Kramer a Racist?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Madvillain
http://www.smh.com.au/news/people/kramers-racist-rant/2006/11/21/1163871369612.html

Awesome. Although, I think the negros making jest of him was a tad bit excessive. Thorougly deserved. Don't you think?

Fishy
And in another thread you just said racists don't exist.. So according to you he can't be a racists...

And I don't know if he's a racists, might just have had a bad day or something. It was uncalled for though.

Madvillain
Well I didn't label him racist did I? That word isn't applicable in this case. Like you said- he was just having a bad day! Makes it perfectly fine to spout racist slurs at those people.

Morning_Glory
weep I think Kramer was a little drunk.. but its so disgusting what he said...

Espantada23
He definately was not in Cosmo Kramer form...Michael must have been buzzing.

Fishy
Originally posted by Madvillain
Well I didn't label him racist did I? That word isn't applicable in this case. Like you said- he was just having a bad day! Makes it perfectly fine to spout racist slurs at those people.

You asked if he was a racist.... Making it very possible for him to be one, something you in another thread said wasn't possible.

And of course that doesn't make it okay to do that, I said it was uncalled for...

Bardiel13
While the "retort" was in poor taste, it's unbelievably rude to taunt people on stage. Those guys were asking for it.

Kinneary
Without knowing the context, you can't make any judgements.

Of course, I'm one of those people who thinks ****** isn't something that should be black-exclusive, and sees nothing wrong with a white man saying it if every other race can.

BackFire
It's just good comedy. Besides, they called him a Cracker afterwards, so they're even now.

WrathfulDwarf
You guys can watch the video here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UomfLKQr57U

(Be aware that there is some material that maybe offensive to some of you)

The place was going nuts!

FeceMan
Strong in this one the LOL is.

KidRock
Nevermind the countless black comedians that say the word "cracka" and make fun of the "honkey white folk" it's just funny comedy

but he said ni**er?!?! RACIST!!

FeceMan
Jerry Seinfeld's a stupid culture whore.

He was "sick over this." What bullshit.

Kinneary
At first most people thought it was a joke. I think he just tried to take it too far, not that he's a racist.

WrathfulDwarf
I was waiting for him to pull the line:

"How many black men does it take to rob a liquor store?"

Morning_Glory
he's gonna be on Letterman tonight... is anyone gonna watch it and tell us details.. because I dont have TV sad

'SEINFELD' MELTDOWN: KRAMER ON LETTERMAN TO EXPLAIN OUTBURST

http://www.drudgereport.com/

DRUDGE READER: 'I'm in the audience for tonight's David Letterman show and they just had Michael Richards on via satellite during Seinfeld's interview to discuss his on-stage tirade. He apologized and expressed remorse at his own behavior. He seemed genuinely upset and embarrassed'... MORE...

Impediment
How many black comedians say the word "cracker" and "honky" onstage and constantly mock white peoples speech and dance style? All Richards did was get angry at two dumb ass hecklers who were rude. Seems like a BIIIIIIG double standard, to me.

Morning_Glory
Originally posted by Impediment
How many black comedians say the word "cracker" and "honky" onstage and constantly mock white peoples speech and dance style? All Richards did was get angry at two dumb ass hecklers who were rude. Seems like a BIIIIIIG double standard, to me. true...

Imperial_Samura
Hmmmm. Well, actually being requires a racist a certain mind set, a world view. The things he said can be seen as racist, because they have racist connotations. However I haven't seen any indication of the man himself that he fosters an actual racist mind set. I would assume it wouldn't have mattered if the hecklers had been white, or Asian or anything, he likely would have responded in a similar, over the top fashion, just with different words.

Should he apologise? Of course, what he said was over the line. But I would be wary of classifying him a racist.

Though I must wonder - he is a seasoned comedian, and one of the first rules for being a comedian is about having a thick skin and dealing with hecklers. Loosing it like that seems a bit out of character.

Deathstroke
I just watched his apology on Letterman. He didn't seem to have his thoughts together really. It seemed like he knew that went really far over the line, but he couldn't speak his mind very clearly. He did make it a point to say that he was definitely not a racist, and that he apologizes. I'd imagine he'll have a more formal apology in a day or so after he gets it together. I just can't believe Kramer would go off like that.

Morning_Glory
here is the link to the letterman show - with Michael Richard's apology

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1aJWPuzpZy0&eurl=

Strangelove
How many black comedians say the word "cracker" and "honky" onstage and constantly mock white peoples speech and dance style? All Richards did was get angry at two dumb ass hecklers who were rude. Seems like a BIIIIIIG double standard, to me. absolutely true

reggie_jax
propz to kramer...

Madvillain
props kramer. we love you.

