Batdude's Tourney Discussion Thread

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

batdude123

DarkCrawler
Sweeeeeeet. Gotta find a partner. big grin

Blair Wind
evil face

stormfront13
does it gotta be a two-person team tourney? can it be single?

DarkCrawler
It's two person.

batdude123
Originally posted by stormfront13
does it gotta be a two-person team tourney? can it be single?

Two people.

DarkCrawler
(Lets keep this topped until mods sticky it)

Soljer
Around the time of the last tourney, I requested to be a judge for the next one, and would like to be considered still, if you'd be cool with that, Batdude.

batdude123
Originally posted by Soljer
Around the time of the last tourney, I requested to be a judge for the next one, and would like to be considered still, if you'd be cool with that, Batdude.

That's fine with me.

grey fox
I've been in three Tourneys so far , and while I think Psy and myself would rock this things to it's core I'll have to decline actual participation.

Judging on the other hand is a whole new kettle of fish.

Or (In short) Can i be a judge ?

batdude123
Originally posted by grey fox
I've been in three Tourneys so far , and while I think Psy and myself would rock this things to it's core I'll have to decline actual participation.

Judging on the other hand is a whole new kettle of fish.

Or (In short) Can i be a judge ?

Yes.

Soljer
Slightly off topic:

Whomsoever takes it upon themselves to set up the NEXT tourney after this one?

It damned well better be street level! mad

stick out tongue.

Accel
Man, this sucks. The tourney sounds like fun, but I doubt I'll have time for it, what with school and all.

I may just be an observer this time around.

Newjak
I was thinking of calling dibs for the next tourny

Soljer
Awww, it seems like some of the best debators are refusing to compete! sad.

Validus
I wanted to be in this but I won't be around. malfoy

Can I ask what the difference is between the First and Third draft theme though?

batdude123
Originally posted by Validus
I wanted to be in this but I won't be around. malfoy

Can I ask what the difference is between the First and Third draft theme though?

Yep, I knew it would be hard to distinguish between the two at times.

First one: Energy manipulators/Magic users means that is their forte, their strong point, their calling card. They can wield and manipulate energy, or magic.

Third one: This is more of a combination of the other two. They can wield and manipulate energy, while at the same time they are top of the line in strength, speed, durability, etc. They can do it ALL, pretty much.

I put GL in the third one, because he can make his body be strong, durable, fast, etc.

Soljer
Grey Fox, Accel, Validus, Leo, Uni, Newjak, Mungi, hell! There is half of the debating potential in this forum right there, and NONE of them are competing. I hope someone really surprises me in this tourney, it seems like all of the 'star' debators are stepping aside for this one.

batdude123
Grey Fox, Accel, Validus, Leo, Uni, Newjak, Mungi, hell! There is half of the debating potential in this forum right there, and NONE of them are competing. I hope someone really surprises me in this tourney, it seems like all of the 'star' debators are stepping aside for this one.

Things may change by the time the actual matches start. Shit, they might not even begin until late December/early January.

Priest
This looks like its gonna be a god tourny.

Newjak
Grey Fox, Accel, Validus, Leo, Uni, Newjak, Mungi, hell! There is half of the debating potential in this forum right there, and NONE of them are competing. I hope someone really surprises me in this tourney, it seems like all of the 'star' debators are stepping aside for this one. Trust me there are better debators out there than those people stick out tongue

No while there are some good names on that list there are also some good canidates left and possibly a chance for someone else to rise up and make a name for themselves.

bigbran
Originally posted by Newjak

No while there are some good names on that list there are also some good canidates left and possibly a chance for someone else to rise up and make a name for themselves. eek!
Naaah. sad

Blair Wind
evil face

Soljer
Originally posted by Newjak
Trust me there are better debators out there than those people stick out tongue

No while there are some good names on that list there are also some good canidates left and possibly a chance for someone else to rise up and make a name for themselves.

No doubt, no doubt.

I'd just feel a little more secure if we had all the big names, AND new comers trying to prove themselves.

