DarthVader(RODV)/Boba Fett(EU) vs Jango Fett/Count Dooku

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

braz
no prep. the fights in Kamino.

who winz??

braz
i say boba n DV take it

Prodigal Knight
Yep, Darth Vader vs. Tyrannus is a long fight.

Boba and Jango will be a long fight.

Eventually Vader wins and helps Boba kill Jango

braz
who do u thinks better, Boba or Jango?

Tangible God
RODV Vader is in his suit right?

Dooku zaps Vader and leaves him to to die of asphyxiation, meanwhile, Mandalore/Boba is shooting it out with Jango while Dooku comes up, zaps him, crushes his neck while at the same time Jango shoots him.

Prodigal Knight
Dooku cannot just zap Vader to death.

Gideon
Originally posted by Prodigal Knight
Dooku cannot just zap Vader to death.

Actually, he can. But that's if Vader doesn't block it with his saber. Which I see happening.

Rampant ox
Dooku beats Vader and Boba beats Jango (although both barely). Then Dooku goes on to destroy Boba.

Gideon
Originally posted by Rampant ox
Dooku beats Vader and Boba beats Jango (although both barely). Then Dooku goes on to destroy Boba.

Wait. You, proclaim that Dooku has victory? That is hard to believe. stick out tongue

Hell.

I could say that with Tyranus wrapped up with Vader (face it, Rampant, he's not going to be taking three swipes and killing Vader anyways - and I doubt he'd win in a duel) - Boba can just turn and put a blaster shot to Dooku's face. Then Vader and Boba rape Jango.

Rampant ox
Well of course, that is one of many thousands of possible scenarios. Dooku could be fighting Vader, then fires of a quick blast of force lightning to disable Boba. Dooku and Jango then 'rape' Vader, as you so crudely put it lol.

darthsith19
Is this EU Boba as in LOTF Boba or just any EU? Cause if it's any EU he's tied with Jango, Tyranus beats Vader then Jango and Tyranus beat Boba easily. If it's LOTF Boba then I don't know cause I'm not sure how strong LOTF Boba is but I'm guessing Tyranus could still take him while Jango could take Vader alone if this is Vader at the beginning of RODV.

Edit: OMG, I can't believe that people ehre think RODV Vader is stornger than Tyranus. Is it the fact that Vader had trouble beating an avg. jedi (Bol Chatak) at the beginning of the book or the fact that he was nearly killed by a Jedi Master with wa weak Force connection (Roan Shryne) at the end of the book?

Gideon
Actually, I didn't notice that it was RoDV Vader. Whoops. Though, to be fair, Darthsith, I don't recall Roan ever nearly killing Vader.

braz
Originally posted by Tangible God
RODV Vader is in his suit right?

Dooku zaps Vader and leaves him to to die of asphyxiation, meanwhile, Mandalore/Boba is shooting it out with Jango while Dooku comes up, zaps him, crushes his neck while at the same time Jango shoots him.

ok.

then whats to stop Vader from smashing Count's windpipe before he can even begin to harm him w/ force lightning? and the way i see it, Boba beats Jango. he actually is slightly better. ive read that hes more cunning and intelligent than Jango was but not quite as physical. so IMO Boba could take his old man. its a close fight. but i still say Vader and Boba ftw 6/10. remember, this is RODV Vader, not movie Vader in the original star wars movies. no. in that book he took on 8 jedi and won. wink

Tangible God
Originally posted by braz
ok.

then whats to stop Vader from smashing Count's windpipe before he can even begin to harm him w/ force lightning? and the way i see it, Boba beats Jango. he actually is slightly better. ive read that hes more cunning and intelligent than Jango was but not quite as physical. so IMO Boba could take his old man. its a close fight. but i still say Vader and Boba ftw 6/10. remember, this is RODV Vader, not movie Vader in the original star wars movies. no. in that book he took on 8 jedi and won. wink Were those 8 Jedi former Jedi Masters and discibles of Palpatine and Sith teachings with a powerful command of the Dark Side? No?

