Ki Adi Mundi vs Plo Koon vs Kit Fisto vs Qui Gon Jinn

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Martin
Fight on battlefield on Genosia like in AotC. Nuff said........

Blue_Hefner
I'm inclined to believe Kit but I dont know what he's done.

Darth Subjekt
i'd say Plo

Darth Martin
I'd say there pretty evenly matched. Hard to say.

Crado
Plo Koon's arsenal of force powers would serve well in a fight like this. However I still think Kit takes it.

darthsith19
Mundi and Fisto are the weak links here. We've already had a big debate regarding Plo and Jinn in which I sided with Plo, so I go with Plo. Fisto got beaten easily by Sidious and lost to Asajj, too, whom both Qui-Gon and Plo would have beaten (since this wasn't Obsession Asajj but Cestus Deception Asajj). Mundi's good nothing he's done makes me think he's greater than Plo or Qui-Gon.

Crado
Kit, a weak link? Kit's mos likely the strongest here, he's far more skilled than the others.

Mundi might be above Qui-Gon in the force at least. Check this out, it happens in Outlander, and this is when Mundi is bruised and fatigued:

http://img172.imageshack.us/img172/5659/blz12ck4.th.jpg

darthsith19
Originally posted by Crado
Kit, a weak link? Kit's mos likely the strongest here, he's far more skilled than the others.

Mundi might be above Qui-Gon in the force at least. Check this out, it happens in Outlander, and this is when Mundi is bruised and fatigued:

http://img172.imageshack.us/img172/5659/blz12ck4.th.jpg
Okay then, tell me what the hell Kit's ever done to be considered the strong link.

Okay, Mundi has great Force powers but Qui-Gon is "the best swordsman Dooku's ever seen" and is nearly as strong as Mace with a saber. Mundi is good with a blade but not that good.

Prodigal Knight
Plo Koon is the best in the terms of offensive Force moves. Plo Koon or Fisto are the best with the lightsaber, with Koon probably being better. I would say that Plo wins this, but he'll have a tought fight.

kamikz
What has Plo ever done with a sword?

Prodigal Knight
He's a pretty decent swordsmen, and he was said to be martial, meaning that he is probably skilled in the blade. However, it's really skilled in the Force.

Gideon
Originally posted by darthsith19
Okay then, tell me what the hell Kit's ever done to be considered the strong link.

Okay, Mundi has great Force powers but Qui-Gon is "the best swordsman Dooku's ever seen" and is nearly as strong as Mace with a saber. Mundi is good with a blade but not that good.

Dooku never referred to Qui-Gon as being the best swordsman that Dooku had ever seen. Also, by Cestus Deception, Kit Fisto is more powerful than Obi-Wan. I'd say that Obi-Wan is more powerful than Qui-Gon.

Faunus
Kit Fisto dazzles Obi-Wan both armed and not, fares far better against Ventress than Kenobi did, and was considered to be worthy enough of an opponent to have jeopardized Grievous's mission on Coruscant. He's without a doubt the best duelist here.

Darth Martin
I believe Gui Gon was more powerful w/ the Force than Obi Wan was, and Qui Gon is no where near Mace in terms of lightsaber skills and prowess.

darthsith19
Yes he did.

When did Kit withotu a saber defeat Kenobi?

Really? Cause I seem to remember him losing to Asajj while Kenobi beat Asajj. And even before Kit helped him by knociking down the dock he did just as well.

When was this said?

kamikz
DS, u got it wrong. He impressed Kenobi, with a saber, and without, he didn't actually fight and defeat him, that was not the point.

Crado
He was also able to take out 2 magnaguards in seconds in just 2 moves.

Faunus
Yes he did.
You want to say where?

He never fought him obviously, but his display of unarmed fury stunned Obi-Wan almost to the point of distracting him from his own battle.

