Best Jedi Ever

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

aldisyoyo
starwarsIthink obi wan kenobi is the greatest jedi ever anyone agree/disagree with me?starwars

Rampant ox
Jedi Master Dooku is the best Jedi ever. no expression

From that list, definitely Qui-Gon. He was arguably the greatest master of the 'living force' and was the first person to become one with the force.

aldisyoyo
well yeah but obi-wan only died when he chose to fall

Tangible God
Best as in most powerful? I'd say LOTF Luke.

Best as in accomplished most? I'd say Luke.

Best as in the coolest? I'd say Obi-Wan.

aldisyoyo
best as in all around

Tangible God
That's too vague.

Council#13
As in overall, I'd have to say Obi-Wan Kenobi. He was a skilled fighter, an excellent pilot, one of the best diplomats, in tune with the Force, etc.

queeq
Must be Ob1 I think, he's the only Jedi who got through all of his fights without getting seriously hurt. that counts for something I guess.

Council#13
laughing out loud Except for his last one. wink

Crado
^WTF?
Yoda, quite easily.

1. He's the most powerful in the list; described as having a defence to almost every darkside technique, stated to be the most powerful jedi ever of his order, unmatched in the force and saber combat at his time, was so powerful that he was considered to possibly be the chosen one, stated to have legions of defeats over darksiders... And all this while remaining completely undedicated to personal power, and serving the jedi code as an ideal jedi.

2. He's the greatest on the list; was Grand Master of the Jedi Order during the Order's Golden Age, championed the prophecy of the chosen one, by TPM, had trained pretty much every single living jedi of the order in some way or another...

3. He's the coolest; Looks awesome, talks like a pimp, has the flashiest fighting style, is a phenomenon in pop culture, is completely badass in such an effortless way...

He is, without a doubt, the overall best on the list.

Council#13
He may have been one of the finest swordsmen in the Jedi Order's history and Force-User, but his diplomacy skills aren't as good as Obi-Wan's. For example, in ROTS, Obi-Wan manages to settle and argument between Mace and Yoda.

Also, we know nothing of Yoda's piloting skills.

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by Council#13
He gave up willingly in the last one. wink

Council#13
herbnowai

McCusto
Luke. But I accidently voted Obi-Wan, but whatever. Luke was strong in the force, a good saber fighter, an excellent pilot, and just... cool.

aldisyoyo
yeah but obi wans defensive skills are so great although i gotta give props 2 yoda to

aldisyoyo
Originally posted by Tangible God
That's too vague.
You know,really good at the art of the saber,smart,snappy catch prhase and wut notstarwars

Darth Subjekt
Yoda's left nut could pwn OB1. And what argument was Yoda and Mace having? i dont remember that at all.

aldisyoyo
Originally posted by Darth Subjekt
Yoda's left nut could pwn OB1. And what argument was Yoda and Mace having? i dont remember that at all.
they were fighting over the last burger

Tangible God
Originally posted by aldisyoyo
You know,really good at the art of the saber,smart,snappy catch prhase and wut notstarwars Oh, well than Obi-Wan.

S_W_LeGenD
herbnowai
It is true actually. stick out tongue

queeq

The last one? With Anakin??? He totally pwned Anakin... he cut a couple of limbs off...

Antaeus
Based on the 6 movies:

I do not know what you mean by "greatest", but it is definitely not "best in a fight" in my opinion (based on Obi Wan have the most votes).

From ep. 3 we know that Obi Wan had no chance against Sidious or Count Dooku (Sidious: Yoda said that - Dooku: we saw that in two fights)

Yoda is at least as good as Sidious and probably better than Dooku.

Anakin is better than Dooku.
It looks like Windu was better than Sidious, though it may have been acting from Sidious (personally I am not convinced - It looks like that if Anakin came just a few seconds later Windu would have killed Sidious)

The above convince me that Obi Wan is not even in top 3.

Obi Wan did win against Anakin, which was a big mistake from Lucas. At that time Anakin was lot more powerful compared to Obi Wan. The fight should have been before Anakin was powerful or something else should have happened to Ankakin. Personally I found the fight ridiculous and hate it - no logic in Obi Wan could beat Anakin.

Based on the movies Yoda is probably the best Jedi. Luke may also take the title. I vote for Luke, but is actually more for Yoda now. Luke has the potential for being the greatest, but he did not reach it in the movies, though he became powerful in the end of ep. 6.

aldisyoyo
Originally posted by Antaeus
Based on the 6 movies:

The above convince me that Obi Wan is not even in top 3.

