How Atheists raise their children...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

lord xyz
If you guys think Atheism is a religion, or like a religion, then how about this. Now this thread is actually targeted at Atheists for only they can answer the questions, but others are allowed to comment.

Now, for you atheists, how would you raise your children? Would you say to them "This is God, this is what some people believe about him/her, but God (most likely) doesn't exist." Now to me that sounds like Agnosticism. Because they're mentioning God to the child as if it's a possibility. Would an Atheist instead however, not even mention or talk about God to their child unless the child asks? I think so, that's what I would do.

So what I'm trying to say is, do Atheists not teach their children about God, or teach their children not to believe in God?

lil bitchiness
Which child would most deffinitively do, and that is ask.

So what then?

lord xyz
Originally posted by lil bitchiness
Which child would most deffinitively do, and that is ask.

So what then? If the child asks then "This is God, this is what some people believe about him/her." I guess. But I would ask why they ask first.

lil bitchiness
And if the child says he/she has heard people talk about God, pray to god...etc.

lord xyz
And if the child says he/she has heard people talk about God, pray to god...etc. Then I would explain why they pray to God, talk to God and what God is.

lil bitchiness
thumb up

Bardock42
I'd say we don't have the right to make decisions for our children., And we should condition them as little as possible. I think honest answers to questions are the best.

lord xyz
The point of this thread was to raise the question if Atheists really have made Atheism their religion in that they preach it to their children and try to convert people to that religion.

Storm
Children have to be taught to believe in gods and to adopt certain religious systems. If you don' t tell them that they should believe those things, then you are simply maintaining the status quo.

I believe parents should strive to teach about as many religions as possible rather than stick just to the dominant religion in their culture. All of these beliefs should be explained side-by-side. As long as you as a parent don' t privilege any religion over another, then your children shouldn' t either. As adults, they will choose their own religious identity and path.

Children should be as fair and objective as possible be educated about religion. If they are unfamiliar with religious belief systems, then they will be an easy target for evangelists for just about any faith. If children are ignorant with certain concepts then they will simply lack the intellectual tools necessary to fully understand and evaluate what they are hearing, thus making it more likely that they adopt a very bizarre and/or extreme religion.

Mindship
Originally posted by lord xyz
The point of this thread was to raise the question if Atheists really have made Atheism their religion in that they preach it to their children and try to convert people to that religion.

My experience with Atheists has shown me this: Since there is no Formal Doctrine or Atheistic Faith/School, Atheists are as diverse a group of people as one could imagine. Though there are two main reasons Atheist's give for not believing in God (1-no proof, 2-why so much pain in the world?), how they convey this to their kids is broad-ranged. Some make it a priority: Thou shall teach thy child: Believe Not in God. Others--seems like most--deal with it in a more casual manner, eg, bringing it up lightly (like during holidays) or letting their children ask questions.

ThePittman

lil bitchiness
Originally posted by Storm
Children have to be taught to believe in gods and to adopt certain religious systems. If you don' t tell them that they should believe those things, then you are simply maintaining the status quo.

I believe parents should strive to teach about as many religions as possible rather than stick just to the dominant religion in their culture. All of these beliefs should be explained side-by-side. As long as you as a parent don' t privilege any religion over another, then your children shouldn' t either. As adults, they will choose their own religious identity and path.

Children should be as fair and objective as possible be educated about religion. If they are unfamiliar with religious belief systems, then they will be an easy target for evangelists for just about any faith. If children are ignorant with certain concepts then they will simply lack the intellectual tools necessary to fully understand and evaluate what they are hearing, thus making it more likely that they adopt a very bizarre and/or extreme religion.

I complitely agree with this.

lord xyz

Lord Urizen
See the thing is that Atheist parents don't necessarily raise their children "as Atheists" per se.

Parents who do not teach religion to thier children do not automatically enforce Atheism either. That is a black and white way of thinking and defining parenting in regard to Theism.

To raise children as Atheists is to convince them that God does not exist, OR to intentionally keep them away from religion in general.

A parent who does niether....who allows his or her child to beleive whatever he or she wants in regard to religion, is not raising thier child as a Theist OR Atheist.

What I don't get XYZ, is why is has to be ONE WAY OR THE OTHER for you ? Do you really see it that black and white ?

Lord Urizen
The way I see it, you have to first be Theist to be Agnostic.

