Punisher: War Journal

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

King_Mungi
Issue #1 came out this week, actually quite good and the art is fantastic

Punisher kills Jester, Jack O' Lantern and Stilt Man

NiņoAraņa
Originally posted by King_Mungi

Punisher kills Jester, Jack O' Lantern and Stilt Man If you read Civil War 5..you kinda know the first two.... eek!

jrodslam

Punisher kills Jester, Jack O' Lantern and Stilt Man

Wonder if Matt knows about that? And if he doesnt, whats he gonna say about it when he gets back to the states. I mean they are his villains primarily.

Black Adam
not a big fan of the punisher..and I love c and D list villains....
not that it matters if they died in this mini or not, seeing as future writers won't even care seeing as they are C an D list they will still use them anyway without an explanation for there resurrection.

anyway Ariel Olivetti art is to hard to pass. I guess I'll pick it up next week.

HelloThere
Stilm Man is expected. But darn I will miss that guy.

Its part of Cival War so will there be scans ?

Black Adam
Originally posted by jrodslam
whats he gonna say about it when he gets back to the states.

Matt: Well at least I still got Leapfrog and Bullseye...Oh GOD DAMMIT!

King_Mungi
Any fans of G.W.Bridge? as he makes his return.

Black Adam
Any fans of G.W.Bridge? as he makes his return.

didn't he come back two issue ago in Cable and deadpool?

King_Mungi
Originally posted by Black Adam
didn't he come back two issue ago in Cable and deadpool?

Might have, I stopped reading the series a few issues ago

Howard_Jones
Yeah, he came back in Cable and Deadpool. I am liking this so far though.

manjaro
if im not mistaken those guys arent the originals..well at least stiltman isnt..he told spiderman that he got the blue prints for the armor off the internet, and added guns and rockets to it and shit

Doc Potato
Yup, but he didn't buy it off the internet. he failed to buy it then found it or somesuch. And didn't Leap Frog die or get crippled or something? In Wake Up? He did fall off a roof onto a grabage truck...

marvelprince
IIRC I believe Leapfrog died when his son stuck him in the back with a live wire. His body then fell onto the garbage truck and his body was dumped. Poor kid was so traumatized he couldn't even speak

Howard_Jones
Man, I miss Leapfrog too. The whole fight between him, his son, and Spidey vs Walrus and that rabbit chick was gold.

Disappear
bridge was in cable and deadpool as recently as the issue released last week, hence the line in C&D "this issue takes place before the events of punisher: war journal"

the art really wasn't doing it for me, and the "techno aura" seemed like a lazy man's excuse to get punisher involved in saving spidey. not really meeting my long-delayed expectations.

Morridini
Weird, thought we had a newer thread then this one for Punisher...

Anyway, just read issue 13. I must say I really miss the art from issue 1-12. At first I thought it looked waay too bulky etc, but after 12 issues it had really grown on me. So this issue I didn't really manage to enjoy quite as much because the kiddie art didn't make it feel like a Punisher issue. Anyone else preferred the previous art too?

ragesRemorse
i tried to sell my copy of the first punisher war journal #1. Its only worth like $10. it doesnt pay to collect punisher comics.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Morridini

Anyway, just read issue 13. I must say I really miss the art from issue 1-12. At first I thought it looked waay too bulky etc, but after 12 issues it had really grown on me. So this issue I didn't really manage to enjoy quite as much because the kiddie art didn't make it feel like a Punisher issue. Anyone else preferred the previous art too?

I felt issues 1-12 felt were more watered down with the look of it to make it more kid friendly. As for #11 which i recently got i like that art style more kinda reminded of the look from the last punisher series (1987 - 1995) But then again if you really want the more grittier punisher stuff go check out the MAX series

WHats the reason for the punisher comics only worth that much?

Morridini
Originally posted by Kazenji
But then again if you really want the more grittier punisher stuff go check out the MAX series

Yeah i am familiar with those, I just bought Punisher Max TPB 2-7 (having Born and 1 from before) through Ebay and am currently reading nr 2.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.