AotC Anakin vs RotJ Luke

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Martin
No tapping into that dark side. Fights where Dooku kicked Obi Wan and Anakins *** in AotC.

Darth Subjekt
Anakin....form baseball bat wont stack up against Anakin.

Council#13
Luke did pretty well in mirroring Vader's moves in ESB. I know Vader wasn't trying to kill him, but still...

braz
i say AOTC Anakin takes it. the lightsaber sequences in the new star wars movies were much more complex.

Council#13
Do you mean the choreographing or the fighting techniques of the PT Jedi?

Crado
Anakin, easily. He has better precision, better technique, he's faster, stronger, and he's stronger with the force.

darthsith19
Luke wins. He defeated Boba fett easily, Anakin would have a hard time defeating him. He defeated Vader, even though Vader wasn't trying to hurt him that's still better than Anakin could do, Luke took out all of Jabba's thugs at once and he even attacked Black Sun HQ and survived. He can even levitate hismelf using the Force, and is far smarter than Anakin. What did Anakin do? get pwnd by Dooku? No, Luke wins.

Council#13
Luke beat Vader in ROTJ though using the Dark Side. This fight is no tapping into the Dark Side.

Darth Martin
Originally posted by Council#13
Luke beat Vader in ROTJ though using the Dark Side. This fight is no tapping into the Dark Side. wink

Darth Martin
I would say Anakin wins. He's better at dueling and is stronger w/ the force.

Prodigal Knight
ROTJ Luke I would say is somewhere between Maul and Qui-Gon Jinn, more closer to Maul. I would say with some difficulty provided by Skywalker that he takes this fight.

darthsith19
Originally posted by Council#13
Luke beat Vader in ROTJ though using the Dark Side. This fight is no tapping into the Dark Side.
Even before he used the Dark Side he was winning (remember him kicking Vader down the stairs?).

kamikz
Yup, and I don't remember if it was a comic or the novelisation that stated, "unlike the fight in the cloud city, this was a battle between EQUALS".

Prodigal Knight
True, but Luke's not on Vader's level. However, he's not far off, probably close to Maul. I would say he's around Plo Koon's level.

Darth_Glentract
Luke takes this. He's rather good by ROTJ. I can definately see him downing Anakin. I wouldn't be at all surprised if he could take Obi-wan at this point.

Gideon
Originally posted by Darth_Glentract
Luke takes this. He's rather good by ROTJ. I can definately see him downing Anakin. I wouldn't be at all surprised if he could take Obi-wan at this point.

Without speaking blasphemy, AotC Obi-Wan > AotC Anakin? Anakin sure as hell performed much better against Dooku, overall, than Obi-Wan.

Faunus
You mean getting blasted into a wall in the first second of the fight? Or was it when he lost his second saber, then his arm? I dunno, I thought Obi-Wan fared much better in the end.

Darth Martin
Originally posted by darthsith19
Luke wins. He defeated Boba fett easily, Anakin would have a hard time defeating him. He defeated Vader, even though Vader wasn't trying to hurt him that's still better than Anakin could do, Luke took out all of Jabba's thugs at once and he even attacked Black Sun HQ and survived. He can even levitate hismelf using the Force, and is far smarter than Anakin. What did Anakin do? get pwnd by Dooku? No, Luke wins. Luke beat Vader by tappiung into the Dark Side. That is forbidden in this thread, and RotJ Luke would not have beaten Dooku. RotJ Luke is still inferior to AotC Obi Wan.

zephiel7
I say ROTJ Luke beats Anakin. He was able to defeat several hired killers from the black sun, defeat a majority of Jabba's personal guards singlehandedly, and even gain the upperhand against Darth Vader without tapping into the darkside (noticed by how he kicks Vader down the flight of stairs.) His combat abilities by this point are rather formidable.

Given all this, I haven't seen anything in AOTC that puts Anakin on Luke's level.

Gideon
Somebody took his 'act-like-an-ass' pills this morning. But, hey. Got no problem treating you like an idiot, too.

Originally posted by Faunus
You mean getting blasted into a wall in the first second of the fight? Or was it when he lost his second saber, then his arm? I dunno, I thought Obi-Wan fared much better in the end.

Or... you could watch the fight. He lasted longer against Dooku than Obi-Wan did. Dooku completely toyed with Obi-Wan without any difficulty.