As it is, our 'big names' category is cut down to half, or less. Unfortunate.

Validus
Originally posted by batdude123
Yep, I knew it would be hard to distinguish between the two at times.

First one: Energy manipulators/Magic users means that is their forte, their strong point, their calling card. They can wield and manipulate energy, or magic.

Third one: This is more of a combination of the other two. They can wield and manipulate energy, while at the same time they are top of the line in strength, speed, durability, etc. They can do it ALL, pretty much.

I put GL in the third one, because he can make his body be strong, durable, fast, etc.
But what about characters who don't really fit any of the 3 categories like say a telepath?

batdude123
But what about characters who don't really fit any of the 3 categories like say a telepath?

I would put J'onn in the third category, whereas someone like Superman Blue would be in the first one.

Devil Lance
I'd like to be a judge if possible

bumbum
Hello Gladiator...I mean Batdude. How are you ?

Anyway can Draco debate for anyone apart from Wonder Woman ? Hes quite good.

If theyre all noobs who join in I am sure I can pull out something from my hat to be here to own them all.
cool

Soljer
Originally posted by bumbum
Hello Gladiator...I mean Batdude. How are you ?

Anyway can Draco debate for anyone apart from Wonder Woman ? Hes quite good.

If theyre all noobs who join in I am sure I can pull out something from my hat to be here to own them all.
cool

Hmmm...I wonder who this could be? erm.

Validus
I would put J'onn in the third category, whereas someone like Superman Blue would be in the first one.
But what about a Nate Grey type?

bumbum
We all know.

Maybe Capt and Grimm could take part. smart

Devil Lance
We all know.

Maybe Capt and Grimm could take part. smart

sock roll eyes (sarcastic)

Soljer
Yeah, lets see Capt and Grimm debating some Herald level characters instead of their normal street levellers 'Thing' and 'Wolverine'.

bumbum
Obvious. Make sure you don't throw a hissy fit this time because your losing.

batdude123
But what about a Nate Grey type?

If they're limited to telepathy and telekinesis... I'd put them in the first category.

He's an energy guy anyway.

bumbum
Yeah, lets see Capt and Grimm debating some Herald level characters instead of their normal street levellers 'Thing' and 'Wolverine'. Thing street leveler. Grimm will be pissed. laughing

batdude123
Originally posted by Devil Lance
I'd like to be a judge if possible

Sure. smile

Devil Lance
I think theres plenty of solid debaters left
Avalon, Juntai, Grimm, Mr. Maste r(although i've yet to see him debate someone other than all powerful characters not saying he can't just that I haven't seen him do so) Darthgoober, Galan, Juggernaut666, Bigbrahn, Superhevandal, Spetnaz (althoug he's hardly ever on anymore) stromfront13 and a couple others

Soljer
Thing street leveler. Grimm will be pissed. laughing

What? He's kinda strong, and kinda durable. What puts him out of the street leveller category?

shifty

bumbum
If all their limited to is telepathy and telekinesis... I'd put them in the first category.

He's an energy guy anyway.
I had a thought. What about Cable with tech-no parts. I wont be taking part obviously but I am looking forward to watching the underdogs debate.

Maybe Sam Z can take part. eek!

Soljer
Avalon, Juntai, Grimm, Mr. Maste r(although i've yet to see him debate someone other than all powerful characters not saying he can't just that I haven't seen him do so) Darthgoober, Galan, Juggernaut666, Bigbrahn, Superhevandal, Spetnaz (althoug he's hardly ever on anymore) stromfront13 and a couple others

I'd REALLY have to disagree with you about Grimm and Stormfront. But besides that, you named some solid debators.

batdude123

DarkCrawler... Blair Wind

no expression

bumbum
What? He's kinda strong, and kinda durable. What puts him out of the street leveller category?

shifty

Well if Wolverine can still be classed as street leveler I see why Thing cant be classed as one. laughing out loud

Validus
I'd REALLY have to disagree with you about Grimm and Stormfront. But besides that, you named some solid debators.
laughing out loud

batdude123
I had a thought. What about Cable with tech-no parts. I wont be taking part obviously but I am looking forward to watching the underdogs debate.

