Thor & Valkyrie VS. He-Man & She-Ra

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Comicbook_kid
Thought this would make a very cool match-up...

Loki has opened a portal to Eternia and disquised as Thor, attacks Greyskull...then disappears. He then tricks a pursuing Thor and Valkyrie into walking thru a dimensional portal to Eternia...

...But upon Thor and Valkyrie's entrance thru the portal, he finds a very pissed off He-Man along with his sister She-Ra waiting for them. Mistaking Thor and Valkyrie for the real enemies, they start to battle in a battle that shakes the foundation of Eternia!!!!

So, who wins this battle?? Thor and Valkyrie or..........He-Man and She-Ra?!?!?!?

King Kandy
which valkyrie?

hunbu04
He man alone can take the both of them

Comicbook_kid
Originally posted by King Kandy
which valkyrie?

The classic version......like when she was with the Defenders for instance........

Comicbook_kid
Originally posted by King Kandy
which valkyrie?

What's the difference in the classic version and the current one?

Comicbook_kid
Originally posted by Comicbook_kid
What's the difference in the classic version and the current one?

Anyone???? confused

Comicbook_kid
Originally posted by hunbu04

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Adam_PoE
Valkyrie's endurance peaks after one hour of exerting energy, at which point she begins to be fatigued, and her ability level drops as compared to She-Ra who has a limitless supply of power from which to draw from.

DigiMark007
Originally posted by hunbu04

Not really.

Adam gets insane forum rep around here, but I actually have most of his comic appearences. For every instance of him doing something sweet, there's 4-5 of him with low showings that look like someone like Thor could destroy him with little trouble.

The PC Supes fight can only carry him so far....beyond that, he has very little that's even remotely close to any of Thor's showings (or anyone at that level).

Adam_PoE
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Not really.

Adam gets insane forum rep around here, but I actually have most of his comic appearences. For every instance of him doing something sweet, there's 4-5 of him with low showings that look like someone like Thor could destroy him with little trouble.

The PC Supes fight can only carry him so far....beyond that, he has very little that's even remotely close to any of Thor's showings (or anyone at that level).

If every feat of He-Man is astronomical, then there would be no conflict.

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Adam_PoE
If every feat of He-Man is astronomical, then there would be no conflict.

Right. But I've also seen instances of him getting decked by much less force than any herald could muster, struggling to absorb a few lightning bolts from a storm, things like that. Very little continuity of power.

He-Man's sweet as a character, but not a legitimate herald-threat if we're using the majority and/or average of his showings.

...and everyone loves citing the fight(s) with PC Supes (he showed up twice, though I think they only fought once). But they barely fought before teaming up, and the whole "Superman was scared of him" is from the cover of that issue...not exactly a credible source since covers often embellish and/or lie to entice the reader. And I haven't really seen more than a couple feats besides that fight that would put him on level with Superman. And I've seen a lot of evidence to the contrary, such as the stuff I referenced above.

Darth Macabre
Not really.

The PC Supes fight can only carry him so far....beyond that, he has very little that's even remotely close to any of Thor's showings (or anyone at that level). I agree with you....But as to the fight, you think Thor and Valkyrie win?

Adam_PoE
Right. But I've also seen instances of him getting decked by much less force than any herald could muster, struggling to absorb a few lightning bolts from a storm, things like that. Very little continuity of power.

Try poor continuity in terms of writing.

He-Man's sweet as a character, but not a legitimate herald-threat if we're using the majority and/or average of his showings.

With regard to his abilities, powers, skills, etc. He-Man is more than a legitimate threat. Moreover, He-Man can likely match Thor feat for feat.

...and everyone loves citing the fight(s) with PC Supes (he showed up twice, though I think they only fought once). But they barely fought before teaming up, and the whole "Superman was scared of him" is from the cover of that issue...not exactly a credible source since covers often embellish and/or lie to entice the reader. And I haven't really seen more than a couple feats besides that fight that would put him on level with Superman. And I've seen a lot of evidence to the contrary, such as the stuff I referenced above.

He-Man hurled the moon planet Phantos into orbit, a feat that certainly puts him on the level of Pre-Crisis Superman. When was the last time Thor hurled a planet-sized object into space?

