Album of the Year

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

vanice
your favourite?

Victor Von Doom
A lot of contenders thus far. Probably 10000 Days, but there is time yet.

Bardock42
Not sure. Either Peeping Tom or The Eraser for me.

Bardock42
Holy living mother of hell. How could I forget Ringleader of the Tormentors. Which is very, very excellent in my opinion. Oh well, I got all those three only this week. And can't decide. But they are good. So is Living with War actually. Decisions make my head hurt.

Quiero Mota

Alpha Centauri
It's a race between 10,000 Days by Tool, The Eraser by Thom Yorke or The Adversary by Ihsahn.

-AC

jaden101
my personal favourite of the year was "i trust you to kill me" by Rocco Deluca and the Burden

MildPossession
The Eraser by Thom Yorke is one for me, is the CD Spitting Feathers worth getting too?

Lana
So far for me I think it's 10,000 Days.

dirkdirden
10,000 days vote for me.

~Da Rev~
Hands down 10,000 Days. Its the only actual CD i have been excited for This whole year.

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by MildPossession
The Eraser by Thom Yorke is one for me, is the CD Spitting Feathers worth getting too?

Probably for completist purposes only.

If you want the two new b-sides you can buy the Analyse single.

-AC

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Going by the play count on my iTunes, my album of the year is either Stadium Arcadium by RHCP or Revelations by Audioslave. Both rock their socks off.

lil bitchiness
Originally posted by Victor Von Doom
A lot of contenders thus far. Probably 10000 Days, but there is time yet.

I think I must agree.

nick1811
Mastodon - Blood Mountain
All Shall Perish - The Price of Existence
Belphegor - Pestapokalypse VI
Bring Me the Horizon - Count Your Blessings
Converge - No Heroes
The Faceless - Akeldema
Lamb of God - Sacrament

It's been a good year

PandoraMomo
I'd have to say, for me, it is a tie between Revelations by Audioslave and 10,000 Days by Tool, both followed very closely by Stadium Arcadium by Red Hot Chili Peppers.

Alpha Centauri
How many of you have actually bought up to, or more than, 10 CDs this year?

Just so we get a rough idea of how much you lot have to go by.

-AC

-X-Dr.Gonzo-X-
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri

-AC I bought way more than 10, but I think most of them came out in past years.

dirkdirden

-AC

I have only bought one, but I have listened t0 many. I never buy without listening first.

Bardock42

-AC

I bought 7 last week. Only 4 of them came out this year though.

Da preacher
I only bought 3 Cd's released in 2006: 3121 by Prince, Ultimate Prince and Blackholes & Revelations. Bought like 30 albums in total though.

Scarecrow756
My album of the year is a tie between The Crusade by Trivium and A Matter Of Life And Death by Iron Maiden.

Alpha Centauri
My point is that you can't really have a decent scope in album of the year discussions if you've only bought two or three albums.

-AC

Bardock42
My point is that you can't really have a decent scope in album of the year discussions if you've only bought two or three albums.

-AC

How many of this years albums have you bought and how many were there? Did you not also only buy those of people you consider worthy in the first place? At least I don't have money to waste. I mean..did you buy Evanescence's Album? Or I think some other people I am sure won't put out an Album of the Year for me made Albums as well. Since it is subjective everyone that at least listened to one Album this year can participate. Don't you think? The scope is maybe smaller, but not everyone likes recent music as much as you do, you know?

Quiero Mota
Originally posted by Bardock42
Since it is subjective everyone that at least listened to one Album this year can participate. Don't you think? The scope is maybe smaller, but not everyone likes recent music as much as you do, you know?

thumb up

Buying more than 10 albums in a year is a waste of money, ey. Music is expensive and I can better use that money elsewhere. I've bought maybe 4 CD's this year, only two of which came out this year.

vanice
music is life and I'm willing to pay the price. I'd say separation road by Anna Ternheim, but I guess you've never heard it. Silent shout with the knife is very good to.