Then you really need to re-read the book, if you ever have before. Kit had actually managed to fight Ventress to a virtual stalemate before she could land her glancing blows. Obi-Wan? He managed to ignite his saber, trap one of hers, and . . . oh, get slammed into the ground and hammered at while on his back until Kit saved his ass by slicing up the dock. As of CD, Fisto was undoubtedly Obi-Wan's superior.

Labyrinth of Evil. After Grievous finishes pwning the four Knights guarding Palpatine, he comments that had the Chancellor been of mind enough to surround himself with Jedi of Windu or Fisto's calibre, the battle may have gone differently.

And yes, as someone commented, Fisto took out two Magnaguards with a few sweeps of his sword.

Crado
Yeah, Kit's definitely up there with the best of the jedi, LoE and tCD make this clear. IMHO, he's the most powerful jedi there is by RotS (with the exception of the big 4, obviously), and he's most likely not too far from Anakin or Obi-Wan

darthsith19
\
Oh, okay, maybe Dooku didn't say that, I think I was mistaking it with what his lightsaber instructor thaught about him. The Jedi lightsaber master who taught Qui-Gon had considered him the best lightsaber duelist he had seen in over 400 years of teaching in the Jedi Order.

I have no doubt at the time of CD Kit > Kenobi. Maybe I do need to read the book again but I remember Kit going down after a short fight (yes, it was pretty even, but he went down soon in the fight) and I don't remember Kenobi doing that badly.

That means Kit + four other Jedi at once might have been able to defeat Grievous. No surprises there.

And Shaak Ti took on dozens of Magnaguards at once. So what?

Faunus
Oh, okay, maybe Dooku didn't say that, I think I was mistaking it with what his lightsaber instructor thaught about him. The Jedi lightsaber master who taught Qui-Gon had considered him the best lightsaber duelist he had seen in over 400 years of teaching in the Jedi Order.
You're mixing up information.

1) If the statement was referring to Dooku, it is retconned by the fact that Dooku's master was Yoda, who was eight hundred years- old, tops, not four.

2) If the statement was referring to Qui-Gon, it is retconned by the fact that Qui-Gon's master was Dooku, who was seventy years old, tops, not four hundred.

3) Even if it wasn't retconned, the statement would mean that Dooku was 400+ years-old himself, and was surpassed in swordsmanship by Qui-Gon.

That quote just doesn't work.

Then you need to re-read the book. I have it, should I need to check it, and the fight wasn't short by any means. Kenobi's, on the other hand, lasted as long as it did only because of Fisto's intervention: as soon as Obi-Wan leapt up to combat Ventress, she feinted and kicked him to the ground, then proceeded to attack him while he was on his back. He was getting pwned.

No, that means if there had been any Jedi of Kit's or Mace's calibre, Grievous probably would have failed. And you seem to think that those four Jedi put up a fight - they were slaughtered in seconds, all of them, hence Grievous's observation.

LoE and the CWC are two different explanations for the events of the same time period, so assuming we can pick and choose, Kit can hurl balls of water capable of destroying a warship, and can more or less take out a small army.

And for future reference, Shaak Ti - for all her skill - was one of seven Jedi crushed by Grievous on Hypori, alongside Ki-Adi-Mundi and K'Kruhk. So it can be assumed that Kit outclasses her by a bit.

Gideon
It was retconned, I think, as it said "the Jedi who trained Qui-Gon said that he was the very best he'd seen in his four hundred years in the order."

I think that's word for word.

darthsith19
Forgot anything about Dooku, Qui-Gon's lightsaber instructor said he was the best Jedi Swordsmen he's seen in over 400 years. better than Plo, Mundi, Tyvokka or Dooku (who all fall in the 400 year range).

No, it means that Qui-Gon was the better duelist once upon a time or that as a Youngling/Padawan he was a better dueler than Dooku was as a Youngling/Padawan. Or maybe Qui-Gon had more potential and just never reached it.

Didn't Kenobi just look away from the battle and then "suddenly Kit was down!" or something like that right after?

Okay, I'm sure your right, but still, just three months after that Kenobi was able to hold his own with Asajj.