PVS
im not sure how to feel about this. it was way over the line to say what he said, but at the same time i believe certain assholes need to be shaken to their core and have the cool knocked right out of them. i've met a few women over my life who need to be called a c***. way over the line, i know, but a word can sometimes have the power to piss someone off just as much as they intentionally pissed you off. but at the same time, you dont go around calling women c***s (if you're curious, the word is "crabs" wink )

my point: although he made an ass out of himself, he did manage to piss off those assholes in turn, and they deserved it. i am also happy that he did not apologise directly to the hecklers and i hope that he wont. **** them.

at the same time though, i must admit it was kinda sickening the way he went off...i would have been happy if he just dove in the crowd and kicked that obnoxious jerkjob in the head...oh well

LordFear
wow that blew me away!!!!
Damn thats a hard pill to swallow

dirkdirden
And now we know why there weren't many black people on sinfield....... That also explains why he dressed up like a ghost on halloween.

Morning_Glory
Originally posted by dirkdirden
And now we know why there weren't many black people on sinfield....... That also explains why he dressed up like a ghost on halloween. that doesnt explain anything

dirkdirden
Originally posted by Morning_Glory
that doesnt explain anything

Yes it explains it all. KKKramer.

Mr. Sandman
Kramer shouldn't apologize to anyone. Like he's the first person to think that shit? Get real. and those asshats in the crowd were heckling the night before too. In fact, they regularly attend that club and heckle the performer. Kramer just wasn't going to take their crap that night.

Go Kramer.

More people need to see Chris Rock's "******* vs Black People" to fully understand how ****** is used these days anyway.

Morgoths_Wrath
I don't know if I buy the whole "double standard" argument in this situation. Yeah, Richards was being heckled, and those guys were being assholes, but the racist remarks were not justified. They were not a part of his act, they were ment to hurt the people who were heckling him in the worst way he knew how, verbally anyway. They hurt a lot of other people, however, and I do think that it was in bad taste. This is a much different situation than if a black comedian says the word cracker during his show. Richards called them n****** because he was really pissed and wanted to hurt those people, NOT because he was racist. That does not justify his actions, however. It was in bad taste and uncalledfor.

I do, however, think that there is a major difference between n****** and black people, but Mr. Kramer was not making any distinction in his rantings.

Victor Von Doom
I wonder why people go to shows to heckle, anyway.

I think he tried to pull the Lenny Bruce angle at the end, but the manner in which he did it was a mixture of the intellectual point, and his genuine anger. As a result, it came out very badly. He lost the crowd.

Kinneary
Originally posted by Mr. Sandman
Kramer shouldn't apologize to anyone. Like he's the first person to think that shit? Get real. and those asshats in the crowd were heckling the night before too. In fact, they regularly attend that club and heckle the performer. Kramer just wasn't going to take their crap that night.

Go Kramer.

More people need to see Chris Rock's "******* vs Black People" to fully understand how ****** is used these days anyway.
How do you know that? It wasn't in the article I read, but if it's true, that pretty much vindicates him (in my mind).

Quiero Mota
How many black comedians say the word "cracker" and "honky" onstage and constantly mock white peoples speech and dance style? All Richards did was get angry at two dumb ass hecklers who were rude. Seems like a BIIIIIIG double standard, to me.

Exactly, homes. Quite frankly I dont blame him porque you have these 2 ass-holes making a mockery of his performance who need to be put in their place. Richards should have never apologized.

And why does everyone keep calling him "Kramer"? That's just the name his character, who's show has been cancelled for almost a decade.

Kinneary
Because he's Kramer. Does anyone care about Screech's real name either?

manjaro
too bad, i actually liked kramer most of all the other charcters...i i just loved how he tried to salvage it, ny making it look like he was doing a PSA..like oh this shocks you...im just trying to educate man.. but that dude done lost his damn mind

Morning_Glory
Originally posted by Kinneary
Because he's Kramer. Does anyone care about Screech's real name either? exactly... he IS Kramer...

i still love the show Seinfeld and will still love Kramer's character

heru
Kramer is a racist. He revealed it, when he spoke his mind on stage in front of the world. When a person is angry, there true character comes to light. The right buttons were pushed, and he revealed it. Him apologizing means nothing. The damage is already done. I'm not mad at him, because now I see him for who he really is. All we need now, is to get a few others on the stage and see if they'll take the bait as well. tabletalk

Robtard
People throw the word "racist" around in her like it's nothing... Saying "nig#er", "ch!nk", "cr@cker", k!ke" etc. etc. etc. doesn't make one a racist, everyone at one point or another out or sheer anger or frustration has said some derogatory insult or term. Being factually racist requires a strict belief system in actually believing that all people of a certain different color, ethnicity, creed or whatever are inferior to yourself/others.

Watching the video, Richards said those words specifically to piss that guy(s) off, because he knew those words would do the trick. He wasn't going on a hate flinging rampage just for the hell of it.

Tonnochi
Where is the video of him saying this???

Victor Von Doom
Originally posted by heru
When a person is angry, there true character comes to light.

Quite the opposite, in many cases.