No you don't.

You just have to be exposed to the concept of God.

lord xyz
Originally posted by Lord Urizen
See the thing is that Atheist parents don't necessarily raise their children "as Atheists" per se. explain.
Parents who do not teach religion to thier children do not automatically enforce Atheism either. That is a black and white way of thinking and defining parenting in regard to Theism. explain. *cough*their*cough*
To raise children as Atheists is to convince them that God does not exist, OR to intentionally keep them away from religion in general. For that to happen they must first be convinced God does exist. How the **** can you teach someone something isn't true without teaching them what it is? And it's kinda weird how to teach it.

"This is God, blah blah blah."
"I see."
"He doesn't exist though."
"What?!?"

You don't understand how Atheism works do you?
A parent who does neither....who allows his or her child to believe whatever he or she wants in regard to religion, is not raising thier child as a Theist OR Atheist. I've already proven to you that someone who knows not of god is atheist.
What I don't get XYZ, is why is has to be ONE WAY OR THE OTHER for you ? Do you really see it that black and white ? I don't understand what you mean by "Black and White".
No you don't.

You just have to be exposed to the concept of God. If someone explains to you what something is, you'll first believe it to be true, unless it's taught as fiction, which would be a biased explanation would it not?

Strangelove
When I have children, I'm not going to have them baptized. I'm not going to take them to church. I have a catholic family, while I myself am an agnostic. Even if my children grow up believing in God, I'm never taking them to church because organized religion is nothing but forcing a template of beliefs on people, and I would refuse to subject my children to that

lord xyz
Originally posted by Strangelove
When I have children, I'm not going to have them baptized. I'm not going to take them to church. I have a catholic family, while I myself am an agnostic. Even if my children grow up believing in God, I'm never taking them to church because organized religion is nothing but forcing a template of beliefs on people, and I would refuse to subject my children to that thumb up

debbiejo

xmarksthespot
I wouldn't force my children to only listen to the music I like, or only watch the type of movies I like, or only read books I like. Likewise I wouldn't restrict their religious freedoms. Children should be free to think for themselves, and indeed be encouraged to do so.

If they had curiosity about a particular religion they're more than welcome to look into it, follow it, so long as it doesn't cause them and/or others harm.

ThePittman
Originally posted by Strangelove
When I have children, I'm not going to have them baptized. I'm not going to take them to church. I have a catholic family, while I myself am an agnostic. Even if my children grow up believing in God, I'm never taking them to church because organized religion is nothing but forcing a template of beliefs on people, and I would refuse to subject my children to that However will you go to their religious events if they do become religious?

Bardock42
Originally posted by ThePittman
However will you go to their religious events if they do become religious?

It wouldn't be my duty. I might if they asked me to. But I might not. They are free to choose their faith, but the same right I ask of them. If I may answer the question..which I did now.

My God, I hope no one saw that before the edit, if anyone did. It is late here. I am German. Give me a break.

Lord Urizen
For that to happen they must first be convinced God does exist. How the **** can you teach someone something isn't true without teaching them what it is? And it's kinda weird how to teach it.

No they don't. You can be a student in a religious school, be taught all about God, and not beleive any of it. That's a simple example of Atheism.

You obviously don't get it....Exposure to the concept of God does not mean a lesson of the Church. All it means is that you heard about God, don't beleive it, and therefore are Athiest.

You cannot "disbeleive" something you never heard of. I think you answered your own question there.

"This is God, blah blah blah."
"I see."
"He doesn't exist though."
"What?!?"

Or more like:

"Mommy whose God?"

"A character that some people beleive in"

"Oh"

"Want some dinner honey ?"

"YEAH ! smile"

You don't understand how Atheism works do you?

Yes. One disbelieves in God.

I've already proven to you that someone who knows not of god is atheist.

When ?

Oh, wait in your carefully selected definition: "one who lacks a beleif in God"...

So I guess the fact that you never had sex with a girl means your either GAY or ASEXUAL by default roll eyes (sarcastic)

The same way a person whose never heard of God is Athiest by default ! eek!

I don't understand what you mean by "Black and White".

Because to you people are EITHER Atheist, Agnostic or Theist. If someone never heard of the concept of God then they are automatically Athiest in your mind.

Someone who has NOTHING to do with the topic of Theism cannot be categorized in those terms. Some people are neither Athiest, Theist, or Agnostic.