"had the Chancellor been of mind enough to surround himself with Jedi of Windu or Fisto's calibre, the battle may have gone differently."
May and might, same thing last time I checked. Actually, upon re-reading what you typed, what it seems to be saying is if he had been surrounded by four Kit's as oppossed to four random Jedi Grievous might have lost. That means 4 Kit's vs. Grievous and maybe Grievous would lose. Not very impressive, imo.

In comparrison with the other Jedi/Sith in the CW cartoon what Shaak Ti did seems about right. Same with Kit. I wouldn't say what Kit did in the CW is more impressive than what Shaak Ti did, maybe equal or Shaak Ti's accomplishment may even have been greater. So is Shaak Ti stronger than Mundi, PLo and Jinn? Doubtful.

She was exhausted, afraid and surprised, and Grievous only took on 5 of those Jedi at once, and they were all tired, afraid and surprised. That she lasted longer than K'Kruhk, who put up a pretty good fight against Quinlan Vos, and Mundi, who apparently did some amazing things in Outbound Flight or whatever that comic's called is impressive.

Prodigal Knight
In a way, I am agreeing with Darthsith19, however in a different way.

Qui-Gon Jinn was considered to be by his instructor as the "best lightsaber duelist he had seen in over 400 years of teaching in the Jedi Order." During this time, who was battlemaster of the Jedi Order during this time? Guess what, Count Dooku of Serenno! Dooku, since he takes Jinn as his apprentice, calls him the best swordsmen he has seen in 400 years. This excludes himself, but it includes pre-TPM Plo Koon, Ki-Adi Mundi, and Mace Windu.

As you know, Mace Windu probably hasn't perfected Vapaad during this time, ergo is worse than Jinn. And an important fact is this is Jinn in his prime .

My theory is that a Jedi's powers increase in a form similar to a 'sad face' parabola. It shoots up fast but then it slowly increases. When a Jedi reaches his peak, he is the topmost point on the parabola. However, unlike a regular parabola, the Jedi stays at this point for some time (several years). After this though, he begins to deteriorate in terms of lightsaber strength and dueling. Growing older ruins your atheleticism, and even a Jedi can't be better than what he was when he thirty as opposed to seventy.

This is what I believed happened to Qui-Gon. Jinn died at the age of sixty. I believe Jinn during this period underwent a deterioration of strength. You see in TPM that he cannot possibly the greatest the Order has seen in 400 years because he gets destoyed by Maul. But that's the thing, if it was Qui-Gon in his prime, then I believe he could have killed Maul. Heck, Jinn in his prime would probably be greater than Quinlan Vos, Luminara Unduli, Plo Koon, Kit Fisto, and even Drallig and Billaba perhaps.

Let's take Yoda. Yoda is very powerful, but I doubt he was in his prime during ROTS. In terms of the Force, the older you get the stronger you get. In terms of the lightsaber, the older you get to your prime, the stronger you get. The farther you move away from his apex, the weaker you become. This way Yoda must have started to deterioate in his lightsaber abilities when he was around 618 years old.

But of course, this is all theory. But this is how I see it makes sense.

kamikz
Yup, I don't exactly see Yoda increasing that much more in force strenght as of his prime and forward, but I more see him getting knowledge and techniques. (But maybe that's what you meant.) Anyway, a young Yoda would probably be kickass in lightsaber combat, probably around the skill of the best people in SW, seeing as he is damn fast, and his size makes him unique.

Gideon
On the quote regarding Qui-Gon... it was retconned if it meant Dooku. Dooku didn't teach at the Temple for four hundred years.

Crado
It was referring to Yoda.

kamikz
It fits in perfectly on Yaddle though, since she was around 400.

Prodigal Knight
If this is Jinn in his prime, then he takes it.

If it's TPM Jinn, then Plo Koon wins.

darthsith19
Originally posted by Prodigal Knight
If this is Jinn in his prime, then he takes it.

If it's TPM Jinn, then Plo Koon wins.
I agree with that. btw, nice post, Prodigal Knight!