Vader, if he can't block a barrage of lightning from Dooku, which I seriously don't see him being able to keep up for too long, will be killed by Dooku without much effort. And regardless of Boba winning or not, he will also be killed by Dooku, you know, the whole "crushing their necks into smaller pieces and zapping them into DFB (Dooku Fried Boba)"

darthsith19
He whooped his ass in saber combat, hitting him with his saber many times. This caused Vader to nearly lose, thus he was nearly kileld by Roan. Dooku would completely obliterate Roan.

Rampant ox
and zapping them into DFB (Dooku Fried Boba)"

LOL! laughing

braz
roll eyes (sarcastic)

Rampant ox
Mmmmmm, Dooku fried Boba. droolio stick out tongue

((The_Anomaly))
Dooku's team mops the floor with Vaders team.

braz
Were those 8 Jedi former Jedi Masters and discibles of Palpatine and Sith teachings with a powerful command of the Dark Side? No?

Vader, if he can't block a barrage of lightning from Dooku, which I seriously don't see him being able to keep up for too long, will be killed by Dooku without much effort. And regardless of Boba winning or not, he will also be killed by Dooku, you know, the whole "crushing their necks into smaller pieces and zapping them into DFB (Dooku Fried Boba)"

no. but thats still 8 Jedi and thats alot of force to take on all at once. well, actually he took on 4 at once, then fought the other 4 two at a time. but still, id be surprised to see Dooku take on that many Jedi and come out victorious. plus, Vaders probably stronger with the force than Dooku. i mean, trust me i know Dookus strong, but Vader has the most potential out of ne Jedi/Sith of his time. and he reached his peak potential mentally in RODV IMO, despite what he lacked physically and thats how he was able to take them on. andsith lightning wont kill Vader immediately, Palpatine was doin it to Luke for awhile and he never died. Vader either crushes his windpipe immediately if hes really bloodlusted or rips off his limbs via force power. i mean, think about it, if Anakin could beat Tyrannus when he was a weaker Jedi, he can def take him now. and DV and Boba wtfing pwn Jango. wink

Prodigal Knight
Well since this is RODJ Vader, who's not as powerful as TESB Vader and has yet to master everything, there is a chance that Tyrannus kills Vader and him and Jango pwn Boba.

However, DV and Boba could very much run away with this.

Gideon
Were those 8 Jedi former Jedi Masters and discibles of Palpatine and Sith teachings with a powerful command of the Dark Side? No?

There's one problem with that.

AotC Obi-Wan stopped Count Dooku's lightning with absolutely no difficulty. Vader is also much stronger than Obi-Wan, so he would be able to hold off more. Tangible, Dooku would have to go all out in order to overpower Vader with lightning - and then there's the possibility that he can't.

He'd have to aim for his exposed areas, I guess.

Even then - if Vader gets close to Dooku - this fight is over. He'd simply break him in half.

And as for the 'crushing neck' thing, Vader seems to be far more skilled in that department, and could simply crush Jango. If he loses to Dooku, Boba could just turn, whirl, and loose a blaster bolt in Dooku's face.

darthsith19
Come on Vos, you know Tyranus would beat RODV Vader for sure. Have you even read RODV?

Prodigal Knight
"Sigh" all right, fine maybe. But by TESB, Vader kills Tyrannus.

Nikkolas
"Sigh" all right, fine maybe. But by TESB, Vader kills Tyrannus.

He kills him but after a long fight.

Anyway, RODV Vader seems like a chump 'cause he is a n00b in his suit which means Dooku could most definitely pwn the crap out of him.

On a closely related sidenote, Hogan pwns them all in fashion sense.

http://www.tvsquad.com/media/2006/06/hulkhogan_granitz_6662093.jpg

braz
Well since this is RODJ Vader, who's not as powerful as TESB Vader and has yet to master everything, there is a chance that Tyrannus kills Vader and him and Jango pwn Boba.

