Thanksgiving: A Psalm of praise

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ESB -1138
Psalm 100

Make a joyful noise unto the Lord, all ye lands. Serve the Lord with gladness: come before his presence with singing. Know this that the Lord is God: it is he that made us, and not we ourselves; we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture. Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, and into his courts with praise: be thankful unto him, and bless his name. For the Lord is good; his mercy is everlasting; and his truth endures to all generations.

Amen

lord xyz
Being British and NOT American I have to say that I don't celebrate thanksgiving or anything of the sort.

lil bitchiness
What is a Psalm?

Storm
If I remember correctly, a sacred song or poem used to praise God.

Nellinator
Originally posted by Storm
If I remember correctly, a sacred song or poem used to praise God.
I don't think it was to be praiseful though. Some of David's psalms only express pain and confusion and ask questions.

I see them mostly as a prayer to music, although rarely to I have music to them, so they seem most like a prayer to me.

Storm

lord xyz
If I remember correctly, a sacred song or poem used to praise God. When looking at JIA's posts, I thought PSalm was a section of the Bible like Mark, Mathew, Luke n John.

Storm
The psalms are in the Book of Psalms, a book in the Old Testament and Tanakh. It is filled with a wide variety of hymns, laments, and poetry on all manner of topics.

Nellinator

lord xyz
The psalms are in the Book of Psalms, a book in the Old Testament and Tanakh. It is filled with a wide variety of hymns, laments, and poetry on all manner of topics. I see, the Bible must be a pretty big book. (Big as in content.)

Nellinator
The Psalms is the largest book of the Bible. 150 chapters in all.

ESB -1138
I enjoy reading Psalms very much. It has wonderful songs, prays, and poems.

Nellinator
Originally posted by ESB -1138
I enjoy reading Psalms very much. It has wonderful songs, prays, and poems.
Indeed.

JaehSkywalker
we sing this at my academy frequently... ^_^

debbiejo
Originally posted by lil bitchiness
What is a Psalm? Psalm is a in the Hebrew Bible or Tanakh, and the "Old Testament......Written by David. Many are set to music and song...It's usually thankfulness.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.