Prodigy vs Captain America

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

xmarksthespot
Standard rules. In the unactivated Danger Room.

Prodigy before HoM.

vs

Captain America

H2H

In the audience for the fight are Shang Chi, Lady Shiva, Batman, Iron Fist, Connor Hawke and Batgirl (Cass).

rotiart
Why is it when I click on the Prodigy hyperlink... it does'nt take me to a new page.

Brian Oswald
Cap, Its like Cap vs Cap except for Prodigy does not have the SSS

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by Brian Oswald
Cap, Its like Cap vs Cap except for Prodigy does not have the SSS There are 6 other fighters in the proximity.

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by rotiart
Why is it when I click on the Prodigy hyperlink... it does'nt take me to a new page. Fixed.

Soljer
Would Chi amping and the Iron Fist itself be considered 'powers' or 'skills'?

Is Cass' move reading ability a 'skill'?

Is Batman's Jobber Aura a 'skill'?

If so, to any of these, then yes, Prodigy takes it.

Brian Oswald
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
There are 6 other fighters in the proximity.
oops, didint take that into consideration. With the combined fighting of all of these fighters, Prodigy takes it 9/10

rotiart
Standard rules. In the unactivated Danger Room.

Prodigy before HoM.

vs

Captain America

H2H

In the audience for the fight are Shang Chi, Lady Shiva, Batman, Iron Fist, Connor Hawke and Batgirl (Cass).

I thought you were talking about the spiderman character...

anyways wow...

Soljer
Originally posted by Brian Oswald
Ioops, didint take that into consideration. With the combined fighting of all of these fighters, Prodigy takes it 9/10

I'm not confident it works that way.

For example, take a blue belt's skill, and a black belt's skill, combine them, what do you get? A black belt's skill. The skill of the blue belt doesn't 'stack.'

However, if Prodigy could read Cap's moves like Cass, and already KNOW all of Cap's moves through his power, then he could probably take Captain America down.

If he could amp himself to insane strength and speed levels using Iron Fist or Shang Chi's skills, he could put Cap down.

If he could utilize the Iron Fist, he could put Cap down.

Just the pure martial skill of all these fighters, though? In David's extremely NOT peak human body? I'm not so sure.

8urs
Captain America could win if he held out for long enough for Prodigy to get tired and physically slow, since he wouldn't. In all other cases I see Prodigy winning.

Entity
Which Prodigy is this? The one with the magic suit from slingers or the mutant that mimics knowledge when your near him?

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by Soljer
Would Chi amping and the Iron Fist itself be considered 'powers' or 'skills'?

Is Cass' move reading ability a 'skill'?

Is Batman's Jobber Aura a 'skill'?

If so, to any of these, then yes, Prodigy takes it. Cass's ability is a metability from her altered neuroanatomy so I'd say that's a power, he would however gain all the knowledge she has over her time through reading and learning people's movements. I'm not sure about chi amping. And Batman ... iunno, whatever floats your boat I guess.

Soljer
Does Steve get his shield? It could be argued that while Prodigy would have the skill required to catch a shield throw from Steve, he would lack the speed.

erm.

I stand by my earlier evaluation. If Prodigy can utilize Chi, read Cap's moves, or connect with an Iron Fist, he'll take the win, pretty damned often. If it's sheer skill versus skill and the best body a human can possibly have, though? I think the latter will win out.

Entity
If it's Richie with the suit he takes it. 7/10
Richie without his suit Cap 10/10
The mutant. Cap 10/10

Soleran
I'm going with Captain because it wouldn't take long for the affects of fatigue to show and Cap would have the upper hand.

Brian Oswald
He cannot use the iron fist or any other abilities that are not part of your knowledge only. Hmm, i'm not so sure but I think David can take the majority. With all of these skills he is a better fighter than Cap. He has Cap's skills plus all of the others. I think that will help him outfight Cap to get some majority wins

xmarksthespot
Does Steve get his shield? It could be argued that while Prodigy would have the skill required to catch a shield throw from Steve, he would lack the speed.

erm.