However, DV and Boba could very much run away with this.

the way i see it, RODV is the most powerful form of Vader because its in the expanded universe, and its written in a book and thus, more things can be possible when read in words, rather than looked at on a screen. kinda like comics, just w/o the pictures. kinda explains how som1 w/ 3 mechanical limbs can beat 8 jedi. and i thought it was in RODV he gained more power from when he was Anakin in Ep. 3, and that he didnt get any more powerful after that when the original movies came out, but idunno, im prolly wrong. embarrasment

Gideon
No, Darthsith was right. RoDV Vader is not the most powerful incarnation. If this is at the beginning of RoDV, then Count Dooku would most likely win without extreme difficulty. If this is at the end, Dooku's chances are still good - but he'd have a hell of a fight.

darthsith19
Originally posted by Gideon
No, Darthsith was right. RoDV Vader is not the most powerful incarnation. If this is at the beginning of RoDV, then Count Dooku would most likely win without extreme difficulty. If this is at the end, Dooku's chances are still good - but he'd have a hell of a fight.
What? No, lol, Vader at the begining of the book was upset because he was unable to defeat Bol Chatak without getting injured in the process. Bol would get wasted by Dooku without ever coming close to him. Even by the end he was trouble defeating Roan Shryne, whom Dooku would defeat with easy. I'd put Roan on par with AOTC kenobi, perhaps slightly higher, and Dooku wasted AOTC kenobi easily.So no, it wouldn't even be close.

Tangible God
There's one problem with that.

AotC Obi-Wan stopped Count Dooku's lightning with absolutely no difficulty. Vader is also much stronger than Obi-Wan, so he would be able to hold off more. Tangible, Dooku would have to go all out in order to overpower Vader with lightning - and then there's the possibility that he can't.

He'd have to aim for his exposed areas, I guess.

Even then - if Vader gets close to Dooku - this fight is over. He'd simply break him in half.

And as for the 'crushing neck' thing, Vader seems to be far more skilled in that department, and could simply crush Jango. If he loses to Dooku, Boba could just turn, whirl, and loose a blaster bolt in Dooku's face. That's true, I'd overlooked that. My rebuttal, I guess, is that Dooku looked like he wasn't trying too hard against Obi-Wan, kind of a lazy attack that was.

Against RODV: I don't know if Vader was as skilled or talented in Force choke at that time as he likely is later, and Dooku did do that little tossed salad move with Obi-Wan in ROTS. Dooku I believe would have to use his superior maneuvaribility to get in from behind or close enough for a quick saber lock or something, while zapping Vader.

And to braz, though it might have been said already, RODV is NOT the strongest form of Vader, TESB is like his pinnacle. And Vader's maximum level of power in his suit is only equivalent to 80% of Palpatine's. And since RODV is not at that full potential...

Gideon
Only equivalent to 80% of Palpatine? Like I've argued before, if Count Dooku is more than that, it's not by much.

Gideon
Originally posted by darthsith19
What? No, lol, Vader at the begining of the book was upset because he was unable to defeat Bol Chatak without getting injured in the process. Bol would get wasted by Dooku without ever coming close to him. Even by the end he was trouble defeating Roan Shryne, whom Dooku would defeat with easy. I'd put Roan on par with AOTC kenobi, perhaps slightly higher, and Dooku wasted AOTC kenobi easily.So no, it wouldn't even be close.

Well, gosh. Let me put it like this, Darthsith:

You aren't a canon authority. Whom you put on par with whom isn't exactly going to hold water unless you have a lot of proof to support you.

Saying "Gosh, well, y'know... I'd put Roan on par with... err... AotC Kenobi!" is like me saying: "Gosh, well, y'know... Coleman Trebor could kick Marka Ragnos's ass in a straight up fight."

You have yet to prove why this is so.

May I remind you that Vader dismantled an entire bridge and essentially kicked Roan's ass without any use of a lightsaber? When has Dooku dismantled his environment and used it to his advantage? I might be wrong (note that!), but I don't ever recall him doing such a thing.