Morning_Glory
Originally posted by Tonnochi
Where is the video of him saying this??? both videos are posted in this thread

one of his actual comedy act

and then one of his apology

Morning_Glory
Originally posted by Morning_Glory
here is the link to the letterman show - with Michael Richard's apology

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1aJWPuzpZy0&eurl=

this one works:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3l-gRHjUNk

BackFire
Originally posted by Victor Von Doom
Quite the opposite, in many cases.

True, true, Mr Doom.

FistOfThe North
Fcuk Kramer, his apology and fcuk white racist people. (if you're white and not racist the comment does not refer to you.)

If I'm not mistaken, the predominantly white crowd can be heard cheering at KKKramer's racial rants. Just goes to show that racism is still alive in the future, in the U.S., and doing well.

Sure the hecklers were asking for it but Kramer could've hid his inborn and inherent racism like most whites do when in public, and said something else beside the inherent White Anti-Black racism.

Fcuk you and all your white racists supporters Kramer. Apology denied you schizophrenic, xenophobic arse-whore. You suck at comedy too.

Darth Macabre
Originally posted by FistOfThe North
Fcuk Kramer, his apology and fcuk white racist people. (if you're white and not racist the comment does not refer to you.)

If I'm not mistaken, the predominantly white crowd can be heard cheering at KKKramer's racial rants. Just goes to show that racism is still alive in the future, in the U.S., and doing well.

Sure the hecklers were asking for it but Kramer could've hid his inborn and inherent racism like most whites do when in public, and said something else beside the inherent White Anti-Black racism.

Fcuk you and all your white racists supporters Kramer. Apology denied you schizophrenic, xenophobic arse-whore. You suck at comedy too. Aren't you late for a Black Panther meeting? Inborn and inherent? BS. Racism isn't inherent.

And for the "whites" that were cheering him on? (Which, is a ridiculous proclamation; how do you know they were white) What about the blacks that cheer on Chris Rock saying "cracka" 50 times a skit.

Kinneary

Fcuk you and all your white racists supporters Kramer. Apology denied you schizophrenic, xenophobic arse-whore. You suck at comedy too.
He only apologized because so many blacks are hypocritical and take offense to racial epithets despite constantly referring to whites as honkeys and crackers.

PVS

and praise racist black people, because they're just victims of the man and have the right to hate all white people, right racist?

crazy
I think he is truly apologetic.

Imperial_Samura

Perhaps you should start another thread on the subject - something like "Why can't white comedians control their inborn racism?"

"Inborn and inherent racism like most whites do" - that made me giggle in a "oh, the humanity kind of why."

PVS
he's such a hypocritical crybaby.

Imperial_Samura
Originally posted by PVS
he's such a hypocritical crybaby.

To true.

Mišt

Fcuk white racist people, fcuk black racist people, fcuk asian racist people, fcuk middle eastern racist people....dude just shut up, if you are going to slander one group of people for being racist then you can slander EVERY race for being racist, and fcuk yourself by the way, because this post right here is being racist as you are only targeting white people. You dont think your posts through enough do ya?

Yeah its called comedy, people laugh. Ever seen a black guy make racist remarks and have the crowd laugh and cheer? I have, and you know what? I dont care, because its not meant as hateful racism, its meant for comedic purposes. This was as well, he is not showing racism, he is doing it to try and be funny and piss those guys off for ruining his show. Go rant off about every religious joke ever made, every nationality joke ever made, every gender joke ever made....

Yeah Kramer could have hidden his 'apparent inherent hatred', but then again those guys could have just shut the hell up and not interrupted him, but I bet they only did it cause he was white roll eyes (sarcastic)

Just shut the hell up or do you want me to throw the 'n' word in here? fear

KidRock
Originally posted by PVS
and praise racist black people, because they're just victims of the man and have the right to hate all white people, right racist?

QFT

Blind
I think part of being a standup comedian is knowing how to handle hecklers, and never let race become a part of your response. I once read where Jerry Seinfeld had a glass thrown at him by a guy, and still didn't resort to anything that negative.

It's a good thing he didn't, too, cause he said later her found out it was a mafia hitman.

But yeah, people are going to heckle you... you either got to take it, or lash back in a way that's going to get them to stop without making you look like an idiot.

Kinneary

Imperial_Samura
Originally posted by Blind
I think part of being a standup comedian is knowing how to handle hecklers, and never let race become a part of your response. I once read where Jerry Seinfeld had a glass thrown at him by a guy, and still didn't resort to anything that negative.

It's a good thing he didn't, too, cause he said later her found out it was a mafia hitman.

But yeah, people are going to heckle you... you either got to take it, or lash back in a way that's going to get them to stop without making you look like an idiot.

Indeed, one of the things that often impresses me the most about comedians is how they can deal with hecklers. While it is true they probably shouldn't have to deal with them, I have even seen good ones face them.

The best ones seem to be the ones that don't ignore it totally, but actually make the heckling part of the act. Rather then take umbrage at the hecklers, they actually use comedy against them, and nothing quietens down a heckler more then the rest of the audience laughing at them.

D-Double

Go Kramer.

