Doomsday vs Sentry

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

norrinradd43
Sounds like a good matchup...but is the sentry for real enough to take down Big D pirate

Howard_Jones
Sentry chucks him into the sun. no expression

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Howard_Jones
Sentry chucks him into the sun. no expression

And this does what?

Galan777
I think Sentry's best option would be to completely mind-f*ck Doomsday, but who knows if that would put him down.

DD takes the majority 6-7/10

He can't be killed

HelloThere
Depends how many time DD can come back. Sentry whoops him otherwise.

Soleran
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
And this does what?

Can Doomsday fly back to earth?

Faceman
Sentry wins, and lives to tell the story...

PRAYERRUN
Why does everybody assume that Sentry will kick Doomsday's butt that easily? Superman died fighting this thing.

Soleran
Originally posted by PRAYERRUN
Why does everybody assume that Sentry will kick Doomsday's butt that easily?

Why not?

HelloThere
Allot of people think thats PIS.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Doomsday withstood the OE. Sentry doesn't stand a chance in hell.

Soleran
Doomsday withstood the OE. Sentry doesn't stand a chance in hell.

No one answered my question though, can Doomsday fly if not BFR for the win.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Soleran
No one answered my question though, can Doomsday fly if not BFR for the win.

Doomsday can evolve powers temporily that allow him to win over his opponent no matter what. He can fly if he needed to according to his powers bio.

Soleran
Doomsday can evolve powers temporily that allow him to win over his opponent no matter what. He can fly if he needed to according to his powers bio.

Yeah I have never seen him fly though, his evolve tactic is cool toosmile

nvrbeenwthagirl
Yeah I have never seen him fly though, his evolve tactic is cool toosmile

I don't think it would even come to that. Doomsday is so tuff, I doubt Sentry would be able to just pick him up and throw him into the sun. I dont' know the lvl of Sentry's tuffness either. If he can withstand sustained punches from Doomsday. So I'm not one to really give a fair sumation. But I don't think Sentry has the power of the OE, and Doomsday resisted the OE out of his shear evolution power.

harri
dd wins he is just amaisin

Faceman
Originally posted by harri
dd wins he is just amaisin Hey pen? big grin

Galan777
I don't think it would even come to that. Doomsday is so tuff, I doubt Sentry would be able to just pick him up and throw him into the sun. I dont' know the lvl of Sentry's tuffness either. If he can withstand sustained punches from Doomsday. So I'm not one to really give a fair sumation. But I don't think Sentry has the power of the OE, and Doomsday resisted the OE out of his shear evolution power. I do agree that DD wins, but Sentry would give him a descent fight, having beaten Terrax, and battled Genis to a standstill in past appearences.

Rewmac
It would be the same effect as Superman. Maybe Sentry mind f'ucks him or teleports him into the sun. Then he comes back even stronger. And surely stronger than Sentry.

Soleran
Originally posted by Rewmac
It would be the same effect as Superman. Maybe Sentry mind f'ucks him or teleports him into the sun. Then he comes back even stronger. And surely stronger than Sentry.

How does he come back though, DD cannot fly.

Supreme being
Originally posted by Rewmac

It depends what doomsday the thread starter is refering to if its later versions after the dos then its goodbye sentry.

Galan777
How does he come back though, DD cannot fly. But he can leap incredible distances, much like the Hulk

nvrbeenwthagirl
How does he come back though, DD cannot fly. \

There are a lot of things Doomsday cannot do. But then he evolves temporarily to overcome his adversary. How does Doomsday constantly manage to fight opponents who can fly. Thanos doesn't turn everyone he fights into stone, but we know he can. Just as we know Doomsday can evolve to fly to port or what ever.

Soleran
Originally posted by Galan777
But he can leap incredible distances, much like the Hulk

From the sun though, probably not.

Galan777
From the sun though, probably not. Why, I see no reason why he couldn't.

See this is why there should be a no BFR stipulation on all the v.s. threads, because throwing someone into the sun shouldn't allow that character to win just because he is fighting a non-flyer.