Maybe Sam Z can take part. eek!

That's fine... AJ. smile

Devil Lance

Grimm can be iffy some times but most of the times he debates logically

From what I ahve seen from stormfron hes okay.

I also forgot to put jrodslam on that list

Soljer
Well if Wolverine can still be classed as street leveler I see why Thing cant be classed as one. laughing out loud

There you go. Wolverine's claws have been shown to cut through damn near ANYTHING, regardless of Leverage. He's also healed from things that would take the Thing out of the fight...so....if Wolverine's a street leveller, the Thing is, wink.

bumbum
I'd REALLY have to disagree with you about Grimm and Stormfront. But besides that, you named some solid debators. I REALLY have to agree with the Grimm bit.

bigbran
That's fine... AJ. smile Already?

Soljer
laughing out loud

wink.

Soljer
I REALLY have to agree with the Grimm bit.

Love you too, sweetheart.

bumbum
That's fine... AJ. smile thumb up

But dude didn't you say you was going to do a street level tournament this time ? You said that in the last tornie. I wanted to see some Bats debating.

Devil Lance
DarkCrawler... Blair Wind

no expression

oops tthought they were skippiong this one my bad. sad

Sory DC and BW sad

batdude123
thumb up

But dude didn't you say you was going to do a street level tournament this time ? You said that in the last tornie. I wanted to see some Bats debating.

Actually... I didn't say that. no expression

bigbran
thumb up

But dude didn't you say you was going to do a street level tournament this time ? You said that in the last tornie. I wanted to see some Bats debating. They is so going to IP ban you.

Soljer
thumb up

I wanted a street leveller tourney as well, two herald levels one right after the other seems too much.

But it's batdude's party, and he can cry if he wants to....

bumbum
Originally posted by bigbran
Already?

Yeah, I was gonna come back earlier but couldn't be arsed So thought I would come now when I am bored.

bumbum
They is so going to IP ban you. They already IP banned me. I just come back lol. Its easy.

Now back on topic. This is BD's torney not about me socking.

Soljer
They already IP banned me. I just come back lol. Its easy.

P-p-p-p-p-p-roxy? smile.

bumbum
Nah they worked around that. proxys don't work anymore.

Soljer
Really? What about if you have a dynamic IP?

batdude123
ANYWAY...

bumbum
Thats what I am saying.

darthgoober
Hey thanks for throwing my name in there big grin . And yeah, I plan on entering if at all possible.

bumbum
Cool, he seems to have potential.

darthgoober
Hey would Squirrel Girl be herald level? shifty

bumbum
If Wolverine is then so is she.

batdude123
Originally posted by darthgoober
Hey would Squirrel Girl be herald level? shifty

Is the Living Tribunal herald level? no expression

bumbum
BD. Maybe you should PM some promising members.

batdude123
BD. Maybe you should PM some promising members.

I've been doing that ever since I had this idea. no expression

bumbum
My bad. Calm down. sad

darthgoober
Is the Living Tribunal herald level? no expression
So that's a no? laughing

batdude123
So that's a no? laughing

Actually, I really don't care. laughing out loud You'd be laughed at though...

illadelph12
Hmm...

Soljer
Actually, I really don't care. laughing out loud You'd be laughed at though...

Imagine if a team DID take on a worthless character as a handicap and STILL managed to beat out the competition, by sheer debating skill alone.

wink.

Galan777
Avalon, Juntai, Grimm, Mr. Maste r(although i've yet to see him debate someone other than all powerful characters not saying he can't just that I haven't seen him do so) Darthgoober, Galan, Juggernaut666, Bigbrahn, Superhevandal, Spetnaz (althoug he's hardly ever on anymore) stromfront13 and a couple others Where's nvrhadaclue? He should definatley be somewhere in that list evillaugh

But seriously, thanks for givin me a shoutout in your post big grin

batdude123
Imagine if a team DID take on a worthless character as a handicap and STILL managed to beat out the competition, by sheer debating skill alone.

wink.