So are you saying you've thought that before? You've thought, "There's a n!gger! Look at the n!gger!"... If so, you are a racist. It's that simple.

Richardson is a closet racist. He could have called those @ssholes anything, but he chose n!gger.... repetitively.... and then tried to clean it up by pretending it was all part of the show... and then referred to himself as "The White Man"... oh, in jest (of course).... Hecklers are scum... and now, so is Richardson.

Like someone else said, I would have respected him if he just jumped into the audience and beat the hell out of them.

And if you are using Chris Rock's "N!ggers vs Black People" as validation for everybody using the word freely, you're a moron.

Quiero Mota
Originally posted by D-Double
So are you saying you've thought that before? You've thought, "There's a n!gger! Look at the n!gger!"... If so, you are a racist. It's that simple.

Richardson is a closet racist. He could have called those @ssholes anything, but he chose n!gger.... repetitively.... and then tried to clean it up by pretending it was all part of the show... and then referred to himself as "The White Man"... oh, in jest (of course).... Hecklers are scum... and now, so is Richardson.

Like someone else said, I would have respected him if he just jumped into the audience and beat the hell out of them.

And if you are using Chris Rock's "N!ggers vs Black People" as validation for everybody using the word freely, you're a moron.

Flying off the handle and using words intened to really insult people in a moment of passion, doesn't make some one a racist.

darthsecretus30
LOL. I agree he went over board. He must be an intelligent guy, I would think? But hell,do you say that in an age of "becareful what you say about the blacks, or it'll be all over the news" would you say that? He became fustrated that his act sucked and lost his cool .. he made a couple or many bad decisions... He was defending himself tis all .. but it really doesn't matter. Karma will bite him in the ass. "Revenge is a dish, best served cold" -Uma thurman

D-Double
Originally posted by Quiero Mota
Flying off the handle and using words intened to really insult people in a moment of passion, doesn't make some one a racist.

Would you feel different if the hecklers were Latino and he said, "Throw him out! He's a wetback! Look at the wetback!"

FeceMan
Le sigh.

ZOMG MEL GIBSON HATES JEWS

Kramer? He's not a racist, he just got angry.

D-Double
This is just sad.... I hope you're right and I'm wrong.

Darth Macabre
Would you feel different if the hecklers were Latino and he said, "Throw him out! He's a wetback! Look at the wetback!" If someone called me a "cracker" (or "honky" or "wasp" or whatever other term you want to call a white person) during an argument or a heated moment, I wouldn't care; they were angry, it happens. It doesn't mean they're racists.

D-Double
This reminds of something Richard Pryor said...

*paraphrasing*

When you're in a fight and you're calling each other names and someone let's it fly... N!gger!.... It throws off my balance. I'm like ,aw sh*t. We were fighting and everything was cool and now I have to deal with this sh*t. Now I'm a n!gger. Now I'm not even a man anymore.

darthsecretus30
LMFAO .. I think it was all the coke he snorted that threw him off ..but, hey .. that sounds good too

Quiero Mota
Would you feel different if the hecklers were Latino and he said, "Throw him out! He's a wetback! Look at the wetback!"

I would if those words were directed at me, in fact I'd be furious. But if I was an ass.hole heckler who was intentionally interupting his act, then I'd probably deserve it.

I seriously doubt Richards is racist because:

Number One; He doesn't strike me as a racist at all. I've known both open racists and closet racists in my time, and he doesn't appear to be either.

Number Two; He's a Jew.

Bottom line is: I understand why he said those things and I don't hold them against him, and I'm still his fan. Now don't get wrong; I'm by no means condoning what he said, I'm just saying I understand why he said it.

D-Double
I don't know about number 2... lol .... but I understand what you're saying. I just don't think he had to go there. He's a smart guy and he improvs. I think he could have verbally torn those dudes apart without getting racial. So why did he go there? I think it means something.

reggie_jax
lets see what my nigga taste_u has to say on da issue...

Blanket-labelling/persecuting anyone that says a naughty word or holds a prejudiced opinion (when we hold so many views without evidence, belief in God anyone?) is an ironically prejudiced way of tackling prejudice.

Racist is a ****ing label, a blanket-term, an insult - its not an argument. Its a playground level approach to discussion.

http://www.last.fm/user/Damo_Suzuki/journal/2006/11/21/272854/

word up yo..

in other newz..

kramer is a half way crook for apologizing for his words. ****ing coward.

vintageSW77
I dont think he should apologise at all.
But he has to because the hypocritical ****ers of this world are sharpning the knives as we speak.
Wheres the rest of the act???
How long were they heckling??