Rewmac
If it's Gog Wars Doomsday, Sentry will be pwned.

Soleran
Why, I see no reason why he couldn't.

See this is why there should be a no BFR stipulation on all the v.s. threads, because throwing someone into then sun shouldn't allow that character to win just because he is fighting a non-flyer.

Well I see several reasons why DD wouldn't be able to like Mercury, Venus, Asteroids the Earth constantly moving etc etc.......

BFR is the most viable option for Sentry in this fight in my opinion.

Galan777
BFR is the most viable option for Sentry in this fight in my opinion. See IMO BFR isn't beating the opponent, if the opponent is capable of coming back...

I think Sentry's best option is mind rape.

nvrbeenwthagirl
BFR is the only way to beat Doomsday if one doesn't have sufficiant power to put him down quickly. Hell the JLA combined has had to trap Doomsday. So One Sentry would have to remove him and run like hell.

Soleran
See IMO BFR isn't beating the opponent, if the opponent is capable of coming back...

I think Sentry's best option is mind rape.

DD isn't capable of coming back based on all his different versions that have been shown.

Besides it would be smarter for Sentry to chuck DD away from the sun due to his kyrptonian physiology, more like Pluto or Uranus!

Galan777
DD isn't capable of coming back based on all his different versions that have been shown.

Besides it would be smarter for Sentry to chuck DD away from the sun due to his kyrptonian physiology, more like Pluto or Uranus! He could eventually come back though, as I said he can jump incredible distances.

juggernaut66666
Throwing DD into the Sun would make him stronger and he might find out that he can also fly since he also has Kryptonian DNA

juggernaut66666
I think Sentry's best option would be to completely mind-f*ck Doomsday, but who knows if that would put him down.

He can't be killed
MM tried to mind rape him before
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o97/juggernaut666666/1-1.jpg
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o97/juggernaut666666/2.jpg

harri
Originally posted by Faceman
Hey pen? big grin laughing out loud

Tassadar
Why, I see no reason why he couldn't.

See this is why there should be a no BFR stipulation on all the v.s. threads, because throwing someone into the sun shouldn't allow that character to win just because he is fighting a non-flyer.

Reason 1) The Sun is made entirely of plasma, which is similiar to a liquid, meaning he cant jump off it.
Reason 2) The Sun produces more gravity than a singal burst of force is capable of overcoming unless it is several thousand times greater than the Suns gravitational effect, because gravity is a constant, unlike the force produced by DDs jump.

RSSR
Originally posted by Tassadar
Reason 1) The Sun is made entirely of plasma, which is similiar to a liquid, meaning he cant jump off it.
Reason 2) The Sun produces more gravity than a singal burst of force is capable of overcoming unless it is several thousand times greater than the Suns gravitational effect, because gravity is a constant, unlike the force produced by DDs jump.

Exactly.

I'll also like to add another reason.
Reason 3) Once in the Sun, Doomsday becomes Atum's problem...

Superherovandal
yes but he'd probably develop some flying or teleporting power to get him out of the sun

Soleran
Which is why I said throw him in the opposite direction, he's kryptonian so take away his sun, Pluto sounds reasonable or even Jupiter.

Avalonofthewind
Sentry dies.

Soleran
Originally posted by Avalonofthewind
Sentry dies.

But does he crack a smile at least!

Avalonofthewind
But does he crack a smile at least!

Yes. He gets peace at last. smile

Howard_Jones
And this does what?

Kills him. Like it would anything. no expression

Howard_Jones
Originally posted by juggernaut66666
Throwing DD into the Sun would make him stronger and he might find out that he can also fly since he also has Kryptonian DNA

His DNA isn't Kryptonian. He's just an experiment from that planet. He was created before there was life on that planet. If he's thrown into the sun, he's dead.