Lana

-AC

I should be up to 10 this year by the end of next week...

stick out tongue

Bardock42
Originally posted by Lana
I should be up to 10 this year by the end of next week...

stick out tongue

10 this year altogether or 10 that came out this year?

Lana
I'd have to actually go and look at my CD collection to see exactly what I've bought this year. I know I did get at least five that came out this year, and then Incubus is out next week.

Bardock42
I'd have to actually go and look at my CD collection to see exactly what I've bought this year. I know I did get at least five that came out this year, and then Incubus is out next week.

Which ones did you get this year (of this year) and how would you rate them? If you still recall. That's kind of a general question anyways, no need to open a new thread I guess.

Alpha Centauri
not everyone likes recent music as much as you do, you know?

Then their concerns with the Album of the Year 2006 thread should be zero, shouldn't it? That's what it's for. If the thread is simple for "What was your favourite album this year?", with no specific criteria on when it was released, then fine, but that's generally not the case.

My post wasn't saying you can't be involved, just that I don't think there's much point if you've bought two albums and have the variation of a deaf child. I don't care if your album of the year is Kevin Federline, I just suggested that you have bought or heard more than a two or three albums in order to make such a broad claim. If you're bitter because you can't buy albums, that's not my problem.

I didn't buy Evanescence's album because A) They're shit, and B) They wouldn't be in a top 10 even if I liked them. If someone else does, cool. My point wasn't to do with taste, it was to do with relevance. You went off on another needless Bardock tangent.

Originally posted by Quiero Mota
Buying more than 10 albums in a year is a waste of money, ey. Music is expensive and I can better use that money elsewhere.

So, because YOU can spend your money on things that are of bigger priority, music is a waste of time? Did you not take into account those of us who's favourite passtime is buying music? Clearly not.

Buying more than 10 albums a year if you like those albums isn't a waste of money to me. Wasting money, to me, is spending it on car stuff, but to you it isn't.

Next time, both of you should chill, read my posts and stop feeling so insecure.

-AC

Bardock42
Then their concerns with the Album of the Year 2006 thread should be zero, shouldn't it? That's what it's for. If the thread is simple for "What was your favourite album this year?", with no specific criteria on when it was released, then fine, but that's generally not the case.

My post wasn't saying you can't be involved, just that I don't think there's much point if you've bought two albums and have the variation of a deaf child. I don't care if your album of the year is Kevin Federline, I just suggested that you have bought or heard more than a two or three albums in order to make such a broad claim. If you're bitter because you can't buy albums, that's not my problem.

I didn't buy Evanescence's album because A) They're shit, and B) They wouldn't be in a top 10 even if I liked them. If someone else does, cool. My point wasn't to do with taste, it was to do with relevance. You went off on another needless Bardock tangent.

So, because YOU can spend your money on things that are of bigger priority, music is a waste of time? Did you not take into account those of us who's favourite passtime is buying music? Clearly not.

Buying more than 10 albums a year if you like those albums isn't a waste of money to me. Wasting money, to me, is spending it on car stuff, but to you it isn't.

Next time, both of you should chill, read my posts and stop feeling so insecure.

-AC

Why? They can like some. It's not a 0% or 100% thing, is it?

The thread is "What is your favourite Album released this year". You don't have to be heavily into new music to have some favourites. People that generally like 80s music might still enjoy Morrissey's stuff. So that might be their favourite that year. If you like 1 or a 100 Albums this year doesn't matter. No one likes or even knows all the Albums released this year anyways.

But your statement is idiotic. What does the amount of Albums you bought of this year have to do with what is your favourite Album?

See, you are assuming a lot of things. Some maybe just bought Thom Yorke's this year, because they thought RHCP, tool, Bob Dylan are shit and they wouldn't be in their (a is ridiculous, lots of stupid people like Evanescence) Top Ten even if they liked them. No, I did not in this case. Your point was irrelevant. Everyone that heard an Album this year can have a favourite and is therefore relevant for this thread.