Comicbook_kid
He-Man hurled the moon planet Phantos into orbit, a feat that certainly puts him on the level of Pre-Crisis Superman. When was the last time Thor hurled a planet-sized object into space?

I can recall an occurance when Thor lifted the Midgard Serpent which girds the entire Earth and holds the Ocean in place!!!! (Thor issue#272). I'd say this feat is just as impressive!!!

Adam_PoE
I can recall an occurance when Thor lifted the Midgard Serpent which girds the entire Earth and holds the Ocean in place!!!! (Thor issue#272). I'd say this feat is just as impressive!!!

It is one thing to lift a supremely heavy object, it is another to lift a supremely heavy object and hurl it into space.

DigiMark007
What's the issue where He-Man does this? Or better yet, a scan? I've heard it a lot, but have never actually seen it formally sited other than as a rumor.

Beyond that, like I said, of course there's some good feats for He-Man. The Supes fight isn't the only one. But for every good one he has, there's 4-5 horrible ones that make it seem like, say, Iron Man could beat him. And even many of his good showings aren't even herald-caliber.

He-Man gets a lot of hype around here, but I've yet to see or hear anything beyond speculation to convince me he'd beat Thor.

Badabing
Would the power of Greyskull be over Asgard?

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Darth Macabre
I agree with you....But as to the fight, you think Thor and Valkyrie win?

No clue actually. I don't know enough about She-Ra or Valkyrie. I'd assume She-Ra's basically HM as far as power set, but that doesn't help a whole lot.

Probably Thor/Valkyrie though. I'm of the mind that Thor could probably just solo the duo anyway.

Newjak
No clue actually. I don't know enough about She-Ra or Valkyrie. I'd assume She-Ra's basically HM as far as power set, but that doesn't help a whole lot.

Probably Thor/Valkyrie though. I'm of the mind that Thor could probably just solo the duo anyway. How about a BFR to another deminsion for the win

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Newjak
How about a BFR to another deminsion for the win

Thor doing that? Or He-Man? I've never seen HM pull it off so I'm assuming you mean Thor. Yeah, it's possible I suppose....but I really don't think he'd need it.

Newjak
Thor doing that? Or He-Man? I've never seen HM pull it off so I'm assuming you mean Thor. Yeah, it's possible I suppose....but I really don't think he'd need it. I was referring to She-Ra shifty stick out tongue

No I was talking about Thor and Yeah I agree Thor probably wouldn't need to

Jack Daniels
Thor challenges he-man to a drinking contest after a long fought battle that ended in a stalemate...winner gets both chics....he-man fails to realize powerdrinking is one of Thors many super powers....He-man passes out and Thor takes She-Ra as his asgardian concubine.
End of Line

Adam_PoE
What's the issue where He-Man does this? Or better yet, a scan? I've heard it a lot, but have never actually seen it formally sited other than as a rumor.

Beyond that, like I said, of course there's some good feats for He-Man. The Supes fight isn't the only one. But for every good one he has, there's 4-5 horrible ones that make it seem like, say, Iron Man could beat him. And even many of his good showings aren't even herald-caliber.

He-Man gets a lot of hype around here, but I've yet to see or hear anything beyond speculation to convince me he'd beat Thor.

I believe he does this in "Eternal Darkness."

Adam_PoE
I'm of the mind that Thor could probably just solo the duo anyway.

Based on what?

Comicbook_kid
Call me crazy, but I think a major deciding factor in this battle would be She-Ra's sword and how she uses it. Her sword is actually the most versatile and powerful weapon in the fight. Her sword can transform into other weapons; not just a sword all the time like He-Man's. Her sword can become a shield, staff, chain, lasso, helmet, parachute, flaming sword, etc....as well as a variety of other weapons. I realize Thor can do a great many of things with Mjolnir, but She-Ra's sword is just as cool and can do almost as many things as the hammer can do.

I personally see this as a very close fight. Thor can call upon all the energies of Asgard and Odin; He-Man has the Sorceress and the Elders of Greyskull in his corner.

