Xbox720

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

crazy_shadow
I read this today, i already forgot where i found it. it was on the IGN's 360 board, turns out microsoft will be releasing a new system in 2009 ...i just hope they make a better name then Xbox720..

I made a thread lke this cause i didn't really concider it a next-gen console since well..it's going to be like the next-next-gen, and it dont match the other 3 u know...but if it's neccesary lana take the thread out -.-

Smasandian
I dont think this thread will be used until probalby 4 years from now.

No info to speak of.

Barker
That would be considered Next-gen.

The PS2, Xbox, and Gamecube are now officially Last Gen Systems.

no expression

Grinning Goku
Darn it! Already?! Man, sometimes technology sucks. It moves too fast sometimes.

Phat J
yeah **** taht, i just bought my 360.. i wanted to last a little longer than 3 years.

Smasandian
It will.

Standard console time is around 5 years, and really, by the time an new XBOX comes out, you've probably got your monies worth.

JKozzy
And I read that they plan to have these consoles last for ten years, since there have been so many enhancements, and the technology is still full of potential and not fully harnessed by any means.

Smasandian
This technology will not last for 10 years, especially not consoles with the lack of upgradability.

PC's have already surpassed consoles, and in 10 years, I dont know wanna know how good the graphics will be.

I think they just says to make people feel better for putting 500 bucks into the system.

dirkdirden

Smasandian
Where did you get that info?

dirkdirden
Originally posted by Smasandian
Where did you get that info?

I read it while taking a crap at work. It was on an Intel internal newsletter. Some of the info is also here. But the news letter at work went into more detail because it is possibly a big loss to Intel.

http://www.gamepro.com/news.cfm?article_id=84488

Ricodrayz
Price tag for Ps4, Xbox w/e and Nintendo w/e will be

Ps4 900 dollars
Xbox w/e 800
Nintendo W/e 500

dirkdirden
Originally posted by Ricodrayz

Ps4 900 dollars
Xbox w/e 800
Nintendo W/e 500

I haven't herd anything on the PS4 or the new Nintendo. But I don't think sony will have a news system out untill around 2013 and Nintendo might not go for a cheap system next time as well, if they wanted to they could blow Sony and Xbox out of the water and release a more powerfull box and then Nintendo will have the best game play and the most power and become the king again.

Smasandian
Originally posted by dirkdirden
I read it while taking a crap at work. It was on an Intel internal newsletter. Some of the info is also here. But the news letter at work went into more detail because it is possibly a big loss to Intel.

http://www.gamepro.com/news.cfm?article_id=84488

I wouldnt be surpraised if they get thier stuff from other companies later on.

Kayne Archeron
Originally posted by dirkdirden
I haven't herd anything on the PS4 or the new Nintendo. But I don't think sony will have a news system out untill around 2013 and Nintendo might not go for a cheap system next time as well, if they wanted to they could blow Sony and Xbox out of the water and release a more powerfull box and then Nintendo will have the best game play and the most power and become the king again.

i honestly think Nintendo's just raking in the profit until Xbox and Sony are done choking themselves, which is when Nintendo will have the funds (as if they don't already) to come out with the ultimate powerhouse to finish the other two off

dirkdirden
I wouldnt be surpraised if they get thier stuff from other companies later on.

Yeah they might have to. That might be too much for even Microsoft to handle.

And yes I really think if Nintendo really wanted to own the entire market they could do it, but I don't think the will becuase they don't need to. they will make plenty of money making simple cheap and fun games.

Smasandian
Nintendo's are far from cheap.

You really think Zelda: Twilight Princess didnt cost that much to make?

Your generlizing on Nintendo's games. Some are simple like Warioware, but Zelda, Mario and others are far from simple.

dirkdirden
Nintendo's are far from cheap.

You really think Zelda: Twilight Princess didnt cost that much to make?

Your generlizing on Nintendo's games. Some are simple like Warioware, but Zelda, Mario and others are far from simple.

I was generalizing because the general attitude of Nintendo is making games simple and fun. The cheap was referring to the price tag on the consoles not the quality or complexity of the games. Nintendo was amazed with the explosion that was the DS they are trying to use the same formula that makes the DS great on the Wii that formula is Simple, inexpensive, and fun.

El_NINO
I very much doubt MS will go all "In House Development". Its never happened in the past and it will never happen in the futur. First off they have 3 CPU manufactures, IBM, INTEL and AMD. Not to mention AMD just recently bought ATI and revealing they would create a MOBO with GPU capabilities. If I was MS I would ask AMD to hook me up with some hardware seeing as they now own ATI think of it as a 2 in 1 bargain. If you want the best CPU simply for gamming then IBM would be the best choice, their Cell Processors are far more advanced than AMD and INTEL only because these two are focusing on dual cores and still on Transistors.

Barker

Ps4 900 dollars
Xbox w/e 800
Nintendo W/e 500
no expression

Do you honestly think anyone will buy at those prices?

crazy_shadow

Ps4 900 dollars
Xbox w/e 800
Nintendo W/e 500

nintendo 500???

are you on crack!?!?

since when did they sell a console more then $300!?!?!?!

