Afterlife or Nnothing, what is more to your liking?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

debbiejo
Would you have happiness knowing that when you died that there would never be another thought that you would think, or a feeling that you could not feel. That all would end as would your consciousness and be as you have never have been.

Or would it give you happiness to think that there could be some sort of afterlife which you might not be able to imagine..It may be a Religious believe or may not, but the fact is that you would always have the "You", your thought your memories possible.

And just btw, if you feel that it might be better to never be again, but to perish, then that is also a denominations believe....secretly you are a believer. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Ah oh.........wrong forum

Bardock42
Originally posted by debbiejo
Would you have happiness knowing that when you died that there would never be another thought that you would think, or a feeling that you could not feel. That all would end as would your consciousness and be as you have never have been.

Or would it give you happiness to think that there could be some sort of afterlife which you might not be able to imagine..It may be a Religious believe or may not, but the fact is that you would always have the "You", your thought your memories possible.

And just btw, if you feel that it might be better to never be again, but to perish, then that is also a denominations believe....secretly you are a believer. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Ah oh.........wrong forum

What an incredibly biased thread.

So, if I knew there was an afterlife in the Christian believe I would get greater happiness from nothing after death than being tortured for eternity. Does that answer your question?

And no, to feel that something is better is not a belief.

debbiejo
Originally posted by Bardock42
What an incredibly biased thread.

So, if I knew there was an afterlife in the Christian believe I would get greater happiness from nothing after death than being tortured for eternity. Does that answer your question?

And no, to feel that something is better is not a belief. I didn't say tortured as in the christian belief, only that there was an after life.

xmarksthespot
I think I'll enjoy this life, rather than waste it worrying about what comes after it.

Bardock42
I didn't say tortured as in the christian belief, only that there was an after life.

Yes, that is a possible afterlife, is it not? I would prefer nothingness over that. So, Nothingness in that case. Of course a paradise would be nicer than nothingness. Also nicer than a hell.

But you said that atheists can not be as optimistic as Sceptics (which you pretended to be people that believe in an afterlife). That is wrong. This thread is a) a whole different point and b) an idiotic point. It is worthy to stand next to your other threads though, that much is for sure.

debbiejo
Well a nothingness would be prefer.able to hell, but if there is no hell, then what?

And not to worry about it, but something that sort of like evolution......things change into other forum, yet most athiest would belive there is no possiblity, so they die in knowing that there will never be another thought..........BORING!!!!

my thread is NOT stupid.........

Bardock42
Well a nothingness would be prefer.able to hell, but if there is no hell, then what?

And not to worry about it, but something that sort of like evolution......things change into other forum, yet most athiest would belive there is no possiblity, so they die in knowing that there will never be another thought.

my thread is NOT stupid.........

What then? Are you asking if people would rather life forever like it is now orvanish after their death? Most will probably want to continue to live (might be shitty in a few billion years, but hell, no one thinks that far).

What are you trying to prove?

Yes it (they) is (are) (usually).

debbiejo
I'm not trying to prove anything except that many Atheists will say they are happy with this. This is what the pole is about...Who would be content with their thought of inhalation after death?

Bardock42
I'm not trying to prove anything except that many Atheists will say they are happy with this. This is what the pole is about...Who would be content with their thought of inhalation after death?

Wow. You misuse words so severely that your posts become incomprehensible.

Soleran

LOL I read pole there and I thought answering this would mean you get the shaft, do you get it Debbie pole=shaft...............

Perhaps you would like folks to respond to your poll here and those interested can respond to my pole over here laughing

debbiejo
OH MY GOD.........HAHAHA.

Lana
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
I think I'll enjoy this life, rather than waste it worrying about what comes after it.

I have to say I agree with this.

Storm

If all consciousness ceases to exist at death, then you wouldn' t even be aware of this.

I don' t believe in an afterlife, and I' m comfortable with the nature of life and death, and that we come to an end.

Quiero Mota
I'm not a Godless nihilist, so I'll take the afterlife.

Council#13
There's an afterlife. yawn

Anyway, looking at the poll, I'd say it's better for a lot of people to have an afterlife. For those REALLY evil, it's better for them to have no afterlife.

The Pict
I pray there is an after life, just thinking about ending once and for all terrifies me.

Bardock42
Originally posted by The Pict
I pray there is an after life, just thinking about ending once and for all terrifies me. He hoped and prayed that there wasn't an afterlife. Then he realized there was a contradiction involved here and merely hoped that there wasn't an afterlife.

-Douglas Adams

Council#13
laughing out loud laughing laughing out loud

Ya Krunk'd Floo
I'll probably drive a really nice sports car. Red one. Something like that. Sell it after a couple of years, though.

debbiejo
So it's not a foreboding not worrying if there is an after life?

The Omega
To those of you who hope/pray/believe there is an afterlife...

Would it change anything for you, if you found out there isn't?

"Prepare to die, then you can prepare to live."
-- Anden, Danish Stand-Up Comedian

lord xyz
That poll is rediculous. All we know is not "extinguished" because we leave a mark when we die, I have met probably thousands of humans who know/remember me, they probably know what I think, believe act etc. therefore my existence is not extinguished unless you call the past extinguished aswell. Because that's what you become when you die, history.

Lyna303
Originally posted by The Omega
To those of you who hope/pray/believe there is an afterlife...

Would it change anything for you, if you found out there isn't?

"Prepare to die, then you can prepare to live."
-- Anden, Danish Stand-Up Comedian
wow, very good...

i think that sums it all up

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.