If someone explains to you what something is, you'll first believe it to be true,

Untrue. You can tell me the world is made of cheese, that don't mean I'll believe you.

Tell me that a magical hypocrit created the world in seven days and created my ancestors out of mud, i wont beleive you either no

unless it's taught as fiction, which would be a biased explanation would it not?

Being taught as fiction or non fiction are both equally biased. It being taught objectively as a cultural beleif is not.

lord xyz
No they don't. You can be a student in a religious school, be taught all about God, and not beleive any of it. That's a simple example of Atheism. But you still have to teach what it is to teach not to believe.
You obviously don't get it....Exposure to the concept of God does not mean a lesson of the Church. All it means is that you heard about God, don't beleive it, and therefore are Athiest. I've heard about Bohlemia before but I did not know what it was till someone told me. Then I believed them. Same goes for everything else. So you are wrong.
You cannot "disbeleive" something you never heard of. I think you answered your own question there. I keep telling you, Atheism doesn't necessarily mean "disbelieve" in God, it's someone who doesn't believe in God. Someone who doesn't know of God doesn't believe in God.
Or more like:

"Mommy whose God?"

"A character that some people beleive in"

"Oh"

"Want some dinner honey ?"

"YEAH ! smile" First of all, no. Second, I was talking about teaching Atheism without the child asking, I thought it was pretty clear but, ah well. We're not all intelligent.
Yes. One disbelieves in God. Then why is their more than one definition to the word?
When ? Try all the time.
Oh, wait in your carefully selected definition: "one who lacks a beleif in God"... If by carefully selected definition you mean dictinary definition then yes.
So I guess the fact that you never had sex with a girl means your either GAY or ASEXUAL by default roll eyes (sarcastic) No.
The same way a person whose never heard of God is Athiest by default ! eek! No.
Because to you people are EITHER Atheist, Agnostic or Theist. If someone never heard of the concept of God then they are automatically Athiest in your mind. Well, that is what Atheist means.
Someone who has NOTHING to do with the topic of Theism cannot be categorized in those terms. Some people are neither Athiest, Theist, or Agnostic. Again, you fail to know the definition of Atheism because of your arrogance.
Untrue. You can tell me the world is made of cheese, that don't mean I'll believe you. Because you already know it doesn't. If I told you Schreib is German for write, you have a choice to believe me, naturally you would,m but depending on the situation you may not. This is because you don't know what Schrieb actually means, so naturally you would believe me. And if I then tell you straight after say no, it actually means read, you would be confused. So you can't teach someone something's not true, unless the believe it to be first.
Tell me that a magical hypocrit created the world in seven days and created my ancestors out of mud, i wont beleive you either no HYPOCRITE! Learn to spell.

And you will if that's the only explanation there is.

ThePittman
This is one of the problems with definitions in the dictionary, if enough people think the word means a certain thing then it becomes a new definition of the word even if it is different then the original meaning of the word.

lord xyz
Originally posted by ThePittman
This is one of the problems with definitions in the dictionary, if enough people think the word means a certain thing then it becomes a new definition of the word even if it is different then the original meaning of the word. True...and yes I am admitting what you think I am Urizen.

lil bitchiness
I was brought up in an extreamly colourful religious family. The main theme were mostly pagan, including faries, witches, black magic, white magic, throwing things arond to get the spirits away, invoking spirits, looking at tarot...etc.

When I was born, an astrological table was drawn for me, and I still keep it somewhere.

Since I grew up with a belief that there are two worlds or rather when we die in one, we are born in another, and when one is born in this world, he/she has died in the other...etc.

When I was younger I never really thought about anything that much. The important thing was that I was thought that ''God'' loved everybody and that it did not matter if I worshiped him or not, or if I called him Allah or God, i Im a good person everything will be ok.

I made my mind up later about what I believe, but these thngs still stayed with me. I like thinking about them, and I like the tradition of it.

Due to that, I keep my mind open about everything.

Mr. Sandman

Because you already know it doesn't. If I told you Schreib is German for write, you have a choice to believe me, naturally you would,m but depending on the situation you may not. This is because you don't know what Schrieb actually means, so naturally you would believe me. And if I then tell you straight after say no, it actually means read, you would be confused. So you can't teach someone something's not true, unless the believe it to be first.

And there is your mistake.

