the WTF happened post

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

kimmeh

Smiter
This is gonna take time to read but. ill read it because im bored.
Originally posted by kimmeh
sooo, most of you could probably care less (and I dont blame you!) but a few of you have tracked me down and wondered what happened to me, well here's the scoop: (feel free to flame away, i'm pretty much expecting it smile )

The long-awaited 'WTF Happened to You' Post:

Back in May, I began a journey of sorts. Feeling trapped in a marriage I no longer wanted I took a mini-vacation from Southern Suburbia USA to visit who would fast become the love of my life in Canada, one I met on where else? The internet of course! Live Journal to be exact. The mini 3 day vacation lasted for a blessed week due to car and....

And it is more than enough.
Ive read this much thanks to short attention span+uninteresting story

BlackSunshine

Barker
care less

Naz
Wow. shock That's just terrible.

Marth18
i skimmed through it, but i didnt have to, to ask this question...

why are you telling us?

Destiny_Desire
Hmmmmhmm

Leo.M
Wow, I'm sorry all that has happened to you. hug

You still working on trying to get your kids back? If you still are, I hope you get them back. There dad sounds like an *******.

redcaped
Beautiful WW...not world war!

Great the Vraya
Originally posted by Naz
Wow. shock That's just terrible.

GUILTY!!! ninja

~Flamboyant~
Hubba Hubba

Naz
Originally posted by Great the Vraya
GUILTY!!! ninja

of what? shock

Blanka
its too long i dont want to read all that

LanceWindu
Originally posted by Blanka

Then don't reply...simple as that. The woman just poured out a part of her life story which she has been in pain about and all you guys can say is "don't care" "too long"? Go get a ****ing life or at least contribute to threads rather than bash them even though you have no ****ING clue what the thread is about.

kimmeh
ok so maybe i should have put a little bit more of a disclaimer on this:

KMC gets a new bunch of folks every so often, i used to post on this board LOTS (it was a sickness really lol) but its been ages since i have posted so I am assuming that several generations of new members have come and gone since then, i pretty much expected that not many of the old guard was around but on the off chance that they were, i posted this for them, i made a LOT of great friends here and this was just an update for them..

its also why I posted it in the OTF as it wasnt relevant anywhere really, the OTF has long been home to the millions of 'i had a thought and just wanted to see it stare back at me on the screen' postings and shouldnt have offended anyone by its being here

but KMC being KMC I knew there would most definitely be the obligatory ranting from a few and posted this with the expectation of getting flamed.. i wasnt disappointed.. smile

so for those of you who took the time to read.. thank you

for those who commented with your very sweet emotions.. thank you even more

for those who are angry I posted this at all: Have a Great Day smile

for Ken.. my sweet darling champion in this thread.. I love ya lots.. your English Rose is one lucky lass big grin

crazy_shadow
sooo, most of you could probably care less (and I dont blame you!) but a few of you have tracked me down and wondered what happened to me, well here's the scoop: (feel free to flame away, i'm pretty much expecting it smile )

The long-awaited 'WTF Happened to You' Post:

i read this much... i think i read too much, it hurts!

Marth18
ok so maybe i should have put a little bit more of a disclaimer on this:

KMC gets a new bunch of folks every so often, i used to post on this board LOTS (it was a sickness really lol) but its been ages since i have posted so I am assuming that several generations of new members have come and gone since then, i pretty much expected that not many of the old guard was around but on the off chance that they were, i posted this for them, i made a LOT of great friends here and this was just an update for them..

its also why I posted it in the OTF as it wasnt relevant anywhere really, the OTF has long been home to the millions of 'i had a thought and just wanted to see it stare back at me on the screen' postings and shouldnt have offended anyone by its being here

but KMC being KMC I knew there would most definitely be the obligatory ranting from a few and posted this with the expectation of getting flamed.. i wasnt disappointed.. smile

so for those of you who took the time to read.. thank you

for those who commented with your very sweet emotions.. thank you even more

for those who are angry I posted this at all: Have a Great Day smile

for Ken.. my sweet darling champion in this thread.. I love ya lots.. your English Rose is one lucky lass big grin

I'm sorry it happened but theres nothing I can about it >_> I was thinking a simple private message to someone would have been better, I wouldnt really want anyone knowing all this if it were me but thats just me. Once again im sorry i hope things get better for you.

smoker4
Glad things are finally on the up bilbs, i have you on myspace now which is good !

serenade smokin'

Lana
Kimmeh! happy

Thorinn
WOW.

That sucks.

Punkyhermy
i . care .

no expression

~Da Rev~
Originally posted by Barker

Mišt
Bilb glomp

Mišt
Originally posted by Smiter
This is gonna take time to read but. ill read it because im bored.