Quiero Mota

Yes I did take it into account, otherwise I wouldn't have posted. There's a difference between needing and wanting, and like it or not, its a wate of money.

-AC

Define "car stuff", ese. By that do you mean vital components or cosmetic features? "Car stuff" is something ignorant laymen who don't know anything about cars say.

That comparison is flawed, because if my car's alternator or carburator is broken then I need (keyword:need) to buy a new one for the vehicle to operate properly and efficiently. Because both of those are vital vehicle components, just like your heart and stomach are vital organs. (Not too sure if you knew that) There's a big difference between buying something that you need in order to get from A to B, and buying an overpriced piece of plastic when you really only like maybe 4 songs on it.

The only reason that buying "car stuff" ( laughing out loud ) would be a waste of money for YOU is because you don't own a set of wheels, ese.

Bardock42
Define "car stuff", ese. By that do you mean vital components or cosmetic features? "Car stuff" is something ignorant laymen who don't know anything about cars say

He probably meant just that. All car stuff. I assume he doesn't have a car. And he probably doesn't care for cars. So all of that would be fancy bullshit to him.

And even if you would take out the parts of vital importance for a car. You do enjoy to buy or get or install stuff that improve your car beyond necessity, don't you? that's the same. Everyone has hobbies. I like buying music as well. I don't like buying Radios, or a set of wheels or whatever fancy stuff a car doesn't need to bring me from a to b, for a car.

reggie_jax
i enjoy stealing music. tis a hobby.

Alpha Centauri

reggie_jax
the cold hard fact is we are all going to get cancer from car fumes cuz da hippy children need to drive everywhere...

Bardock42
Oh...this thing that you do, you're doing.

Is this where we hold an impasse and you say: "I meant this..." and I say "Yes, that's what I'm saying."? Because I've done that enough with you.

Doubt it, except if you change what you mean. Which you might due, since it is ridiculous and I doubt you actually think it.

Then if it's not released this year, it has no place in the Album of the Year 2006 thread does it? Use a bit of sense.

Read what I said "The thread is "What is your favourite Album released this year". You don't have to be heavily into new music to have some favourites. People that generally like 80s music might still enjoy Morrissey's stuff. So that might be their favourite that year. If you like 1 or a 100 Albums this year doesn't matter. No one likes or even knows all the Albums released this year anyways."

It is about Albums that are released this year. That's what I am saying. If someone just likes one album that was released this year (I used Morrissey's as example) then that is their favourite and belongs in this thread.

Absolutely nothing, in the grand scheme of things. I merely suggested that it would be better to have a scope of reference rather than one album, and you obviously took massive exception to that like a complete idiot.

If you own one 2006 album and it's your album of the year, fine. I just think it would be better to have a wider reference, but that's just a suggestion, as it always was. I'm not sure why you're getting upset..

Yes, you suggested that and I said it is of no matter. I am not upset. And I assume you are neither.

I just told you that I don't think the scope matters. If you bought 1 or 50 Albums of this year. There are still 1000 you haven't heard. And I assume everyone chose wisely which albums to get. Just like you decided not to get Albums you wouldn't like. That you liked more this year than others doesn't matter. This is not an attack on you. Just a statement that I don't think the scope matters.

What are you saying? You're saying that only having heard one 2006 album doesn't mean it's irrelevant? No, technically it doesn't. My only point was that I PERSONALLY believe that you should have a scope of reference before deciding on an album of the year.

Fair enough. And I don't. So what's the problem? I just told you why I don't think so.

If you don't feel this is an approach you wish to take, then don't agree with me and adhere to my suggestion. Why you're acting like I put a gun to anybody's head is anybody's guess. Then again I should know better than to take you seriously, since this is probably one of those "I feel like debating with AC." Bardock moments we always have.

You're not making a relevant point, I was.

I am not.

You said you think one "can't have a decent scope in album of the year discussions if you've only bought two or three albums."

Mine was they can. That's why we are arguing.

If your point was relevant to begin with then my point that disagreed with yours was relevant aswell, don't you think?