Hecklers are dicks and sure he got a little carried away but a lot of comedians have a hard time with morons like that who go to comedy gigs with the intent of ****ing up someones routine...some have ready made replies to heckles and some dont.
Their cry baby response of the hecklers says it all.....they leave after saying there own rascist insults which ARE intended .
We all know that his comments of ****** were not directed at the whole of the black race and were said to piss off those loud mouthed ass holes in the audience and everybody is just hearing the ****** word and focusing on that.
It sure aint the same as the majority of black commedians who have the obligitary "white people cant dance" routine in their set.
Im sick of black people crying every time the word ****** is mentioned.
I remember all the stick Tarantino got off Spike Lee etc for his use of the word.
Double standards....just watch all the usual suspects come out the woodwork to try and destroy Michael Richards with their cries of
"HE IS THE ENEMY OF THE BLACK MAN AND MUST BURN!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

vintageSW77
Look at that they censor the word ****** here on KMC too

reggie_jax
its fine as long as you use it in its plural form.

******* Happy Dance

vintageSW77
cheers for clearing that up

Mišt
Originally posted by vintageSW77
I dont think he should apologise at all.
But he has to because the hypocritical ****ers of this world are sharpning the knives as we speak.
Wheres the rest of the act???
How long were they heckling??

Hecklers are dicks and sure he got a little carried away but a lot of comedians have a hard time with morons like that who go to comedy gigs with the intent of ****ing up someones routine...some have ready made replies to heckles and some dont.
Their cry baby response of the hecklers says it all.....they leave after saying there own rascist insults which ARE intended .
We all know that his comments of ****** were not directed at the whole of the black race and were said to piss off those loud mouthed ass holes in the audience and everybody is just hearing the ****** word and focusing on that.
It sure aint the same as the majority of black commedians who have the obligitary "white people cant dance" routine in their set.
Im sick of black people crying every time the word ****** is mentioned.
I remember all the stick Tarantino got off Spike Lee etc for his use of the word.
Double standards....just watch all the usual suspects come out the woodwork to try and destroy Michael Richards with their cries of
"HE IS THE ENEMY OF THE BLACK MAN AND MUST BURN!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Im just waiting for Bardock to come out and destroy him for being a Jew doped

Kidding doped

PVS
Originally posted by Quiero Mota
I would if those words were directed at me, in fact I'd be furious. But if I was an ass.hole heckler who was intentionally interupting his act, then I'd probably deserve it.

there ya go. thats the point i brought up before. 100% agreed.

what angers me the most was not richards or even the hecklers. know what really annoys me? everyone else. what do i mean by that? given all world events, 2 wars the u.s. is involved in which is killing thousands per month, what do people consider front page material? "OH NOES KRAMERS A RACIST!!!!!"

vintageSW77
Its a good job the majority of you lot havent heard of the comedian Bernard Manning.
Stick with this to the end THEN be offended.
http://www3.youtube.com/watch?v=t4uVYyPemPc
I found the last gag amusing...so what does that make me??

Im sick of this PC buisness
I hear rascism EVERY week from all sides.
Show me someone who has never had a rascist thought and your showing me a liar

Robtard

Seriously now, are you even black? And, if what Kramer said made you go apeshit, go watch/listen to some of Lenny Bruce skits, that should rile you over the edge.

Mr. Sandman

You're the most racist person I've ever seen.

PiruBlood
kramer makes us white people look bad. he should know how powerful that word is but oviously he dont care. i can understand being mad for being inturupted but cmon that n word stuff aint cool to say to people. same with mel gibson and his drunken slams about the jews drunk or not its uncalled 4

FeceMan
At least Mel Gibson was drunk.

FistOfThe North
You're the most racist person I've ever seen.

Why because I have something against "racist" Whites? You're stupid, man.

I don't have a problem with Whites at all, yet I keep repeating it over and over again on here. When is everybody going to understand that I'm against the racial element not the person or what the hue of their skin is.

I think black racists are ass.holes too. Basically if you're a racist, i have beef with you. Color means nothing to me. It's the attitude.

KidRock

I don't have a problem with Whites at all, yet I keep repeating it over and over again on here. When is everybody going to understand that I'm against the racial element not the person or what the hue of their skin is.

I think black racists are ass.holes too. Basically if you're a racist, i have beef with you. Color means nothing to me. It's the attitude.

Do you not read what you say though? You have said countless times before "I think all whites are racist" or basically some variation of it. You're a racist. Or a troll, which I think is more probable because of the shit you say.

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by KidRock
Do you not read what you say though? You have said countless times before "I think all whites are racist" or basically some variation of it. You're a racist. Or a troll, which I think is more probable because of the shit you say.

C'mon kidrock. You're holding off. I think you're smarter than trying to misquote me by saying I've said "I think all Whites are racists" countless times yet not posting any link or any evidence of me saying so.

If i've said it "countless" times then you shouldn't have any problems in finding a quote of mine with that statement in it, you smear merchant.

Madvillain
It's funny when a white person claims a black person is racist, solely because the black person feels that a white individual is racist. What kind of twisted logic is that?

White person goes into a beserk tirade spewing any and every word analogous to ******= not racist, just bad tempered.

Black person thinks said white person is racist= Black person is racist.

Get the **** out of my face with that stupidity.

Kinneary
C'mon kidrock. You're holding off. I think you're smarter than trying to misquote me by saying I've said "I think all Whites are racists" countless times yet not posting any link or any evidence of me saying so.

