quite the same, Detroit dominated every time last year in the regular season, playoff time, not quite the same.

Lord Evolution
Evo, even if Duncan does average a few more points, that does not translate into more wins. The Heat have Shaq as one of the biggest threats, and teams almost always double him, leaving sharp shooters like Posey and Williams from the outside. Otherwise, Shaq gets an easy deuce. And then, we also have Wade and you should know what he can do. The Lakers don't have that firepower. They can't dominate on the offensive end without Kobe shooting the lights out. They have Lamar, but if Kobe lays an egg in the game, that's it, it's over. That's what we mean about depth. Most of the Heat bench players would start in other teams. Their depth carried them to the championship last year. Dallas is another example of a deep team. Having guys like Sasha, Bynum, and Walton does not count as being deep, because compared to Walker, Payton, and Mourning, they lack in not only the stats, but also the experience. 3 young guys vs. 3 experienced and high IQ players. That's the difference in depth.

Haslem and Mourning (minute per minute) average more blocks and rebounds than Kwame, and they are quicker. Therefore, they better suit defending Duncan.

Spurs have team speed which is something the Heat are lacking and the Lakers are not. = +1 Lakers. Just wanted to say that again.

Anyways you say that Haslem and Zo combined average more blocks and rebounds than Kwame, well that isn't against Duncan who we are talking about. I already know Kwame is a suck ass player, but if you compare Duncan's stats to when he plays the Lakers to when he plays the Heat you will see that he averages less in everything when he plays the Lakers. That is attributed to the fact that we have Kwame Browns body against Duncans body. And Shaq gets in foul trouble when he guards Duncan, which directly takes away the Heat's game plan when he is in foul trouble. If Kwame gets in foul trouble against Duncan, which he hardly does then we sit his ass down without having our entire game plan go to waste.

And you should know that we are 3-0 without Kobe this year, including a win against the Suns, so I seriously doubt we need him to shoot lights out on the offensive end to dominate a team.

Kobe and Lamar are not the only two players on this team. I will once again say that we have one of the best benches in the league and Luke Walton is a candidate for the most improved player of the year in the early going.

From your post about needing Kobe to shoot lights out and having no depth leads me to believe that you don't watch Laker games and you don't see all the other players contributing and the triangle looking really good, and Walker, Payton, and Mourning = old asses, once again the Spurs have team speed, these old players will not be able to keep up with them.

And it also looks like your not giving any respect to a team that is tops in the West, but you are saying a team that is 9-13 are headed to the championship.......

If they were so deep then how come they have a poor record without Shaq whereas we are 3-0 without Kobe. Where has that depth been all year long?

wuTa
No, we're saying that the Heat are deeper than the Lakers, not the Spurs.

I think the Heat and Lakers are the same, but the Heat's bench is full of veterans, while the Lakers have a ton of potential, the Lakers bench have yet to prove themselves in a playoff atmosphere.

RecSpecs110
And it also looks like your not giving any respect to a team that is tops in the West, but you are saying a team that is 9-13 are headed to the championship.......

If they were so deep then how come they have a poor record without Shaq whereas we are 3-0 without Kobe. Where has that depth been all year long?

Well that's not true, I already mentioned that I thought the Lakers were a talented team. I think they have great potential. Saying that I give them no respect is kind of harsh. Also, I didn't say the Heat are headed to the championship. I said that at a given moment in a pressure situation (like the playoffs), I think the Heat have a better chance than the Lakers at beating the Spurs, because they are overall a more powerful team. That's all.

The Lakers are 3-0 without Kobe, because so far during the season, they have been a spirited team with tons of confidence and momentum. You can see the effort when they play. The Heat on the other hand are lackadaisical, disorganized, and relaxed. Even with Shaq, they probably would have lost most of those games. See, the # of wins doesn't exactly reflect on the strength and makeup of a team. Once again, even though the Jazz have a better record than the Spurs so far, I still think the Spurs are a stronger team.

TaZ#12
I love the Lakers, but the Spurs are deeper built.

Lord Evolution
Originally posted by TaZ#12
I love the Lakers, but the Spurs are deeper built.

We were talking about the Heat...

And yes the Spurs do go deeper than the Lakers but the heat don't.

Darth Martin
Originally posted by aldisyoyo
Happy Dance THE SPURS ARE GONNA WIN AGAIN THIS YEAR AND NO ONE WILL STOP THEM anyone else think so? huhgun_bandana sick Suns will win this year.

RecSpecs110
sick Suns will win this year.

Not the Lakers?

Darth Martin
Not the Lakers? I wish they would but the Suns are really on a roll this year. But there's still hope for the lakers. I live in Ga and I jut bought tikets for the Lakers at Hawks on February 5. I can't wait!

TaZ#12
Hawks are a pretty big suprise this year. And how do you think that AI did in his debut? 22 pts and 10 ast. Pretty good, but he could have done better, it was the KINGS!

Lord Evolution
I wish they would but the Suns are really on a roll this year. But there's still hope for the lakers. I live in Ga and I jut bought tikets for the Lakers at Hawks on February 5. I can't wait!

Suns have beat on nobody teams on their streak while this season they have lost to the cream of the crop....Spurs, Lakers(w/o Kobe), Mavericks and the Jazz twice. They haven't really beaten anybody....

TaZ#12
True.

Darth Martin
Originally posted by TaZ#12
Hawks are a pretty big suprise this year. And how do you think that AI did in his debut? 22 pts and 10 ast. Pretty good, but he could have done better, it was the KINGS! Haven't checked it out yet. But's that' not a bad start for being on another team. Give him time, he'll produce........he always does.

RecSpecs110
I wish they would but the Suns are really on a roll this year. But there's still hope for the lakers. I live in Ga and I jut bought tikets for the Lakers at Hawks on February 5. I can't wait!

I was only joking around. It was more of a test to see how enthused you were about the Lakers. Anyway, do you have nice seats? I recently went to a Nets game (in which they were embarassed by the Mavs), and I literally got front row seats. It was awesome. Everyone looks so tall up close. I've visited Atlanta about a year ago, and I saw an outside view of Phillips Arena, but I couldn't get in.

TaZ#12
Haven't checked it out yet. But's that' not a bad start for being on another team. Give him time, he'll produce........he always does.

Yeah, but I think it could take about 5 games or so.

Darth Martin
They're not floor seats but they aren't nosebleeds either. They're decent in the middle I suppose. $300 for 5 tickets plus parking.

RecSpecs110
They're not floor seats but they aren't nosebleeds either. They're decent in the middle I suppose. $300 for 5 tickets plus parking.

Whoa, 5 tickets? I guess the whole family's going. $60 per ticket in Phillips Arena...that means that you have pretty good seats. Either the front of the upper level, or the back of the lower level.

Darth Martin
Ooops, my bad they were $213 as a whole including taxes and parking and all that good stuff. They were $35 individually so it shouldn't be too shabby.

aldisyoyo
i think its time 2 bring this baby back smile Happy Dance Happy Dance

Lord Evolution
Man why the ****!

The_Mayor
SPURS SUCK ASS!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.