Stop believing everything everyone tells you. Your belief that this view is accurate is terribly flawed.

If you told me schreib is german for write, I don't have to believe you. I could say "Bullshit" and go look it up myself.

It's the ignorant who do not go learn things for themselves and instead take what they hear as truth.

Shakyamunison
I was brought up in an extreamly colourful religious family. The main theme were mostly pagan, including faries, witches, black magic, white magic, throwing things arond to get the spirits away, invoking spirits, looking at tarot...etc.

When I was born, an astrological table was drawn for me, and I still keep it somewhere.

Since I grew up with a belief that there are two worlds or rather when we die in one, we are born in another, and when one is born in this world, he/she has died in the other...etc.

When I was younger I never really thought about anything that much. The important thing was that I was thought that ''God'' loved everybody and that it did not matter if I worshiped him or not, or if I called him Allah or God, i Im a good person everything will be ok.

I made my mind up later about what I believe, but these thngs still stayed with me. I like thinking about them, and I like the tradition of it.

Due to that, I keep my mind open about everything.

I was born to a fundamentalist Christian family; boy, was I screwed over. laughing jk

debbiejo
Me too........... sad

ThePittman
If I raise my kids to think I'm god does that make them religious stick out tongue

debbiejo
No, but we all are anyway.

Oh, btw Atheists shouldnt have kids.... wink

ThePittman

lord xyz
Originally posted by Mr. Sandman
And there is your mistake.

Stop believing everything everyone tells you. Your belief that this view is accurate is terribly flawed.

If you told me schreib is german for write, I don't have to believe you. I could say "Bullshit" and go look it up myself.

It's the ignorant who do not go learn things for themselves and instead take what they hear as truth. Most people are kind and will believe what people tell them as a sign of respect. Not, "I will believe you to respect you," more as "I shall listen to respect what you have to say.......this is new to me, so I shall remember what you have told me and think of it as fact because I have listened." When people listen, they are much easier to be fooled. And listening is natural as a sign of respect, which we as a race do because of our evolved social skills.

Imperial_Samura

If you guys think Atheism is a religion, or like a religion, then how about this. Now this thread is actually targeted at Atheists for only they can answer the questions, but others are allowed to comment.

Now, for you atheists, how would you raise your children? Would you say to them "This is God, this is what some people believe about him/her, but God (most likely) doesn't exist." Now to me that sounds like Agnosticism. Because they're mentioning God to the child as if it's a possibility. Would an Atheist instead however, not even mention or talk about God to their child unless the child asks? I think so, that's what I would do.

So what I'm trying to say is, do Atheists not teach their children about God, or teach their children not to believe in God?

Well my father was an Atheist (strong Atheist) and my mother a liberal Christian. Neither forced their beliefs on me. I was free to ask however, and when I did they taught. They managed to present a rather open minded approach to the whole question, and always emphasised the importance of me deciding what I thought was right, not just accepting the claims that were made.

I was told what the concept of God was, and not just the Christian God, but the others. They gave me their perspective, addressing the fact that it was their perspective (no "you're going to Sunday school to learn about the one and only God and his son Jesus Christ.)

And that I think was best. They taught men, when I asked, in an intellectual way rather then a faith based one (which wouldn't have worked for me) - the concept of divinity rather then the claim that one particular God is real and has to be worshipped otherwise terrible things would happen. Because I asked questions, and would never have been able to accept a "this is what is." I am why - and as I said they were down with the fact that a child should have the leeway to learn and choose something like this for themselves, not be molded as faith clones of the parent (those are my words, not theirs.) They gave the academic basis and theory as to who and what God is, and revealed that many people have different ideas on God, and many people don't believe their is such a thing. The key is to provide as close to possible unbiased information that will help a child with their own personal journey, not lock them into something that might not be right. And I think it worked.

I myself am Atheist (or borderline agnostic at certain times) two of my sisters are Christian, and my other sister and brother seem atheist (being a bit young to know for sure.)

Lord Urizen
True...and yes I am admitting what you think I am Urizen.

It's okay...we are all hypocrites at one time or another.

Lord Urizen
But you still have to teach what it is to teach not to believe.

I agree.

I keep telling you, Atheism doesn't necessarily mean "disbelieve" in God, it's someone who doesn't believe in God. Someone who doesn't know of God doesn't believe in God.