He'd beat RoDV Vader, yes. But if you think that he's just gonna take two swings and the fight'd be over, you're mistaken.

Rampant ox
When has Dooku dismantled his environment and used it to his advantage? I might be wrong (note that!), but I don't ever recall him doing such a thing.

Ripping down a solid stone roof and throwing two large generators at Yoda come to mind. Then he tried collapsing that huge pillar on top of Kenobi/Skywalker. There was also the time that he collapsed a steel balcony on top of Obi-wan, effectively eliminating him from the fight. That in itself is evidence enough that Dooku uses the envirnment, and I havent even included any EU.

Tangible God

You aren't a canon authority. Whom you put on par with whom isn't exactly going to hold water unless you have a lot of proof to support you.

Saying "Gosh, well, y'know... I'd put Roan on par with... err... AotC Kenobi!" is like me saying: "Gosh, well, y'know... Coleman Trebor could kick Marka Ragnos's ass in a straight up fight."

May I remind you that Vader dismantled an entire bridge and essentially kicked Roan's ass without any use of a lightsaber? When has Dooku dismantled his environment and used it to his advantage? I might be wrong (note that!), but I don't ever recall him doing such a thing.

He'd beat RoDV Vader, yes. But if you think that he's just gonna take two swings and the fight'd be over, you're mistaken. I can agree with this.

darthsith19

He'd beat RoDV Vader, yes. But if you think that he's just gonna take two swings and the fight'd be over, you're mistaken.
Okay, ybut you can't pretend like Roan's that incredible, Dooku pwnd ROTS kenobi while fending off Anakin, do you really think Roan is stronger than ROTS Obi-Wan? Roan isn't good with the Force, Olee Starstone did betetr things than he did with the Force, and she's only a 13 year old padawan. With a saber he was pretty good so I therefor but him slightly above AOTC Kenobi. Look at what Rampant Ox said. Also, before Vader did that he was losing. Losing to someone who's only slightly above avg. plus we don't know if this is Vader at the end of RODV or at the beginning of it.

Gideon
Let's go through this.

Do we need to get into a discussion about the effort that Count Dooku put into this? Need I remind you that Darth Sidious was chucking handfuls of senate pods without any effort. Vader dismantled that bridge effortlessly. Dooku struggled to rip those generators out of their moorings, and the same goes for the roof.

That - and he did this before the initial engagement. He'd certainly have no chance to do it were his opponent on top of him. In the case of Vader, he manages to find ways to do it in the midst of a fight. He merely puts some distance between them.

In the case of Shryne, he was less than five meters away according to the book.

He ripped the bottom of the pillar's infrastructure. And he did it to Obi-Wan and Anakin - who were nearly unconscious. He didn't attempt to attack Yoda with the environment, is the point. And it wasn't so much of an attack as it was a distraction.

This is, actually, the only example worth citing.

Not like Vader does in the midst of a fight.

Gideon
Okay, ybut you can't pretend like Roan's that incredible, Dooku pwnd ROTS kenobi while fending off Anakin, do you really think Roan is stronger than ROTS Obi-Wan? Roan isn't good with the Force, Olee Starstone did betetr things than he did with the Force, and she's only a 13 year old padawan. With a saber he was pretty good so I therefor but him slightly above AOTC Kenobi. Look at what Rampant Ox said. Also, before Vader did that he was losing. Losing to someone who's only slightly above avg. plus we don't know if this is Vader at the end of RODV or at the beginning of it.

I'm not pretending that Roan is incredible. Roan's lack of skills with the Force diminished from the status of the Force itself - due to the Emperor and the genocide of the Jedi. To my knowledge Force skills just don't randomly diminish of their own accord, especially when Roan was a Jedi General who saw a lot of wartime.

Secondly, Olee was not "a thirteen year old Padawan." Try higher.

Thirdly, Vader wasn't losing. In fact, if I may quote the book, Roan "owed as much to luck as to skill" for his assault on Vader.

darthsith19
No, the generator had more mass, thus required more force to move, and thus had a slower acceleration time. With the ceiling Dooku had to make sure he didn't accidentally collapse the entire hanger by accident, and it still seemed relatively easy.

