What's for Zod

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

redcaped
He's a corrupted general. I've never seen his first appearance in comics or even a webpage fully dedicated. The movie Superman II had changes I believe. He was part of the government and for that I would like him to gain control of the phantom zone which is really a dimensional portal and remain unsuspicious. Jor-El withdrew a big deal of energy from the source during his attempt to save his son, which was considered illegal. This should allow Zod to infiltrate in the program Jor-El (no need of his presence) created to escape from court after been discovered. Then I would like this sequel with Superman unaware. Released by the blackout (superman returns) when all of those strange things were happening. At first he pretends to be friendly by narrating all the things he knew and all the mistakes they did. But this is really a trap already set he's been working on for a while. I like this version more than the one I had before but still a serious global threat.

chase el
lol... redcaped you never give up do you?

redcaped
Good! I was waiting for a reply. Make Zod responsible for Brainiac's self awareness by altering the program. With the help of Brainiac he found Jor-El's plan to flee to Earth and secretly got into it using the phantom zone. Brainiac had all that information and also fled by taking control of a ship. I think this idea would make the casual arrival of Zod perfectly justified. I know in comics Superman has the phantom zone in the fortress of solitude...it never came on its own! He always asks the prisoners "promise me you will not attempt against me or Earth" before he releases them. I just know that, it was an old man with a disease who died later after been released on Earth. OK, back to Zod. He can be released by the blackout or Superman himself...your choice. I would prefer the blackout, it would make the three of them loose.

MattDay
Zod is dead

redcaped
King Kong died twice and his back in your home!

Avalonofthewind
Originally posted by MattDay
Zod is dead

Not anymore. wink

redcaped
This should be Zod 2009 just like our new Superman. Fair enough don't you think? He has so much to show us! And he's real this time.

chase el
Returns was a SEQUEL to Superman 2... not some other alternate Superman. Zod died in Superman 2 if my mind serves me right... dont get me wrong i loved Zod... but bringing him back is dumb

redcaped
Superman Returns was based on movie 1 and 2, not a sequel. They just squeezed the orange. Can't you see the difference of time, actor, cars, television, the shuttle craft? I'm serious, I love everything I do here but I'll be gone forever. They look so outstanding. I want collectible figures of them, pictures, etc.

kanis
wolfwood They should bring a stronger enemy than general Zod, what about darkseid or metallo, parasite the list is endless why does it always come back to Zod?

S-Ranger
Yeah Zod's old news bring on some new villains.

redcaped
Nice to meet you ranger. Listen ranger, tell the other dude that Metallo & Darkseid will show but only after Zod. C'mon, we miss him after all these years.

S-Ranger
Yo Red nice to meet you! I know i want a updated Zod as well to be honest but in my opinion i'll think they'll screw him up. They might bring a new face to the table even if they screw whoever it is up it'll still be cool cause at least we've seen who ever it is.

redcaped
Zod is an attitude Terrence created very well. Is easy to replace him because he understood the character just like another actor would. Even I like imitating him.

chase el
It was a SEQUEL. Of course they used new actors its almost 30 years later. Bryan Singer himself said it was a sequel. No oranges squeezed here. Donner said it was a great SEQUEL. Zod is dead, bring on brainiac and metallo!!!

redcaped
No sequel tells the same, stop kidding. And if it's true they're wrong as you are. You want the best and longest explanations. This is the same house with a different color. I won't even go to the theatre if they fail to bring Zod and Bat-Man would take the lead.

chase el
... it was a sequel. Bryan Singer was not wrong. sorry caped

S-Ranger
I remember it said it was a sequel i think some other villain should be given the limelight now.

redcaped
The chain will be broken if they do. Then why the rumors on websites?

chase el
the rumors say mettallo. wrath of khan doesnt mean zod is returning, it just means more action in the next movie.

redcaped
I've thought of a great story with Metallo on movie 4 sad not 2. He needs an advanced technology to create a match.

thtadthtshldntb
If S:Returns is a sequel to the S2-Donner Cut, then Zod may still be alive.

Donner's ending to S2 had Superman going back in time to stop Zod from ever being released.

redcaped
...to stop Zod from ever being released? Yes, that's what I had in mind primarily for this new SR sequel. After a never ending battle superman managed to protect himself from the incinerating red radiation produced by the crystal chamber which makes our sun harmful to them. Just get the idea, this is the same thing that happened in the 1980 version by deflecting his rays with the truck mirror.

redcaped
I just don't want Zod back but completely fresh.

((The_Anomaly))
Zod has been done, I dont want to see Zod, I want to see someone different. Like Braniac or Metallo. Mostly since SR was a sequel to Superman II then Zod isnt alive anymore, and even if he is he has no superpowers.

To the point, its time for some new villains, its time for something we have yet to see, like a giant Metallo rampaging through Metropolis, or Braniac causing some Sh*t. Zod has been done and there's no need to redo it again.

Its time for some new villains, as Lex said in SR "Bring it on!!" and thats what I want Singer to do. I want something new and awesome, not a repeat of something I've already seen.

redcaped
It's just one movie and you'll be done with it. Give it a chance to a new day. no zod=no redcaped

Jim Reaper
Originally posted by redcaped
He's a corrupted general. I've never seen his first appearance in comics or even a webpage fully dedicated.

I read in "Wizard," last month, that they're going to give Zod a big push in the comics... Zip on movie version.

Ultraman Baltan
Zod kicked ass. Either bring him back or use Doomsday. I can't stand Superman. Love those two.

Deathstroke
Originally posted by Jim Reaper
I read in "Wizard," last month, that they're going to give Zod a big push in the comics... Zip on movie version.

I'm all for Zod in the comics. *looks at avy and sig*

I don't want to see him in the next movie though.

information
Wow, Superman! I love Returns. What do you think the green S means as a virus?! Logically Zod should be back for the sequel. They got no reason to lie, making this a new adaptation.

whoshouldbepres
Hey all,

We, at whoshouldbepresident.com, will take seriously any candidate submitted to us. And one of the first candidates that people nominated...was General Zod. We did an interview of him from a couple of his fan sites and we are now in our first primary head to head election poll where Zod is up against Independent Steve Adams.

The voting is open until Thursday, December 14, 2006 est. No registration needed. Read the Zod or Adams interviews as well as nominate someone else for President!

WhoShouldBePresident.com (site and poll)
[email protected] (we want to hear from you!)http://whoshouldbepresident.com

information
Zod is no land but a general matter.

Fanboy
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_Kent_%28comics%29

I heard that Zod has a son.

MattDay
zod is cool, bring on someone new!

Ultimate Hulk43
I'd like to see Zod in the next Superman movie alongside Non. Maybe they could form an alliance with another Superman villain....maybe Mongul....

roughrider
Originally posted by redcaped
The chain will be broken if they do. Then why the rumors on websites?

You're the one making rumours. roll eyes (sarcastic)

I want new blood - Braniac, Darkseid, even the Cyborg Superman would be better than Luthor again and trying to ressurect Zod.

Ultimate Hulk43
Yeah, it's getting old seeing Luthor in every Superman movie. Darkseid, Mongul, Metallo, or Bizarro would be interesting to see for a change.

MattDay
i'd rather have luthor as the second villain at the most in the next one... there's got to a be a new, bad ass villain to take on superman otherwise bad move by singer

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.