Deathstroke
Isn't DD fast enough to grab Senty if he tries to grab him and throw him into the sun. Superman talked about how fast he was so if Sentry grabs him I'm thinking DD would be aware enough to fight back.

juggernaut66666
His DNA isn't Kryptonian. He's just an experiment from that planet. He was created before there was life on that planet. If he's thrown into the sun, he's dead.
After Our Worlds At War Lex Luthor modified DD's DNA so now he also has Kryptonian DNA aswell
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o97/juggernaut666666/1-2.jpg

Howard_Jones
Originally posted by juggernaut66666
After Our Worlds At War Lex Luthor modified DD's DNA so now he also has Kryptonian DNA aswell
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o97/juggernaut666666/1-2.jpg

WTF? If Darkseid and all the scientists on Apokalips couldn't do it, then how in hell could Lex?

juggernaut66666
ermmsrug

Howard_Jones
Guh. They need to hire better Superman writers, I swear. The little details that have meaning for characters tend to get lost in translation.

Marius_twa@t
WTF? If Darkseid and all the scientists on Apokalips couldn't do it, then how in hell could Lex?

Because Marvel fans underestimate Lex. He is a genius at Reed Richards level. For prrof read how easily he took out Swampthing at his most godlike in Gotham.

smile

Howard_Jones
*sigh*

I'm sorry, but it still makes now sense. I know Lex is smart, but doing something Darkseid couldn't is more shitting on Kirby's characters. It's sad.

Marius_twa@t
*sigh*

I'm sorry, but it still makes now sense. I know Lex is smart, but doing something Darkseid couldn't is more shitting on Kirby's characters. It's sad.

Not really "Howard" it just shows you have never read Alan Moores swamp thing run. Reed Richards does things Alien Godlike geniuses have never thought of all the time. No shitting on Kirby although Eisner was far more important to comics anyway.

- Marius

Howard_Jones
Originally posted by Marius_twa@t
Not really "Howard" it just shows you have never read Alan Moores swamp thing run. Reed Richards does things Alien Godlike geniuses have never thought of all the time. No shitting on Kirby although Eisner was far more important to comics anyway.

- Marius

I haven't really had the opportunity to read Moore's run. Reccomended read?

Also, why did you put my name in quotations?

Marius_twa@t
I haven't really had the opportunity to read Moore's run. Reccomended read?

Also, why did you put my name in quotations?

I was merely emphasising your name.

"Howard"

http://cctvimedia.clearchannel.com/howard%20jones.jpg

and yes it's a brilliant read.

- Marius

Howard_Jones
Actually, this is the Howard Jones I got my username from:

http://www.fourteeng.net/photos/ozz05ksevox01.jpg

He's the lead singer of Killswitch Engage, thus my avatar.

Marius_twa@t
Actually, this is the Howard Jones I got my username from:

http://www.fourteeng.net/photos/ozz05ksevox01.jpg

He's the lead singer of Killswitch Engage, thus my avatar.

ROFL what a stupid name for a band.

smile

Soleran
OMG you're black>?

Howard_Jones
Nope. Whiter than the Queen of England.

Just a big fan of the band.

newyorkcares
Originally posted by Galan007

He can't be killed
yeah,but superman without kryptonite, red sun and magic(most other flying caped dudes made in his image)can? Like ,im not saying that Sentry cant die,butlike...how? PLease dont quote talk about the death of superman,because that was a poorly written, haggard excuse to kill superman without justification. Barring a "mindf*@k" Sentry probs would just chuck him into the sun. Yeah, it probs wouldn't kill him
but how the pig is he gonna escape from that?the fight is friggin over.

Laminator_X
If the Sentry fights as stupidly as Superman did in TDOS, he'd loose too. However, while the Sentry is more reluctant to commit his great might than Supes is (being bat$#17 insane, he lacks clark's moral compass) he's far more prone to utterly dominate with overwhelming force from the get-go when he does. The Sentry normally fights like Superman did when he put the Elite in their place, except that as a closet-psychopath, he will rip people's heads clean off to boot. The way he simply "handled" Terrax and Attuma in the 2nd Sentry mini is a good example. If the Sentry brings his best game, he'd best the Ultimate too.

Besides, if Supes had done something other than stand there and punch it out with DD, he'd have won too.

Ironically, the Void could take Supes or DD with little difficulty, but that's another thread.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.