Prodigal Knight
Thx darth! I don't like how people downplay QGJ and stuff. Seriously why would they have the quote then if it contradicts everything!!! It had to be referring to Jinn in prime, not TPM.

Faunus
Forgot anything about Dooku, Qui-Gon's lightsaber instructor said he was the best Jedi Swordsmen he's seen in over 400 years. better than Plo, Mundi, Tyvokka or Dooku (who all fall in the 400 year range).
His instructor was Dooku, who was eighty, not four hundred. Why is this so hard to understand?

Same as the above.

No, he continued fighting through a small force of thugs, then looked back and saw Kit fall. The duel wasn't short, and that's that.

No, he managed to get thrashed two more times before he started picking up the pace, and that didn't happen within three months. Yet the point stands - Kit was good.

Considering he included Windu in that sentence, I doubt that's what he meant, unless you believe Grievous - having just had his ass kicked by Mace - believed that he actually stood a chance against the equivalent of "four Windu's." Your nitpicking, darthsith, and it's not working for you at all.

You're simply picking which part of the series supports your argument, stacking it with your opinion, and trying to pass it as a viable argument. By the same token, I could say that Kit destroying a massive warship with a few projectiles of Force energy shows that he could positively obliterate Shaak Ti on land by doing something similar.

She's a council member, it's expected that she'd be able to put up more of a fight than most Jedi Knights. And actually, Agen Kolar put Vos on his ass, too - is he better than Kit, now? Also, Ki-Adi was the one fighting at the very end, according to the CW. Shaak Ti managed to get herself chucked into some starship wreckage or another.

If it were referring to Yoda, it's off by a good three hundred years, as he'd taught at the Temple for eight hundred years as of RotS. Stop trying to find ways to make your quote work.

Oh, and you're a sock, in-case the last two or three bans flew by your head. Scoot.

Faunus
Qui-Gon Jinn was considered to be by his instructor as the "best lightsaber duelist he had seen in over 400 years of teaching in the Jedi Order." During this time, who was battlemaster of the Jedi Order during this time? Guess what, Count Dooku of Serenno! Dooku, since he takes Jinn as his apprentice, calls him the best swordsmen he has seen in 400 years. This excludes himself, but it includes pre-TPM Plo Koon, Ki-Adi Mundi, and Mace Windu.
Good thing Dooku was 400 years old then. Last I checked, he was eighty, so you just ended your own argument.

The rest is theory, so I won't attack it. You're entitled to your own beliefs.

Crado
The Jedi lightsaber master who taught Qui-Gon had considered him the best lightsaber duelist he had seen in over 400 years of teaching in the Jedi Order

Yoda applies, it says over four hundred years of teaching the order... Idiot!

His master was Dooku, not necessarily his lightsaber instructor. For example, Qui-Gon was Obi-Wan's master, however his ligthsaber instructor was not Qui-Gon, but Cin Drallig.

Darth Martin
Well, we know this isn't true because we've seen Yoda and Qui Gon fight in the movies and.......

Prodigal Knight
Again, as Nebaris says, it doesn't have refer to Dooku. Just because Dooku was the battlemaster doesn't mean there is only lightsaber instructor! And it could definately relate to Yoda or Tyvokka or some other ancient Jedi.

Not exactly.

Excuse, but where did you find this bullshit? How do you Yoda taught the Order for 800 years? Please read:

From the Databank:

When Yoda was 700 years old, he served on a council of Jedi Masters instructing new students aboard the massive Jedi training vessel Chu'unthor.

This tells that Yoda has been teaching Jedi for 200 years. Not 800. And considering all other situations and such, I find it very likely that it was Yoda who made that claim.

To bad it's not Dooku, but Yoda.

Faunus
Of course, because the author would just randomly pick a number less than the real value and substitute it as such. . . idiot.

Well, it's obviously not Dooku - your supposed battlemaster - it's not Yoda, so it's some random, no-name Jedi who finds him to be superior to the likes of Dooku himself? Doubt it. Retconned.

