New X-Men vs Fantastic Four

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

xmarksthespot
New X-Men
Hellion
Dust
Surge
Mercury
Rockslide
X23

vs

Fantastic Four
Invisible Woman
Mr Fantastic
Thing
Human Torch

1) No killing. No speedblitz.
2) Anything goes.
3) Anything goes. Hellion has the mental blocks that restrict his powers removed and remains amped for the duration.

Galan777
Id lean towards the FF here....

They have beaten more powerful opponents in the past, and they are experienced as a team...

DarkCrawler
FF defenitely.

Madvillain
New X-Men are inexperienced. FF4 10/10 here.

celestialdemon
These X-Men don't have nearly enough experience to handle the FF. FF wins 10/10.

Grimm22
1) FF 9-10/10
2) FF 8-9/10
3) Hellion 8-9/10

xmarksthespot
For number 3.
http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/6352/newxmen31028cx5.th.jpghttp://img227.imageshack.us/img227/4381/newxmen31029nw0.th.jpghttp://img227.imageshack.us/img227/3563/newxmen31030xl7.th.jpghttp://img299.imageshack.us/img299/3290/newxmen31031dd3.th.jpghttp://img299.imageshack.us/img299/3027/newxmen31032dc4.th.jpg

hulk10
Wolverine would slice up Jonny then X would take control of ben and have him kill reed and sue then X would teleport ben to the astral plane.

Soljer
Storm comes in and takes both teams with her Terra-ton nuclear hurricanes.

Old X-Men for the win.

celestialdemon
Originally posted by Soljer
Storm comes in and takes both teams with her Terra-ton nuclear hurricanes.

Old X-Men for the win.

laughing thumb up

Omega-level
Fantastic Four in all 3 very easily. More powerful and much, much more experient.

Metalmanx
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
New X-Men
Hellion
Dust
Surge
Mercury
Rockslide
X23

vs

Fantastic Four
Invisible Woman
Mr Fantastic
Thing
Human Torch

2) Anything goes.
3) Anything goes. Hellion has the mental blocks that restrict his powers removed and remains amped for the duration.

I can definitely see the New X-Men taking the slight victory in the first one and then a definite victory in the next two.

xmarksthespot
Bump. Add Elixir to the New X-Men.

quanchi112
ff wins i think

llagrok
Originally posted by Omega-level
Fantastic Four in all 3 very easily. More powerful and much, much more experient.

They're not more powerful, far from it.

FF4 would take the majority in the first, and at least 6/10 in the second.

I'm still not sure about the third one, is Hellion bloodlusted?

srankmissingnin
Thing solos them. smile

nimbus006
1. F4 9/10

2. F4 6/10

3. New X-Men 7/10

snoopdogg
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Thing solos them. smile That's actually possible.

llagrok
Originally posted by snoopdogg
That's actually possible.

Doubt that.

snoopdogg
Originally posted by llagrok
Doubt that. Colossus has done it.

srankmissingnin
Colossus has done it.

Easily with out so much as working up a sweat.

F4 easily clean house in all three fights.

Terryc250
Colossus solo'd the new xmen extremely easy, the new xmen have great power, but theyre too young and inexperienced to use them at best

FF for the win on all 3, fairly easy

llagrok
Colossus has done it.

Gee, you think I missed that comic somehow?

Colossus fight was different and they were jobbing. Colossus wouldn't resist any of Hellion's TK, get the **** outta here. Hellion can crush him, he blew straight through a O*N*E Sentinel.

Hellion's pretty much one of the strongest TK users in the marvel verse now, he can stalemate IW. He lacks a bit control, but has better offensive capabilities.

Mercury's the shorter metal version of reed. Rockslide's the slightly weaker version of the Thing. Elixir can kill most of them with a touch. X-23 can slice 'em up good and has far better martial arts skill. Surge's faster than any of them. Dust's pretty versatile, though the Torch is better.

