You saw a child !

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

coolmovies
The scene When arawen goes back and askes her father tell me what u saw ?? Then her father saying i saw death ! Arawen saying you saw a child !

Was that scene moved to Rotk EE ?? becouse i think i saw it in The two towers SE confused

jainasolo55
i think it was in the two towers but im not sure if it was EE or not i forget

fini
UMMM nooooo its in ROTK........... right before the reforge the shards of Narsil.

coolmovies
thats what i thought rotk

jainasolo55
oh yeah it IS ROTK my mistake

coolmovies
lolz thanks

aniron
BUT the lil runnin bit b4 that is in TTT trailer!

masterkit
Originally posted by aniron
BUT the lil runnin bit b4 that is in TTT trailer!

what?

aniron
When Arwen runs up to Elrond saying: "you have the gift of forsight tell me what you have seen" before telling him about the child, that bit is in ROTK but is in TTT trailer!

Superguy
Either way, the extended Arwen/ Aragorn subplot is utter crap, pulled from Jackson's arse... there was very little of that whiny Elrond crap in the books... sad

Council#13
If Elrond saw a child, didn't he know then that Sauron would be defeated?

thefallen544
Even the wise cannot see all ends, I think that as the shadow of Mordor stretched over the land once again the sight of even Elrond was diminished unable to see what end awaited the quest for the destruction of the ring. Especially as so much of the quest lay with chance even up to the destruction of the ring itself by Gollum.

Willaume
As Superguy explained, the scenes from R.K. were all pulled from P.J.'s arse. I enjoyed the films, but disliked the unnessecary fantastical/Hollywood-additions, (e.g., whiny-Elrond, Legolas' acrobatics, etc.).

That being said, an explaination for the scenes of the film could be: Elrond didn't want his daughter to live the life he knew she was doomed to live if she married Aragorn.

If I may quote an essay I've read, which deals with the subject of sex and libido in the works of Tolkien, there is a passage that deals with the union of men and elves, and in conclusion to the unhappy story of Aragorn and Arwen, the author comments: "(...) seems punished, somehow. Aragorn's choice of death plunges her into a sad understanding of human denial of death and leaves her without reason to live. Arwen's descision to remain in Middle-earth and love Aragorn, motivated by passion, becomes hollow, in the end," (Tyellas, Warm Beds Are Good: Sex and Libido in Tolkien's Writing).

She then quotes Arwen from The Tale of Aragorn and Arwen, (R.K., Appendix A), to show evidence for her statement: "I must indeed abide the Doom of Men, whether I will or I nil; the loss and the silence."

aniron
I think elronds pretty crap are seeing the future.

Willaume
An excellent observation. roll eyes (sarcastic)

stick out tongue

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.