Again, as Nebaris says, it doesn't have refer to Dooku. Just because Dooku was the battlemaster doesn't mean there is only lightsaber instructor! And it could definately relate to Yoda or Tyvokka or some other ancient Jedi.
1) It's obviously not Dooku.

2) It can't be Yoda, because he's taught for twice as long as the quote states.

3) I doubt some random Jedi Master - in this case, Tyvokka - would be teaching another student the arts of the lightsaber, as we've never seen anyone else do it who didn't hold a designated position.

"Ready, are you? What know you of ready? For eight hundred years have I trained Jedi." -- Yoda, ESB

I'd watch what I call bullshit.

Too bad it's neither one.

Crado
no expression
I must say, I'm real surprised Faunus, the way people talk about you, you actually seem like an intelligent person and logical debater, just goes to show how people are stupid. I mean seriously, that was the best response you could give?

Faunus
For one, I haven't posted here in two or three months, and you never knew me, so I doubt anyone's talked to you about me. Second, I'd like to know if you're going to actually post an appropriate response instead of dream up another idiotic comment. And third - you're a sock. You're not wanted here. So GTFO.

Gideon
no expression
I must say, I'm real surprised Faunus, the way people talk about you, you actually seem like an intelligent person and logical debater, just goes to show how people are stupid. I mean seriously, that was the best response you could give?

Faunus and I may not get along anymore, but to call him stupid?

Crado
Escape does, he's like in love with you.

Your post didn't even make sense, why bother?

Prodigal Knight
All right, it's not Dooku. But let me ask you a question Faunus? Why cannot Yoda say that statement? Yoda has trained many of a Jedi, why couldn't he say that statement? Because of the 400 years part? Does it even matter, the main significance of that statement is that Qui-Gon Jinn in his prime was the greatest swordsmen the Order has seen in a very long time.

Very well, conceded on this point. But still, does it really matter? If Yoda has been shown to be a lightsaber instructor, why couldn't he said that? I mean, besides Tyvokka and Yaddle, there are no other Jedi I can recollect that are at least 400 years old.

Prodigal Knight
Faunus is very good Nebaris. Watch yourself.

Gideon
Suppose you didn't read the part where I said "Faunus and I don't get along anymore". Might give you a clue that I'm not in love with him, but I understand his skills as a debater.

Which, most decidedly, are hell of a lot better than yours.

Faunus
Escape does, he's like in love with you.
I highly doubt that.

Actually, my post made perfect sense; it's not my fault that you don't understand what "logic" is.

Faunus
All right, it's not Dooku. But let me ask you a question Faunus? Why cannot Yoda say that statement? Yoda has trained many of a Jedi, why couldn't he say that statement? Because of the 400 years part? Does it even matter, the main significance of that statement is that Qui-Gon Jinn in his prime was the greatest swordsmen the Order has seen in a very long time.

Very well, conceded on this point. But still, does it really matter? If Yoda has been shown to be a lightsaber instructor, why couldn't he said that? I mean, besides Tyvokka and Yaddle, there are no other Jedi I can recollect that are at least 400 years old.
Look. I'm not denying that at one point, Qui-Gon may have been an extraordinary duelist and combatant. What I'm disputing is simply the method and source you're using to deduce that. You have to understand that when the TPM novel was written, the character of Dooku had yet to be created. As such, his role as Qui-Gon's master was open to be held by another Jedi. The quote seems to imply that it is his master who is speaking. If so, it is retconned. The other possible meaning is of an outside teacher instructing him - Tyvokka is just a random excuse, and Yoda is far too old to fit the quote. The statement says "in over 400 years of teaching"; we know him to have taught for twice as long. Any good author would have used the true value or else would have phrased it as something akin to the following:

"Not in 400 years had his instructor seen so extraordinary a swordsman."

A statement like that is what you could have used to support your argument. As it is? It just doesn't stand.