If anyone could do that... it'd be spetznaz.

Soljer
Originally posted by Galan777
Where's nvrhadaclue? He should definatley be somewhere in that list evillaugh

But seriously, thanks for givin me a shoutout in your post big grin

laughing laughing laughing

Brought a tear to my eye.

batdude123
laughing laughing laughing

Brought a tear to my eye.

As it should.

Devil Lance
I wonder if anyone is going to try to pick sbp

rotiart
Themes:
1. Energy Manipulator
2. Brick
3. Overall

Ideas for people.
1. Quasar, Atom, Spawn, Dr. Light, Magneto, Dr. Druid, Green Lantern (Short of Parallax/Ion showings), Electro, Shaman Nate Grey,
2. Thing, Hulk, Maul, Caitlyn Fairchild, Superman, Gladiator, Spartan (but looking at that list... would you really want Thing for your brick if your enemy is superman?)
3. Sentry, Silver Surfer, Morg, Martian Manhunter.

I'm not 100% sure but being one of the judges and the way Batdude explained his character rules to me, the above listing should be allowable. Wolverine has never been considered a brick, he has no energy manipulation powers... and his overall versatility sucks. Obviously he doesn't meet one of the 3 themes of this tourney. Course its up to Batdude in the end. big grin

rotiart
I wonder if anyone is going to try to pick sbp

Actually SBP i'm pretty sure is not allowed.

Soljer
Originally posted by rotiart
Themes:
1. Energy Manipulator
2. Brick
3. Overall

Ideas for people.
1. Quasar, Atom, Spawn, Dr. Light, Magneto, Dr. Druid, Green Lantern (Short of Parallax/Ion showings), Electro, Shaman Nate Grey,
2. Thing, Hulk, Maul, Caitlyn Fairchild, Superman, Gladiator, Spartan (but looking at that list... would you really want Thing for your brick if your enemy is superman?)
3. Sentry, Silver Surfer, Morg, Martian Manhunter.

I'm not 100% sure but being one of the judges and the way Batdude explained his character rules to me, the above listing should be allowable. Wolverine has never been considered a brick, he has no energy manipulation powers... and his overall versatility sucks. Obviously he doesn't meet one of the 3 themes of this tourney. Course its up to Batdude in the end. big grin

Nope. The Thing and the Hulk are definitely VERY poor choices as bricks when you could have Superman or Gladiator.

darthgoober
That brings up an interesting point. It's my understanding that Pre Crisis GL feats are going to be considered valid. Because of that, Pre Crisis Superman is being considered as a usable character, well if PC Supes and GL's are allowed, then why not SBP? He didn't really do anything more than either of the others did if you think about it.

rotiart
Nope. The Thing and the Hulk are definitely VERY poor choices as bricks when you could have Superman or Gladiator.

big grin Yep.
Actually I was going to try to convince Batdude to restrict the 2nd character to being Nonflying bricks only... but i've been busy. big grin

Devil Lance

wink
a ton of his high end showings were because of the powerup Alexander Luthor gave him ( he gave sbp some of his anti matter enrgy which supposdely increased his powers) I could see someone being allowed to pick sbp if they use his later IC showings IE Superboy Martian Manhunter and Wondergirl giving him a little bit of a problem , and getting beta by the teram of Supermen

rotiart
wink
a ton of his high end showings were because of the powerup Alexander Luthor gave him ( he gave sbp some of his anti matter enrgy which supposdely increased his powers) I could see someone being allowed to pick sbp if they use his later IC showings IE Superboy Martian Manhunter and Wondergirl giving him a little bit of a problem , and getting beta by the teram of Supermen

So you have like 1 comic with regular showings...

I'm pretty sure the answer will still be no. But try asking Batdude directly. I'd go with no myself.

