Entity's Characters!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Entity
I am opening this thread because I have several Ideas for characters that I would love to write about but, I realise the odds of me ever getting into the comic industry are completely improbably if not next to impossible. Even if I wasn't to lazy to get off my butt and actually do the work to get the attention of a publisher. I also would like to state that all of the characters I post on here are not copied or riped off from any other characters that I am aware of. At least not consciencely.

So please check my characters out and just let me know what you all think of them and feel free to give me some suggestions on improvements. If any of you actually think you can take the characters I come up with and make something of them then their yours. All I would appreciate in return is a mention of my name in creation. Thats it, nothing more, I can think of nothing that would make me happier than to see a character I created in a comic or other form of media.

Entity
My first character is named Collective!

Collective is a normal human until he awakes one morning with the combined memories, knowledge, and skills of all the people on Earth! He only has their mentality not any more physical abilities that he had before. His mind is now 50% of his former self conscience with the other 50% being the collective of all humanity's minds.

There is no explanition for how this occurred. He simply awoke one morning and found that he had the knowledge of the world and is left with no idea as to how he has gained it or what he is suppose to do with it. Thou with all this new knowledge he almost immediately realises that he has to use it to better the world. A world MUCH more horrible than anyone has ever dared to realise!

grey fox
Originally posted by Entity
My first character is named Collective!

Collective is a normal human until he awakes one morning with the combined memories, knowledge, and skills of all the people on Earth! He only has their mentality not any more physical abilities that he had before. His mind is now 50% of his former self conscience with the other 50% being the collective of all humanity's minds.

There is no explanition for how this occurred. He simply awoke one morning and found that he had the knowledge of the world and is left with no idea as to how he has gained it or what he is suppose to do with it. Thou with all this new knowledge he almost immediately realises that he has to use it to better the world. A world MUCH more horrible than anyone has ever dared to realise!

You realise that he would more then likely end up burnt out within a week or two. The conflicting personalities , ideals ect. It would ether lead to a complete mental shut down or Schizophrenia/MPD

Scoobless
Maybe you should skip the part where he has everyone else's minds inside his head and just leave it at the knowledge...... though that much info make make his brain shut down anyway (like what happened to O'Neill in Stargate SG1 when the library of the Ancients was downloaded into his brain.)

smile

Entity
But, you see those are parts of what makes the character interesting. The constint concflicting personalities, which are grounded by hisown personality equaling the collective of all the others. So, even thou he has his personality in equal preportion to all the others, he still has to will himself to maintain some level of sanity. Where as most people have it with little effort. Another thing I like about him is the fact that this has just happened with no explanation and with all the knowledge he has he still cannot figure out how he has gained it. Yet, somehow he does and it just seems to work. It's as if some higher power just gave him this ability with no apperent reason.

So, how formitable would a character with no "powers" be if they did have the knowledge of the world. This guy can't fly, he's not faster, stronger, tougher, or even smarter than the average joe. That is, not smarter until this happens.

Scoobless
having between 6-7 billion voices in your head would just turn into white noise anyway.... there's no way anyone of them would be able to get a full sentence through to this guy in the first place.

As for the knowledge part... kinda reminds me of that TV show "John Doe"

http://www.tvguide.com/tvshows/john-doe/100233

smile

darthgoober
This guy sounds kinda like the Gamemaster. He's an omnipath, who is continuously hearing the thoughts of everyone on the planet(he can't control it or shut it off).

Entity
John Doe? I never got around to watching it but, wasn't that the previews showed he only saw black and white unless it had something to do with his past?

Scoobless
Yeah, he saw in black and white.... except for one episode where he lost all the knowledge briefly and his colour vision came back.... until the knowledge came back and he was back to B & W again.

Entity
Yea I think I would agree to go color blind for all the knowledge in the world. lol
Wouldn't you?

DigiMark007
erm

This is like the 3rd character-thread recently about writing and such.

We may need to kick everyone into the fiction or role-playing forums, or make a thread for it.

bigbran
Originally posted by DigiMark007
erm

We may need to kick everyone into the fiction or role-playing forums, or make a thread for it. Or just make one big thread about peoples characters.

Entity
Originally posted by bigbran
Or just make one big thread about peoples characters.

Thats fine with me. Cause I've got several like 15. I just want to get everyones input on one before I post another. So just let me know if I really need to post elsewhere?

Entity
G.E.N.E.S.I.S.

Project G.E.N.E.S.I.S. was created to try and produce the most advanced human possible. The project was named for its attempt to create a Genetically Engineered Newly Enhanced Super Intelligent Solider. The project tested candidates from all through out the United States military also including all know government and Internet files on all athletes. As they started the chose the most gifted individual from all the categories important to their research. These areas included, strength, intelligence, speed, reflexes, stamina, agility, personal health history. When they finally finished their study they believed they had several viable candidates but all were to equally balanced to chose one particular. To solve this problem the team narrowed it down to the 13 most loyal to the project and simply randomly chose a sample to clone for their baseline D.N.A..

After the cloning process was finished they started to manipulate the genetic strucher of the D.N.A. sequence enhancing the strength proteins as well as immunities and accelerated brain functions. Giving the subject all the advantages know to the human species. Soon they had came as close to perfection as they all believed they could. Next was the nurturing of the subject.