Ive read this much thanks to short attention span+uninteresting story

Originally posted by Barker

Originally posted by Blanka

Originally posted by crazy_shadow
i read this much... i think i read too much, it hurts!

Originally posted by ~Da Rev~

You should all be ashamed of yourselves.

sammii
Thats a tragic story I'm glad your happier now .

kimmeh
thanks to all of you!!

and the reason i didnt use PM is cause I had a lot of friends here.. all of which i am soo grateful for!

props to Punkyhermy for the awesome SW tie in!!

cornponious
So now I know.

cornponious
And I miss you, Kim.

Miss Fiend
I don't know you but I read the whole story anyway. Couldn't stop reading it actually. Hope you get proper custody of your kids where they can come see you in the summer or something.

Syren
Originally posted in 2006... big grin

steverules_2
Originally posted by Hazardous
You should all be ashamed of yourselves.

You sound like an angry mother

ADarksideJedi
Hope things get better for you.

Bardock42
I could do with another update.

Syren
I'm ashamed to admit I did not read the first post fully when I made my recent comment embarrasment I have read it now, though, and I'd also really appreciate an update on the situation. You're a very strong woman yes

Rogue Jedi
I seriously fell asleep.

mikeydude
I still don't know whats going on...

Rogue Jedi
The word gullible comes to mind.

Syren
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
The word gullible comes to mind.

I know I'm not supposed to feed the trolls as it only encourages you but really, you are a grown man and you think it makes you look good to show no compassion? You're such a tragedy.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Syren
I know I'm not supposed to feed the trolls as it only encourages you but really, you are a grown man and you think it makes you look good to show no compassion? You're such a tragedy.

I believe he was referring to the people that were "falling" for the OP, not the person who made the OP.

steverules_2
Originally posted by dadudemon
I believe he was referring to the people that were "falling" for the OP, not the person who made the OP.

The OP is fake?

Rogue Jedi
I know I'm not supposed to feed the trolls as it only encourages you but really, you are a grown man and you think it makes you look good to show no compassion? You're such a tragedy. Case in point.

I'm a troll for calling everyone gullible for buying the OP? K. If you say so.

Rogue Jedi
I believe he was referring to the people that were "falling" for the OP, not the person who made the OP. Yeppers.

Wait, either one makes me a douchebag. haermm

I just find it extremely hard to believe that someone would share THAT much with an e-room filled with total e-strangers. I do, however, find it ridiculously easy to believe that I'm being called out for e-saying what some of you are e-thinking.

I guess some e-things are better left e-unsaid.

Bardock42
Case in point.

I'm a troll for calling everyone gullible for buying the OP? K. If you say so. Originally posted by dadudemon

What leads you to believe their story isn't genuine?

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Bardock42
What leads you to believe their story isn't genuine? Do you believe it?

Bardock42
Do you believe it?

Yes. I don't really have a reason to doubt it.

Rogue Jedi
Yes. I don't really have a reason to doubt it. So you think it's normal for a total stranger to share that much info with more total strangers?

Bardock42
So you think it's normal for a total stranger to share that much info with more total strangers?

She is not a total stranger though, she was a regular poster and had friends on here.

Rogue Jedi
She is not a total stranger though, she was a regular poster and had friends on here. And everyone who read her OP is her good friend? She put it ALL out there, dude. for a shitload of strangers to see. And frankly most of it sounds made up.

quanchi112
I tend to believe others unless they give me reason otherwise it's called giving people the benefit of the doubt but I can see doubting it as well as people do tend to fabricate their lives online due to their anonymity.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by quanchi112
I tend to believe others unless they give me reason otherwise it's called giving people the benefit of the doubt but I can see doubting it as well as people do tend to fabricate their lives online due to their anonymity. This is all I'm saying. My bullshit radar is very refined. In a case like this, when I say it's bullshit, I'm rarely wrong.

Bardock42
And everyone who read her OP is her good friend? She put it ALL out there, dude. for a shitload of strangers to see. And frankly most of it sounds made up. It's not the first time people have wrote out very personal things on this forum though. Is your only reason to doubt it the personal nature of the post? What sounds made up to you?

Rogue Jedi
It's not the first time people have wrote out very personal things on this forum though. Is your only reason to doubt it the personal nature of the post? What sounds made up to you? The OP seems rehearsed, well thought out. The sheer volume and detailing of it raises suspicions.