Devil Lance
Dr. Light might be a good pick to if you use his high end showings

Soljer
big grin Yep.
Actually I was going to try to convince Batdude to restrict the 2nd character to being Nonflying bricks only... but i've been busy. big grin

I don't think that would be too good of an idea, when the other two characters on ALL the teams will be capable of flight and energy manipulation. It means that the Brick character will be all but useless against anyone but the OTHER brick character.

Devil Lance
So you have like 1 comic with regular showings...

I'm pretty sure the answer will still be no. But try asking Batdude directly. I'd go with no myself.

I'm not going to be in this tourney as a participant i'm just throwing out suggestions and actually its more like 4 or 5 comics

3 from infinite crisis

2 from crisis on infinite earths

and he's only had feats in 8 or 9 issues so.........

Soljer
Also, batdude restricted several things...is T-Vo allowed? Honestly, it's only been sparingly used in the comics (Dominus, Sattanus, and Eradicator, that I can remember), and it's hardly understood. From what _I_ understand, it's a kryptonian art that focuses the mind to help resist psychic effects, or can be used to transcend to the astral plane to do combat, rather than the physical plane.

Either way, if we are going to allow T-vo, with it's vague, hardly understood background, is there anyone that will really be able to resist it? If a multiversal power like Dominus couldn't?

darthgoober
Also, batdude restricted several things...is T-Vo allowed? Honestly, it's only been sparingly used in the comics (Dominus, Sattanus, and Eradicator, that I can remember), and it's hardly understood. From what _I_ understand, it's a kryptonian art that focuses the mind to help resist psychic effects, or can be used to transcend to the astral plane to do combat, rather than the physical plane.

Either way, if we are going to allow T-vo, with it's vague, hardly understood background, is there anyone that will really be able to resist it? If a multiversal power like Dominus couldn't?
batdude told me no T-Vo.

rotiart
I don't think that would be too good of an idea, when the other two characters on ALL the teams will be capable of flight and energy manipulation. It means that the Brick character will be all but useless against anyone but the OTHER brick character.

sheesh. i said it was just an idea. stick out tongue

batdude123

Don't worry, it's pulled.

Using T-Vo with the 20 minutes of prep could've been nasty though. evil face

rotiart

Pretty sure T-vo is out

rotiart
batdude told me no T-Vo.

bah, beat me to it.

bigbran
batdude told me no T-Vo. Batdude? More like Catfood!

rotiart
Batdude? More like Catfood!

quiet speedy.

Soljer
Batdude? More like Catfood!

Clever!

Validus
I don't know why anyone would want to pick SBP. He was totally unimpressive during actual combat.

bigbran
Clever! I know. Sometimes I amaze myself, with der logic.

Devil Lance
black Alice would be another good pick banning her from getting powers like the Spectre's of course.

Validus
black Alice would be another good pick banning her from getting powers like the Spectre's of course.
She'd be useless if nobody on the opposing team used magic.

Devil Lance
She'd be useless if nobody on the opposing team used magic.

no

she can take magical powers from anyone no matter how far away they are

IE The BOP were in dayton fighting the society and alice and she was able to tak WW's powers even thoug she was nowhere close to her.
Same with when she took Fate's powers and Zatnna's and Captain Marvel's

She's far from useless

batdude123
no

IE The BOP were in dayton fighting the society and alice and she was able to tak WW's powers even thoug she was nowhere close to her.

She's far from useless

If she's allowed, she can't be taking Dr. Fate's power or anything like that.

Blair Wind
dammit people. Stop naming some of the people Im considering mad

Validus
no

She's far from useless
But she does have a range and if past tournaments are any indication, what magical powers can she steal while riding a turtle shell in space or something else retarded yet clever?

batdude123
Originally posted by Blair Wind
dammit people. Stop naming some of the people Im considering mad

There are TONS of herald levellers out there for you to pick from.

batdude123
But she does have a range and if past tournaments are any indication, what magical powers can she steal while riding a turtle shell in space or something else retarded yet clever?

But we have to be able to make sure they're able to compete on whatever battle location the fight is on. For example, we couldn't have Hulk in space.