InnerRise
Originally posted by crazy_shadow
nintendo 500???

are you on crack!?!?

since when did they sell a console more then $300!?!?!?! Since when did Sony sell a console for more than $400???

It can happen.

anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

Ricodrayz
Well if Sony have there price so high and so does Xbox in the future with new tech then Nintendo would lose money for selling it for so cheap. The wii was suppose to be 100....

crazy_shadow
Originally posted by InnerRise
Since when did Sony sell a console for more than $400???

It can happen.

thats playstation 3, it's only their 4th actualy selling. nintendo has sold a LOT of different systems, and none of thsoe have been past 300, i HIGHLY doubt it'll reach 500 out of random. even the gamecube once released was only 250..

El_NINO
Nintendo in their entire history have never launched a console with a selling price of more than $300.

Ricodrayz
So does that mean in the future when it costs more money for technology and PS4 and Xbox w/e at the price of 800 or so dollars; Nintendo will be selling at 250 still? Come on, get serious.

§P0oONY
Do we really need a next gen? Who really gives a **** about graphics? The Wii, PS3 & 360 are fine.

El_NINO
So does that mean in the future when it costs more money for technology and PS4 and Xbox w/e at the price of 800 or so dollars; Nintendo will be selling at 250 still? Come on, get serious.

Thats a stupid assumption. Do your research before you make claim of idiotic examples.

Console and Price at Launch:
NES was $199
SNES $199
N64 $199
GameCube $199
Wii $250

Guess what... we are in the future and for Nintendo, prices have not exceeded $300. So I think you need to get a serious reality check bud.

dirkdirden

El_NINO

dirkdirden
Originally posted by El_NINO
Almost like you predicting things out of your @ss.

Any prediction worth predicting always comes right out of the ass.

Change and adaptation are necessary in business Nintendo will change and adapt to the market the prices will not stay below 300 on future consoles.

((The_Anomaly))
Guys, Next-Gen started last Sunday. I think its slightly overzealous of people to already be talking about the NEXT-gen systems when we're not even a week into current-gen.

K73SK
Originally posted by ((The_Anomaly))
Guys, Next-Gen started last Sunday. I think its slightly overzealous of people to already be talking about the NEXT-gen systems when we're not even a week into current-gen.

its never too early for anything!!!

~Flamboyant~

Ps4 900 dollars
Xbox w/e 800
Nintendo W/e 500 **** that. Just like I said **** PS3

ESB -1138
A little early to worry about the next Xbox system, isn't it? Enjoy your 360, PS3, and Wii and worry about the next line of systems later.

K73SK
Originally posted by ESB -1138
A little early to worry about the next Xbox system, isn't it? Enjoy your 360, PS3, and Wii and worry about the next line of systems later.
like i said earlier...never to early for anything!

InnerRise
Originally posted by K73SK
like i said earlier...never to early for anything! Well it was too EARLY for you to say that EARLIER. mhm

K73SK
wat? lol

wuTa

Well it may not be 250 but you can bank that its still gonna be damn cheaper the next PS or Xbox. Its pretty nice to see a game company not take advantage of gamers and suck them dry. Plus they're working on improving gameplay, instead of just improving hardware. Imagine whats gonna happen when Nintendo has a console with better gameplay than a PS console/Xbox console, just as good as hardware as a PS console or Xbox console, and its significatly cheaper.

Phat J
im pretty sure the wii was going to be cheaper, but then they saw the other systems prices and jacked it up cuz they knew they could get away with it. so yeah, they take advantage when they can.

FistOfThe North
Damn, I can't wait for the 720. It's gonna be a long a$$ wait, i know that.

They'll make Gears of War 2 for the 360 bu they should make pt. 3 for the 720.

Jeez, how would that look like. Godly perhaps.

AstroFan
If they call it Xbox 720, im gonna shoot myself 720 times. no expression

PVS
really, that would be a shitty name.

in fact, reality check: "xbox" is a really stupid name

AstroFan
720 could only be out done if Nintendo named their next console the Wii Wii. no expression

PVS
yeah, the only thing i can give sony credit for was coming up with the coolest console name. (and presently the only non-stupid console name)

AstroFan
I still think nintendo had it right with NES and SNES, if they had kept to that strategy we could be playing the Super Awesome Ultra Hyper Nintendo Entertainment System right now.

SAUHNES stick out tongue

K73SK
if you read, they said the xbox720 is more and likely not going to be the name of the next console erm

BackFire
Originally posted by PVS
really, that would be a shitty name.

in fact, reality check: "xbox" is a really stupid name

But X is so cool!!!!!

AstroFan
Originally posted by K73SK
if you read, they said the xbox720 is more and likely not going to be the name of the next console erm

Buzzkill. no expression

General G
They should wait a bit longer before anymore systems come out, I just got my 360 about a month and a bit ago...I'm loving it, they should just keep it the way it is for a bit and then when they feel it's good and people have got their money's worth, they should release it. And Xbox I think is a really cool name.