\ [/QUOTE
the reason obiwan beat anakin was that obis defence was so good!

look,obi was better in the art of the saber,smarter,and stronger in the force then anakin.

aldisyoyo
Originally posted by queeq
The last one? With Anakin??? He totally pwned Anakin... he cut a couple of limbs off... \
no i think he was talkin about ben kenobi vs darth vader (the one that we are trying to convince council that obi gave up willingly)bash

Darth Subjekt

look,obi was better in the art of the saber,smarter,and stronger in the force then anakin.

better at sabers - no, Anakin's better, confirmed; smarter - at that time, yes; stronger - no.

aldisyoyo
ok,discussing the saber thing first off i admit anakin is better OFFENSEFLY(omg i need spelling lessons) but obi wan just owns on defensestarwars and wut do you mean he was smarte AT THAT TIME???????? he was always smarter throughout 1-6

Darth Subjekt
of course his defense was better, thats what his form was...but it doesn't matter, Anakin is better at sabers period...no grey area here.

smarter--you cant compare the two's intelligence as its never really semonstrated. But OB1 thought he could help Ventress, Anakin knew better, and if you want o bring up 4-6, i think it'd be safe to say Vader was EXTREMELY intelligent, and as i recall...HE LIVED. For me, I don't know, that counts for alot. Anakin was just just stupid during his his fight with OB1, and even thats not his fault due to lack of intelligence, he was in a ball of confusion and his mind was torn.

and you don't need spelling lessons...we have spell check.wink

aldisyoyo
yes but obi wan knew he couldnt kill vader cuz he knew it WASNT HIS DESTINY TO DESTROY THE EMPIRE...although technically it woudnt be destroying the empire since theres still the emperor

Darth Subjekt
The empire had nothing to do with it. It was never said that it was osmeone's destiny to destroy the empire.

aldisyoyo
SITH,EMPIRE WUTEVA WELL SINCE THE EMPEROR WAS A SITH LORD just replace in your head sith instead of empire

Tangible God
Anakin was powerful in the Force.

Obi-Wan was smarter than AOTC Anakin definetly, but ROTS Anakin? I'd say Anakin's as intelligent, just confused.

Anakin was better at sabers. The only reason he lost is because he got WAY too overconfident in his jumping abilities.

aldisyoyo
no way at all was as smart, compared to obi wan he had a third grade education!droolio

edit=comma and deleteing the "w"

Tangible God
Your grammer leaves a LOT to the imagination.

aldisyoyo
im srry i didnt pay attention to whether or not i put a comma there!!!bash

Tangible God
Or whether to put a W at the end of "no."

aldisyoyo
o...didnt see that...drool

Darth Martin
Mace is the coolest jedi by far but he may not be the perfect example of a jedi. Look at his inner darkness and Vapaad. He's always hot but is by far the most bad***. All round I would have to say either Luke or Obi Wan.

aldisyoyo
wow...i knew i was missing something

aldisyoyo
lets get queeq over here to make us laughhysterical

queeq
What is an Offense Fly?

JaehSkywalker
What is an Offense Fly?

hmm.. i think that's supposed to be offensively.. i just think...

queeq
Oh... I thought I missed out on another tucked-away SW creature. The Attack of the Offense Flies.... sounds good.

Council#13
Right... well, I'm going to go ahead and vote for Obi-Wan, even though Luke is there (assuming it's NJO Luke. Otherwise Obi-Wan definately comes first).

Ki-adi-mundi
YODA is the best jedi ever
1. he can delflect forde lighting, come on people cut him some slack at least for that man
2. he may be small but so what he jumps really good and he could chop someones leg off easily
3. hes just the best and dont argue with me
lol
vote YODA
then its obi-wan kenobi

Ki-adi-mundi
after voting YODA plz tell me how to get a pic
plz

queeq
Pic?

sithsaber408
Originally posted by Crado
^WTF?
Yoda, quite easily.

1. He's the most powerful in the list; described as having a defence to almost every darkside technique, stated to be the most powerful jedi ever of his order, unmatched in the force and saber combat at his time, was so powerful that he was considered to possibly be the chosen one, stated to have legions of defeats over darksiders... And all this while remaining completely undedicated to personal power, and serving the jedi code as an ideal jedi.

2. He's the greatest on the list; was Grand Master of the Jedi Order during the Order's Golden Age, championed the prophecy of the chosen one, by TPM, had trained pretty much every single living jedi of the order in some way or another...