Alpha Centauri
Read what I said "The thread is "What is your favourite Album released this year". You don't have to be heavily into new music to have some favourites. People that generally like 80s music might still enjoy Morrissey's stuff. So that might be their favourite that year. If you like 1 or a 100 Albums this year doesn't matter. No one likes or even knows all the Albums released this year anyways."

And how is that relevant to anything I said? I was never referring to taste. I was referring to relevance. Released this year generally means THIS year. There's no point saying "My favourite album released this year was Purple Rain.".

It is about Albums that are released this year. That's what I am saying. If someone just likes one album that was released this year (I used Morrissey's as example) then that is their favourite and belongs in this thread.

Which is what I just said before. Why do you always do this?

Yes, you suggested that and I said it is of no matter. I am not upset. And I assume you are neither.

So if you are saying something I agree with, why continue? Oh, because you're being you.

I just told you that I don't think the scope matters. If you bought 1 or 50 Albums of this year. There are still 1000 you haven't heard. And I assume everyone chose wisely which albums to get. Just like you decided not to get Albums you wouldn't like. That you liked more this year than others doesn't matter. This is not an attack on you. Just a statement that I don't think the scope matters.

You don't think scope matters, I think it's better to have one. Wherein are you finding difficulty?

Fair enough. And I don't. So what's the problem? I just told you why I don't think so.

No problem here. You, once again, decided to put forth your unknowingly agreeing argument and not take the time to realise that we more or less agree on all of it, except scope and variation, which I said myself was a personal suggestion, not a fact.

I am not.

You said you think one "can't have a decent scope in album of the year discussions if you've only bought two or three albums."

Mine was they can. That's why we are arguing.

We don't need to argue. You think they can, I don't think they can. It doesn't matter why we think that, they're personal choices.

If your point was relevant to begin with then my point that disagreed with yours was relevant aswell, don't you think?

As I've proven once more, you weren't disagreeing a whole lot, just being attention starved.

-AC

BackFire
I think I bought a whole 1 album this year. It was 10,000 days.

-hh-
the best albums this year

The Roots- Game Theory
CunninLynguists- A Piece of Strange

other great releases:

Jedi Mind Tricks- Servants in Heaven, Kings in Hell
People Under the Stairs- Stepfather
Ghostface Killah- Fishscale
Lupe Fiasco- Food & Liquor
J Dilla- Donut (i know it's only instrumentals..but i enjoyed it from start to finish)
Apathy- Eastern Philosophy
Clipse- Hell Hath No Fury (this was shocking, i hated the first Clipse album but this was different. The album was great)
AZ- The Format

weak year for hip hop in my opinion.

Quiero Mota

Victor Von Doom
I don't think any other album can beat 10,000 Days, to be honest. There are other excellent albums, but it's a foregone conclusion. Unless Radiohead pull something out of the bag in the next month, which they won't.

Alpha Centauri
You're right; cosmetic features such as hydraulics, customized decals, paint jobs, undercarriage neon, and metal shoes are just wants. However, vital components and performance parts are necessary, and incindently that's what most car enthusiasts (and regular people for that matter) spend their money on when it comes to "car stuff".

As I said.

I don't know about that. You like certain genres more than I do. For ejemple: I hate metal and modern rock, but you love both styles. The genres that I love; I eat, sleep and breathe

Then why make such silly comments as CDs are worthless pieces of plastic? I don't buy them for the discs, I buy them for the music and to support the people making it, to have the art as they wanted me to have it. If you don't care about that, then there's a distinct lack in your appreciation of the art.

Anyone can love free shit.

Are you kidding, carnal? I know a lot about the love of music. I'm Mexican; music and dance have always been a very large part of life, as well as my culture.

I explained my reasoning for my beliefs above.

But still, buying a CD when you only like 1 or 2 of the songs is not a healthy spending habit. Don't believe me?; ask any financial adviser.

For one; I don't often hear anything off the albums before I buy them ANYWAY.

