My MU Earth-999999999

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Alfheim
Some of you might know my religon is Heathenism (Belief and philosophy of the viking). I got pe'd off with Marvel's bad writing of the Norse gods so I decided to make my own Heathen Marvel Universe. I haven't completely fleshed it out but here are some main differences between Earth- 999999999 and Earth 616.

1. The Gods managed to fend off the Celestials. All the other pantheons were destroyed except the Asagardian pantheon ( pantheon includes elves, dwarves etc).

2. All The Asagardian major gods (Thor, Tyr, Heimdall etc) are more or less as powerful as Odin. Leadership of the Gods is on a rotation basis. Thor was once the leader of the gods. Loki is not evil. Odin has an evil brother called Othin.

3. Everyone on earth still worships The Norse Gods but how they exactly do it varies from country to country. The whole world has a norse feel to it.

4. There is no X-gene but the God gene because the gods started to inter-marry with humans. The X men are called the God men. Some mutants are given certain names because their powers are seen to descend from certain gods. If you have superhuman strength you are said to have Thorite genes for example.

5. Magic is more powerful and technology is at 19th Century level. ( something I might change....the tech bit)

6. Captain America is Captain Germany his ancestors did not move to America. Captain Germany fought against Hitler who was trying to revive a twisted version of Viking Culture. The Holocaust never happened to the extent it did in this world. Captain Germany has magical powers drawn from the Norse God of combat Ull.

7. At the present time The Gods have become more distant to humans because they have become corrupt. Othin has started to take over the world with the Frost and Fire Giants and some Dark Elves.

HelloThere
You really believe in Thor and that shit ? laughing laughing laughing

Do you pray to Odin ??

supervenom
Originally posted by HelloThere

Do you pray to Odin ??

And most modern day religions take their stories/beliefs from previous "pagan" religions.

Ichigo66666

Do you pray to Odin ??

It is his beliefs you c*nt. He can pray to who he wants and believe what he wants.

Nice universe, i've always been interested in the Norse Gods.

Alfheim

Do you pray to Odin ??

Yes. As far as im concerned its the same thing as God. God is infinite and reveals to himself to people in infinte different ways.

I dont like praying to Odin that much he has a tendency to put people through hell.

Originally posted by Ichigo66666

Nice universe, i've always been interested in the Norse Gods.

Yeah but its just some rough ideas at this stage. I know quite abit about Norse culture and Marvel comics but I would have to do tons of research. I am lacking in knowledge of the Xmen who im going to call the God men. I need to research WW 2, I think this is the explanation im going to give to why mankind goes down hill. Hitler trys to revive the raping and pillaging days and is a follower of Othin.

Whose bad and whose good is going to be less clear cut. For example not all Giants will be evil and will not be traditionaly stupid and big. Some Dark elves will good and Hela is also not evil, Fenris and The World Serpent will be evil. Also The Asagardians will consist of different races. Persecution in this world is based on the God gene and ideologies that people hold but not on race.

HelloThere
Its a nice universe but Odin...Thor...

Alfheim
Its a nice unirverse but odin...Thor...

What about them?

Thor: My evil half-brother, Loki. A messenger from Asgard came to warn me that he escaped from his bonds again and journeyed to Midgard to do everything he could to--

Captain America: Thor, please.

Thor: What?

Captain America: Just shut up.

Thor: You go to church every Sunday, Captain. What I've got to say's no stranger than that.

invisiblewoman
i like it ! norse mythology is very interesting and i think not enough people know about it! they should show it more in school! i always remember going over egyptian and greek mythology but i had to look up norse mythology on my own!

Alfheim
Originally posted by invisiblewoman
i like it ! norse mythology is very interesting and i think not enough people know about it! they should show it more in school! i always remember going over egyptian and greek mythology but i had to look up norse mythology on my own!

Tell me about it! I don't know why that is.

invisiblewoman
yeah i have often wondered myself . . .

roughrider
Fascinating. Any daily or weekly worship requirements for the Norse Pantheon?
(You don't sacrifice animals, do you?)

I have a recipie for making a barrel of mead. Have you tried that?

Alfheim
yeah i have often wondered myself . . .

You know something I suspect. It might be because of the Nazis. Hitler tried to revive the traditions of the Vikings. Unfortunately today some Viking symbols have negative conatations. The swastika is actually a symbol for Thor. The nazi salute is actually a salute that the Vikings used to give each other, as far as I know. In the Lord Of The Rings you see two statues doing something similar.