3. He's the coolest; Looks awesome, talks like a pimp, has the flashiest fighting style, is a phenomenon in pop culture, is completely badass in such an effortless way...

He is, without a doubt, the overall best on the list.

Indeed.

Plus, he gets his own final revenge on the Sith many years later, by training Luke who turns Vader back.

He is wise, kind, funny, an awesome fighter, strong in the force to the point of lifting ships and colums and senate pods and deflecting/absorbing Sith lightning bare-handed, and whilst mistakes were made on his watch....

His side wins, through his final apprentice's actions.

He may have lost the battle, but he won the war.

Yoda WTFpwns.

cool

Antaeus
My opinion (their prime in any of the 6 movies (Anakin 3 movies):
1. Yoda
2. Luke
3. Anakin
4. Obi Wan

And Master Windu and Count Dooku is way better than Obi Wan too.
Obi Wan had absolutely no chance against Count Dooku in the two fights.
Anakin easily killed of Count Dooku in ep 3.

aldisyoyo
Originally posted by Antaeus
My opinion (their prime in any of the 6 movies (Anakin 3 movies):
1. Yoda
2. Luke
3. Anakin
4. Obi Wan

And Master Windu and Count Dooku is way better than Obi Wan too.
Obi Wan had absolutely no chance against Count Dooku in the two fights.
Anakin easily killed of Count Dooku in ep 3.

my version of that:
1. Obi Wan
2. Yoda
3. Anakin
4. Luke

starwars

aldisyoyo
Pic?
he means sigbangin

aldisyoyo
so anyways lets try and get alliance over here to add his opinion and some color comedy HEY QUEEQ!!!! get alliance over here!!!!

queeq
I don't know where he is. Maybe I drove him off..

JaehSkywalker
messed

1. Yoda.
2. Obi-Wan
3. Luke (but... obi and yoda could change places, depending on the era... or whatever you call that...)

Antaeus
It is strange that peoples opinion can be so different judged from exactly the same movies. But this is fine - exactly as all other things in life.

But I do suppose that nobody think that Obi Wan is better than Dooku (from the movies) - if YES I do not understand at all - that need a very good explanation - please explain.... He was been beaten up easily by Dooku twice.

queeq
Dooku should not be considered a Jedi... he was Sith.

S_W_LeGenD
Dooku should not be considered a Jedi... he was Sith.
But he was Jedi first. And he was the one who trained Qui-Gon in Jedi Arts.

queeq
No.. he was Jedi once... Now he uses Dark Side, not part of the poll I think.

Antaeus
Dooku is not part of the poll, but he is much better than Obi Wan and Yoda is at least as good as Dooku and in my opinion better (judged from the movies - especially ep 2).

Yoda also told Obi Wan that he can have no chance against Sidious - Yoda was at least as good as Sidious and maybe better - it seems that Yoda was "two horsehair's" better (ep 3).

Obi Wan would have no chance against Yoda in a fight.

PS. Anakin killed Dooku easily - I think it was a big mistake that Obi Wan could beat up Anakin at this point in the movie - it should have been earlier when Anakin was less powerful or it should have been another way.

queeq
Hmmm..

General G
Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
But he was Jedi first. And he was the one who trained Qui-Gon in Jedi Arts.

Wasn't it Qui-Gon who trained Dooku and that was part of the reason he left the order was because his master had died?

sithsaber408
"You forget, that he was once my apprentice, just as you were once his."

Dooku, to Obi-wan, speaking about Qui-gon in AOTC.

wink

General G
Alright, my bad. Thanks smile

jrodslam
Yoda.

aldisyoyo
maybe if we act like monkeys alliance will come!!!

aldisyoyo
ooh ooh aah aah

JaehSkywalker
wHere is he anyway?

aldisyoyo
we think queeq drove him offdrunk

((The_Anomaly))
In movies its gotta be Yoda. Outside of movies its Luke, hands down. Overall its Luke.

aldisyoyo
peeshaw obi wan episode 3 would OWN...LET ME SAY AGAIN OWN LUKE!!!! NOT EVEN CLOSE!!! IT WOULD TAKE LIKE 3 SECONDS AND BEFORE U KNOW IT LUKES BUTT IS MISSING!!!starwars

aldisyoyo
luke will be very sad without his butt...