He was raised from his very birth by using all the knowledge available to the world about proper health, mental development and skills of infants all the way onto his early twenties. He was even given the exact proper nutrients his body needed at all times. Along with this he was taught almost every free minute of his life with the only exceptions being when he was either sleeping, eating, exercising, training, or being studied.

His results going into his adolescence were astonishing. He had the perfect immune system. He was tested to have an I.Q. of what they could only guess was near 500. He could run at an incredible 29mph when he was only 15 years old. He had surpassed all their known knowledge of previous human ability. The only thing keeping him their lab rat was the fact the facility they were keeping him in made Alcatraz look like a rope tide in a couple of knots, and the chief scientist on the project was his only friend and basically his father. Not long after his 22 birthday the chief scientist on the project experienced great personal loss in his home life making him reconsider all that he had done in his life. Among the greater regret he began to have was the confinement of GENESIS's whole life. So he decided to tell him the truth.

After the scientist regained himself enough that his superiors believed he was in fit conditions to return to work he saw the project and told him everything. Immediately the scientist was removed form the project and GENESIS was never told what happened to him. Only 8 days after the scientist leaving GENESIS disappeared...

Mindship
Entity
--Regarding Collective: I think it's an idea with a lot of story potential, but I don't see him as a "comic book superhero," per se...and That is Not necessarily a bad thing. Short-story format may be better.
--Regarding GENESIS: This is more standard superhero fare, and gene-engineering specifically has become rather familiar. Nonetheless: the name of the game is good characterization and good writing. These two elements will almost always trump "been there, done that."

Originally posted by DigiMark007
erm
We may need to kick everyone into the fiction or role-playing forums, or make a thread for it.
Personally, I like reading about other people's ideas, but unfortunately, the threads invariably get invaded by those who just wanna make fun.

Entity
Originally posted by Mindship
Entity
--Regarding Collective: I think it's an idea with a lot of story potential, but I don't see him as a "comic book superhero," per se...and That is Not necessarily a bad thing. Short-story format may be better.
--Regarding GENESIS: This is more standard superhero fare, and gene-engineering specifically has become rather familiar. Nonetheless: the name of the game is good characterization and good writing. These two elements will almost always trump "been there, done that."

Personally, I like reading about other people's ideas, but unfortunately, the threads invariably get invaded by those who just wanna make fun.

Thanks allot man I really appreciate getting genuine and honest responses like this and am greatly thankfull you didn't just stop in to mock my characters. Any kind of input in appreciated but this is the genuine that I really like to hear.

Scoobless
Not mocking ... but GENESIS sounds incredibly similar to Arnold Schwarzenegger's character in "Twins"

smile

Entity
Originally posted by Scoobless
Not mocking ... but GENESIS sounds incredibly similar to Arnold Schwarzenegger's character in "Twins"

smile

Well you hit the nail on the head!
He was kinda a combination of him + Dark Angel + the Pretender.
Arnold's character was the one part I figured no one would catch.
And I know no one will believe this but I actually came up with this idea right before Dark Angel ever came out.

Entity
Ryan Cole

What if the second comming and the antichrist weren't two seperate people but two seperate possibilities for the destinity of one human soul. What if the end of the world wasn't already predestined but, rather left to chance with one and only one human soul. What if god granted a child with all his power just as he had given it to Jesus two thousand years ago? What if just one man would carry the fate of all existence in the very choices he makes in his life?

Ryan Cole never knew his parents, he was found by police in a back alley garbage can behind a convince store. They were never able to find his birth parents. He grew up very alone with no one close to him. He has always had a harsh life and has been very alone with out the love of anyone close to him. Not long after his 23 birthday he discovered that he had the ability to do anything, literally anything! Soon he was confronted by Nicolas an angel that chose to fall from grace to help humanity. Nicolas had know about Ryan and his coming since the death of Christ. Nicolas is actually the first person to ever really get close to Ryan and let him know he can count on him.

Also Rita had came to Ryan and tried to guide him on his path. Of course Rita doesn't share Nicolas's motives and is constantly doing everything in her power to temp Ryan into using his power towards his own corruption. Where as Nicolas constantly trys to swede Ryan away from using his power at all until the end has come and then only for good. The stress of all this power and temptation is the greatest any man has ever felt since Jesus himself. Add that to the fact that Ryan never had the loving mother or father figure in his life or even any people to become close to him before this.

To top it all off Ryan soon discovers through Nicolas that Rita was actually Nicolas's angelic soul mate before the war in heaven when they chose opposing sides. Now it is not only Ryan that is being tempted but, Nicolas as well by his past love. Knowing that Nicolas fell from grace purposely because he felt God was unjustly allowing innocents to suffer and refusing to help the world, Rita constantly trys to convince Nicolas to join her and fall even farther from grace. Wither it be willingly or by temptation or trickery. Rita will do whatever it takes to bring her soul mate to hell with her but, the only thing more important to her is the corruption of Ryan Cole's soul to ensure the Hell's victory in the final battle.

Spideys Sister
Originally posted by bigbran
Or just make one big thread about peoples characters. We did that already. It died out real quick.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.