If i've said it "countless" times then you shouldn't have any problems in finding a quote of mine with that statement in it, you smear merchant.

Robtard
It's funny when a white person claims a black person is racist, solely because the black person feels that a white individual is racist. What kind of twisted logic is that?

White person goes into a beserk tirade spewing any and every word analogous to ******= not racist, just bad tempered.

Which black person has been called a racist solely because they think Richards is a racist?

heru
Originally posted by Robtard
People throw the word "racist" around in her like it's nothing... Saying "nig#er", "ch!nk", "cr@cker", k!ke" etc. etc. etc. doesn't make one a racist, everyone at one point or another out or sheer anger or frustration has said some derogatory insult or term. Being factually racist requires a strict belief system in actually believing that all people of a certain different color, ethnicity, creed or whatever are inferior to yourself/others.

Watching the video, Richards said those words specifically to piss that guy(s) off, because he knew those words would do the trick. He wasn't going on a hate flinging rampage just for the hell of it. So why apologize?

Kinneary
Because people will throw a fit if he doesn't.

heru
The only thing he's sorry for, is being exposed. If he was really sorry, he would apologize to those people, he degraded in the audience. Not that it would make a difference. He'll never be looked at in the same light, in the eyes of those he offended.

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by Kinneary

Lol, you're trying to hard. Just give it up, man.

Robtard
The only thing he's sorry for, is being exposed. If he was really sorry, he would apologize to those people, he degraded in the audience. Not that it would make a difference. He'll never be looked at in the same light, in the eyes of those he offended.

Because all the pathetic knee-jerkers that are readily willing to start screaming "RACIST RACIST!" over anything. I also have a feeling he was apologizing to the rest of the crowd that may have been offended more so than the hecklers directly.

Shalimar_fox

thank you

Bardock42
Oh well. Slightly amusing what he said. Not sure if he tried to be funny though or actually meant it.

Shalimar_fox
how was that even the least bit funny.

Mr. Sandman

I haven't seen you make an anti-black racist thread yet, in the entire 2 1/2 years Ive posted here. They're all about white people.

Try posting some shit black people do. Like shooting a white guy walking through their neighborhood at night because he's white.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Shalimar_fox
how was that even the least bit funny.

Cause it's true?

It is funny because it is something unexpected. Not genius funny. But it is amusing to read about it.

Robtard
I haven't seen you make an anti-black racist thread yet, in the entire 2 1/2 years Ive posted here. They're all about white people.

Try posting some shit black people do. Like shooting a white guy walking through their neighborhood at night because he's white.

Don't be a fool... It's either:

A) The "White Man" deserved it because as a "WHite Man", he is inherently racist.

b) Blacks aren't racist and if they are it's because a "White Man" made them that way.

In FOTN world...

Shalimar_fox

come on do think thats really gonna happen.theres and old white guy in my hood thats walks to the store everyday and no one shoots him.that just some myth.

Mr. Sandman
come on do think thats really gonna happen.theres and old white guy in my hood thats walks to the store everyday and no one shoots him.that just some myth.

It happens all the time(beatings and muggings more than shootings). Where do you live?

Robtard
Originally posted by Bardock42
Cause it's true?

It is funny because it is something unexpected. Not genius funny. But it is amusing to read about it.

It's also completely false... No one has called anyone a racist for solely saying Richards is a racist. So if saying shit that is untrue and then refusing to back it up when questioned about it is funny. Then LOL...

Bardock42

I am sure no white guy ever good killed due to being white in a predominantly black neighbourhood. Never. Ever.

Bardock42
It's also completely false... No one has called anyone a racist for solely saying Richards is a racist. So if saying shit that is untrue and then refusing to back it up when questioned about it is funny. Then LOL...
What? I meant his ****** lynching comment was slightly amusing.

Shalimar_fox
Cause it's true?

thats just sick.i would never find that funny about any culture on this earth.

Bardock42
thats just sick.i would never find that funny about any culture on this earth.

Fair enough.

Mr. Sandman
What? I meant his ****** lynching comment was slightly amusing.

I admit I lol'd.

heru
Because all the pathetic knee-jerkers that are readily willing to start screaming "RACIST RACIST!" over anything. I also have a feeling he was apologizing to the rest of the crowd that may have been offended more so than the hecklers directly. Regardless he was exposed. He let those people in the crowd draw him up. He has a reputation to worry about, they don't.

Shalimar_fox
ok so how would like it if someone on here called you out by you sexuality.(thats if i'm right.if i'm wrong i am deeply sorry)even though we have or difference i would have enough respect for you to not find such an matter funny

Bardock42
ok so how would like it if someone on here called you out by you sexuality.(thats if i'm right.if i'm wrong i am deeply sorry)even though we have or difference i would have enough respect for you to not find such an matter funny

You mean because I'm homosexual?

Shalimar_fox
what i'm saying is how would feel if that sick joke was toward you.would you find it funny then?