The novelization even states that Anakin wasn't beaten so easily the second time around, which is how the databank words it, exactly.

zephiel7
Originally posted by Gideon
Somebody took his 'act-like-an-ass' pills this morning. But, hey. Got no problem treating you like an idiot, too.

Or... you could watch the fight. He lasted longer against Dooku than Obi-Wan did. Dooku completely toyed with Obi-Wan without any difficulty.

The novelization even states that Anakin wasn't beaten so easily the second time around, which is how the databank words it, exactly.

But you have to keep in mind by opening himself up more to press the offensive against Dooku, he ended up losing a lot more in the process. An arm to be precise.

Gideon
Originally posted by zephiel7
But you have to keep in mind by opening himself up more to press the offensive against Dooku, he ended up losing a lot more in the process. An arm to be precise.

That is true. But, for example, Mace lost his life when he attacked Sidious. Yoda managed to flee. Which one of them fought better against Sidious? Mace.

The point was that he was the more difficult opponent to overcome, and he got more serious against Anakin than against Obi-Wan.

zephiel7
Originally posted by Gideon
The point was that he was the more difficult opponent to overcome, and he got more serious against Anakin than against Obi-Wan.

Inasmuch as the difficulty was a consequence of Anakin assuming a more aggressive stance rather than a real bridge in combat ability. Anakin's initial aggresiveness earned him a blast of lightning that sent him at least 30 feet in the opposite direction. Who fared better in that round of combat? Definately Obi Wan. Kenobi calmly deflected the blast and pressed the duel.

In the end he made Dooku sweat less, but he also lost a lot less in the process because he was playing it defensively. It was a different style of combat, not necessarily Kenobi being weaker.

Gideon
The difficulty was a consequence of Dooku being less prepared or capable to deal with aggressive assaults from someone with the raw power that Anakin has.

This was underlined quite plainly in his fight against Yoda (both of them) and his sparring with General Grievous - as well as his death scene in RotS. He isn't particularly skilled at finding an advantage against those who possess overwhelming speed, power, or both.

Anakin's initial aggressiveness was a consequence of irrational thinking, which was supported by the fact that he had never faced a Sith Lord - much less any opponent prior who was as skilled as Count Dooku.

Obi-Wan was completely and utterly dominated. Dooku wasn't even trying, taunting. He comfortably beat Anakin as well, but gave more ground and it took longer.

zephiel7

Gideon
Originally posted by zephiel7
His reprisals against inexperienced attackers who use more reckless attacks are quite brutal as opposed to those that use a calm and thought out approach to combat, as indicated when Anakin Got his arm cut off

I never said that Anakin did anything to him. I said he did more than Obi-Wan did.

The novelization and databank disagree. They both agreed that he had more skill, but Anakin wasn't easily beaten the second time around. He was the greater threat, Zephiel. I am sorry if you disagree.

I never said he fought brilliantly.

Obi-Wan unleashes nothing. Dooku completely dominated him, from beginning to finish. He goes down quicker, and easier. I suppose my analogies with Yoda and Mace regarding Sidious did absolutely nothing for you?

No. He fought against a Sith Lord before. Anakin did not.

All this being said, if your definition of "fighting better" means to go down with much less difficulty and in much less time, then Obi-Wan is by far the superior opponent.

zephiel7
And that makes him fight better? If Anakin lost as Obi Wan did, then I understand your point. But he did not, he lost a lot more than Obi Wan. I admit that neither of the duo fought particularly well against Dooku, but to say that Anakin was better than Kenobi because he sacrificed defense for offense is absurd.

Well the comics seem to disagree with you. Anakin "recklessly attacks," loses his arm, and gets blasted by lightning initially. Obi Wan calmly deflects the lightning, and gets downed, but not quite as badly.

What the? I never said you said that...

Your analogy is faulty. The two don't compare. You are ignoring the fact that Anakin came out of nowhere and slashed off Mace's hand and that Mace had Sidious on his ass without comprimising his defense or by "recklessly" attacking.

Maul? A sith lord? I always though Sidious was the sith lord, and Maul was his apprentice...Anyways, I must of left my glasses back home when I saw the movie, since I never saw Maul use a blast of lightning during the entire thing. Both Anakin and Kenobi were new to defending against the technique. Kenobi simply fought better in that round because he thought things through.

Irrelevant. You were assuming that Anakin was above Obi Wan at this point. He sacrificed his position for offense and got his ass totally handed back to him. Obi Wan played it calm, deflected the lightning, got downed but did not lose quite as much in the process. They both fought equally well.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.