Also I think the Vikings were very passionate people but not very "sophisticated". They were great explorers but not know for their advances in technology. Eventhough I love the Norse gods they are not as glamorous as the Greek gods. Even Norse kings were kinda "common" but thats why I love them. As Odin put it:

"Men die, Cattle die, even we gods die. But I know something that never dies the fame of a person who has earned it."

Well I think thats what he said..LOL.

Alfheim
Originally posted by roughrider
Fascinating. Any daily or weekly worship requirements for the Norse Pantheon?
(You don't sacrifice animals, do you?)

I have a recipie for making a barrel of mead. Have you tried that?

It depends. Theres a thing called a blot were you may offer some food to a God, but it depends on what God you are offering it to. If its Odins its probably wine because Odin is supposed to drink nothing but wine. Certain days are also important to certain Gods for example Thursday is special to Thor, Wednesday is special to Odin, Tuesday to Tyr etc etc. I don't sacrifice animals I just offer food and meditate. Bare in mind that the Vikings were passionate about their religon but were not dogmatic about it. Also just because The Vikings did things in the past doesn't mean we have to do it now, for example The Vikings were very homophobic.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bl%C3%B3t

Hope this helps a bit...

Double post....sorry...

H. S. 6
Originally posted by Alfheim
Thor: My evil half-brother, Loki. A messenger from Asgard came to warn me that he escaped from his bonds again and journeyed to Midgard to do everything he could to--

Captain America: Thor, please.

Thor: What?

Captain America: Just shut up.

Thor: You go to church every Sunday, Captain. What I've got to say's no stranger than that.

thumb up

One of the best quotes I've ever read in a comic.

Kid Kurdy
You like Norse mythology ? I like it too, way more interesting than let's say the Egyptian or the Roman mythology (Greek is also cool).

Ever read the Thorgal comics ? They are all about Norse mythology, and are a pretty good read too.

Alfheim
Originally posted by Kid Kurdy
You like Norse mythology ? I like it too, way more interesting than let's say the Egyptian or the Roman mythology (Greek is also cool).

Ever read the Thorgal comics ? They are all about Norse mythology, and are a pretty good read too.

Nope but I'll check it out when I got time.

Kid Kurdy
Thorgal as a small boy (you can see the Goddess Frigg in the background and the serpent Nidhogg)

Okay I'll shut up now.

Alfheim
Thorgal as a small boy (you can see the Goddess Frigg in the background and the serpent Nidhogg)

Okay I'll shut up now.

Very nice. smile LOL sounds like you eally like the comics.

Kid Kurdy
The first twenty were great, awesome, now they are so and so.

The cool thing about the main character, is that he is really hated by the Gods because he's an anomaly (he just doesn't belong in the great plan set out by the Gods), but at the same time he is loved by the Gods because he has all the heart and courage that is needed in those days.

(And to think I promised to shut up.)

Alfheim
The first twenty were great, awesome, now they are so and so.

The cool thing about the main character, is that he is really hated by the Gods because he's an anomaly (he just doesn't belong in the great plan set out by the Gods),

Well you see this is the thing.......that makes them seem like Greek Gods now. The Greek Gods were mainly punishing human beings at a whim for no good reason. The Norse gods for the most part were a team that worked together to protect mankind and the whole of creation, Odin though is frequently portrayed as a complete b*****, but not all the time.

Kid Kurdy
Well you see this is the thing.......that makes them seem like Greek Gods now. The Greek Gods were mainly punishing human beings at a whim for no good reason. The Norse gods for the most part were a team that worked together to protect mankind and the whole of creation, Odin though is frequently portrayed as a complete b*****, but not all the time.
Hmm I don't know. Due to circumstances beyond his control, Thorgal does not have a specific "fate", and this angers the gods.

I don't see a typical Greek touch here, but maybe I'm wrong. You're the expert, not me.

grey fox

Do you pray to Odin ??

I'd rather pray to Thor and Odin then 'Yahew'.

When a Norse god gives themselves a title they take it seriously. 'God' on the other hand is full of contradictions. Love Thy Neighbour , but if he's a Jew or Heathen burn him . Let ye without sin cast the first stone , but stone women wearing trousers ect ect ect

Alfheim
Hmm I don't know. Due to circumstances beyond his control, Thorgal does not have a specific "fate", and this angers the gods.

I don't see a typical Greek touch here, but maybe I'm wrong. You're the expert, not me.

Nah man thats Greek. Its not Thorgal's fault that he has a specific fate why is he getting punished? That sort of thing happens more in Greek mythology. For the most part the Norse Gods tend to be more friendly. The Norse people saw themselves as children of the gods, there was no us and them. The Norse gods were there to look out for their children.