Prodigal Knight
Agreed, yet it is not stated that it was Dooku. Neither is it implied. It just says "in over 400 years of teaching" or something of that sort. That doesn't refer to Dooku. And who else taught Qui-Gon? Yoda. Yoda was a master of Ataru and so is Jinn. See the similarities? Yoda must have taught Qui-Gon for a while.

To say he's far too old is a random excuse. There are few 400+ Jedi who ever lived during that time. And if they did, they most definately would have been on the Council. The ones we know of are Tyvokka, Yaddle, and Yoda.

So does it matter even if it's Yoda or Tyvokka or someone else? Due to the fact of that statement, it recognizes how powerful Jinn is.

But the quote still stands.

Faunus
Agreed, yet it is not stated that it was Dooku. Neither is it implied. It just says "in over 400 years of teaching" or something of that sort. That doesn't refer to Dooku. And who else taught Qui-Gon? Yoda. Yoda was a master of Ataru and so is Jinn. See the similarities? Yoda must have taught Qui-Gon for a while.

To say he's far too old is a random excuse. There are few 400+ Jedi who ever lived during that time. And if they did, they most definately would have been on the Council. The ones we know of are Tyvokka, Yaddle, and Yoda.

So does it matter even if it's Yoda or Tyvokka or someone else? Due to the fact of that statement, it recognizes how powerful Jinn is.

But the quote still stands.
If the quote had been intended to mean Yoda, it would have stated so. It didn't. It can't possibly be Dooku, and Tyvokka teaching another student where it wasn't his position to do so isn't feasible. Besides, that statement would mean that Qui-Gon was a better duelist than Dooku himself, which is obviously untrue.

The quote is retconned.

Davin Maul
I don't think Qui-Gon is that good. It said in the book but he was old and slow and his attacks were weaker as teh fight against maul went on. Any of the others could take Qui and the sames goes to Plo. I have more confidence in Plo because the electric judgement could hurt someone, but he is old too (He fought with Qui-Gon in the Hyperspace War?). That leaves Kit and Ki-Adi. I pick Kit because he was the only jedi to actually give a fight to Sidious, even if it was 30 seconds. the other 2 just got spanked.

darthsith19
Mundi is just as old as Koon and hell, Yoda's probably hundreds of years older yet he could still whip any of those guys. And 30 seconds? Try 7.

General Kenobl
Qui-Gon Jinn in his prime is probably on the level of Darth Maul. He would win in a fight in this fourway.

If it's TPM Qui-Gon Jinn, then Plo Koon wins.

Sexyback
Why the hell would Plo Koon win?
What exactly has he got going for him?
No, Kit Fisto has this for sure.

darthsith19
Maul consideres Mace and Plo to be the greatest Jedi Warriors (TPM era). Kit lost to Asajj Ventress. I'd put Plo above Kit, but not by alot.

Sexyback
Maul was only naming the few jedi that he knew off the top of his head that he wanted to test his skills against, and there were many jedi he left out such as Yoda, Count Dooku, Depa Billaba, Qui-Gon Jinn, and I'm sure there are others, who would all be able to take Plo. Plo was a jedi champion after the Stark Hyperspace War, Mace was somewhat the jedi's greatest prodigy at the time, it serves to reason that Maul would be familiar with these two jedi, but it's not like he would have ever seen them in combat, he would have been basing his beliefs from stories he'd heard of them, which can be unreliable.

darthsith19
Possibly, ne he said that he lonegr to fight one of the great Jedi warriors and it seemed like he wanted to fight those two the most and that's why he named them. If those other Jedi were truely ahead of Plo I think he'd probably want to fight them more than he'd want to fight Plo. Of course Yoda's stronegr than Plo but I don't think most people know how strong he is, and I'm not sure why he didn't say Dooku.

That's true, but he did fight just as well during the Stark Hyperspace Wars as Qui-Gon did, and that was Qui-Gon in his prime.