Atheism cannot be applied to someone who has nothing to do with the concept of God. The same way Asexuality cannot be applied to a person who has no sex.

First of all, no. Second, I was talking about teaching Atheism without the child asking, I thought it was pretty clear but, ah well. We're not all intelligent.

Okay....

Mom: Honey

Son: Yes, mom

Mom: God is not real

Son: Ok mom smile

Mom: Want dinner?

Son: OH BOY ! eek!

laughing I know ur pissed, im just teasing you :P

Then why is their more than one definition to the word?

I dunno. Why is there more than one definition for Asexuality? Not all definitions can apply to all scenarios. That is the basically my point.

Try all the time.

Sex ? OH YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS droolio

Storm
Could you please gather your thoughts and write them down in one post, instead of double posting?

Lord Urizen
Originally posted by Storm
Could you please gather your thoughts and write them down in one post, instead of double posting?

droolio YESSS MAM !

Nellinator
I wonder what it would be like if you had never found that smilie...

Lord Urizen
Originally posted by Nellinator
I wonder what it would be like if you had never found that smilie...

DONT EVEN SAY THAT !!!!!!

fear

lord xyz
Originally posted by debbiejo
No, but we all are anyway.

Oh, btw Atheists shouldnt have kids.... wink oh How dare you say you are god, just like all the other Atheists. And you wonder why people in Africa die so much. mhm
I agree.
Atheism cannot be applied to someone who has nothing to do with the concept of God. The same way Asexuality cannot be applied to a person who has no sex. No. You're only saying that so you can say sex without looking like a perverted mongrel. You failed though.

Asexuality says you can't have sex, not you don't have sex. People who haven't heard of God can't not believe or believe in God, they can, but most likely won't. Those who don't know of God don't believe in God. Think of it like this, those who haven't heard of God will have a different view of how the world came to be. Therefore they are definately not Theist, nor Agnostic, they are Atheist. They are Atheist because they don't believe in God IE a creator of the world, they believe the world came to be by something else. Making them Atheist.

To have an absolute infinitive, you would need someone who: A doesn't know about God, B doesn't have explanations for the things God has been claimed to do.
Okay....
Mom: Honey
Son: Yes, mom
Mom: God is not real
Son: Ok mom smile
Mom: Want dinner?
Son: OH BOY ! eek!
laughing I know ur pissed, im just teasing you :P I didn't realise.
I dunno. Why is there more than one definition for Asexuality? Not all definitions can apply to all scenarios. That is the basically my point. I really doubt that.
Sex ? OH YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS droolio And yet, you still wonder why.

Lord Urizen
Asexuality says you can't have sex, not you don't have sex.

Asexuality has definitions that support both. Asexuality has been included as the "4th" sexual orientation other than Homosexual, Heterosexual, and Bisexual. They label people who are not sexually attracted to EITHER gender, or any thing, as "asexual" even though there is no solid evidense that people like that exist.

One definition of Asexuality cannot fit all people or scenarios, the same way ONE definition of Atheism cannot fit all people either.

People who haven't heard of God can't not believe or believe in God, they can, but most likely won't.

You cannot beleive or disbeleive in something you never heard of. Okay, it seems we agree on something....

Those who don't know of God don't believe in God.

Those who don't have sex, lack sexuality....... erm

That must mean they're Asexual big grin

Think of it like this, those who haven't heard of God will have a different view of how the world came to be.

Yes

Theism, however, also includes a creation myth, not just a diety. However, you can have a personal philosophy about life and this world, without beleiving in any God, so point taken.

Therefore they are definately not Theist, nor Agnostic, they are Atheist.

They are D. None of the Above

They are Atheist because they don't believe in God IE a creator of the world, they believe the world came to be by something else. Making them Atheist.

Untrue. Athiests in general lack a solid beleif in afterlife, and lack a mythology of any supernatural sort (at most personal philosophy plays a role in thier own beleif system, but Atheism does not define that beleif system)

Many Buddhists do not identify themselves as Athiest, even though they don't necessarily beleive in God. However, they still beleive in the power of Humanity and Nature beyond what we are able to see.

That second argument, however, is only based on the willful labelling of Buddhism as a religion. Many Buddhists do not consider Buddhism a religion, while others do, so that gets confusing lol.

King Kandy
My parents are Atheists, but they had a "Open-Minded" teaching about god, basically, Believe what you want, we aren't going to infringe on your beliefs.