Originally posted by AstroFan
720 could only be out done if Nintendo named their next console the Wii Wii. no expression

laughing out loud

ESB -1138

What are you talking about? Technology is getting cheaper. A new notebook costs $499 when they once cost around $1000 and up. Technology is getting cheaper. Because with your logic computers should cost over $1000 with the advancement on technology a 2006 CPU has over a 1996 CPU. During those 10 years the computers have dropped in prices and a new computer is capable of playing games with graphics as good if not better then the 360's.

Pulse2
Wii isn't meant to be about GFX, its the console that represents fun, so it won't need all these high end expensive cell processing junk. messed

Wii is probably the best name this gen smile Xbox won't be an X"box" in a couple of years, I think that name is pretty limited.

Technology is getting more expensive, believe me, the more it has, the more it costs, the only reason for tech to be cheap is if there is stiff competition.

Barker
Originally posted by Pulse2
Xbox won't be an X"box" in a couple of years, I think that name is pretty limited.
It never was a box to begin with. More of an Xfatassrectangularprism.

Pulse2
Originally posted by Barker
It never was a box to begin with. More of an Xfatassrectangularprism. No, more of an Xboid smile What if they make the next Xbox sphere shaped, it can't still be an Xbox messed

FistOfThe North
The 7"20", "NextBox" whatever the name, i'll still get it.

Magee
I read years ago in a magazine that Nintendo plan to launch the first ever VR home console by 2012.

FistOfThe North
Wasn't there already a nintendo VR home console that came out already?

Lightningrod
Originally posted by JKozzy
And I read that they plan to have these consoles last for ten years, since there have been so many enhancements, and the technology is still full of potential and not fully harnessed by any means.

Let's hope so since the last consoles didn't last that long

Superboy Prime
It's stupid to think concoles will last 10 years. 10 years from now we will be bored at the disgusting, dated, ugly graphics our once beloved systems pushed.

FistOfThe North
Well i've already had my fill of the 360. Gears of War is as good as the 360 gets and i've seen better graphics on PC. And a year from now, what, Halo 3. which will probably look just a little better that GOW...

Bring on the next chapter..

dirkdirden
Maybe they will complete the alpha bit and the next one will be the

YBOX then soon to be the ZBOX.

General G
But what happenned to the A-Box, or the Q-Box!!! Where was I!!!

dirkdirden
Originally posted by General G
But what happenned to the A-Box, or the Q-Box!!! Where was I!!!

They were prototypes.....took them a long time to make the final product.

coolmovies
Is this gonna be better then the PS3 ?

InnerRise
Well assuming this will supposedly be part of the next generation, I would think so since the PS3 is the current generation.

Pulse2
At some point, Micro will be forced to rename the Xbox, if they decide to move out of the "box" catagory that is.

I liked the name Xenon, they should have taken it, and it can still keep the X.

Personally I prefer Xenon over Xbox 360.

G U I T A R
How could you possibly even talk about ps4 when ps3 just came out? Let alone the xbox 360 year and a half ago.

coolmovies
Its not our falt they keep bringing new games consoles out .

Pulse2
Well hey, we might see the next Xbox in the next 2 years for all we know, Micro did drop the original and bring out the 360 faster then anyone could say boo.

dirkdirden
It could be a smart move by Microsoft to make a new console every 4 or 5 years because Sony cant and wont make a new console every 4 or 5 years because they put as much time into each console as possible. Xbox will always be a step ahead of sony because they are taking more steps. That is assuming that the consumers are willing to get raped by having to buy a new console every 5 years.

coolmovies
you have to buy new games too which cost a fortune

dirkdirden
Originally posted by coolmovies
you have to buy new games too which cost a fortune

Yep I hate new consoles, and if I was elpresidenta I would make it a law that if you make a system you can't make a new one for 8 years. That way you get your moneys worth and they can spend more time produceing better games.

Pulse2
They aren't copying DS are they? Releasing a new console so soon people don't even have a chance to get adjusted to the one they have.

If Micro is doing that, Sony and Wii might as well just work on a chip or new internal technology so that we can simply update our consoles instead of buying an entirely new one -_- Although this is just a fantasy, Sony is already talking about PS4, and the PS3 has yet to launch here in Europe.

G U I T A R
Well I hope MS doesnt come out with a new console because I havent even had my 360 a freakin year yet!

InnerRise
Originally posted by G U I T A R
Well I hope MS doesnt come out with a new console because I havent even had my 360 a freakin year yet! There's already talk that they're coming up with another Xbox 360 with more memory and maybe with the DVD Player already inside of it.

Phat J
i heard that they were making new ones that make much less noise when you're playing a game. anybody know anything about this?

Pulse2
They might as well just release 360.5 like Sony did with the PS2Slimline and PSone. The 360.5 would have all the updates and extensions its needs rather then hopping onto the next console before some people even get hold of one.

G U I T A R
mad Bill Gates better swap mine then!..... eek!

General G
Originally posted by G U I T A R

Mine too! I only got mine November!

coolmovies
well the good thing for PC gamers is that there wont be a new windows for 4 or 7 years

Neo Darkhalen
Originally posted by Joe K

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.