It has to be fair for combatants.

Blair Wind
There are TONS of herald levellers out there for you to pick from.

shifty

I just felt like posting something stick out tongue

darthgoober
What about Doomsday?

Devil Lance

well when Alan Scott was in space during Infinite crisis Alice was able to take his powers wink
http://img149.imageshack.us/my.php?image=villainsunitedinfinitecrisissp1.jpg

batdude123
What about Doomsday?

Fine, but he's (obviously) only allowed one death.

Devil Lance

Of course If I wa sin the tounrey and picke dher I would take the power sof peple like WW or Alan scot or Captain Marvel or Etrigan etc etc

batdude123
Of course If I wa sin the tounrey and picke dher I would take the power sof peple like WW or Alan scot or Captain Marvel or Etrigan etc etc

Correct.

bigbran
Correct. Oh catfood. You and your giving out false hope, so your tourney is a hit.
Tsk, tsk.

SpunkySmurph
I suppose someone like Vixen might be interesting for versatality- technically shouldnt she be able to assume the abilities of someone like a Kryptonian, due to Superman's amount of time spent on Earth?

But, thats debateable of course

I'll keep out of this one... but I'll stick around to watch. smile

Devil Lance
Originally posted by SpunkySmurph
I suppose someone like Vixen might be interesting for versatality- technically shouldnt she be able to assume the abilities of someone like a Kryptonian, due to Superman's amount of time spent on Earth?

But, thats debateable of course

I'll keep out of this one... but I'll stick around to watch. smile

Animal man would be a better choice since he has shown to be able to use the abilties of alien species

SpunkySmurph
Animal man would be a better choice since he has shown to be able to use the abilties of alien species

Good point.

Just throwin' ideas out there

rotiart

I thought we said that Dr. Fate and Dr. Strange level of magicians were out?

batdude123
I thought we said that Dr. Fate and Dr. Strange level of magicians were out?

Reread what I posted.

darthgoober
Ok, what about Onslaught(the original Xavier/Magneto combination, no Nate or Franklin)? And if he's useable, will we be able to use Magneto's and Xaviers feats also, or just Onslaughts?

Badabing

batdude123
Ok, what about Onslaught(the original Xavier/Magneto combination, no Nate or Franklin)? And if he's useable, will we be able to use Magneto's and Xaviers feats also, or just Onslaughts?

Anybody have any opinions on the Xavier/Magneto version of Onslaught being okay for this tourney?

Badabing
Anybody have any opinions on the Xavier/Magneto version of Onslaught being okay for this tourney?
As long as nobody uses the Hulk to smash him! eek! laughing

bigbran
Anybody have any opinions on the Xavier/Magneto version of Onslaught being okay for this tourney? He should be ok.

batdude123
I really don't have any problems with it.

darthgoober
A question on GL's, or their feats going to apply ONLY to themselves? Many people think of Kyle's and Hal's feats as interchangable, so will they be restricted to things that only they've personaly done, even though the rings grant pretty much identicle powers?

batdude123
A question on GL's, or their feats going to apply ONLY to themselves? Many people think of Kyle's and Hal's feats as interchangable, so will they be restricted to things that only they've personaly done, even though the rings grant pretty much identicle powers?

I'm not going to dismiss that idea, but it's up to the judges whether or not they want to count those particular scans for the decisions they make.

SpunkySmurph
Just out of curiosity, what are the points of 'death' or defeat for robots (or such things) that can't technically 'die' or become 'unconcious'?

leonidas
I'm not going to dismiss that idea, but it's up to the judges whether or not they want to count those particular scans for the decisions they make.

if i'm judging, i will only be counting gl feats accomplished by THAT gl . . . ie -- the feats will NOT be interchangeable.

gl's powers may be the same, but their minds are very differnt and what occurs to one may not occur to the other . . .

and of course only powers they have CONSCIOUSLY displayed will be valid in my matches. wink

SpunkySmurph
Originally posted by SpunkySmurph
Just out of curiosity, what are the points of 'death' or defeat for robots (or such things) that can't technically 'die' or become 'unconcious'?