We saw that they can work as a team in WWH: X-men, so it's not like this is the first time they're ever working together. They know how to work in unison.

If you give the F4 powerset and intelligence to a non 60 year old superhero #1 favourite team, they'd lose.

How about giving them LOA and Gentle?

snoopdogg

Colossus fight was different and they were jobbing. Colossus wouldn't resist any of Hellion's TK, get the **** outta here. Hellion can crush him, he blew straight through a O*N*E Sentinel.

Hellion's pretty much one of the strongest TK users in the marvel verse now, he can stalemate IW. He lacks a bit control, but has better offensive capabilities.

Mercury's the shorter metal version of reed. Rockslide's the slightly weaker version of the Thing. Elixir can kill most of them with a touch. X-23 can slice 'em up good and has far better martial arts skill. Surge's faster than any of them. Dust's pretty versatile, though the Torch is better.

We saw that they can work as a team in WWH: X-men, so it's not like this is the first time they're ever working together. They know how to work in unison.

If you give the F4 powerset and intelligence to a non 60 year old superhero #1 favourite team, they'd lose.

How about giving them LOA and Gentle? Is Hellion still at those power levels though?

Colossus wasn't even trying to hurt them either during their battle. Imagine if he was?

Basically these guys are not match for the FF.

llagrok
Is Hellion still at those power levels though?

Colossus wasn't even trying to hurt them either during their battle. Imagine if he was?

Basically these guys are not match for the FF.

Wrong again.

Hellion is at that power level permanently. Go read, go check his sessions with Beast. Go, go, have fun.

You take one poor showing against a class 90/100 to contradict a recent great showings against the Hulk? Or a great showing against Nimrod? Who beat the combined efforts of Classic Juggernaut and the x-men? And killed several Hellfire members?

dur

F4 has good prep feats, no need to downgrade New x-men because of that. Not saying the F4 would lose, but a lot of their feats only happened because they happen to be the main characters.

srankmissingnin

How about giving them LOA and Gentle?

The thing is Colossus is just plain stronger then Hellions telekinesis. If he tried to crush him, Colossus would have just over powered his telekinesis, causing a backlash of telekinetic energy... which is exactly what he did. No was jobbing, right now the New X-Men are just inexperienced C list heroes who don't have what it takes to dance with the big boys.

Colossus walked all over the New X-Men. The Hulk (holding back and lacking a healing factor) walked all over the New X-Men. It wouldn't be any different for the Thing.

llagrok
The thing is Colossus is just plain stronger then Hellions telekinesis. If he tried to crush him, Colossus would have just over powered his telekinesis, causing a backlash of telekinetic energy... which is exactly what he did. No was jobbing, right now the New X-Men are just inexperienced C list heroes who don't have what it takes to dance with the big boys.

Colossus walked all over the New X-Men. The Hulk (holding back and lacking a healing factor) walked all over the New X-Men. It wouldn't be any different for the Thing.

You see, this is where you're wrong.

You think a class Alpha telekinetic at full potential isn't stronger than a class 90/100?

THEN HOW THE **** DID NATE GREY EVER PUNCH APART HOLOCAUST OR APOCALYPSE?

srankmissingnin
You see, this is where you're wrong.

You think a class Alpha telekinetic at full potential isn't stronger than a class 90/100?

THEN HOW THE **** DID NATE GREY EVER PUNCH APART HOLOCAUST OR APOCALYPSE?

By being vastly superior to Hellion?

llagrok
By being vastly superior to Hellion?

How do you know the extent of Hellion's telekinesis?

They've all stated that he's one of the strongest ones there is. You're underestimating him so much is just ridiculous. I'd say his telekinesis is at the same level of Exodus'.

Turns out I was wrong though. Emma Frost toned him down again, so he's not at his max again.

I agree with you smile

Jebus reborn

They've all stated that he's one of the strongest ones there is. You're underestimating him so much is just ridiculous. I'd say his telekinesis is at the same level of Exodus'.