Strength wise it's too close to call...but He-Man is probably the stronger of the two (he is afterall the most powerful man in the universe); BUT Thor has tons more battle experience and thousands of years of victories, fights, wars, etc...under his belt. Same with the females. She-Ra is definately stronger and has the better weapon, but Valkyrie definately has more experience and skill.

Adam_PoE
Call me crazy, but I think a major deciding factor in this battle would be She-Ra's sword and how she uses it. Her sword is actually the most versatile and powerful weapon in the fight. Her sword can transform into other weapons; not just a sword all the time like He-Man's. Her sword can become a shield, staff, chain, lasso, helmet, parachute, flaming sword, etc....as well as a variety of other weapons. I realize Thor can do a great many of things with Mjolnir, but She-Ra's sword is just as cool and can do almost as many things as the hammer can do.

While often under-utilized, the Sword of Power has transformational abilities as well.

DigiMark007
Based on what?

Based on my entire argument in this thread, and the fact that He-Man seems to have major durability issues and lots of poor showings, regardless of what his strength and sword may or may not be able to do. Eventually the averages mean something, even if he has a few feats here and there that are herald-esque.

I'm a big HM fan too, so I'm not trying to hate on your boy. But he's out of his league, and has been talked up way too much on this forum.

Also, what company was He-Man with during that arc you mentioned (with the moon-chucking feat)??

Adam_PoE
Based on my entire argument in this thread, and the fact that He-Man seems to have major durability issues and lots of poor showings, regardless of what his strength and sword may or may not be able to do. Eventually the averages mean something, even if he has a few feats here and there that are herald-esque.

I'm a big HM fan too, so I'm not trying to hate on your boy. But he's out of his league, and has been talked up way too much on this forum.

Also, what company was He-Man with during that arc you mentioned (with the moon-chucking feat)??

Your entire argument consists of "because I think so." Since you are considering the entirety of the showings of a character, then you must also consider the time Thor was defeated and had his powers and mantle usurped by ordinary reporter, Roger Norvell.

DigiMark007
Your entire argument consists of "because I think so." Since you are considering the entirety of the showings of a character, then you must also consider the time Thor was defeated and had his powers and mantle usurped by ordinary reporter, Roger Norvell.

Thor's been defeated by cosmic beings....I'm sure there was some sort of plot device involved if someone like you or me beat him. He-Man's been punked by Tri-Clops with a sword, a few flashes of lightning, etc.

no expression

So yes, "I think so" is valid when we have oodles of feats for Thor that put his durability, skills, strength, power, etc. at a herald level. The same can't be said for He-Man until proven otherwise....which can't be done with 1-2 feats among a bunch of mediocre ones.

...if I have to face He-Man in the herald tourney I'll be scanning a bunch of my He-Man stuff to make this exact point, so if it happens I'll be sure to show some of it in here.

Adam_PoE
Thor's been defeated by cosmic beings....I'm sure there was some sort of plot device involved if someone like you or me beat him. He-Man's been punked by Tri-Clops with a sword, a few flashes of lightning, etc.

no expression

Again, Thor was defeated and had his powers and mantle usurped by an ordinary reporter.

He-Man has never been defeated by, let alone had his powers and mantle usurped by an ordinary man. In fact, he has never had his powers or mantle usurped by anyone.

So yes, "I think so" is valid when we have oodles of feats for Thor that put his durability, skills, strength, power, etc. at a herald level. The same can't be said for He-Man until proven otherwise....which can't be done with 1-2 feats among a bunch of mediocre ones.

...if I have to face He-Man in the herald tourney I'll be scanning a bunch of my He-Man stuff to make this exact point, so if it happens I'll be sure to show some of it in here.

In "Taking of Grayskull," He-Man not only lifted Castle Grayskull, but hurled it with sufficient force to exceed the gravitational pull of a white hole.

In "Trouble In Arcadia," He-Man lifted an entire city.

In "Stone City," He-Man moved an entire mountain range.

In "Eternal Darkness," He-Man hurled a planet into orbit.

In "She-Demon of Phantos," He-Man broke chains fashioned out of an indestructable mineral.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.