What part? All of it. I know at least 3 others thus far who have agreed with me in private. They're too chicken shit to say here, and I won't betray their trust by saying who they are.

quanchi112
This is all I'm saying. My bullshit radar is very refined. In a case like this, when I say it's bullshit, I'm rarely wrong. There's no way to prove or disprove it though. You made an assumption but did you really know the person at all when the person posted here ? With all this being said I think it's best to believe what you want to believe since it will never in all likelihood be proven or disproven.

Bardock42
Hmm, I disagree. It doesn't seem particularly well written or rehearsed to me. The story overall seems believable, and it has the sort of personal bias I'd expect. It doesn't go overtly into embarrassing details at all either. To me it is perfectly plausible. I also don't see a reason to fabricate it. But I could be wrong, just as well. Do you think people are really gullible for believing it to be true?

Rogue Jedi
There's no way to prove or disprove it though. You made an assumption but did you really know the person at all when the person posted here ? With all this being said I think it's best to believe what you want to believe since it will never in all likelihood be proven or disproven. I know the type, I know the behavioral pattern. I know an attention seeker when I see one, trust me on that.

quanchi112
I know the type, I know the behavioral pattern. I know an attention seeker when I see one, trust me on that. I don't know you well enough to trust you though. I'm sure like most we all trust our gut instinct and I like you tend to doubt something this tragic on an online board but still I want to give this person the benefit of the doubt. Glass is half full kinda guy at the moment.

Rogue Jedi
Hmm, I disagree. It doesn't seem particularly well written or rehearsed to me. The story overall seems believable, and it has the sort of personal bias I'd expect. It doesn't go overtly into embarrassing details at all either. To me it is perfectly plausible. I also don't see a reason to fabricate it. But I could be wrong, just as well. Do you think people are really gullible for believing it to be true? Well, gullible might have been too strong a word to use. Some are gullible, sure, but I'm sure others offered their sympathies because they don't have the balls to say "I smell bullshit", they think it's bullshit, but in the back of their mind, they're like "I could be wrong."

Rogue Jedi
I don't know you well enough to trust you though. I'm sure like most we all trust our gut instinct and I like you tend to doubt something this tragic on an online board but still I want to give this person the benefit of the doubt. Glass is half full kinda guy at the moment. My glass is always half full, dude. That saying doesn't really fit here.

quanchi112
Well, gullible might have been too strong a word to use. Some are gullible, sure, but I'm sure others offered their sympathies because they don't have the balls to say "I smell bullshit", they think it's bullshit, but in the back of their mind, they're like "I could be wrong." That's all the more reason to trust our own instincts as you aren't sure if most other posters think they smell bs you are just making assumptions. But I do agree that's the first thing I thought as I skimmed the post but didn't know the person and am giving my benefit of the doubt.

quanchi112
My glass is always half full, dude. That saying doesn't really fit here. Unless you did know this person when they posted here it certainly does apply here.

Bardock42
Well, gullible might have been too strong a word to use. Some are gullible, sure, but I'm sure others offered their sympathies because they don't have the balls to say "I smell bullshit", they think it's bullshit, but in the back of their mind, they're like "I could be wrong."
Maybe, I guess it could be that some people aren't sure, and in case they are wrong don't want to offend, which seems nice, don't you think? Like I said, I don't have any real reason to doubt it. Though you didn't quite answer my question, do you think everyone that does believe it and is not thinking "I smell bullshit" is gullible, cause I just don't see how it is so obvious that it must be a lie, you know?

Rogue Jedi
Maybe, I guess it could be that some people aren't sure, and in case they are wrong don't want to offend, which seems nice, don't you think? Like I said, I don't have any real reason to doubt it. Though you didn't quite answer my question, do you think everyone that does believe it and is not thinking "I smell bullshit" is gullible, cause I just don't see how it is so obvious that it must be a lie, you know? Gullible, more trusting, whatever. Less experience with internet bullshit than I.

Bardock42
Gullible, more trusting, whatever. Less experience with internet bullshit than I.

But perhaps you are wrong, no? Couldn't it be just as well that your "experience" has made you mistrusting and jaded even in the face of genuineness?

quanchi112
Gullible, more trusting, whatever. Less experience with internet bullshit than I. But you have no evidence to suggest as to why this person is lying or any proof this person has lied in the past on here. You could be a bser as well. The point is as posters we all more or less rely on our gut instincts and in a case with no evidence as to doubt the person I see no reason in calling bs unless there is evidence or a history of lying.

Rogue Jedi
Unless you did know this person when they posted here it certainly does apply here. I've seen shit like this too many times, seen it proven bullshit most of the time. One thing I have learned in life is to always go with my gut. When I do, most of the time I benefit. When I don't, I always, without fail, pay the price. My gut tells me the OP is a fabrication.

