im tired of DBZ!!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

konte66
why do ppl like DBZ so much its over with its been over for like a year so just forget about it now!!!!!

Kero_Co
Akira is old, should we forget about that? How about Princess Mononoke or Cowboy Bebop. Although DBZ isn't as grand as the previously metioned, it introduced a lot of fans into anime. Not only that, but it was inspiration to other shows like One Piece and Naruto. Sure its old, but that doesn't lessen its impact at all.

Darth Macabre
Actually it ended like....10 years ago.

Ricodrayz
Originally posted by konte66
why do ppl like DBZ so much its over with its been over for like a year so just forget about it now!!!!! I like Dbz still; just to piss you off smile

Ross Wyatt
Yah man! Get outta here yah son of a b!tch! We like DBZ!

XxILuvVegetaxX
Originally posted by Ross Wyatt
Yah man! Get outta here yah son of a b!tch! We like DBZ!

Can't we be a little more civil? ^^;;

If you mean, the amounts of threads focused on dbz, and how people say it's the the best anime ever created...then yes. (is that a lil ironic considering my sn? XD) Though, I don't see why you created a thread that is basically to bash dbz. Even if it wasn't dbz, I dont think you should make these types of threads. Why does it bother you what other people like? If they wanna talk about dbz, then let them be, it shouldn't affect you. I'm not trying to start a fight or anything, I'm just saying saying, again, people can like whatever they want, its their business and no one else's ~

Ross Wyatt
Ummm...okay...look can we just do this: If we cant say something nice about something else, dont say it at all. I know this sounds kinda child like but we've been acting like children with all the fussing.

DarkDethbringer
*rolls eyes* if you dont liek it, who cares I presonally liek it. The first anime I coudl truly relate to. then followed anime like Yu Yu Hakusho, Evangelion and multiple others but yes DB/Z/GT ended a long time ago. But in my opininon he should make a big time movie or something. to sum up the series but point is DBZ rules

Adult Swim Guy
I like dbz its one of the serise that has been talked aoubt for a long time

evil_kidz
DBZ is one of the worst anime ive ver seen

evil_kidz
ever*

Lana
Originally posted by Kero_Co
Akira is old, should we forget about that? How about Princess Mononoke or Cowboy Bebop. Although DBZ isn't as grand as the previously metioned, it introduced a lot of fans into anime. Not only that, but it was inspiration to other shows like One Piece and Naruto. Sure its old, but that doesn't lessen its impact at all.

Frankly, I think Dragonball Z is garbage...as well as One Piece and Naruto.

Captain SEX
That's because you are weak.

no expression

Emperor Ashtar
Originally posted by Captain SEX
That's because you are weak.

no expression

Co-Signed

Lil' Gangsta
I' like dbz too!!!

Kero_Co
Originally posted by Lana
Frankly, I think Dragonball Z is garbage...as well as One Piece and Naruto.

I can understand why, as the story is often just an excuse to fight, but for those that don't mind the lack of story will find that DBZ set the standard for most violent shonen anime. Naruto is deeper in its characterizations which is probably one of the reasons its so popular. If you enjoy the characters it doesn't matter(too much) if the story is lame, but if you have a deep story with shallow lame characters that you can't relate to, its going suck the life out of the whole experiance. I can't defend One Piece because I don't know enough about it.

Emperor Ashtar
I can understand why, as the story is often just an excuse to fight, but for those that don't mind the lack of story will find that DBZ set the standard for most violent shonen anime. Naruto is deeper in its characterizations which is probably one of the reasons its so popular. If you enjoy the characters it doesn't matter(too much) if the story is lame, but if you have a deep story with shallow lame characters that you can't relate to, its going suck the life out of the whole experiance. I can't defend One Piece because I don't know enough about it.

One piece has a phenomenal story, and is quite possible the best manga ever. If I remember correctly, it is currently the most highest selling manga ever surpassing the previous slam dunk.

The plot, characters, and development is great and it keeps getting better.

Ross Wyatt
Originally posted by Lil' Gangsta
I' like dbz too!!!

Exactly. I think DBZ rocks so whoever doesnt like it...then thats your problom.

