Be Kind Rewind

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Wolfie
I'm always against movies starring Jack Black. He's funny in small doses (Orange County, Saving Silverman).

But "Be Kind Rewind" sounds kinda funny. It's a spoof movie apparently where Jack Black works at a video store and accidently erases a chunk of movies (VHS - old technology). To make sure his boss doesn't notice, he remakes them all.

A couple examples of movies they do are Superman (though the title will be changed, copyrights I guess), a Muhammad Ali documentary, and Ghostbusters.

I'll wait for a trailer to decide if it's worth getting excited about but this sounds promising.

SnakeEyes
The concept of this film seems pretty dated.

Wolfie
Of course, being that we don't rewind DVDs. Ignoring that detail, I find it to be an amusing concept.

Solo
I've been aware of this for quite somtime. Sounds fantastic, love Black and Gondry.

Kram3r
Originally posted by Wolfie
I'll wait for a trailer to decide if it's worth getting excited about but this sounds promising.

I think Jack Black is pretty cool at times but I think that says it for me. I think it does seem like a fun and cool (in a retro kind of way) idea but kinda sounds iffy. I mean, really, couldn't he have bought the movies on tape and replaced the erased tapes? erm

Strangelove
like Snake said, dated. But still, a great concept, and I love Michele Gondry

Solo
Originally posted by SnakeEyes
The concept of this film seems pretty dated.
Dated? Let's ignore the fact that VHS stopped being made some three years ago, or so. Calling it dated, as if it were a long time ago, is silly.

shugie99
I have not heard of this but I like Jack Black so I might have to check this out!....has anyone seen his spiel on Piracy saw it on Youtube....I thought he was going to say something else but hey it was funny and he got a message across! love that guy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-LkWKvMCzqA

SnakeEyes
Originally posted by Solo
Dated? Let's ignore the fact that VHS stopped being made some three years ago, or so. Calling it dated, as if it were a long time ago, is silly.

I didn't mean to insinuate that it was VERY dated or anything... I guess I should have phrased it differently to make it more clear.

But the concept of the film IS dated.

And like Kramer said, couldn't Black just buy the movies over again instead of going through all the work to refilm them? laughing out loud

redcaped
I know what will replace chapter menu but I won't tell till I get something in exchange.

The Core
Silly premise, in my opinion. There are certain "extremes" you don't necessarily take into account when making a movie, for the sake of entertainment. That said, going to great lengths to "re-enact" and tape movies that were erased for an old lady that suffers from dementia? Regardless of how visionary Michel Gondry may be, it just seems like another avenue to show off his cooky approach to filmmaking, and it'll show when, once again, he can only attract his arthouse gang, and Jack Black fans.

It just sounds too desperate and complicated a plot to actually work to be filmed the way it's intended.

Wolfie
Originally posted by Solo
Actually, Fantastic Four, Stealth, War of the Worlds all hit VHS. VHS wasn't widely made but it was still being made up until earlier this year.

Originally posted by SnakeEyes
And like Kramer said, couldn't Black just buy the movies over again instead of going through all the work to refilm them? laughing out loud
Even if they're VHS and you can't buy those anymore?

The Core
If we're going to analize the damn thing, you can find VHS tapes at pretty much any pawn shop, or eBay.

Mairuzu
This came out today right? Going to go see it if it has

exanda kane
Saw it yesterday. The concept is great, Michel Gondry is great, Mos Def is great, even Jack Black can be bearable, but the film just isn't that fun. The best scenes are those where they re-film films, but the plot is weak and the conclusion pretty poo.

It didn't satisfy me.

Mairuzu
how many movies did they re-make ?

exanda kane
It's a bit of a montage (fantastic editing btw) erm, I'll shove spoiler tags in "just in case."

Ghostbusters, Men In Black, Rush Hour 2, Robo Cop are the only ones I remember.

super pr*xy
driving miss daisy, king kong, something about an umbrella...

Impediment
I try very hard to avoid any film starring Jack Black.

Blax_Hydralisk
Sexist.

papabeard
Id like to see this

Mairuzu
Wasn't as good as i hoped it would be, but i liked it

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.