I'm an optimist in all aspects of life, most anyway, except when it comes to, well, stuff like this.

Rogue Jedi
But perhaps you are wrong, no? Couldn't it be just as well that your "experience" has made you mistrusting and jaded even in the face of genuineness? You're right, I could be wrong. Doubt it though.

Jaded? Lulz, nah, hardly jaded. What has happened, the experiences I speak of, well, I'd rather not share.

Rogue Jedi
But you have no evidence to suggest as to why this person is lying or any proof this person has lied in the past on here. You could be a bser as well. The point is as posters we all more or less rely on our gut instincts and in a case with no evidence as to doubt the person I see no reason in calling bs unless there is evidence or a history of lying. So if every fiber of your being tells you that someone is full of shit, but you cannot prove it, you assume they are not full of shit?

quanchi112
So if every fiber of your being tells you that someone is full of shit, but you cannot prove it, you assume they are not full of shit? I am saying it's up to you to come to that choice but since I am a positive person and give people the benefit of the doubt I choose to believe otherwise. You tend to think otherwise though claim to be a half glass full kinda guy.

Bardock42
You're right, I could be wrong. Doubt it though.

Jaded? Lulz, nah, hardly jaded. What has happened, the experiences I speak of, well, I'd rather not share.

I'm not saying you are, I'm just saying that for a bystander either of those sides could be just as possible. Well, we don't have to agree on the subject, I can understand why people might feel defensive when they are called gullible, and why you are defensive when you are called a troll.

quanchi112
I've seen shit like this too many times, seen it proven bullshit most of the time. One thing I have learned in life is to always go with my gut. When I do, most of the time I benefit. When I don't, I always, without fail, pay the price. My gut tells me the OP is a fabrication.

I'm an optimist in all aspects of life, most anyway, except when it comes to, well, stuff like this. But without evidence against it you tend to not trust people as opposed to trusting them so in this regard you're a pessimist.

Rogue Jedi
I am saying it's up to you to come to that choice but since I am a positive person and give people the benefit of the doubt I choose to believe otherwise. You tend to think otherwise though claim to be a half glass full kinda guy. I also claimed to be an optimist in most aspects of life, just not cases like this.

Rogue Jedi
I'm not saying you are, I'm just saying that for a bystander either of those sides could be just as possible. Well, we don't have to agree on the subject, I can understand why people might feel defensive when they are called gullible, and why you are defensive when you are called a troll. Lulz, you're German.

Rogue Jedi
But without evidence against it you tend to not trust people as opposed to trusting them so in this regard you're a pessimist.

I also claimed to be an optimist in most aspects of life, just not cases like this.

quanchi112
I also claimed to be an optimist in most aspects of life, just not cases like this. Ok, so I was right about you in this topic.

Rogue Jedi
Ok, so I was right about you in this topic. On cases like this, yes, you're right. Not about how I view life/reality in general, though.

quanchi112
On cases like this, yes, you're right. Not about how I view life/reality in general, though. I was just talking about this topic. I'm very rarely wrong and even you agree I was right in this topic.

Syren
Well, gullible might have been too strong a word to use. Some are gullible, sure, but I'm sure others offered their sympathies because they don't have the balls to say "I smell bullshit", they think it's bullshit, but in the back of their mind, they're like "I could be wrong."

I thought you meant she was being gullible. I apologise for my vehemence. But I'm sure you expected someone to say something, because, as usual, you're trying so hard to disagree with the majority and look cool and original or some shit. Boring yawn

Rogue Jedi
I thought you meant she was being gullible. I apologise for my vehemence. But I'm sure you expected someone to say something, because, as usual, you're trying so hard to disagree with the majority and look cool and original or some shit. Boring yawn

K, so you and ten of your friends are out and about, doing whatever. You see a "person", looks like a woman, but it's obvious to you it's a tranny.

Your friends are all 100% convinced it is a genuine woman, born that way, and they lose interest. Do you agree with them, or do you call them all crazy and point out that it is obviously a tranny?

Bardock42
2 things about that, a) you are very condescending in the way you portray your opposing belief b) you are saying it in a thread made by the person which she might see again.

So, would I say to my friends I thought the person might be a transsexual? Yes, maybe. Would I drag them over to said person and proclaim to her face "THIS PERSON IS AN UGLY TRANNY, AND EVERYONE THAT DOESN'T THINK SO IS A COMPLETE MORON", no, probably not.

Rogue Jedi
2 things about that, a) you are very condescending in the way you portray your opposing belief b) you are saying it in a thread made by the person which she might see again.