Rogue Jedi
i know a couple of atheists, and they will not try and force their beliefs o you, as KK stated. they are good people, just with a different belief than i have. just cuz someone doesnt go by your rules, you cant bash them. i happen to know a couple of skinheads years ago, and despite their hatred of all non white people, they were good guys. anytime i needed help of any kind, they were the first to volunteer. they never tried to convert me either. i went to some parties with them, and they never, not ever, came down on me cuz i hung out with blacks and hispanics. they even knew i had a gay buddy and it didnt faze them.

debbiejo
edit

Nellinator
DONT EVEN SAY THAT !!!!!!

fear
I gonna have to go deeper. What if peejayd never had his wink ?
Would the world end? These questions need answering.

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
i know a couple of atheists, and they will not try and force their beliefs o you, as KK stated. they are good people, just with a different belief than i have. just cuz someone doesnt go by your rules, you cant bash them. i happen to know a couple of skinheads years ago, and despite their hatred of all non white people, they were good guys. anytime i needed help of any kind, they were the first to volunteer. they never tried to convert me either. i went to some parties with them, and they never, not ever, came down on me cuz i hung out with blacks and hispanics. they even knew i had a gay buddy and it didnt faze them. What would they have done if you were a gay black person though?

Bardock42
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
i know a couple of atheists, and they will not try and force their beliefs o you, as KK stated. they are good people, just with a different belief than i have. just cuz someone doesnt go by your rules, you cant bash them. i happen to know a couple of skinheads years ago, and despite their hatred of all non white people, they were good guys. anytime i needed help of any kind, they were the first to volunteer. they never tried to convert me either. i went to some parties with them, and they never, not ever, came down on me cuz i hung out with blacks and hispanics. they even knew i had a gay buddy and it didnt faze them.

Holy Mary mother of WTF.

So they were good guys that beat up blacks in their free time. Kinda like Hitler was a nice chap to hang out with?

debbiejo
Well Eva Braun thought so......... love

lord xyz
Asexuality has definitions that support both. Asexuality has been included as the "4th" sexual orientation other than Homosexual, Heterosexual, and Bisexual. They label people who are not sexually attracted to EITHER gender, or any thing, as "asexual" even though there is no solid evidense that people like that exist. Ermm...your point is what, you make shit up and then throw up on your own argument?
One definition of Asexuality cannot fit all people or scenarios, the same way ONE definition of Atheism cannot fit all people either. Okay, now I'm sure EVERYONE ELSE who has seen our little conflict is sure that YOU were the one labeling Atheism to one definition, and I was labeling it to many different definitions.
You cannot beleive or disbeleive in something you never heard of. Okay, it seems we agree on something.... I fail to see how we are agreeing on something.
Those who don't have sex, lack sexuality....... erm Really, you think so?
That must mean they're Asexual big grin Yeah, and people who don't eat are physically incapable of eating....where do you get this stuff?
Yes
Theism, however, also includes a creation myth, not just a diety. However, you can have a personal philosophy about life and this world, without beleiving in any God, so point taken. I'm glad you're finally thinking.
They are D. None of the Above You comepletely ignored my point didn't you?
Untrue. Athiests in general lack a solid beleif in afterlife, and lack a mythology of any supernatural sort (at most personal philosophy plays a role in thier own beleif system, but Atheism does not define that beleif system) So you're saying they're not Atheist because they don't believe in an afterlife? Looks like we're going in circles. Just like the whole "Why is the Bible true?" "God wrote it." "Prove God exists." "The Bible says so." And you say you aren't a christian.
Many Buddhists do not identify themselves as Athiest, even though they don't necessarily beleive in God. Okay, before you label all Buddhists the same aswell, I think you better do some research, Shakya believes in God, did you know? And Shakya's a Buddhist, looks like you're wrong there.
However, they still beleive in the power of Humanity and Nature beyond what we are able to see. So do you.
That second argument, however, is only based on the willful labelling of Buddhism as a religion. Many Buddhists do not consider Buddhism a religion, while others do, so that gets confusing lol. Buddhism is a religion, but not the same as Judaism/Islam/Christianity/Sihkism. It's based on philosophy (beliefs) and addresses them to subjects. It might not be as organised or retarded as the others but it's still a religion.

Oops, I think I might've took it a little too far.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.