Originally posted by grey fox
I'd rather pray to Thor and Odin then 'Yahew'.

When a Norse god gives themselves a title they take it seriously. 'God' on the other hand is full of contradictions. Love Thy Neighbour , but if he's a Jew or Heathen burn him . Let ye without sin cast the first stone , but stone women wearing trousers ect ect ect

Yeah well Odin can be a serious taskmaster, but the good thing about them is they don't take themselves too serioulsy either.

grey fox

Alfheim

grey fox
eek!

Well I got so many ideas its crazy. Its gonna take me ages to put this stuff together. Im thinking of giving Hilters some sort of undead powers since actually Othin in heathen lore is actually undead.

Your on fire today.

Why ?

Those Nazi's I mentioned are currently vampires..whose bite causes the unchaste to become zombies .

Alfheim
Your on fire today.

Why ?

Probably because im talking about Norse Lore. I switch when that happens.

Those Nazi's I mentioned are currently vampires..whose bite causes the unchaste to become zombies .

Yup another idea. Also other bad guys in my MU are Fenris, World Serpent and Surt. Hela is actually good and is undead also. Hella is dark but not evil. There will be some undead in my MU but not all of them will be evil, in fact a significant proportion of them will be good.

Undead are the descendents of the dark elves and Hella but some draw strength from Othin.

grey fox
Probably because im talking about Norse Lore. I switch when that happens.

Yup another idea. Also other bad guys in my MU are Fenris, World Serpent and Surt. Hela is actually good and is undead also. Hella is dark but not evil. There will be some undead in my MU but not all of them will be evil, in fact a significant proportion of them will be good.

Undead are the descendents of the dark elves and Hella but some draw strength from Othin.

Anything about Yggdrasil ? Like plant people or it offering omnipotence for those who devour it's fruit (which could be guarded by Insanely powerful characters)

Alfheim
Anything about Yggdrasil ? Like plant people or it offering omnipotence for those who devour it's fruit (which could be guarded by Insanely powerful characters)

Have not got that far yet, but here are some new ideas I really love.

General fell of Earth- 999.... : Imagine 1930's Chicago, Victorian England, Dark, Middle Ages with a high-tech gothic feel..... smokin'

1. Agatha Harkness (Character from FF) is the witch supreme of this earth. She practices witchcraft and honours (we like to use the word honour instead of worship in heathenism) the Godess Freyja. This version of Agatha Harkness is alot younger and more sensual.

Her rival is Dr Schwartz (Dr Strange) a wizard he is the second most powerful person at magic on this earth. Dr Schwartz is evil and resents the fact that Agatha is more powerful than him and is a woman. DR Schwartz has a Chinese servant who follows his orders but hates his guts. His servant honours a Chinese incarnation of Thor called Liu Kang. Dr Schwartz has no affiliation to any gods and constantly ridcules his servant for being religous.

2. Jotuns (Giants). Jotuns were for the most part ousted from earth after WW2 (This is actually a different war in this timeline happened 1000s of years before mainstream WW2). As a result migrated to Kree, Skrull and Shiar Empires. Unfortunately they became intergalactic mobsters. In this timeline the Shiar Imperial Guard was specifically set up to eradicate the jotun threat and protect the Royal family. Jotuns became so confident at one point, they tried to intimidate Galactus......they got fried. At the present time they are not as powerful but are still a major force. This is due to the fact of the Imperial Guard joining forces with the Kree and Skrulls to weaken the jotun threat.

Not all jotuns are bad but they have a bad reputation through out the Galaxy and on earth and a significant proportion are involved in intergalactic crime. Jotuns rely less on magic and more on technology, they are highly advanced. Rumours have it they are making plans with Kree and Skrull outlaws to try and take over Earth.

Jotuns are not giant in appearance. Tend to be taller and stockier than average. Fire giants have glowing eyes and give off low emissions of heat. Frost Giants have dark blue skin, and give off low emissions of cold. I may alter this stuff later.

3. Raganarok (Apocalypse), is a cross between the mainstream Apocalypse and The Kingpin. He is the descendent of the Jotuns and posseses vast high tech and magical artifacts. He is base of operation is New York.

4. Ironman is a descendent of the Dwarves ( he is not aware of this) but is not religous. His dwarf genes make him ill in sunlight and several hours of exposure can kill him. This prompted him to make his magical tech suit to protect him from sunlight and jotun goons.