So, would I say to my friends I thought the person might be a transsexual? Yes, maybe. Would I drag them over to said person and proclaim to her face "THIS PERSON IS AN UGLY TRANNY, AND EVERYONE THAT DOESN'T THINK SO IS A COMPLETE MORON", no, probably not. No, what I am asking is would she/you bite your lip and say nothing more just because the masses disagree?

Drag the tranny over? haermm How the hell did you get that out of my post?

Bardock42
No, what I am asking is would she/you bite your lip and say nothing more just because the masses disagree?

Drag the tranny over? haermm How the hell did you get that out of my post?

I did not get that out of your post, I am not suggesting that is at all what you meant. I extended your analogy to better fit the situation. I don't think that the scenario you gave is relevant to this conversation, as it doesn't fit the circumstances.

I did answer your point as well though. I would politely, and discreetly state my opinion to my friends.

Rogue Jedi
I did not get that out of your post, I am not suggesting that is at all what you meant. I extended your analogy to better fit the situation. I don't think that the scenario you gave is relevant to this conversation, as it doesn't fit the circumstances.

K, try this. Camping predicts, via biblical code, the end of the world. Everyone here buys it. Do you bite your lip and leave them be, or do you speak your mind and say Camping is full of shit?

So you would do the same as I did here, speak your mind.

Syren
You're being a douche. All there is to it, really. And you seem to have a problem with relevance.

Bardock42
K, try this. Camping predicts, via biblical code, the end of the world. Everyone here buys it. Do you bite your lip and leave them be, or do you speak your mind and say Camping is full of shit?

So you would do the same as I did here, speak your mind.

That's not a personal matter. I don't have a problem with you speaking your mind either, I am just saying your analogy had shortcomings, just like this one did again.

Perhaps, I might not feel like it matters enough to call someone sharing something solely personal a liar, if it wasn't particularly outrageous and obviously designed for attention, or by precedent made unlikely.

dadudemon
What leads you to believe their story isn't genuine?

There's quite an obvious reason I put "falling" in quotes: it was to distance myself from the "falling" aspect of the thought I was explaining.

Oh, I certainly DO believe that the OP is true information from someone's life. And I'll leave it at that.

And, no, RJ and I did not have a conversation about this thread elsewhere, so let any suspicions die with this post for any reading this.

Rogue Jedi
You're being a douche. All there is to it, really. And you seem to have a problem with relevance. haermm U mad, bro?

Syren
Not at all. Just concerned that a person like you is allowed to flourish big grin

Rogue Jedi
A person who speaks their mind, a person who isn't afraid to say "Hey, that's bullshit?"

Bardock42
A person who speaks their mind, a person who isn't afraid to say "Hey, that's bullshit?"

You, Ghandi and Martin Luther King. stick out tongue

Syren
You, Ghandi and Martin Luther King. stick out tongue

You used a smilie. Shit is about to hit the fan *takes cover*

Rogue Jedi
You, Ghandi and Martin Luther King. stick out tongue haermm

Bardock42
I read it without the smilie, and it seemed a bit too mean. RJ is fragile.

Syren
I read it without the smilie, and it seemed a bit too mean. RJ is fragile.

Don't go soft on me now, B disgust

Bardock42
That's what she said.

Syren
That's what she said.

Predictable!!

Bardock42
Only to your dirty, dirty mind.

dadudemon
Only to your dirty, dirty mind.

She never said anything about things being dirty.

NOW who has the dirty mind?

AHA!

PWNED!!!!

Bardock42
She never said anything about things being dirty.

NOW who has the dirty mind?

AHA!

PWNED!!!!

I'm sorry. I should have said "only to my and your dirty, dirty mind", I did not mean to exclude myself from the dirtery.

Rogue Jedi
Fragile indeed.

you get thorns
So I read the whole thread. I can't figure out what the verdict is.

Can anyone help me here?

dadudemon
Originally posted by you get thorns
So I read the whole thread. I can't figure out what the verdict is.

Can anyone help me here?

What verdict? Or rather, what does "verdict" refer to?

If you are afraid of the social backlash, no worries: just shoot me a PM and I'll be happy to discuss it there.

you get thorns
Afraid of social backlash????

Hold the presses but I know how to turn off a computer. No fears here. I was just curious as to what this all amounted to.

Syren
Originally posted by you get thorns
Afraid of social backlash????

Hold the presses but I know how to turn off a computer. No fears here. I was just curious as to what this all amounted to.

laughing out loud

Peach
Why was this thread dragged up and argued about?

I know Kim, I've been friends with her long before this thread was created, and I still keep in touch with her. And yes, everything posted in the original post is true.

Closing this thread, because leaving it open serves no purpose at all.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.