Let me clarify.

Again, this is all curiosity-

Nimrod's conciousness, for instance, can supposedly exist seperate from his actual body. Beyond that, he can regenerate.

And he is not the only one.

So what is the limit for such beings?

Validus
GL feats need to be examined on a case by case example. I don't think blanket statements are fair in their regard.

darthgoober
Originally posted by leonidas
if i'm judging, i will only be counting gl feats accomplished by THAT gl . . . ie -- the feats will NOT be interchangeable.

gl's powers may be the same, but their minds are very differnt and what occurs to one may not occur to the other . . .

and of course only powers they have CONSCIOUSLY displayed will be valid in my matches. wink
And how much credit will you be lending to Pre Crisis GL feats(since the current versions never ACTUALLY preformed them)?

Validus
And how much credit will you be lending to Pre Crisis GL feats(since the current versions never ACTUALLY preformed them)?
Except they really did.

darthgoober
Except they really did.
But not the CURRENT versions. They thought of it(and had the ability to pull it off) in another life so to speak. Just because they thought of it THEN, doesn't mean that they'll think of it NOW, because the current versions have never faced the circumstances which cause them to think of the feats in the first place. I'm not really objecting, I'm just trying to discern what will be exepted by everyone.

batdude123
Pre-Crisis Superman...

yay? thumb up

or

nay? thumb down

Tassadar
Pre-Crisis Superman...

yay? thumb up

or

nay? thumb down

thumb down

batdude123
Originally posted by Tassadar
thumb down

I'm only going to put him down if Validus personally admits Pre-Crisis Superman>Hal Jordan. evil face

Devil Lance
Pre-Crisis Superman...

yay? thumb up

or

nay? thumb down
thumb up whistle

bigbran
Can I use masterbruce?

Validus
But not the CURRENT versions. They thought of it(and had the ability to pull it off) in another life so to speak. Just because they thought of it THEN, doesn't mean that they'll think of it NOW, because the current versions have never faced the circumstances which cause them to think of the feats in the first place. I'm not really objecting, I'm just trying to discern what will be exepted by everyone.
I don't get this past life analogy. Hal has even referenced several adventures from the PC days even as recent as his current GL run. The Green Arrow/Green Lantern team up right before Emerald Twilight was all about him thinking about stuff he did back in those days.

Devil Lance
Can I use masterbruce?

Are you kidding h*ll no

thsi is a herald level toruney not a TOAA level tourney stick out tongue

batdude123
I'm only going to put him down if Validus personally admits Pre-Crisis Superman>Hal Jordan. evil face

bigbran
Are you kidding h*ll no

thsi is a herald level toruney not a TOAA level tourney stick out tongue I was just looking for an instant win.

Devil Lance
I was just looking for an instant win.

nono mad

Validus
If you allowed PC Superman you'd have to allow PC everyone and then the whole thing is basically the same as if you picked the current versions, no?

darthgoober
I don't get this past life analogy. Hal has even referenced several adventures from the PC days even as recent as his current GL run. The Green Arrow/Green Lantern team up right before Emerald Twilight was all about him thinking about stuff he did back in those days.
Hey if everyone is willing to admit them that's fine with me, I was just playing devils advocate so I would know for sure how the judges felt about it.

darthgoober
Pre Crisis Supes is kinda tough to call. The speed cap keeps anyone from using his rediculose speed showings(those giving everyone else a chance). I wouldn't see a problem with it, so long as it was established HOW vulnerable he was to things like magic, red sun, and k-nite(barring vulnerabilities to those I would say he shouldn't be used, but with them it doesn't seem that bad).

batdude123
If you allowed PC Superman you'd have to allow PC everyone and then the whole thing is basically the same as if you picked the current versions, no?

If Hal Jordan can be used in this tourney... there's no reason to exclude Pre-Crisis Superman as a pickable character, now is there? smile

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>