JaehSkywalker
ouch. his hand cut off must've hurt... what about his butt? Ouch.

queeq drove him off?

poor Alliance... messed

aldisyoyo
tear...so sad jk

queeq
He's just on an errand, but it makes me look like a bad-ass if people believe I drove him off. evil face

aldisyoyo
okay...well u did say and i quote "i don't know where alliance is, maybe i drove him off" end quote maybe it was a little different but who cares ninja pirate rock santa

aldisyoyo
pirate rock raver santa zorro
their a band laughing out loud

queeq
okay...well u did say and i quote "i don't know where alliance is, maybe i drove him off" end quote maybe it was a little different but who cares ninja pirate rock santa

Then why do you go on about it?

aldisyoyo
i dont know its my job

queeq
You have a job?

aldisyoyo

LÉONpro2007
OBI-WAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MY LOVE!

queeq
he is?

aldisyoyo
i dont know hut in one of her posts on a different thread it said something about a guy named ewan so...maybe...oh and ewans uncle was in sw episode 4

queeq
Old news... the guy who played Wedge Antilles, so also in Ep5 and 6.

aldisyoyo
Alec Guiness rules!

queeq
Why?

aldisyoyo
cuz hes ALEC GUINESS!!!!!

JaehSkywalker

aldisyoyo
better tell ewan 2 look out

JaehSkywalker
i'm more interested in obi-wanhimself not ewan... stick out tongue laughing out loud

aldisyoyo
i see....

JaehSkywalker
*shrugs*

aldisyoyo
dang that was the BEST pumkin pie eva!

JaehSkywalker
something random?

queeq
Originally posted by JaehSkywalker
i'm more interested in obi-wanhimself not ewan... stick out tongue laughing out loud

You still have to use ewan's body though...

JaehSkywalker
You still have to use ewan's body though...

good point...

oh well.. Ewan's hot anyway..

queeq
HAve fun then. Hope he likes it too.

aldisyoyo
animals_bunny2

aldisyoyo
yes...have fun

aldisyoyo
laughing out loud no one has voted for ki adi....cant say im not suprised

aldisyoyo
afro

JaehSkywalker
^ only person who posts oh-so-frequently here... in this thread... stick out tonguestick out tongue

aldisyoyo
just tryin 2 keep it aliveband

JaehSkywalker
obviously... still waiting for alliance?

aldisyoyo
i think he probably died...

queeq
Alliance.. aldisyoyo.... sock time...

aldisyoyo
woooooooooooooooooo time 2 get into those jordans!

queeq
No thanks.

aldisyoyo
but...im a sock...

queeq
I know.

aldisyoyo
thats what socks do....

queeq
We don't need to know everything though...

MEDVOCK
OMG! KIT FISTO IS NOT ON THE LIST!!!! WHAT THE HELL IS THIS???

queeq
What? Fisto??? Didn't you see how easily Palpy killed him?

Tangible God
Originally posted by MEDVOCK
OMG! KIT FISTO IS NOT ON THE LIST!!!! WHAT THE HELL IS THIS??? This my good lad, is a list of possible candidates for BEST Jedi, not shitty Jedi who died in 5 seconds though he plenty of warning to back into the hallway.

aldisyoyo
hmmm lets see...kit fisto vs obi wan....thats a toughydroolio no contest

Darth Subjekt
but he's green with big sexy eyes, and long, thick tenticles...ohhh...he needs to be on the list.

by the way....no no expression

MEDVOCK

aldisyoyo
well at least aayla secura was on bf2

aldisyoyo
and so was ki-adi

MEDVOCK
What? Fisto??? Didn't you see how easily Palpy killed him?

Eh. I'm sick of hearing this lame excuse as to why Kit sucks. Watch the movie again: Not only was he moving the FASTEST of ALL the characters in that scene, but he also performed a seemingly impossible spin that caused him to move almost a meter to the left. When he was killed (whether or not he WAS killed is still in question), he had his arms in the air, and had JUST completed his spin. He was in NO position to defend himself.

well at least aayla secura was on bf2

YOU IMBECILE! KIT FISTO IS IN BATTLEFRONT II! In fact, because he is so special a character, they made it so that you have to BUY him as part of the exclusive Xbox Live expansion pack for the Xbox version of the game. If you don't believe me go to my site: there's a video in the Battlefront II section featuring him in the game.

hmmm lets see...kit fisto vs obi wan....thats a toughy no contest

Kit Fisto is better than Obi-Wan in the Cestus Deception (Obi even states it himself), giving us reason to believe Kit > Obi prior to ROTS (where people believe Obi surpassed Kit).

steverules
....Kit Fisto is in BF 2...wow I never knew this. Is he any good on there?