I know i wouldn't

heru
Next up on the stage GEORGE W. BUSH

Bardock42
what i'm saying is how would feel if that sick joke was toward you.would you find it funny then?

I know i wouldn't

Well, I don't know. I can't think of any joke that would insukt me like that. A joke about my race doesn't hurt me. Neither about sexuality. Or Nationality.

Shalimar_fox
yea maybe not you but what about others of your sexuality. Would you not atleast try to empathize.

Bardock42
yea maybe not you but what about others of your sexuality. Would you not atleast try to empathize.

I still don't get it.

But, no, I probably wouldn't.

Shalimar_fox
oh ok i just wanted to know.I was at an dead point. stick out tongue

Bardock42
oh ok i just wanted to know.I was at an dead point. stick out tongue
Don't get me wrong. I don't agree with what he said. And I wouldn't say it. But I also don't see the big deal with it.

Shalimar_fox
oh ok.cool.

The Core
The guy threw a fit, botched a joke, and now the world is up in arms over a Jewish comedian.

Can't wait for Chris Rock to parody it, and make it OK for America.

Robtard
Regardless he was exposed. He let those people in the crowd draw him up. He has a reputation to worry about, they don't.

That's the funny thing, you (and others) are convinced there is/was something to expose in the first place. Dude, he literally made millions and millions off of "Seinfeld", you think he is sweating it? Like somehow this will ruin his career.

Robtard
Originally posted by The Core
The guy threw a fit, botched a joke, and now the world is up in arms over a Jewish comedian.

Can't wait for Chris Rock to parody it, and make it OK for America.

All the while saying "Craka" in reference to whites, but that we can all laugh at, because we all know Chris Rock isn't a racist and derogatory terms for whites are funny.

FeceMan
What's funny that, if he had stopped with the "fork in your ass" comment, he would have been fine.

What's irritating is that people get all up in arms about that, but completely ignore this:

http://www.yourdailymedia.com/media/1162817495/Green_Day_Ass_Kicking

(Warning, chance of NSFW attention whore pictures on the website.)

The Core
All the while saying "Craka" in reference to whites, but that we can all laugh at, because we all know Chris Rock isn't a racist and derogatory terms for whites are funny.

Chris Rock is an angry, opportunistic black man who lives under the freedom of double standards.

manjaro
the thing that is so tricky about all this is, if he had said it once or twice then id say ok..this guy is upset and he had a slip of the tongue..but this guy went on a rant for at least 4 minutes, saying everything he was feeling..talking about hanging ppl upside down from trees, and "thats what you get when you interrupt the white man." to me thats not the type of rant that is spur of the moment, that totally comes from the heart..

his meaningless career is porbably done now, and rightfully so, cuz since the end of seinfeld all of them had miserable failings at TV comebacks, him especially he tried to come out with two shows, and neither of them made it to a full season, and he never showed any interset in being a movie star... at least jason alexander, and julia louis can claim that thier equally shitty shows made to one season. but the thing about kramer is, he is a stage and tv comedian, its only recently he started doing stand up....just like screech..

but the joke is on us tho cuz he's so f ****ing rich, he could said 10,000 black kids to college with the royalties he's making off sienfeld alone, so dont expect him to do security work with gary coleman anytime soon

heru
That's the funny thing, you (and others) are convinced there is/was something to expose in the first place. Dude, he literally made millions and millions off of "Seinfeld", you think he is sweating it? Like somehow this will ruin his career. Why apologize?

heru
All the while saying "Craka" in reference to whites, but that we can all laugh at, because we all know Chris Rock isn't a racist and derogatory terms for whites are funny. You said it, not me.

Bardock42
Why apologize?

Cause maybe he didn't mean it. Maybe it was indeed a joke...that people couldn't accept? Cause maybe he likes being a comedian?

You said it, not me.

You are not Chris Rock, are you?

PVS
Originally posted by The Core
Chris Rock is an angry, opportunistic black man who lives under the freedom of double standards.

dispite his whoring of the n-word, he was pretty much spot on

Bardock42
Originally posted by PVS
dispite his whoring of the n-word, he was pretty much spot on

That they'd had them guys on a tree 50 years ago? Yeah. Spot on spotfully on even.

PVS
i meant chris rock you stupid little man mad

Bardock42
Originally posted by PVS
i meant chris rock you stupid little man mad

Sure you did. Racist.

PVS
well thats a given, but lets not misquote

Victor Von Doom
Originally posted by vintageSW77
Its a good job the majority of you lot havent heard of the comedian Bernard Manning.
Stick with this to the end THEN be offended.
http://www3.youtube.com/watch?v=t4uVYyPemPc
I found the last gag amusing...so what does that make me??

Someone with a tenuous understanding of the concept of humour.

Originally posted by manjaro
and "thats what you get when you interrupt the white man." to me thats not the type of rant that is spur of the moment, that totally comes from the heart..

No, the wording is quite clearly ironic. That line is even said with sarcasm.