Didn't he? Dropping the Force on him, ripping objects off the walls and throwing them at Yoda ect. After they started dueling he didn't because his otehr efforts were in vain and he knew that he had a better chance against Yoda in a saber duel than he did in a Force duel.

Whatever, think what you want, his Force skills still got weaker no matter what the reason was.

Really? I thought the cover of the book said she was 13 years old, but maybe not. Tell me then, how old do you think she was?

In the saber duel Roan was winning, hence why he cut Vader many times whiole never getting touched himself, and why Vader had to resort to using the Force to win.

Gideon
The generator had more mass than what? As far as the ceiling concerned, where does it state that Dooku was concerned about collapsing the entire thing? Seemed to me that he only took chunks out of it - and small chunks at that considering the many layers of the cave itself.

No, lol. I meant that he did not try to do it against Yoda when they had initiated the saber duel. Even when he had Yoda in a lightsaber lock, he chose to attack Kenobi and Skywalker - not Yoda himself.

I never denied that. You said he was weak in the force. I told you that he wasn't, but his powers diminished. There is a difference.

The cover doesn't say that. She's in her twenties, I believe, as Roan thought that she would end up in a relationship with Filli, I believe.

Dude, he wasn't winning the saber duel - and again: "he owed as much luck to skill."

darthsith19
The bridge Vader dropped. Maybe, actually it's hard to say.

It's only logical that if a chunk of a roof gets torn out the whole thing might fall down if not done correctly.

Oh, I thought he went all the way through, guess I'll have to check. And the script says he "causes great boulders in the ceiling above YODA to fall".

Cause he knew he couldn't defeat Yoda and therefor his ebst chance was to escape.

Either way his Force skills were lacking. Same difference. The point remains the same.

I still think that somewhere in the book it says that she was 13. And isn't Filli 15?

What are you quoting?

Gideon
Well hot damn. Maybe you are right about Olee. Lemme check.

Edit: And I'm quoting the RoDV book about the "skill/luck".

Edit #2: It doesn't say, Darthsith. I tried Wookipedia. I'm pretty sure she's older than that, though.

darthsith19
Well hot damn. Maybe you are right about Olee. Lemme check.

Edit: And I'm quoting the RoDV book about the "skill/luck".

Edit #2: It doesn't say, Darthsith. I tried Wookipedia. I'm pretty sure she's older than that, though.
Whatever, maybe it says somewhere in the book, maybe I'm wrong. And how was Roan lucky? Is this what Vader thinks?

Gideon
No. It was in the narrarator's perspective. The omniscient storyteller.

darthsith19
Sound like bullshit to me. Where in the fight did Roan get lucky?

Gideon
Sound like bullshit to me. Where in the fight did Roan get lucky?

Sounds like bullshit to you? Well, you apparently own the damn book, hotshot. Go look it up yourself.

Chapter 46.

The Planet
No, Gideon's right. The exact quote is in the first sentence of chapter 46.

darthsith19
No, I don't own the book.

jollyjim311
Without pussyfootin' around: Jango and Dooku. Vader isn't yet powerful enough to take out Dooku. For the most part, Jango and Dooku win. Without Boba getting an early win against Jango, Vader can't beat Dooku. He'll hold him off for a bit, but, not long enough.

The big EH
i'd deffinatley say jango/tyranus, first of all jango is the mentor of boba and is more powerful, secondly since vader doesn't have the greatest manuverabilty nor does he have force lightnig cause of his arm, and is not immune to it because of his mechanicalism, all dukoo would need to do is keep on shocking vader while jango and boba catch up, and vader would die because his suit would short circut and shut down

Rampant ox
Originally posted by The big EH
i'd deffinatley say jango/tyranus, first of all jango is the mentor of boba and is more powerful, secondly since vader doesn't have the greatest manuverabilty nor does he have force lightnig cause of his arm, and is not immune to it because of his mechanicalism, all dukoo would need to do is keep on shocking vader while jango and boba catch up, and vader would die because his suit would short circut and shut down

You hit the nail right on the head. Although I would say that Jango and Boba are evenly matched, they are clones are after all.