I stand by my earlier evaluation. If Prodigy can utilize Chi, read Cap's moves, or connect with an Iron Fist, he'll take the win, pretty damned often. If it's sheer skill versus skill and the best body a human can possibly have, though? I think the latter will win out. He would technically know all of Captain America's moves, (as well as Lady Shiva's, Shang Chi's, Batman's, Iron Fist's, Connor Hawke's and Batgirl's) so in that way he could read anything Captain America was about to do. He gleans knowledge from those around him.

Entity
I'm guessing this is the mutant and even if he had the combined knowledge he wouldn't have Cap's strenght, speed, agility, or durablity.

Thou, with the other's skills he would at least get 3/10 IMO!

8urs
If Batman is watching, he's probably thinking how he would take down Captain America if he were in Prodigy's shoes (with all his limitations) and Prodigy would just do what Batman has in mind.

Lucid Lui
Not experience though. Cap would beat him in the end.

Soljer
He would technically know all of Captain America's moves, (as well as Lady Shiva's, Shang Chi's, Batman's, Iron Fist's, Connor Hawke's and Batgirl's) so in that way he could read anything Captain America was about to do. He gleans knowledge from those around him.

That's wonderful, but unless he has a big advantage over Cap BESIDES skill (Chi, body-reading, or the Iron Fist, namely), he's still way too slow to be able to keep up with Captain America in a fight.

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by Lucid Lui
Not experience though. Cap would beat him in the end. He would arguably have that same experience/knowledge.

http://img216.imageshack.us/img216/7757/newxmen101112oo2.th.jpg
Disclaimer it's from a Dani Moonstar/Emma Frost worst-fear-come-true thing. But arguably completely possible.

xmarksthespot
That's wonderful, but unless he has a big advantage over Cap BESIDES skill (Chi, body-reading, or the Iron Fist, namely), he's still way too slow to be able to keep up with Captain America in a fight. Hmm, now that's the thing I don't get. Captain America does the whole take down stronger people thing, because apparently he has skill. Here David would have the combined martial arts knowledge of 7 high end martial artists (among them Captain America)... and yet...

Edit: Meh for argument's sake let's say:
A) He can do chi related things.
B) He can't do chi related things.

Soljer
Hmm, now that's the thing I don't get. Captain America does the whole take down stronger people thing, because apparently he has skill. Here David would have the combined martial arts knowledge of 7 high end martial artists (among them Captain America)... and yet...

Did I say a thing about strength? erm

I said that David would lack the SPEED necessary to keep up with Captain America.

Unless you're Karate Kid, there is NO qualifier for skill covering speed gaps. Strength? Sure. Durability? Sure. Speed? Not really.

EDIT: Not to mention the fact that many of these martial artist's skills overlap. As I said before, take a blue belt, combine him with a black belt, you still got a black belt.

Take two black belts, combine them, still a black belt. Skills aren't stackable.

xmarksthespot
The 7 of them likely have different knowledge and experience to glean and amalgamate. See above for new edit.

Brian Oswald
Take two black belts, combine them, still a black belt. Skills aren't stackable. True but the blue belt knows other things that the black belt does not

Entity
Well, this would be like karate+nujistu+tiw kun doe+judo+kung fo+ any other martial art they have between them and also all cap has!
I may have to change my anwser

Sorry I can't spell worth shit

Soljer
Originally posted by Entity
Well, this would be like karate+nujistu+tiw kun doe+judo+kung fo+ any other martial art they have between them and also all cap has!
I may have to change my anwser

Sorry I can't spell worth shit

Batman already has all those, plus another 122. Do you see my point yet? Batman's already a master of 127 martial arts, it's doubtful that anyone is gonna bring anything to the table that Batman doesn't already know. Not saying that the extra information won't refine the skills, and I'm not saying Batman is as good as you can get.

Just that there is gonna be a lot of overlap, so the skills don't perfectly stack.

Assuming Prodigy can Chi amp, he wins 10/10.

Assuming he can't, he loses 8/10.

xmarksthespot
Bump.

LORDSIDIOUS01
Capt. America finds a way to win.