Two; Because of that, there's a greater chance I'll like it all, because I've not gave any two songs more attention than the rest.

Yes, I expect any self-respecting man to know something about cars; both parts and vehicle models. I'm not saying that you need to be a C.A.T. (certified automotive technician) like me, but do your self a favor and learn something.

I'm comfortable enough in myself that I don't need to go around with a love for cars. That's remarkably insecure and I feel sorry for you.

I live in a big city too, ese. The sixth largest in the nation, in fact. And just like L.A., Phoenix is notorious for it's traffic congestion. That shouldn't dissuade you from having a ride, ey.

It doesn't. The fact that I have better things to spend my money on, does.

You own a car partially because you think you have to, I'm not subjected to that pressure, because I don't waste my money, which is what the debate is about. I don't need a car, so I won't spend a couple thousand and more on something I'll never use.

If someone wanted to give me a Porsche, I'd take it. I'm not out there wanting or needing a car, it's impractical.

And think of all the money you'd save on public transportation every year if you simply had a road machine. Plus, you wouldn't have to sit with a bunch of the shady characters that frequent subways; it would just be you in your car while listening to the music that you love so much. Orale!

I've got an iPod and a lack of concern for people around me, trains and buses are fine. It's not just about saving cash, it's about practicality, you'd understood if you lived here.

I can walk to the nearest cinema in 15 minutes. My dad would have to take actual roads there, and it'd take longer.

-AC

BackFire
AC, you should get a car, as Homer Simpson said, public transportation is for losers. And Homer is the ultimate authority on all things.

Besides, you can't look very Bond-like and suave when you're sitting on a shitty bus between some homeless guy and some psychopath going downtown to pick up his "fun towels", and across from some weirdo talking to himself about the Vietnam war.

RedAlertv2
Since I couldnt pick just one, heres my favorites of 06

Protest the Hero - Kezia
Tool - 10000 Days
Audioslave - Revelations

Meh. Most of my music purchases this year were pre-06 albums.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
I don't think any other album can beat 10,000 Days, to be honest. There are other excellent albums, but it's a foregone conclusion. Unless Radiohead pull something out of the bag in the next month, which they won't.

Stadium Arcadium and Revelations are both better than 10,000 Days.

Fact.

Quiero Mota
That's remarkably insecure and I feel sorry for you.

Being a car enthusiast makes a man insecure? Right.

Then why make such silly comments as CDs are worthless pieces of plastic?

I said they're overpriced, not "worthless". Two enirely different words.

You own a car partially because you think you have to

No, I own one because I know I have to, ey. I need one in in order to function in my day-to-day life when commuting across the many miles of the Phoenix Metropolitan Area. It would make no sense to walk over a mile to the nearest grocery store and carry back all my bags on foot.

"...Every hard working American man should have a car."

-the great Henry Ford

If someone wanted to give me a Porsche

thumb up Nice! What's your favorite Porsche model?

Me: the 1998 Porsche 996 Carerra-S.

BackFire
I have a car, not because I should, or because I want to be a man, but because I hate public transportation, and like to have freedom to drive where I want when I want, and not have to go by the shitty bus schedule. For me it's nothing more than a way to get from point a to point b as quickly as possible.

Quiero Mota
Originally posted by BackFire
For me it's nothing more than a way to get from point a to point b as quickly as possible.

Well of course. That was the idea behind the invention.

Nellinator
To be fair, AC is right when he says that a car is a waste in London. The fines to drive downtown and elsewhere make it useless.

Bardock42

reggie_jax
cars suck

ANY SELF RESPECTIN MAN KNOWZ ABOUT CARZ

what a **** view on self respect..

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Originally posted by BackFire
I have a car, not because I should, or because I want to be a man, but because I hate public transportation, and like to have freedom to drive where I want when I want, and not have to go by the shitty bus schedule. For me it's nothing more than a way to get from point a to point b as quickly as possible.

Think of the O-O-O-Zone, man. Think of that, man. Think of that.