Rogue Jedi
starwarsIthink obi wan kenobi is the greatest jedi ever anyone agree/disagree with me?starwars
no mace windu?

MEDVOCK
Originally posted by steverules
....Kit Fisto is in BF 2...wow I never knew this. Is he any good on there?

Very good. Although he can be a bit hard to get used to -- his general saber-slashing combo consists of one slash that causes him to leap forward for some reason (which can get frustrating when you're near a cliff). He also has the same force power he used against the Quarren Crab Cannon in the Clone Wars -- Force Water Orb. Although it is not as powerful as the one featured in the cartoon, I'm pretty sure it's an instant kill.

Anyway, if you wanna see what he's like in the game, just head on over to my site and check out the video featured in the "BFII Kit Fisto" section.

steverules
Ok sure, kool. I take it you played as him then.

Hewkii_Dude
I think yoda. Because he is strongest in the force, and that is the most important thing for a jedi... smile

queeq
No Fisto in the PC BF2... sad

steverules
nor on psp sad

Tangible God

aldisyoyo
i agreenewyear

aldisyoyo
but the kit fisto vid is pretty cool

MEDVOCK
Originally posted by Tangible God
I seem to think he's not as good as people make him out to be. The battle in the office demonstrates this.

Sure, he's not as powerful as Sidious, but he was the only Jedi there besides Mace who managed to put up some kind of a fight against the Sith Lord. And Kit Fisto is JUST as good as people make him out to be. Read Cestus Deception.
People seem to have a nasty habit of thinking Kit as weak just because he was defeated quickly by Sidious. If you've read any of the novels or comics he's appeared in, you'd know he's actually a very powerful Jedi Master.

Rogue Jedi
mace windu. he bested palpantine in a duel. if he had reacted faster and dodged anakins attack, he would have bested anakin also.

Tangible God
Originally posted by MEDVOCK
Sure, he's not as powerful as Sidious, but he was the only Jedi there besides Mace who managed to put up some kind of a fight against the Sith Lord. And Kit Fisto is JUST as good as people make him out to be. Read Cestus Deception.
People seem to have a nasty habit of thinking Kit as weak just because he was defeated quickly by Sidious. If you've read any of the novels or comics he's appeared in, you'd know he's actually a very powerful Jedi Master. People say Plo koon was super awesome too, and... well look what happened to him. Moive-wise, Kit was nothing.

queeq
I agree...

The Planet
Didn't it ever occur to you that Sidious may just be that good?

aldisyoyo
he is good but like tangible said, movie wise hes nothing

aldisyoyo
wait! someone voted aayla secura?

JaehSkywalker
they voted for her coz she's hot. -_-'

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by The Planet
Didn't it ever occur to you that Sidious may just be that good?
not to mace windu he wasnt. mace had him beat.

The Planet
Well Mace is damn good too, plus there's the whole obvious truth that Sidious held back in their fight.

queeq
IS there? What proof is that?

The Planet
Not so much proof, more just logical deduction. Palpatine had for a while been placing mistrust in the jedi in Anakin's heart, having Mace standing over Palpatine with a lightsaber to his throat pretty much confirmed the lies that Palpatine had been feeding Anakin. There's also the fact that Palpatine clearly had a chance to finish Mace of early (his lightsaber stretched out against Mace's chest), and he didn't take it.

EPIIIBITES
What about Jedi Master Dick?

queeq
Not so much proof, more just logical deduction. Palpatine had for a while been placing mistrust in the jedi in Anakin's heart, having Mace standing over Palpatine with a lightsaber to his throat pretty much confirmed the lies that Palpatine had been feeding Anakin. There's also the fact that Palpatine clearly had a chance to finish Mace of early (his lightsaber stretched out against Mace's chest), and he didn't take it.

That's circumstantial evidence... that could be reasoned every which way.

The Planet
However that's the most logical reasoning.

aldisyoyo
bandband

aldisyoyo
i agree

Ki-adi-mundi
yes a pic as in 1 that comes up at the side
YODA is the best still-obivously!

aldisyoyo
although i do think yoda is like the 2nd best, all he does is say hmmmmmm and jump around

queeq

From your point of view. There is very little solid evidence there. IN fact, there is none... Not from teh movie, or from the novel. No special look, a thought in the novel. So if nothing can be taken as a solid hint, it is pure speculation. You may be right, but there's no way to determine that by canon sources. Maybe Lucas will enlighten us one day.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>