Turns out I was wrong though. Emma Frost toned him down again, so he's not at his max again.

I agree with you smile Except... Exodus and Nate both have impressive showings, and Hellion doesn't really have things to prove he's there yet.
I mean, Exodus?

No!

snoopdogg

I agree with you smile How strong is Unusciones telekenisis?

srankmissingnin

Because I've read the New X-Men and I know what he has shown himself to be capable of. So far he has not done a single thing that would suggest to me that he is in same league as Nate or Exodus... and anything other then interpreting what he has actually done is just speculation.

snoopdogg

I agree with you smile There is where I say "I told you so!"

llagrok

llagrok
Because I've read the New X-Men and I know what he has shown himself to be capable of. So far he has not done a single thing that would suggest to me that he is in same league as Nate or Exodus... and anything other then interpreting what he has actually done is just speculation.

Exodus' telekinetic feats? Common.

He has a lot of power feats, not so many telekinetic feats.

Terryc250
^ also, how do u know that hellion is THAT special, maybe if mental blocks were taken off of other TK users like Sue Storm, or Jean grey or somethin, theyd be like 10x even more nuts then Hellion was when he had his block removed

llagrok
Originally posted by Terryc250
^ also, how do u know that hellion is THAT special, maybe if mental blocks were taken off of other TK users like Sue Storm, or Jean grey or somethin, theyd be like 10x even more nuts then Hellion was when he had his block removed

That doesn't make sense though. Not everyone has self imposed blocks, nor can you just remove them like that.

Invisible woman has force field powers, not telekinesis. There's a difference, small one but a difference nonetheless.

Your statement shows that you lack knowledge. Jean is an omega class, how could she ever be shown to her full extent?

srankmissingnin
I'd like to also mention that just because a character has the potential to be powerful doesn't mean they will reach that potential. Pro. X said that Magneto was potentially more power then the Pheonix force... and he clearly isn't near that powerful.

llagrok
I'd like to also mention that just because a character has the potential to be powerful doesn't mean they will reach that potential. Pro. X said that Magneto was potentially more power then the Pheonix force... and he clearly isn't near that powerful.

Exactly.

Hellion was potentially one of the strongest telekinetics. When she released his blocks, he was one of the strongest telekinetics, now that she put some weaker blocks back, he's not that strong.

I still think a full powered Hellion is stronger than Colossus.

xmarksthespot
Regarding Colossus, that was prior to Hellion's upgrade, and they were fighting stupidly.

Regarding Hellion's current powers, they're not at the same level as they were temporarily but they have been significantly enhanced, but that's somewhat irrelevant because I have 3 scenarios in the OP.

2) Anything goes.

Anyone who thinks Colossus would somehow beat that Hellion, is fooling themself.

Tony Stark
Originally posted by Metalmanx
I can definitely see the New X-Men taking the slight victory in the first one and then a definite victory in the next two.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Of course they would...

eek!

laughing

laughing out loud

rolling on floor laughing

stick out tongue

What If...
The Hulk (holding back and lacking a healing factor) walked all over the New X-Men. It wouldn't be any different for the Thing.

The fact that you even compare WWH to Thing is ridiculous.

Hulk didn't have a healing factor for a panel or two...you act as if the whole battle he was incapable of healing.
They went up against him and held their ground, even if he wasn't trying, he was still swinging his arms - which I still consider a feat considering who it is.

Btw, what's up with these deceiving WWH covers no expression

snoopdogg
Colossus putting a beatin on the New X-Men is not relevant to this thread anyways.

Powerwise they may be more powerful than the FF but they don't have the skills or teamwork yet to be a threat.

llagrok
Colossus putting a beatin on the New X-Men is not relevant to this thread anyways.

Powerwise they may be more powerful than the FF but they don't have the skills or teamwork yet to be a threat.

I agree.

They're a threat, but wouldn't take the majority in any case. Except possibly the last one, depending on Sue.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.