Victor Von Doom
Originally posted by Ya Krunk'd Floo
Stadium Arcadium and Revelations are both better than 10,000 Days.

Fact.

In other news: Spurs are good.

Bardock42

They are. One of the best nowadays. Won the Championship thrice in the last 7 years.

Alpha Centauri
Being a car enthusiast makes a man insecure? Right.

I said they're overpriced, not "worthless". Two enirely different words.

No, I own one because I know I have to, ey. I need one in in order to function in my day-to-day life when commuting across the many miles of the Phoenix Metropolitan Area. It would make no sense to walk over a mile to the nearest grocery store and carry back all my bags on foot.

"...Every hard working American man should have a car."

-the great Henry Ford

thumb up Nice! What's your favorite Porsche model?

Me: the 1998 Porsche 996 Carerra-S.

I don't want a car, that about settles that.

Yes, you said it after I said it. Before you said they are irrelevant, because they don't have a wide enough scope. Didn't you?

No, I have always held this opinion. You simply took my wording far too literally. I said "They can't...", but I didn't mean they literally are incapable of having an opinion. You took it too literally.

I don't agree with you. What is your problem. I think I made my standpoint clear and it seems to be the opposite of the one you have.

AC: I think you can't have a decent scope if you only bought 2 or three albums this year.
Bardock: I think you have a sufficient scope for this thread if you only bought two or three albums this year.

What did you not get. I will try to help you out.

Well the fact is, two or three albums isn't really massive variation. My personal opinion is that it's a bit stupid entering this discussion with said limited scope, if you don't believe that's the case, then fine. They can do as they wish. They're not incapable, I just don't think it's the best option.

My points are clear, you're just trying to be silly.

That those are contradicting opinions, aren't they? They are. Aren't they. Floo? Are they? They are, right? We have different opinions and I believe mine is right in this case. Since it does not matter for this thread which is about "Your favourite Albums released in 2006" how many albums released in 2006 you heard as long as you heard one.

Of course they're not. You don't believe it matters how many albums someone has heard, and if we're being anally literal, you're correct, I never doubted that. When I said "They can't", I meant it from a practical sense.

If you are saying what your FAVOURITE album is, then you don't need to have heard more than one album, although I'd personally recommend that you do.

I was more talking to the people who come in and say "Nothing can touch..." so and so, without having heard more than one album. If you personally think an album is your favourite of the year, fine, but don't go saying it's better than any other album.

There's a difference between: "Evanescence was my favourite.", and "Evanescence new album is the best of all albums this year." if you actually didn't buy any others, because you have nothing to compare to.

I'm not sure why you're so upset about this. I merely said it was better, in my opinion, to have a scope of variation when discussing the years albums. You don't, I do.

Of course we don't need to argue. But I like to give reasons why I think as I think as I might be able to convince others to believe what I believe is right as well. And I wouldn't really say they are personal choices.
You say "I believe that a bigger scope is better", which I don't doubt you do, so I don't disagree with that you believe it. I disagree with what you believe. Which I find wrong as it is of no matter in this thread.

The difference is that you wish to try and convince others to think as you do. I'd rather not do that.

Ok, so you disagree with me saying a bigger scope is better, in my opinion. What now? You've told me you disagree and why, I've told you many times why I believe as I do. What's left to debate? If all of this is because you're trying to convince me to think as you do, which I now realise it is, then you should stop.

Wow, wow, easy there cowboy. You didn't prove anything. You tried to twist my words. But I assume it is obvious that a) there is a disagreement and b) that I am right.

A) There's no right or wrong on this issue, they're personal choices. I can simply counter you by saying that I disagree, and the only thing you can do is try to make me agree with you, which isn't going to happen.

B) You make the idiotic mistake of not only explaining your disagreement, but trying to debate with a view to making others agree. If you take the stance that you believe you are factually correct on all counts, then I feel sorry for you.

-AC

Bardock42
You are right, there is nothing left to debate. We both made out points clear. No need to argue anymore. Lets get back to the topic.

My favourite this year, I decided, is indeed....