Bardock42
Originally posted by PVS
well thats a given, but lets not misquote

I seem to recall some of Chris Rocks stuff. But I think the word ****** is mostly harmful nowadays because people want it to be.

Soleran
white supremacists!

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by PVS
well thats a givenIt's inherent.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Soleran
white supremacists!

Sure, call it that. It's still idiotic.

xmarksthespot
Sure, call it that. It's still idiotic. Hey German boy, go back to Germania.

Bardock42
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
Hey German boy, go back to Germania.

Boo hoo, I'm going to cry and demand an apology.

heru
Lets be realistic here. People are quick to call a white person racist, because of white folks history. There ancestors, is the reason why they carry that reputation today. One of things that Native Americans, Africans, Irish, and the Jews have in common. Is they all were persecuted by white people. So no matter how much, one once to defend Kramer for his actions. He will be looked at, as a racist prick in the eyes of those he offended.

Robtard
Lets be realistic here. People are quick to call a white person racist, because of white folks history. There ancestors, is the reason why they carry that reputation today. One of things that Native Americans, Africans, Irish, and the Jews have in common. Is they all were persecuted by white people. So no matter how much, one once to defend Kramer for his actions. He will be looked at, as a racist prick in the eyes of those he offended.

Do you think before you type? Jews can be "white people" and the Irish are "white people", some of the whitest to be exact. As far as being labeled a racist because someone fails to knee-jerk and call someone a racist for saying "nig#er", that's the shortcomings of the accuser. I'll reiterate once again, just saying a "racist" term doesn't automatically make someone a racist.

Soleran
This thread and the starter need to go back to school ****** ******* seriously and the asterisks represent my special words!

Bardock42

WHich is a double standard and shit. Just to be clear.

FeceMan
Originally posted by FeceMan
What's funny that, if he had stopped with the "fork in your ass" comment, he would have been fine.

What's irritating is that people get all up in arms about that, but completely ignore this:

http://www.yourdailymedia.com/media/1162817495/Green_Day_Ass_Kicking

(Warning, chance of NSFW attention whore pictures on the website.)
._.

Lord Evolution
He was completely out of line.

And black comedians saying the word "cracka" doesn't in any way justify this idiot calling those hecklers the N word.

And when black comedians say it, its has humor in it, but he used it as a reaction, he could have very well found some other way to insult them but no, he went way too far in calling then the N word. It was in no way funny, he was really trying to break them down.

I have no doubt that his show was actually not funny at all. Im glad they pointed that out to him.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Lord Evolution
He was completely out of line.

And black comedians saying the word "cracka" doesn't in any way justify this idiot calling those hecklers the N word.

And when black comedians say it, its has humor in it, but he used it as a reaction, he could have very well found some other way to insult them but no, he went way too far in calling then the N word. It was in no way funny, he was really trying to break them down.

I have no doubt that his show was actually not funny at all. Im glad they pointed that out to him.

Oh hell yes it does. ****** is a word like any other. When people like you stop to get all whiny about the word is when it won't matter anymore.

And what he said had humour in it too,. Maybe you didn't like it, but it did have humour in it.

Oncewhite
Oh hell yes it does. ****** is a word like any other. When people like you stop to get all whiny about the word is when it won't matter anymore.

And what he said had humour in it too,. Maybe you didn't like it, but it did have humour in it.

He did add humor to it. He was saying "you can dish it, but you can't take it?"

For starters, most comedians can handle hecklers (most in sports and politians)...but sometimes, it does get out of hand. I think he told them what was true, although I don't think it was 50 years ago, but he's older and he knows. I've been around blacks, they can provoke, yet, if a white person does this to them, it's "out of line".

Both were out of line, and I wouldn't be surprised if the blacks used racial slurs at kramer, as they do use the words N* to both blacks and whites, and they could have called him the C* word too.

Fishy
Could you all please start saying the actual word instead of the C word or the N word...

They are just words people....

Bardock42
Originally posted by Fishy
Could you all please start saying the actual word instead of the C word or the N word...

They are just words people....

I have no problem with saying them ..since indeed...they are just words.

LordFear
Well, I don't know. I can't think of any joke that would insukt me like that. A joke about my race doesn't hurt me. Neither about sexuality. Or Nationality.

Sorry but if I stood in a crowd and started calling you fudge packer, ****** or just homo and kept bashing it on you, I guarantee you friend that you would be at best "annoyed"

Bardock42
Originally posted by LordFear
Sorry but if I stood in a crowd and started calling you fudge packer, ****** or just homo and kept bashing it on you, I guarantee you friend that you would be at best "annoyed"

Yes, but if we stood in a crowd and you'd start yelling "broccoli", "Coca Cola" and "Johann Sebastian Bach" at me, I guarantee you, my friend that I would be at least annoyed, as well.

Soleran
Yes, but if we stood in a crowd and you'd start yelling "broccoli", "Coca Cola" and "Johann Sebastian Bach" at me, I guarantee you, my friend that I would be at least annoyed, as well.

You're smart, make more points.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>