Lee-San28
This is a very hard choice, lets look at what we no, Kit mached Obi in a light saber dule traning in Cestus Deseption, but barily lost to ventress. Ki Adi was the last one standing agent grevious'es atack on the Jeid in wicth Ala and Ti where barly alive. Qui Gon dies agenst maul but is vastly more knolageable than the other three but in this situation it wouldnt really help him plus he has a weak saber defence. And Ploo is one of the councils oldes vets making him liable to be nasty at figthing..........final verdict 1. Ploo 2. Ki Adi 3. Qui Gon4. Kit Fisto

darthsith19
1. Plo
2. Jinn
3. Mundi
4. Fisto

That's what I'd say. Mundi and Fisto is a toss-up, though. Remember, Jinn was nearly as strong as TPM Windu and was the best saber duelist TPM Obi-Wan had ever seen.

Lee-San28
lol Now that i think about it i bet that Mundi would beat Ploo i mean he seems so much more capable and athletic

General Kenobl
Mundi cannot beat Plo. Koon has much better offensive Force attacks and he is a skilled Shien user.

Lee-San28
1. Ploo 2. Ki Adi 3. Qui Gon4. Kit Fisto

Rampant ox
I would say that Qui-Gon is the best out of all of them. But then again I am being blatantly biased. stick out tongue

General Kenobl
QGJ in his prime could take out Plo. TPM QGJ cannot.

1. Plo
2. TPM QGJ
3. Kit
4. Ki-Adi

Mizukage Yoda
He was also able to take out 2 magnaguards in seconds in just 2 moves.

Kenobi took out for in the blink of an eye in one move its called the force smokin'

Mizukage Yoda
Originally posted by Faunus
You're mixing up information.

1) If the statement was referring to Dooku, it is retconned by the fact that Dooku's master was Yoda, who was eight hundred years- old, tops, not four.

2) If the statement was referring to Qui-Gon, it is retconned by the fact that Qui-Gon's master was Dooku, who was seventy years old, tops, not four hundred.

3) Even if it wasn't retconned, the statement would mean that Dooku was 400+ years-old himself, and was surpassed in swordsmanship by Qui-Gon.

That quote just doesn't work.

Then you need to re-read the book. I have it, should I need to check it, and the fight wasn't short by any means. Kenobi's, on the other hand, lasted as long as it did only because of Fisto's intervention: as soon as Obi-Wan leapt up to combat Ventress, she feinted and kicked him to the ground, then proceeded to attack him while he was on his back. He was getting pwned.

No, that means if there had been any Jedi of Kit's or Mace's calibre, Grievous probably would have failed. And you seem to think that those four Jedi put up a fight - they were slaughtered in seconds, all of them, hence Grievous's observation.

LoE and the CWC are two different explanations for the events of the same time period, so assuming we can pick and choose, Kit can hurl balls of water capable of destroying a warship, and can more or less take out a small army.

And for future reference, Shaak Ti - for all her skill - was one of seven Jedi crushed by Grievous on Hypori, alongside Ki-Adi-Mundi and K'Kruhk. So it can be assumed that Kit outclasses her by a bit.

My friend this CWC is accepted as Canon in GL's eyes look at the DVD commentary when Grievous arrives on Utapau He says somtin like you can find out why grievous coughs like that in the CWC. Thus it is generally known to be more Canon than LOE why? because thats what it said in the comentary not if ya wanna know what happened to greivous read loe

Rohangiga
plo simply because i think he's cool

Rampant ox
Could someone please tell me what Koon has done which makes him better than Qui-Gon. Im not saying that he isnt better (because I read very little EU) but saying 'z0mg hE l00k$ k00L!!1//' is hardly an argument.

General Kenobl
Plo Koon is skilled with the lightsaber and posses powerful offensive Force attacks.

darthsith19
Darth Maul considers Plo Koon one of the best Jedi Warriors and Plo was the heroof the Stark Hyperspace Wars.

Mic Assassin
I'm pretty sure Qui-Gon said he was the best Master of form V he had ever seen or something. And he was a master of Teras Kasi too.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.