DarkDethbringer
one Peice sucks, pokemon sucks, Digimon sucks, Inuyasha sucks, but hey I used to think Naruto sucks but I got sucked into it

Captain SEX
Me to. All my friends were all in to it, and every nerd in the school walked around with Naruto head bands on for weeks. I avoided the show whenever possible, until I watched the first episode in Japanease wth subtitles on youtube. I fell in love erm

DarkDethbringer
yup and I still hate one peice npthing can change that. as unliek Naruto ive actually watched onepeice before saying I hated it. but hey this chick at my school thretaens me if I say it sucks even though oterh than that we leik eth same things we still hate each other one of those messed up rivalrys that have existed since leik kindergarten and only the apoocalypse wiill end but I digress

Captain SEX
I have a friend like that. I called Sora a pussy in front of him and he went off on me...

Emperor Ashtar
Originally posted by DarkDethbringer
yup and I still hate one peice npthing can change that. as unliek Naruto ive actually watched onepeice before saying I hated it. but hey this chick at my school thretaens me if I say it sucks even though oterh than that we leik eth same things we still hate each other one of those messed up rivalrys that have existed since leik kindergarten and only the apoocalypse wiill end but I digress

That's crazy, as much as I like one piece I wouldn't get mad because people dislike it. It's their opinion and their missing out.I was a naruto fan back when I used to watch the anime fansubbs in 2002, And began to read the manga. I grew tired of it post chunin exams and now it just plain sucks.

Kero_Co
I like Naruto after the exams. Shikamaru has stepped up and is a major character, Naruto has matured immensely, and no one looks at me funny when I say sasuke is gay anymore smile . The One Piece dubb pushed me away. I'd buy the manga but I'm trying to find some balance between manga, games, and anime.

Nicca
Yea dbz started me on anime so for me it's a classic a bit draged out but still a classic

Emperor Ashtar
I like Naruto after the exams. Shikamaru has stepped up and is a major character, Naruto has matured immensely, and no one looks at me funny when I say sasuke is gay anymore smile . The One Piece dubb pushed me away. I'd buy the manga but I'm trying to find some balance between manga, games, and anime.
Call me when the plot starts going somewhere, because it isn't. Hell, naruto came back from 2 year training just to train some more with barely demonstrating what jariaya taught him.

Nicca
wait tell naruto fights gara ohh that fight is so awesome

Emperor Ashtar
Originally posted by Nicca
wait tell naruto fights gara ohh that fight is so awesome
I way past that, I'm talking about post time skip.

Nicca
ohh ok

cloud_99
oo come on
DBZ is wat made anima popular
it inspired alot of ideas for now a day showes
soooo i agree with DarkDeathbringer about having a big time show
soo if u gota say somethin about dbz
u can but ill put up a fight

Emperor Ashtar
Originally posted by cloud_99
oo come on
DBZ is wat made anima popular
it inspired alot of ideas for now a day showes
soooo i agree with DarkDeathbringer about having a big time show
soo if u gota say somethin about dbz
u can but ill put up a fight

It also help create massive misconceptions about anime, I agree DZ is a classic. But, fans tend to exaggerate it's merits.

cloud_99
Originally posted by Emperor Ashtar
It also help create massive misconceptions about anime, I agree DZ is a classic. But, fans tend to exaggerate it's merits.

true true

Blaxican
Originally posted by Emperor Ashtar
Call me when the plot starts going somewhere, because it isn't. Hell, naruto came back from 2 year training just to train some more with barely demonstrating what jariaya taught him.

The fillers and such are going to end after Lunar New year.

spencerspider
DBZ got me into anime, for me it is a classic type deal. i will always like dbz

Emperor Ashtar
Originally posted by Blaxican
The fillers and such are going to end after Lunar New year.
Dude, I don't watch any anime of a shonen title, ever. I read the manga, and it's not going nowhere.

DarkDethbringer
have they even madfe post time skip into anime yet?

Emperor Ashtar
Originally posted by DarkDethbringer
have they even madfe post time skip into anime yet?

wait till feburary.

DarkDethbringer
all i can do

Ross Wyatt
Okay.

Gregory
DBZ was fantastically influential. Also, fantastically awful. Just because something is important, that doesn't make it good.

WrathfulDwarf
Not another one...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.