Advent
first of all jango is the mentor of boba and is more powerful,

Hardly.

You know a "mentor" means jack shit, right? Much less considering Boba Fett was orphaned by age 10 (AotC, Jango dies), so I don't see any connection you're trying to make.

And "more powerful"? My cute, Asian ass. If anything, Boba Fett is, at the very least, on par with Jango. I'd submit that he's probably better, as I don't see Jango being able to contend with Darth Vader, and besting him to an extent. Especially considering how well he faired against AotC Obi-Wan, who is comical at best to compare to Darth Vader (as of the OT), and the ease of which Mace Windu wiped his ass with him (considering OT Vader would give Mace trouble).

Albeit, given this is RoDV Vader, I'd give it to Jango Fett and Count Dooku, more often than not.

Darth Subjekt

right...because vader cant simply raise his saber to block the lightning like OB1, Mace and Yoda did....ok buddy. dee dee dee.

Gideon
Originally posted by Advent
Hardly.

You know a "mentor" means jack shit, right? Much less considering Boba Fett was orphaned by age 10 (AotC, Jango dies), so I don't see any connection you're trying to make.

And "more powerful"? My cute, Asian ass. If anything, Boba Fett is, at the very least, on par with Jango. I'd submit that he's probably better, as I don't see Jango being able to contend with Darth Vader, and besting him to an extent. Especially considering how well he faired against AotC Obi-Wan, who is comical at best to compare to Darth Vader (as of the OT), and the ease of which Mace Windu wiped his ass with him (considering OT Vader would give Mace trouble).

Albeit, given this is RoDV Vader, I'd give it to Jango Fett and Count Dooku, more often than not.

Why must you bring your ass into this? stick out tongue

Darth Subjekt
well is it really gonna hurt you to hear about her "cute Asian ass"? well I guess it could in a certain ob1's lightsaber color kinda way...wink

you'll figure that out...

btw way...must you bring your stick out tongue to her ass?

Darth_Frost
ou are all wrong... Vader and Dooku fight eachother exausting themselves and the Jango and Boba as father and son kill the winner big grin

Darth Godzilla
Is this Vader from the beginning of RODV or the end? If it's the beginning, Dooku zaps him to death in seconds. However, if it's him from the end, then, I said it before, I'll say it again, he obliterates the old man. I don't see how, considering that Vader knows Dooku's tactics from when he was Anakin Skywalker, Vader couldn't block his Force lightning. Then it comes down to a duel. Now then, anyone who's read the ROTS novelization knows why Anakin beat Dooku- brute strength. And if you're going to deny Vader being stronger than Anakin, you're ON CRACK! Pardon the term, please. Granted, Vader is slower than Anakin, and would take a few glancing blows from Dooku. But I see Vader eventually crushing Dooku.

Boba and Jango are the same person. Boba has better equipment than Jango. Boba WTFpwns Jango.

jollyjim311
Vader has plenty of advantages against Dooku: Armor, form, strength... but he lacks his experience and has not yet had time to become what he later is. He would give Dooku some definite trouble, but, lose after a pretty tough fight. Close-ish, but Dooku takes the win.

Darth Godzilla
I'm not gonna bother to repeat my arguments, so I'm just going to go along with this. You do have a point.
Let's say you're right. Let's say Dooku can beat RoDV Vader. However, no one's provided a good argument for Jango. Boba has better equipment, and is more cunning, and the two are the same person. Logic states that Boba wins. Now, what takes longer, a gunfight or a lighsaber duel? You see where I'm going. Boba is one of, if not the greatest gunman in history. He'll be a thorn in Dooku's side, a thorn not easily removed... and probably enough of a hinderance to give Vader his chance.

Besides, look over what I said about when it comes to a duel.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.