Accel
Didn't Prodigy make Wolverine look like a fool in H2H combat?

Blair Wind
Prodigy dodged random electricity fire, because he knew where it would end up. I dont see Captain America's punching speed being faster no expression

http://img444.imageshack.us/my.php?image=newmu07dy1.jpg

Daredevil1
For Iron Fist it would be considered a true superpower because Danny was given enhanced KI by a mystical dragon after defeating it.

Daredevil1
A lot of street level fighters make Logan look bad for example Mr.X, Ironfist, Daredevil, Electra. Don't get me wrong Logan is good but when his animal instincts take over he fights sloppy as to the why he looks like a fool at times.

Soljer
Originally posted by Blair Wind
Prodigy dodged random electricity fire, because he knew where it would end up. I dont see Captain America's punching speed being faster no expression

http://img444.imageshack.us/my.php?image=newmu07dy1.jpg

roll eyes (sarcastic)

And Captain America, Wolverine, Spiderman, and friggin Mary Jane have all dodged lasers.

So does that mean that NO ONE will ever hit ANY ONE on the forums? Don't think so.

Soljer
Originally posted by Accel
Didn't Prodigy make Wolverine look like a fool in H2H combat?

Wolverine said he was holding back.

And odds are, he was. A lot.

Alfheim
Hmm, now that's the thing I don't get. Captain America does the whole take down stronger people thing, because apparently he has skill. Here David would have the combined martial arts knowledge of 7 high end martial artists (among them Captain America)... and yet...

Yes but its not just about power its about speed as well. In order to copy a martial artist you need to have conditioning. For example you can watch a weight lifter and learn his technique but even if you learn his technique you wont be able to lift the amonut of weight he does until you have built up strength.

In the case of martial arts its not just strength but reflexes as well.

Edit: Meh for argument's sake let's say:
A) He can do chi related things.
B) He can't do chi related things.

Same thing you cant learn chi from watching somebody. Prodigy would have had to have spent some time meditating or doing breathing exercises. Prodigy powers give him knowledge not conditioning.

Furthermore Iron Fists chi powers were gained through a mystical ritual so Prodigy wont be getting those.

All your going to have is a physically inferior martial artist against a superhuman martial artist who arguably know most of what the other 7 martial artists know and he also has long range attack if he wants.

Oh yeah then theres experience as well. As you said your scans were hypothetical.

Alfheim
This is the sort of thing that would happen to Prodigy

http://img263.imageshack.us/my.php?image=captainamericav3034147es.jpg
http://img143.imageshack.us/my.php?image=captainamericav3034159bj.jpg
http://img263.imageshack.us/my.php?image=captainamericav3034161pe.jpg
http://img143.imageshack.us/my.php?image=captainamericav3034178kq.jpg

Blair Wind
roll eyes (sarcastic)

And Captain America, Wolverine, Spiderman, and friggin Mary Jane have all dodged lasers.

So does that mean that NO ONE will ever hit ANY ONE on the forums? Don't think so.

eh, however with Prodigy it is more because he is actually in KNOWS what the other person is thinking. Unlike the computer that alfheim just posted scans of, Prodigy knows what Cap will do before Cap does it.

A sort of crude comparison can be made for a character briefly put in Birds of Prey that could block and defeat Shiva (all the time) because he knew what she would do before she did it.

.....eh I dont care much, Ive been very non debating lately....eh guess I'm waiting until the tourney finals.

Alfheim
Originally posted by Blair Wind
eh, however with Prodigy it is more because he is actually in KNOWS what the other person is thinking. Unlike the computer that alfheim just posted scans of, Prodigy knows what Cap will do before Cap does it.

A sort of crude comparison can be made for a character briefly put in Birds of Prey that could block and defeat Shiva (all the time) because he knew what she would do before she did it.

.....eh I dont care much, Ive been very non debating lately....eh guess I'm waiting until the tourney finals.

This could be a similar thing to Daredevil where he dodges attacks because he knows whats going to happen next. The only problem is that if the opponent is physically superior all he knows is hes going to get beaten up because he wont have the reflexes to dodge.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.