How rich is George Lucus?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

coolmovies
He brings out the same three classic films in so many ways e.g. SE , OOT ,Video,Dvd, HDDVD .

what next ?

So how rich is he ?? will he ever stop ? confused

queeq
Rich.

General G
Very Rich.

OB1-adobe
He's a billionare

General G
Richer than anyone here.

amity75
I read recently that he's worth 4 billion. That's a lot of sweets.

queeq
Quite.

steverules
Yoda shifty

queeq
Is he rich too?

coolmovies
The more he changes the movies the more richer he gets

General G
Getting rich off of a lot of my hard-earned money.

Darth Subjekt
isnt that the way it always works?

Rampant ox
But thats not to say that Mr Lucas didnt put alot of hard work in himself. 30 odd years of his life were dedicated to making SW - without him we wouldnt have any of the movies and chances are we wouldnt be here having this conversation.

Antaeus
Ups - see below

Antaeus
Originally posted by Antaeus
Special Report
Star Wars
Forbes.com staff, 11.01.05, 12:40 PM ET
http://www.forbes.com/2005/05/16/starwarsland.html

Star Wars is much more than a movie. It's a global phenomenon, with legions of devoted fans. Since the release of the original film in 1977, Luke Skywalker, Darth Vader, Princess Leia and the rest of the gang have become a familiar part of our culture, their legendary story as familiar as Robin Hood's.

Star Wars is also a gold mine. Director George Lucas parlayed the movie's success into an empire, founding landmark companies Lucasfilm and Industrial Light & Magic. The six films, books, videogames, action figures and television shows have pulled in well over $20 billion and counting. Lucas himself can boast a net worth of more than $3.5 billion.

In May, Lucas released Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith, the last film in the franchise. On Nov. 1, Revenge of the Sith will be released on DVD, so we decided to pull together the best of Forbes' Star Wars coverage to celebrate the occasion. May the force be with you.

queeq
That says it all..

JaehSkywalker
all i know he's richer than me...

queeq
A LOT richer than you.

JaehSkywalker
i'll take that.

queeq
Lot richer than me too...

JaehSkywalker
looks like it.. think you'll ever reach his status?

queeq
Nope.

coolmovies
remember when EP1 came out ?? There where so many ep 1 toys

queeq
A LOT!!! And expensive too, they've gotten cheaper nowadays. I remember something like $15 for an action figure, ridiculous

coolmovies
Jaja binks laughing

Darth Putte
Yesterday I found 10$ in the street and felt rich for an whole hour...

queeq
Good for you. And then you went to McDonald's?

coolmovies
lucky u

queeq
Hehehehe

overlord
He is richs.. ninja

yettoh

EPIIIBITES
"How rich is George Lucus?"

Silly rich.

queeq
3 billion... enough to bring a small 3rd world country into the modern age.

yettoh
why dosent he give it to the charity called people whoved talked on how rich is george lucas thread and share it out even

queeq
Maybe he wants to spend it on another SW movie.

coolmovies
no way

queeq
Guess just the TV show then.

coolmovies
i think he did give some money to charity a few mones ago

queeq
Prolly.

coolmovies
he said he cant bring out the OOT in an outstanding format coz it costs millions but hes rich why doest he not spend his money ?

queeq
He spends only to make money. Guess it doesn't balance it out, plus he doesn';t care about the OOT. Only the fans do. His latest DVD version is the one he prefers as HIS SW, so why spend a lot of money on something you don't agree with.

I understand him, DISAGREE with him, but I do understand it.

coolmovies
Why did he make them in the first place ? lolz

queeq
To make his vision come true. He claims only now it can come to full fruition.

overlord
Pfff.. he originally had all death star II scenes on coruscant. It wasn't possible then, so if he wants to realise his "vision" now, there is a lot more to change.

But it's rediculous anyway, even the constant release of the OT with some minor changes.

queeq
I agree, but he feels differently, saying "films are not finished, only abandoned"all the time.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.