Morrissey's Ringleader of the Tormentors.

reggie_jax
too $hort - da $hort factor
method man - tical 5.63: raiders of da lost ark
dr. dre - detox
biggie n tupac - bruvaz in ressurrexion (da prequel)
the fugees feat lauryn hill - lauryns solo (feat lauryn hill)

Solo
Liars- Drum's Not Dead
Sonic Youth- Rather Ripped
Tool- 10,000 Days
Girl Talk- Night Ripper
Bright Eyes- Noise Floor
Sufjan Stevens- The Avalanche

vanice

Ya Krunk'd Floo

Finally, you've started speaking sense.

Victor Von Doom
Oh, I am, am I? Is that what you think? Well if that's what you think, I have something to tell you. Something which may shock and discredit you. And that thing is as follows. I'm not wearing a tie at all.

jaden101
Oh, I am, am I? Is that what you think? Well if that's what you think, I have something to tell you. Something which may shock and discredit you. And that thing is as follows. I'm not wearing a tie at all.

reported

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by jaden101
reported

Outers.

-AC

B dot Rob
Either

Lupe Fiasco - Food and Liquor

or

Ludacris - Release Therapy

Tptmanno1
Tool's 10,000 days definitly.
And I have bought alot of new albums this year, More than usual, Tower Records going out of buisness has really helped my collection.
On a related note, has anyone heard the new deftones yet? I saw a review about it in Rolling Stone and I was wondering what you think about it, because you know you really can't trust Rolling Stone for good reviews...

Lana
I quite like the new Deftones a lot, personally.

jaden101
Outers.

-AC

not tonight thanks

Victor Von Doom
Originally posted by jaden101
reported

Don't worry, I told Matt Groening I was going to say it.

Originally posted by Tptmanno1
Tool's 10,000 days definitly.
And I have bought alot of new albums this year, More than usual, Tower Records going out of buisness has really helped my collection.
On a related note, has anyone heard the new deftones yet? I saw a review about it in Rolling Stone and I was wondering what you think about it, because you know you really can't trust Rolling Stone for good reviews...

It's rather good.

BackFire

Lionel Hutz, we hardly knew ye.

Ya Krunk'd Floo

But you're wearing a smile, aren't you? Just a sweet little smile...

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by Ya Krunk'd Floo
But you're wearing a smile, aren't you? Just a sweet little smile...

Some paedoged.

-AC

reggie_jax
audioslave

minor

mobb deep

major

Eis
Peeping Tom takes the gold for me, closely followed by The Eraser though.

marvelprince
I thought it was a pretty slow year for hip hop actually. Jay-Z, Nas, Clipse and Snoop looking to change that by years end though. So far my top albums this year are

Gnarls Barkley-St Elsewhere (so unique)
Justin Timberlake-Futuresex/Lovesounds (Timberland beats. Nuff said)
The Killers-Sam's Town
Clispe-Hell Hath No Fury (Neptunes beats and Clipse lyrics)
Lupe Fiasco-Food & Liquor (no real commercial appeal but for true hip hop fans)
Robin Thicke-The Evolution of Robin Thicke (something to groove to)

For the most part I enjoyed Kingdom Come but I felt it could have been better. Beach Chair produced and featuring Chris Martin from Coldplay was amazing though. One of the best songs of the year imo

B dot Rob
Upon second thought and a first listen

Young Jeezy - Thug Motivation 102: The Inspiration

best ****ing album of the year hands down.

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by Eis
Peeping Tom takes the gold for me, closely followed by The Eraser though.

Nice choices.

-AC

Phat J
I quite like the new Deftones a lot, personally.
whats it called?

Alpha Centauri
Saturday Night Wrist.

-AC

Phat J
thanks, thats the deftones right?

edit: nevermind, downloading as we speak.

reggie_jax
short term memory loss is a ***** isnt it you hippy scum??

Phat J
way to completely misunderstand what just went down, ya jackass.

reggie_jax
oooo.... pwnt...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.