Being a descendent of the dwarves gives him the ability to create advanced magical artifacts and the ability to combine it with hi-tech. He is just recently gaining hi-tech equipment from the jotuns, he hates doing this because of their criminal connections but sees it as a neccesary evil.

Well basically ive got more but basicaly im going to have to put it to a rest for awhile. Im going to try and create a timeline and a bio for major characters. The undead are also going to play an important role on this earth and they are like a whole different race with different types of undead with different attributes and powers, some evil some bad. smokin'

Oh Alfheim your in luck , one of my various Fandoms has some MAJOR badguys whom are into Norse mythology . There also Nazi's.

Sorry didn't quite undertsand this, you have you're own fanfic? Sorry sometimes I lack comprehension skills.

Ichigo66666

Funny you should say that, i was going to suggest Norse Mythology to my Religon teacher as my fellow students may enjoy it more.

grey fox

Sorry didn't quite undertsand this, you have you're own fanfic? Sorry sometimes I lack comprehension skills.

Fandom -A term for the fans of one particular show or genre

King Kandy
Maybe the Abstracts could have a "Norse" look.

Doc Potato
Hm... yeah, I always thought heathenism was fascinating, and far more interesting than say... the Roman mythology...

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by H. S. 6
thumb up

One of the best quotes I've ever read in a comic.

Yeah, Thor really pwns in Ultimates.

Tony Stark: "Third world country with nuclear weapons."

Thor: "You might notice that only country who has ever used nuclear weapons against another is the one you pledged allegiance to."

And I didn't know people still worship Norse gods. Interesting. smile

Alfheim
Originally posted by King Kandy
Maybe the Abstracts could have a "Norse" look.

I was actually thinking of making Thor, Odin, Freyr abstracts in this universe.

Originally posted by DarkCrawler

And I didn't know people still worship Norse gods. Interesting. smile

Interestingly enough the Finns are also an important part of Heathen lore. I have a particular interest in this because the Norse people would refer to them as Elves. The Finns were respected for their sill in magic.

Alfheim
Another addition to my MU
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f95/t431059.html

King Kandy
The gods being the absttracts... Interesting. But aren't the abstracts the same for every universe?

Alfheim
Well no. For example in 616 you have Lord chaos and Master Order. In MU 999.... Lord Chaos could be Loki and Master Order will be Thor .....I don't think I will do this though...maybe.

King Kandy
Well no. For example in 616 you have Lord chaos and Master Order. In MU 999.... Lord Chaos could be Loki and Master Order will be Thor .....I don't think I will do this though...maybe.
Loki's a chaotic being. But i'd say Thor's far from being a good Master Order.

Alfheim
Originally posted by King Kandy
Loki's a chaotic being. But i'd say Thor's far from being a good Master Order.

Yup. Anyway I will have to think this over that sounds like a good idea.

King Kandy
Yup. Anyway I will have to think this over that sounds like a good idea.
It's certainly a interesting idea.

Scoobless

Alfheim

King Kandy

grey fox

Scoobless
It's pronounced doy - sh - land

stick out tongue

Alfheim

Scoobless
At any rate I hope next time you say you like something you mean it.

Anyway the changing of Germany to deutchland obvously depends on how much the history changed, but yeah thats a good point.

Actually that's just a language thing ... Germans call Germany Deutschland ... because that's what it's actually called.

"The name Germany has long described not a particular place but the loose, fluid polity of Germanic-speaking peoples that held sway over much of western Europe north of the Alps for millennia. Although Germany in that sense is an ancient entity, the German nation in more or less its present form came into being only in the 19th century, when Prussian Prime Minister Otto von Bismarck brought together dozens of German-speaking kingdoms, principalities, free cities, bishoprics, and duchies to form the German Empire in 1871."

http://www.britannica.com/eb/article-9106260/Germany

Germany (as we call it) has only been the country we know it as for 135 years.

smile

grey fox
Originally posted by Scoobless
It's pronounced doy - sh - land

stick out tongue

Ok my bad , crappy language skills....

Scoobless
Man this all takes me back to my high school days of both German & History classes.

smile ... sad .... no expression

Damn... I both liked and hated high school.

Alfheim
Actually the abstracts can still be Norse Gods but for example they would be Odin's parents Bor and Bestla, Thor's step parents, Audlhuma etc, etc...

Eternity would be Ymir.

King Kandy
Actually the abstracts can still be Norse Gods but for example they would be Odin's parents Bor and Bestla, Thor's step parents, Audlhuma etc, etc...

Eternity would be Ymir.
You know, this is too complicated.

We should just leave the Abstracts untouched.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.